kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

Kimz!! , im still using version 1 icon_biggrin.gif and its going fine with me, however in the last 10 mins of games or 20 mins, if i have a slick lead i would use the 4-3-2-1 defensive tactic which is perfect for holding off. I have never conceded using the defensive tactic. However i have one problem is that it is very rare i score in the second half of games icon_frown.gif and i was wondering why???

This is a beautiful tactic which im highly successful with. Thanks icon14.gif

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet another tactic that seems to work for everyone else but gets my team into complete ruins. 8 matches played with Feyenoord with OI and the works: won 2, drew 5, lost 1. I could get better results playing 2-2-6.

I'll try it for half a season but so far I'm very disappointed.

don't forget sometimes a team takes a little while to adapt properly to a new formation. Granted you drew 5 out of the 8 games, but you only lost 1. For those 5 draws you may have dominated but players failed to take their chances

I played my first season with FC Carl Zeiss Jena in the German Second Division using Kimz's tactic and finished 2nd.

My first season in the German First Division I finished 9th. I was widely regarded to finish in 18th place and drop back to the Second Division. I couldn't beat teams such as Werder Bremen and FC Bayern, but was more than capable of holding my own against most of the other teams in the league.

My second season in the German First Division was a surprise. A huge surprise! In my 17 home games, I drew one, lost one and won the rest (I scored the most amount of goals, but also conceded the third most)! My away form was less impressive, especially towards the end of the season, where I couldn't buy a win away from home. This shocking away form cost me the title, and I ended up a distant second.

I am 15 games into my third season in the German First Division, and it's not going well. It took me 3 games in the league before I even scored, and a further 4 games before I got my first win, a 5-4 home win against lowly Bochum.

Has anyone else experienced such a drastic loss of form when using this tactic? There are flashes of brilliance every now and again, but my team look clueless.

I have only lost one (albeit extremely key) player since my title-challenging team of last season, and have only signed 3 players, only one of which regularly plays in the first 11.

Is it a case of the AI sussing out my tactics and beating me at my own game? Or is it something else?

Originally posted by toylover:

Hi.this is my first post in here.

I would to thank you,kimz,for this great tactic!

I'm using it with Catania in Italian Serie A and i'm 9th right now at half season! Anyway i need some help from you,for the TC im using Diego Buonanotte on the right (15 assist and 5 goals),Del Bono (19 long shots) on the left,but he didn't score a lot (only 1 goal and 1 assist in 15 matches)and Piatti in the centre (3 goals,5 assist) and Stancu or Aaritalo as strikers but they didn't score a lot..i'm using 2.1v. I have some problems now 'cause i'm starting to losing or drawing most of the matches,it will probably be the AI,have u got any suggestion? what can i do to improve my team? anyway sorry for my bad english,im italian icon_smile.gif

try tweak it as i wrote at page 14 icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by RufftyMan:

don't forget sometimes a team takes a little while to adapt properly to a new formation. Granted you drew 5 out of the 8 games, but you only lost 1. For those 5 draws you may have dominated but players failed to take their chances

True, but the 2.1/2.2 tactics just got worse and worse with my team. I started using the 2.1-version with the v1 layout and that one did give me some acceptable results though. With some faster defenders next season it could start to look like something nice.

fast defenders are definately a bonus, as it means it would also allow you to, if needed, play a little higher up the pitch. But with the right players for the right positions it is a formation definately worth sticking with, as in my last 60(ish) league games i only lost 1 (with Liverpool)

Can someone clarify which version they use for home and away please?

I have been using 2.1 at home and 2.2 away. For 4 or 5 seasons it was working ok; my away form had always been worse than my home form, but I was still grinding out results.

Since February of my last season, my away form has gone completely out of the window! Every away game since then I get hammered by 4 or 5 goals and my players play 5 or 6 ratings.

I'm not sure why this is or what I'm doing differently. Your opinions would be most welcome.

Originally posted by cylenium:

Hey kimz you really should have got a copy right on that formation, I think we just saw Marco van Basten's holland destroy Italy 3-0 with it.

is Basten playing FM using my tactic? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by TheFuzzyOne:

Holland destroyed them with this formation.

How could you explain van Bronckhorst so far up and even scoring?(that was his 5th goal for the Netherlands)

Basten is cheating, using 'unrealistic' farrowz icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Brachers:

Kimz!! , im still using version 1 icon_biggrin.gif and its going fine with me, however in the last 10 mins of games or 20 mins, if i have a slick lead i would use the 4-3-2-1 defensive tactic which is perfect for holding off. I have never conceded using the defensive tactic. However i have one problem is that it is very rare i score in the second half of games icon_frown.gif and i was wondering why???

This is a beautiful tactic which im highly successful with. Thanks icon14.gif

maybe your half time team talk.

or try tweak it after half time, tweak the Def Line, tempo and width ,depending on your opp tactic

Originally posted by ljd150:

This tactic is a great tactic.. don't get me wrong... i used it with everton and had top 4 finishes in the first 3 seasons with a runners up and some great cup runs!

HOWEVER... does anybody find that every now and then you get really annoyed with the final result!

a few times i played a top team and would have 18 shots on goal and 11 on target and score one and they have 7 shots on goal and 5 on target and win 5-1!! the post game comment as always in your favour!! it's so annoying!! I have read lots of posts on team talk and don't blame that!!!

the latest example of this is that i was Nigeria.

I played 10 won 10 in the world cup qualifiers! then in the african cup of nations in January i won: 2-0 2-0 5-0 in the group and then 6-1 in the quarters! the in the semis i lost 5-1 to the ivory coast!!! it was a shambles!! i was furious!!

The press report after the game said:

Nigeria slump to defeat,

despite proving the match of thier opponents for most of the game, nigeria succumbed to a heavy defeat at the hands of the ivory coast.

The only difference between the teams was the greater ability of the ivory coast players to ake their chances when they presented themselves!!

any idea how to stop these things happening??

they happen far to often in my opinion!!

i go into games with all the team on superb morale!!!

it is very frustating and i often feel like resigning after a game like this!!!

Please help!!!

i think a lot of people have found this regardless of which tactic they are using, especially when they are playing a top team...

on the other hand, it stands to reason that a "no tweak" tactic might be caught out by top teams due to its relative inflexibility

hi i'm using this formatio with juve which is ace. currently undeafeated in 19 league games with them won 13 drawn 6. the tactic is going well.

i have a few problems with it tho i'm not sure if its itialina football or not. these are:

1) most games are really tight usually 1-0/1-1/2-1 etc

2) i'm relying on the corner bug to much

3) i can't get my strikers to score

4) some games buffon goes crazy an decides to run out the box alot

i shudn't really complain as i'm winning but i dnt like winnig close tights games where ive only scored from the corner bug and my strikers have wasted chance after chance.

i'm using v2.1 with v1 layout where ive changed the right hand side to the v2 layout have been tryin to tweak the strikers player insturction i have trezeguet, laquinta and bojan. who shud score bags of goals.

My problems with this tactic and my away form must have been just a problem with my FC Carl Zeiss Jena team! I was forced out of my job with much accrimony and foul temper on my part.

I waited a few months and got a job at Cadiz. I used the same tactics that I used at Jena, and quickly went on a 5 match unbeaten run.

Once again Kimz, you are a soapy legend! Many thanks.

Originally posted by macsoz:

hi i'm using this formatio with juve which is ace. currently undeafeated in 19 league games with them won 13 drawn 6. the tactic is going well.

i have a few problems with it tho i'm not sure if its itialina football or not. these are:

1) most games are really tight usually 1-0/1-1/2-1 etc

2) i'm relying on the corner bug to much

3) i can't get my strikers to score

4) some games buffon goes crazy an decides to run out the box alot

i shudn't really complain as i'm winning but i dnt like winnig close tights games where ive only scored from the corner bug and my strikers have wasted chance after chance.

i'm using v2.1 with v1 layout where ive changed the right hand side to the v2 layout have been tryin to tweak the strikers player insturction i have trezeguet, laquinta and bojan. who shud score bags of goals.

sometimes it happen to me too, if you want a big result, you must tweak it every single game, before match and during match. but only tweak it if the default setting not work well, ie :

- when ai play 3 def, add 1/2 thicks wider from default

- when ai play very deep, reduce your tempo 1-4 from default

- when the pitch is very narrow, play little narrow

basically, create space for your 3 AMC and SC to shot

if you got a lot of chance and not score, check your team morale and team talk icon_wink.gif

ill give it ago its more the crazy buffon that is costing me games as i allways seem to be able to score at least once in a game. think i'm gona cash in on him an buy a new keeper although he is one of the reasons i went juve.

cheers

also i dnt like using the o.i for show onto foot i have seen far to many games where the winger has been forced to cut in side an they have scored or made a pass tht created a goal. its the reason i lost to fiorentina arg.

does morale and team talk effect strikers finishing abilty. i ussually allways talk to my strikers at have time either to tell them that i am dissapionted or have faith in them depends if they have a 7 or 6 for thier rating.

kimz tht advice was pretty spot on trez an laquinta startin scoring alot more but still not enough to deal wi buffons stupidy hes goin oot the door.

Cacia has scored 72 goals in 49 appearances so far for my Celtic team.

HOW???? tell me how u are getting him to score so many.

He finished the season on 103 goals from 59 appearances. The first two season he's been just above a goal per game average. I just sold him to Arsenal for 51 million pounds. I play with V2.1 and I never tweak and never use OI, I also try and keep the same team as often as possible so they form a strong understanding and morale.

Originally posted by lpx88:

This tactic works particularly well against Chelsea. Always managed to give them at least a 6-0 thrashing.

I know! On my Liverpool game I always hammer them and I looked at the past 4 and Torres has scored 17 in those games! He ended the season with 74 goals!

hey kimz

this tactic really isnt working for me. bear in mind i am hull city and dont have a very good team at all and are expected to finnish in the bottom 3. the results i am getting are not good i normally lose by about 3 or 4 goals ( i dont know how to do a screenshot )

i have used all of your tactics and none have worked in the league. in pre season however i did win 4 and 5nil each game, which makes me think it really is just my team which is so so poor.

the defence is old and slow and the attackers are ok but still not great.

do you think its just my team as i know this tactic has worked with loadsa other people ?

what instructions do u give him? my strikers miss soooooooo many chances, and nearly every game i lose ive outshot my opponents, but the shots on target are chronically bad.

ok see that big net thing...well get that round ball thing into the back of it using your head or feet any questions? icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Stewie's Left Peg:

what instructions do u give him? my strikers miss soooooooo many chances, and nearly every game i lose ive outshot my opponents, but the shots on target are chronically bad.

You might want to check the long shots settings. If I find that I'm wasting chances, I set them to "rarely" for all my players except for the 2, 3 that are outstanding with long shots. This seems to reduce the number of poor shots (they now only shoot from distace when they've got a good chance to score) and increase the number of good chances. Oddly enough, the number of goals from distance also increases, probably because the players tend to keep on passing the ball which often creates good space for someone to shoot from distance.

Originally posted by xmikejsx:

do you think its just my team as i know this tactic has worked with loadsa other people ?

I was disappointed with this tactic as well but I stuck with it. It took a year to kick in for my Feyenoord team, but moments ago I demolished PSV 7-1 and Ajax 8-0.

You will need a good keeper and 2 DC's though. They need to be fast and have good positioning skills, as the main threat are balls played behind your defence.

Originally posted by Kalouless:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stewie's Left Peg:

You might want to check the long shots settings. If I find that I'm wasting chances, I set them to "rarely" for all my players except for the 2, 3 that are outstanding with long shots. This seems to reduce the number of poor shots (they now only shoot from distace when they've got a good chance to score) and increase the number of good chances. Oddly enough, the number of goals from distance also increases, probably because the players tend to keep on passing the ball which often creates good space for someone to shoot from distance.

Originally posted by xmikejsx:

I was disappointed with this tactic as well but I stuck with it. It took a year to kick in for my Feyenoord team, but moments ago I demolished PSV 7-1 and Ajax 8-0.

You will need a good keeper and 2 DC's though. They need to be fast and have good positioning skills, as the main threat are balls played behind your defence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers mate i will have to invest in some better players.

will report back later and let ya know!

Mate, this tactic is ****BEST****!!

I can't believe how well it's working.. I've achieved 3 straight promotions with Blyth Spartans... spending a ghastly... 14000 pounds on the way.

Hats off to you mate, I'm actually enjoying the game again after so long.

Originally posted by otokap:

hi kimz,

I generally do not write on forums. but your tactic is special i think. (especially the first version) your tactic is perfect. look at these..

thanks anyway

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2912/homemodip1.jpg

ligmodhv9.jpg

squadmodnd6.jpg

Otokap, which version you using, any tweaks you use at all, any oi's. Thats a fantastic result with arsenal!

Just finished my 4th season with Man City - won Charity Shield (against Arsenal), League Cup, FA Cup, European Super Cup, Club World Championship, and Champions league. Also, managing brazil, just won the Copa America. What an incredible tactic this is!

Archived