kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

great tactic, only concern is my DM's getting low ratings consistently. i've tried using DM's, MC's, and AM's there and it's rare that i get an average of over 7 a game. do they typically just rate low or am i looking for the wrong type of player?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think im gunna give up on fm 08, i simply cannot win, i have played as 5 different teams (chelsea, got fired within 5 weeks of using kimz tactics. qpr, got fired within 5 weeks using kimz tactic. nigeiria, quit withing 4 weeks using my own tactics, tottenham, fired in 5 weeks using kimza tactics, and finally i thought i could win with barcelona but i thought wrong lost the first 6 games using kimz tactic.

every game i lose i win around once every 4-5 games and i get hammered every game even by lower teams...

Originally posted by chelsea_blues8:

i think im gunna give up on fm 08, i simply cannot win, i have played as 5 different teams (chelsea, got fired within 5 weeks of using kimz tactics. qpr, got fired within 5 weeks using kimz tactic. nigeiria, quit withing 4 weeks using my own tactics, tottenham, fired in 5 weeks using kimza tactics, and finally i thought i could win with barcelona but i thought wrong lost the first 6 games using kimz tactic.

every game i lose i win around once every 4-5 games and i get hammered every game even by lower teams...

i think you're doing something wrong with teamtalks. examine wolfgang's thread.

The key to this tactic is to have EVERY squad player with a pace above 15,ideally at 17 and above and you will basically outpace the opposition.Especially in the attacking parts of the pitch,bringing 3 attacking subs on near the end with pace of 15 + is a killer for the computer team.

I also use a tactic i made for myself to kill games off along with this,it sometimes conceeds,but gets me vital points too,been in the champions league last 3 seasons with stoke finishing 4th/3rd/2nd within only or 2 points missing out on the league.

Sometimes when 2-0 up,etc I throw my tactic to kill the game into use,and also even 1-0,somtimes it will end 1-1 but overall gets me a lot more points.

Chelsea

You can start with a reputation of a Sunday League footballer, in which case probably no player will listen to your new crazy tactic, or International Footballer, default is random.

Originally posted by kimz:

after reading your feedback and tweaking some areas for v2, finnally these are all of my tactics so far :

Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v1.tac or Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v1.tac the original ver 1

Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v2.tac or Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v2.tac the original ver 2

Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v2.1.tac or Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v2.1.tac NEW!!! ver 2.1 for home or againts weak team

and...

Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v2.2.tac or Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v2.tac NEW!!! ver 2.2 for away or againts strong team or 4-2-4 formation

what are the different original v2 with v2.1 and v2.2 ?

i tweak defence area of v2 tactic and save it to v2.1 and v2.2

v2.1 and v2.2 are same, the difference is v2.1 Defemsive Line = 10 And v2.2 = 14

for tips :

team talk is very...very...very important.

if your player make alot shots from quality chance and not score... its your team talk sometimes.

or ai scores easily......its your team talk too sometimes

or your defender so lazy.......

read "Wolfsong's guide to team talks - Fm08", but 8.0.2 patch slightly difference with previous patch, some point not work in 8.0.2 patch.... IMO

OI

- DML/ML/AML : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15- (<= 17), show on foot right foot

- DMR/MR/AMR : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15-, show on foot left foot

- DM/MC/AMC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15-

- FL/FR/SC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 17-

- injured player : tackling hard

Players

- GK : buy an excellent GK if possible, these tactics is an attacking formation, defending is the most difficult job

- All Defender (DL/DR/DC): use fast (15+ pace and acc) and high workrate (15+), and other excelent defending attribute if possible. i use strong DL/DR rather than skillfull DL/DR

- DMC pos : use good defending one, i put good defending player rather than good crossing player

- use AMC on 3AMC pos, dont use FC or winger.....they wont work well. retrain them

- Left AMC : high finishing, long shot, flair, decision, technique

- center AMC : put very creative player with high passing, technique, decision, flair

- SC : on v2.1 and v2.2 my striker score alot more then my left AMC, any striker (tall or fast) with good attribute will work well. ppm recomended : places shots, gets into opp area, curls ball

Others

- change your DR/DL if their stamina 80%-

- change OI immediately when the ai change their player or formation

feedback is needed... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by chelsea_blues8:

are you using 8.02 patch?

Originally posted by Navie:

Kimz can you please update you first post with all the versions and stuff that I need to get started or give me help? I'll be playing as Man Utd using 8.02 patch.

complete tactic : page 19 or 16

players : 19

tweaking & OI : 14

team talk : 12

can we update first post?

Originally posted by David Hirst:

Has anybody else noticed this tactic is far more effective away from home than it is at home? Or is it just me?

sometimes it is, coz when you go on road, ai play more attacking

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

Kimz can you please update you first post with all the versions and stuff that I need to get started or give me help? I'll be playing as Man Utd using 8.02 patch.

can we update first post? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woohoo...thanks Kimz, is Kimz your real name? Hope this is good for patch 8.02, i'll be playing as Man Utd so hopefully it will be a fun tactic because Man Utd are a top team with good players.

Btw...what does OI mean?

Says 'Tweaking & OI' above

One more thing...Kimz which tactic should I use if i'm playing as Man Utd and using patch 8.02 with January transfer update? Also which player instruction set should I use for the tactic you have reccommended? Thanks again.

Excellent tactic kimz icon_wink.gif

I have Chelsea, I haven't lost yet, and I also score a lot of goals,

Community Shield: Chelsea-Man United 4-2

Premiership: Chelsea-Arsenal 5-2

Liverpool-Chelsea 0-2

Man City-Chelsea 1-4

Chelsea-Birmingham 7-0

League Cup: Liverpool-Chelsea 0-3 icon_cool.gif

Champions League: Chelsea-Ajax 4-0,Ajax Chelsea 2-3(I was losing 2-0)

Chelsea-AEK 6-1

The best tactic I have ever used. icon_wink.gif Can I make a review of this tactic at fmgreece.gr?

Congratulations. Best tactic ever icon14.gif

It really makes me laugh when i read on this forum that people are having trouble with this tactic especilly with the big teams,

this is the best tactic i have ever used in any of the Fm or Cm games it's just so easy,

KIMZ i think i speak for everyone who has used this tactic that thanks so much for sharing this with us all because it is just tactical genius,

just in case people are wondering i use VERSION 2.1 at home with no oi VERSION 2.2 with no oi away you really can't fall off with it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navie:

can we update first post? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woohoo...thanks Kimz, is Kimz your real name? Hope this is good for patch 8.02, i'll be playing as Man Utd so hopefully it will be a fun tactic because Man Utd are a top team with good players.

Btw...what does OI mean?

Says 'Tweaking & OI' above </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OI = Opposition Instructions

I'm trying to adapt this tactic to try with the 360, I've got the formation details, but I can't find some things like Mentality, Width Defensive line.....

You know, all that stuff. Anyone break that down for me. A screenshot would be alright too.

Also the lines for the players runs too.

Come to think of it, I really don't have much to go on except the formation!!! icon_smile.gif

I've tried this tactic numerous times but it's just not good enough for my team. I concede way too easily. I just played West Brom, they had 4 shots and scored 2, I had 18 and scored 2 also but had to come from 2-0 down. Obviously not for me.

I need some basic help from people who are using this tactics please.

Ok i'm using version 2.0 playing on 8.02 patch as Man Utd, it works excellent but only one problem...sometimes weaker teams have lots of shots at goal against me even though they don't score i'm worried in that in the Champions League bigger teams only need a couple of chances, why don't my defence play good?

Well this tactic does seem to make your defenders act stupid. Idiotic back passes cost me a few goals already. Why the hell would a defender pass to a keeper when there is a striker in between them, who WILL take that ball and score!?

Or maybe it's not the tactic's fault at all.

Bloody hell...need permission to EDIT posts.

RE-POST...

One more thing...i'm finding it difficult to adapt my Man Utd team into this formation and also what are 2.1 and 2.2 for? They are the same as 2.0 except the defensive line.

I haven't really seen this idiotic behaviour from my defenders at Darlington or FC Carl Zeiss Jena.

Was kicking arse with Darlington using Kimzs tactic until a catastrophically bad run of form which resulted in me dropping from 3rd to 9th and getting the sack. Was literally incandescent with rage.

After I somehow blagged the job at FC Carl Zeiss Jena in the German Second Division, it took about 20 games for them to gel with Kimzs tactic and I just hammered my fierce rival Dresden 6-0.

I gave it another go, this time with West Ham. First 5 games were as follows:

A West Brom 2 - 2 West Ham (again!)

A Tottenham 1 - 1 West Ham (they had 10 men for an hour)

H West Ham 2 - 1 Aston Villa (they are bottom after 5 games. No wins, scored 2, their first came in this game)

H West Ham 3 - 4 Chelsea (Took lead, then Drogba scored 4 before I got my second)

A Fulham 0 - 0 West Ham

I just can't get this tactic firing.

Originally posted by bigwills88:

H West Ham 2 - 1 Aston Villa (they are bottom after 5 games. No wins, scored 2, their first came in this game)

H West Ham 3 - 4 Chelsea (Took lead, then Drogba scored 4 before I got my second)

A Fulham 0 - 0 West Ham

I think this tactic works only with top teams in their League, so if you get promoted from Championship and won that using Kimz tactics, it won't work when your battling for relegation, thats what I think because the defence of this tactic isn't good as the attack.

Does anyone know what this means? Do you use this only when you use version 2.1? This is really still confusing, there are many instructions and now i'm mixed up which ones to use with which version.

using v2.1 with this setting :

OI

- DL/DML/ML/AML : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 10- (<= 10), show on foot right foot

- DR/DMR/MR/AMR : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 10-, show on foot left foot

- DM/MC/AMC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 10-

- FL/FR/SC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 10-

TWEAKING

- I change the team setting on every match randomly (1=most left node, 20=most right, 11=default):

Tempo : 4 - 7 , high tempo vs good team, slow tempo vs weak team

Width : 13 - 14 , start game = 14, when ai playing narrow after 20+ game = 13

Defensive Line : 10 - 14,

- use 10/11 DL if your defender is slow,

- if you have fast def : higher DL when opp attacking

the main point is change these setting constantly on every match, so the ai will confuse and cant break this tactic on long run

- when securing win on minute 80, change your formation to (i change to this formation from v2.1) :

FC

| |

MC MC

DM DM DM

DL DC DC DR

I've used V2 no tweaking or OIs for both Reading and Sunderland, not top teams, and finished 6th with both. Do not expect to win League but should do better than expected.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bigwills88:

A Fulham 0 - 0 West Ham

I think this tactic works only with top teams in their League, so if you get promoted from Championship and won that using Kimz tactics, it won't work when your battling for relegation, thats what I think because the defence of this tactic isn't good as the attack. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WRONG..............I took Leyton Orient form Coca Cola League 2 (prediction 17th) and got promoted all the way upto the premiership which i am currently sitting a pretty 9th after 27 games, and in every season, bar the first one i was predicted to finish dead last so it DEFINETLY ISNT this tactic........Its like a tradesman blaming his tools for some shoddy workmanship.

I suggest, take your time and read ceetain pages that have been mentioned (12,14,16 &19 i think) and it gives you all the information needed about tweaking etc.

If this tactic can bring Leyton Orient to the premiership with their facilities and cash injection then i am sure any side is manageable with this tactic.......PURE GENIUS.

Originally posted by lil ole me:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bigwills88:

A Fulham 0 - 0 West Ham

I think this tactic works only with top teams in their League, so if you get promoted from Championship and won that using Kimz tactics, it won't work when your battling for relegation, thats what I think because the defence of this tactic isn't good as the attack. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WRONG..............I took Leyton Orient form Coca Cola League 2 (prediction 17th) and got promoted all the way upto the premiership which i am currently sitting a pretty 9th after 27 games, and in every season, bar the first one i was predicted to finish dead last so it DEFINETLY ISNT this tactic........Its like a tradesman blaming his tools for some shoddy workmanship.

I suggest, take your time and read ceetain pages that have been mentioned (12,14,16 &19 i think) and it gives you all the information needed about tweaking etc.

If this tactic can bring Leyton Orient to the premiership with their facilities and cash injection then i am sure any side is manageable with this tactic.......PURE GENIUS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I've read his posts, and if you notice I don't post in the tactics forum very much at all so I'm comfortable using my own and experimenting with my own ideas. These tactics just don't work for my squad. I didn't insult his tactic, so don't insult my workmanship, so to speak.

This tactic is incredible - just did the treble with Man City in my 3rd season. Won the community shield against Arsenal, won the FA cup against Liverpool, won the premiership by 15 points with a goal difference of +86, and won the Champions league 4-1 against Inter. Congratulations. Absolutely incredible tactic.

Hi kimz!

Left AMC : high finishing, long shot, flair, decision, technique

Just a short Question, i compared the settings of the left AMC with the right AMC but i don't see the difference...the settings are the same in v2.1?

another question related to your experience on players and positions.

i was luckily able to sign moutinho and matias fernandes for my Dortmund squad in the 3rd season. I put moutinho as central AMC...and now i wonder where to put fernandes best...since i saw in your milan screenshot you got him to..i wonder where you put him? righ,left or central AMC?

thx in advance.

Does anyone know if I should just stick to using ONLY version 2.0 or do I use version 2.1 and 2.2 aswell?

This are the OI I use:

OI

- DML/ML/AML : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15- (<= 17), show on foot right foot

- DMR/MR/AMR : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15-, show on foot left foot

- DM/MC/AMC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15-

- FL/FR/SC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 17-

Also is there a way to stop conceeding too many opposition goals/shots?

Archived