kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Riziger:

v2.2 seems too frail defensively for my team after playing against Aston Villa with all the tactics with my Blackburn side.

I played them about 6 times and lost all. losing 5 of them 4-1 and the last one 3-1.

V2.1 was rather stable but they scored some lucky goals and my strikers missed 1v1s.

Los Sam's one was the most stable but lacking attacking-wise and i got punished in the last 10 mins where they scored 2.

I'll stick with this and see how it goes.

v2.1 is for home game or away game vs lower teams

use v2.2 on away games vs attacking style teams with winger that better or even with yours

in other words, use v2.2 only when you using v2.1 tactics the ai create alot of chance from winger.... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riziger:

v2.2 seems too frail defensively for my team after playing against Aston Villa with all the tactics with my Blackburn side.

I played them about 6 times and lost all. losing 5 of them 4-1 and the last one 3-1.

V2.1 was rather stable but they scored some lucky goals and my strikers missed 1v1s.

Los Sam's one was the most stable but lacking attacking-wise and i got punished in the last 10 mins where they scored 2.

use v2.2 on away games vs attacking style teams with winger that better or even with yours

in other words, use v2.2 only when you using v2.1 tactics the ai create alot of chance from winger.... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

forgot to mention.... use v2.2 only when you have fast defenders...

Just thought I'd report back on my first two seasons with Man City using V1 (still my favourite)

Season 1:

Finished 3rd in Premiership

Won League Cup

Chalked up 27-game unbeaten run

Season 2:

Won the Premiership

Won Champions League (3-0 vs Barcelona in the final)

Other notable scalps in my Champions League run were AC Milan 10-5 agg. and Inter 10-4 agg.

I would have to say... this tactic works icon_smile.gif

The one thing I have found is that I do have to watch really closely when setting up OI. If someone scores against me late in the game, 9 times out of 10 I missed a substitution and its the sub who I haven't set up OI for that's scored.

My general rule is:

DMC - no OI

MC - always close, weaker foot

MR - always close, left foot

ML - always close, right foot

AMC - tight mark, always close, weaker foot

AMR - tight mark, always close, left foot

AML - tight mark, always close, right foot

FC - tight mark, always close, weaker foot

Another thing I've noticed is that the AI will very often switch players around between positions, so its worth checking regularly whether someone has moved from MR to MC for example and change their OI accordingly.

I'm suprised, Curuedhel. Don't you concede a lot of goals against the top sides when you use Closing Down on all the top players in the AMC, Striker role?

I personally just use Tight Marking from MC up to the Striker and the occasional Use Weaker foot against someone like Messi.

Actually, quite the reverse. I find that if I tight mark too many players, I don't create as many chances and don't concede fewer goals.

I tend to find that the way the tactics cause the players to distribute around the pitch means that there are almost always two or more players closing down whoever has the ball, which tends to make it difficult for the player being closed down to find a quick, safe pass away.

You would think that this would mean leaving big gaps elsewhere, but for some reason it tends not to. Go figure.

I can't explain entirely how it works, just my personal observations.

I can sometimes find that some players tend to tire quite quickly with all the closing down, but I tend to rotate players enough that I don't have too many problems with it.

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riziger:

in other words, use v2.2 only when you using v2.1 tactics the ai create alot of chance from winger.... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

forgot to mention.... use v2.2 only when you have fast defenders... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, figures. My full-backs are pretty fast but my centre-backs are snails.

I find that when i use the 2.2 away against teams with fast wingers, they counter-attack down the wing with a through-ball.

My full-backs are in the midfield position so the wings are left open, they then cross and sooner or later the ball is scrambled into the goal.

Which is why I'm sticking to the 2.1 tactic and maybe using Los Sams's for away games.

Its pretty rare you find a great defender whose fast as well. My fullbacks have decent pace, around 14/15 but my centre backs are around 11/12. I might switch back to 2.1 from now on for most away games.

I've took the default setting for the Defensive line from 14 to 9 to help my cause.

OK. This is officially, from me, the best tactic I have ever used in my whole life. I have not lost a game yet with my Liverpool game after 26 games. I have not drew a game. I have won all of them! Well done on this. I really do not know how you do it!

Originally posted by crido:

OK. This is officially, from me, the best tactic I have ever used in my whole life. I have not lost a game yet with my Liverpool game after 26 games. I have not drew a game. I have won all of them! Well done on this. I really do not know how you do it!

with what version?

have you world class player like fabregas, ibra, c.ronaldo,& co ??

Originally posted by crido:

Wow, I guess the tactic does wonders for world-class teams then. The tactic works well for me at home when everything clicks.

But away and when the opponent score first I usually draw at best, letting in 2 or 3 goals.

I'm Blackburn btw, and I don't have proper AMCs so that could be why.

Originally posted by medley:

Anyone know why the middle AMC doesn't score many goals? My left and right AMC's score loads and get all the credit but my middle one only seems to get about 4-5 in total a season. Anyone else notice this?

The middle AMC would need good long shooting stats, but also he moves back to MC. That's why players like Essien, Fabregas and Gerrard play so good with this role. They can control the game and move from AMC to MC time to time. Box to box midfielders.

Originally posted by moj:

The middle AMC would need good long shooting stats, but also he moves back to MC. That's why players like Essien, Fabregas and Gerrard play so good with this role. They can control the game and move from AMC to MC time to time. Box to box midfielders.

With that in mind, would you consider using a top level MC rather than a AMC in that role then? Ideally I'd want to have someone who could play in both roles but that's pretty rare with regens (im in 2015 now). My current player is called Carlos Saez and has 17 for long shots but he cannot play in the MC role.

Originally posted by medley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moj:

With that in mind, would you consider using a top level MC rather than a AMC in that role then? Ideally I'd want to have someone who could play in both roles but that's pretty rare with regens (im in 2015 now). My current player is called Carlos Saez and has 17 for long shots but he cannot play in the MC role. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use Moutinho in that role and he performs class with Silva and Kaka or Fernandez on either side. I usually get a natural MC and retrain him at ACM so he can play both it's also good if he can tackle ok and has good positioning and strength as he is the center of the whole formation. I use V1 by the way

Alright, this tactic is getting very very random for me now. I could win a game 2-0, play the same game and end up losing 4-1.

Seems that the opposing keeper is always better than mine for some reason even if i bombard them.

Out of all the tactics posted in this thread, which is the most defensively stable one? I don't mind scoring fewer goals.

Is V1 more defensive than v2?

Also Kimz, what tweaks can I make to reduce my goals against, even if it means i score less?

Just realised that my middle AMC, Carlos Saez is already Natural in the MC position and Accomplished in the AMC role. Hes got 17 long shots, finishing 20, passing 19, strength 15, positioning 13. Seems pretty good to get the right amount of goals. In 32(8 sub) games he got 8 Goals, and 5 assists whilst my 2 wingers combined got about 40 ish. Weird :/

Anyone had sustained success with this tactic for lower league teams?

I'm trying to use 2.1 and 2.2 with Plymouth at the moment in 2010. Great at home, poor away, conceeding between 3-6 goals a game.

Tried it with my Czech Rep team too, went a goal up against France at home, Mexes then got sent off, strangely I didn't create that much after that and ended up conceeding a late equaliser from a winger getting behind my full back and curling into the top corner.

Also, does anyone change the individual player instructions for their players? Eg, forward runs lowered if poor OTB or dribbling lowered if poor dribbling stats?

Is the GK also meant to be on Forward runs?! Didn't notice this til Makalambay came charging out his box to offer help to a defender!

Yes it does wonders for big teams. I have beaten United 5-2. Torres has scored 39 goals in 31 games and has just won world player of the year. This is what team I play with it. I spent most of my money on youngsters but I am trying to buy Daniel Alves.

GK - Reina

RB - Finnan

LB - Riise

CB - Sakho

CB - Carra/Skrtel

DM - Sunny

DM - Lucas

AMC (left side)- Babel

AMC (center) - Gerrard

AMC (right side) - Defour/Alex

ST - Torres

I have in my reserves and u18s:

Saivet

Nsue

Aquino

Aaron

Assulin

Bruna

Dalla Valle

Thiago

Carlos Saez

Mathieu Saunier

Fleck

Wijnaldum (played quite a few for 1st team, amazing for 16yrs)

Barkroth

I am also getting in the summer

Lucas Trecarichi

Lulinha

Baxter.

I can't wait to see what this tactic will be like with these hot prospects! Well done again Kimz!

eltjon: I use 8.0.2 and in the above post I have got quite a few world class players.

Riziger: My team are fantastic at home as well. We have beat West Ham 3-0, Portsmouth 4-0, Tottenham 6-0 and Accrington Stanley 6-1. Away we are still good but not the same as at home. I will post some screenies to show I am not lying!

Managed to get my Plymouth team, predicted 20th, to second behind a recentley relegated Charlton side who are unbeaten.

I find that v2 is working best for them at the moment.

Earnshaw is rated as a leading star for any Championship team and he has 13 goals in 10 starts.

My team starting to perform much better now. At home especially, trashing teams lower than me.

I'm using v2 with some minor tweaks, but the one i find most useful is use barrows on your CBs. And of course, zonal marking.

Cemented 6th place with my blackburn side, level on points with 5th place Chelsea with 5 games to go.

Originally posted by knap:

Spent 11 seasons battling with Arsenal, probably ended up 50/50, they are just a good side with very good young players and they bought Rooney about 3rd season.

Just finished 1st season with Arsenal and won PL with 99pts 119 for 28 against using modified V2.

Also played a season with Reading finished 6th.

What modifications do you do to the V2 apart from changing the defence to zonal and putting the defence CD to top of own area?

My team can't seem to hang on for wins, especially away from home.

yea, i could see that v2.2 would work with quality teams, but other than the top teams I would say v2.2 would be difficult because weaker teams would always be exposed by the AI's counter-attack.

Riziger

I took all marking off including any in Midfield and team cf at top of little, otherwise settings should be same.

Playing Swansea at moment 2nd - P 26 W12 D14 L0 F63 A30, so have same issue probably due to playing a weak LFB. Only spent 80k of transfer kitty, so can rectify this aspect.

Guest Alvios73
Originally posted by Riziger:

yea, i could see that v2.2 would work with quality teams, but other than the top teams I would say v2.2 would be difficult because weaker teams would always be exposed by the AI's counter-attack.

Excuse me where i can find version 2.2?

Thx

Originally posted by Alvios73:

Excuse me where i can find version 2.2?

Thx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Page 11.

Knap: All marking off as in all marking zonal?

You kept all the tight marking right?

Finally got my Plymouth team, season 4, predicted 20th into the Prem!!!

Was second most of the season behind Charlton, Pardew left and Ince came in and ruined them. Got pipped for the title by one point 2nd last game of the season, then couldn't make it up on the last game.

Great tactic, a joy to watch at times with the interplay between the AMC's.

I did have a few hammerings from opponents, always away and usually in the first half, was 5-1 down to Preston in one game! Came back to 5-4.

Heading into the Prem I don't know what to expect of the tactic, all the staff will be upgraded as will the players so settling in time will be a factor. I'm going to try the above tips about taking off tight marking on all the players and playing with offside trap to see if that works.

Well done knap for your work with Swansea. How did you do in the cups? I went out to Prem opponents in both cups in the first round I played.

Lost 5-2 to ManC Richards Hat Trick from Corners!

Odd how you get a top team then Board gets upset all season, still always go with win league to get the money upfront from them.

I must admit, I took one look at the farrows and dismissed this as a tactic to use, but a holiday season identified its potential and watching the game, it is as you say a joy to watch.

With Spurs Richards would play a one two with Banega and then go on and crash one into net.

This tactic worked beautifully in the Championship for me. Got Palace promoted through the playoffs.

However now i'm in the Premier League against much tougher opposite I'm struggling with it. Won 2 out of 10, Lost 7 and drawn 1. Have used some of knaps changes in the hope this might help but to no avail.

Team are still playing well even after big losses most players are showing a 7 apart from the two DMs who constantly show 6s however I play.

The switch to zonal seemed to tighten my defence up a little, although when I moved the creative freedom bar up I reckon the passing wasn't so crisp in the opponents third of the field and I was losing the ball much more often than usual so may change this back.

Anyone got any advice to aid my relegation battle?

Archived