kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

I've used V2 with Spurs since season 3. In that season goals for 80 against 38.

In 2016/17 For 137 against 32

No tightmarking or OIs have been used at anytime for consecutive titles since season 3. Moniz for team talks.

I no longer adjust for 424 and if a man is sent off,I remove the AMC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a little note for anyone playing against the top 4 sides in your league. Kimz suggests for the team talk to press 'Wish Luck' but I find i get a better response from my team when I do "the pressure is off". Lead twice away from home against Valencia and Barcelona with 2 last minute goals in each game (Villarreal). icon_frown.gif

It may differ from team to team but thats what I've found anyway. :p

Originally posted by knap:

I've used V2 with Spurs since season 3. In that season goals for 80 against 38.

In 2016/17 For 137 against 32

No tightmarking or OIs have been used at anytime for consecutive titles since season 3. Moniz for team talks.

I no longer adjust for 424 and if a man is sent off,I remove the AMC.

Fantastic Results, hope my spurs team can reach those heights!

Guest coops78

Hey,been using various tactics of yours mate with good sucess!won lots with lfc and managing spurs and man city now.1st season with city came 4th and farfan as lone striker scored 40 goals in 33 prem starts and 3 subs!not surehow to post screenshot

I need serious help. I'm playing with Arsenal using V2 and it's just so infuriating. The defense leaks goals like swiss cheese and offense struggles to score. I'm using the OIs, trying different defensive line settings, using teams talks from Wolfsong's guide and kimz suggestions, and the team just looks lethargic. I just had to make two come backs in a row at home against Man City and Newcastle. I was heavily favored in both. I just don't understand what the hell is wrong.

Another match at home, this time vs Middlesbrough. Another infuriating experience. My three AMCs and striker finished the match with rating of 6 (overall six players finished the match with a 6). Scored only two goals and both from corners. On top of that, Middlesbrough had two players sent off in first half so they played with 2 less men for half the match and my team couldn't score a single goal from open play.

I'd appreciate any help on this as I really have no idea what else to do aside from all the tweaks and suggestions that have already been mentioned in this thread.

i had some hope when i tested this tactic with my realy shity team. but atm NOTHING works with leeds it seems. this is the worst season ever in my entire FM/CM career and what ever i do nothing works.

in my third season i got promoted to premier division, i did know it gonna get hard since i got bad players, but the kimz v1 tactic have done wonders with my team until this season.

i just loose ans loose. i tested the v2.2 but now i have like 7 straight losses icon_frown.gif

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/914/leeds1wy5.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7550/leeds2fr1.jpg

the morale is crap in my team since i prolly gonna be relegated. but has anyone got this tactic to work when it goes this bad?

or is my team just that bad icon_frown.gif

i blame my chairman that gived away my striker before the season icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

Another match at home, this time vs Middlesbrough. Another infuriating experience. My three AMCs and striker finished the match with rating of 6 (overall six players finished the match with a 6). Scored only two goals and both from corners. On top of that, Middlesbrough had two players sent off in first half so they played with 2 less men for half the match and my team couldn't score a single goal from open play.

I'd appreciate any help on this as I really have no idea what else to do aside from all the tweaks and suggestions that have already been mentioned in this thread.

Captain is very... very important

who is your captain ?

wrong captain will ruin your performance....IMO

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

who is your captain ?

wrong captain will ruin your performance....IMO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

William Gallas is my captain, followed by Kolo Toure. Does this really have such a dramatic effect on performances?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

who is your captain ?

William Gallas is my captain, followed by Kolo Toure. Does this really have such a dramatic effect on performances? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes IMO, at my spurs game, when my captain and vice captain is injured,

i pick berbatov as my captain and my team performance was awful

but when i try woodgate as my captain, my team show different performance

i tested it on same game, same player, same team talk....

when you put one player as captain and there is another player that better (as captain) than him,

your team performance will be affected IMO

i think it happen since CM time.

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kimz:

who is your captain ?

William Gallas is my captain, followed by Kolo Toure. Does this really have such a dramatic effect on performances? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes IMO, at my spurs game, when my captain and vice captain is injured,

i pick berbatov as my captain and my team performance was awful

but when i try woodgate as my captain, my team show different performance

i tested it on same game, same player, same team talk....

when you put one player as captain and there is another player that better (as captain) than him,

your team performance will be affected IMO

i think it happen since CM time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have honestly never noticed that having an exactly correct captain to have such a huge effect on team's play and I've been playing since CM 00/01.

I picked Gallas because he has high influence, high decision making and determination. Seems like a good candidate for captaincy. Besides, my team still played like crap whether he was on or off the field, so I don't think it's that.

Sorry for the double post, but I just checked out Berbatov and Woodgate, and Woodgate would be the better captain from the looks of it. His higher influence stat is obvious.

yeah...when i let the ai pick automatically, it pick berbatov icon_confused.gif

Berbs is liked by most players, Woody is new at start.

I've tried to keep all Spurs players as long as possible and only changed when they were released. Now Guilherme Captain and Sakho vice. Woody has only been a backup to Samba and King and when Samba disliked Sakho, Samba was released and Breno bought.

Although I rotate players, I seldom change CB pairing.

Well, 7th championship in row for my spurs team. £rd using this tactic. I didnt score quite so many goals this season, but I still topped 100 and for the first time ever went undefeated in the league.

I also won Super cup, charity shield, world club and am in the ECC final for 3rd year in a row.

Originally posted by Faunus:

I'm using this tactic and I'm scoring loads but conceding a hatful. I'll concede 4 but score 5 - I'd like to score 5 and concede 0.

It's really hard to be solid defensively on 8.0.2 there's more goals , i'd say you'll score more than you used to but concede more than you used to, too.

Dirty Ace

Set up game as Arsenal have played MU and Chelski away and so far won 6 For 20 against 3 - No tweaking or marking, Rice team talks. I bought Matty,VDV,Guilherm and Neuer.

With Spurs 9th consecutive Title CS, LC,FA Cup, ECC.

Originally posted by medley:

Tackling hard and Showing onto weaker foot doesn't seem to have an effect for me when it comes to OI. I just use Tight marking. Am I the only one?

Nah, you're not the only one. On 8.0.2 i only use tight marking, i almost never use close down unless it's the keeper.

Originally posted by Aquaplex:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by medley:

Tackling hard and Showing onto weaker foot doesn't seem to have an effect for me when it comes to OI. I just use Tight marking. Am I the only one?

Nah, you're not the only one. On 8.0.2 i only use tight marking, i almost never use close down unless it's the keeper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. I was just recently taught a cruel lesson in CL by closing down and hard tackling too many players. From now on I'm using only tight marking too.

@ knap: I'm not really clear on what you're trying to say. Did you beat MU and Chelsea 6 times and lost 3 times? Can you re-write it a bit more clearer?

Update - Played 18 won 17 Drew 1 (0-0 with Derby away) For 53 against 9. All other matches won apart from 2-2 with Benfica away when down to 10 men.

The back 4 are set up Zonal only, but close down top of own area. No OIs are used.

I think "the pressure is off' is alright when you're not performing in the league but when you start picking up points then its best to use 'Wish Luck' away against top teams. Just did a couple of tests against Barcelona away from home.

3 games:

2 involving pressure is off: Loss 5-0, Loss 3-1

1 wish luck: Win 5-1!!

I think the score line was a bit mad down to the fact 3 people were sent off & I fiddled with the defensive line again (9 i think instead of 14).

suddenly my liverpool team don't seem to like scoring or winning anymore. Torres aint scored a goal in his last 9 games, whereas at the start of the season he had 9 in 6, so i'm having to try everything to get back to winning ways...

This really is one of the best tactics available. Had unmeasurable success with Tottenham and then Man United in the same game (won CL with Spurs, then hopped over to my beloved MU to win treble). Then decided to start a new game with Shenzhen in the Chinese league for a challenge, they are relegation battlers. Started out with an attacking 4-4-2, worked ok, but the football was so boring. During the midseason (summer) break, i arranged a few friendlies and gradually introduced this tactic, and had mixed results. Switched back to 4-4-2, but after getting creamed one time, i switched to this one again and slowly the team is getting used to it, now i play amazing football very similar to that of Arsenal. No wingers, all playmaking forwards with fluid short passing. I set my AML and AMR to swap with the striker, so it's an interchanging triangle up there. The AMC playmaker needs high passing and teamwork, as well as creativity and decisions if possible. It's a fantastic tactic, and closest to the Arsenal that i've ever seen (except the players actually shoot and score rather than trying to walk it in).

I've even tweaked a variation to use specifically when I'm winning by one goal and near the end, the AI goes 4-2-4. It is counterattacking without going too defensive, I'm still testing it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aquaplex:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by medley:

Nah, you're not the only one. On 8.0.2 i only use tight marking, i almost never use close down unless it's the keeper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. I was just recently taught a cruel lesson in CL by closing down and hard tackling too many players. From now on I'm using only tight marking too.

@ knap: I'm not really clear on what you're trying to say. Did you beat MU and Chelsea 6 times and lost 3 times? Can you re-write it a bit more clearer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even if you don't use hard tackling as much, I would always use it on any mid or forward player that has bravery of 10 or lower. It is almost always effective v. those players. Especially, when you are Home. Just my experience.

I just tried the tactic for the first time in League One and Premier League with Leeds. Results (8.0.2):

In Premier League seson 3, I had a team that had done quite poorly the first few games. After switching to Kimz (V1), I started winning just about everything (against Arsenal, Chelsea and ManU). Amazing!

Then I started up a new game with Leeds in League One. The results were not good. I lost quite big against equal opposition.

My conclusion about Kimz tactic:

It is by far the best tactics I have tried for higher leagues with good players. Thank you very much!

It is a mediocre tactic for lower leagues where player quality is not as high.

Is the poor lower league performance of this tactics well known, or am I just applying it in the wrong way?

Originally posted by skogmantore:

I just tried the tactic for the first time in League One and Premier League with Leeds. Results (8.0.2):

In Premier League seson 3, I had a team that had done quite poorly the first few games. After switching to Kimz (V1), I started winning just about everything (against Arsenal, Chelsea and ManU). Amazing!

Then I started up a new game with Leeds in League One. The results were not good. I lost quite big against equal opposition.

My conclusion about Kimz tactic:

It is by far the best tactics I have tried for higher leagues with good players. Thank you very much!

It is a mediocre tactic for lower leagues where player quality is not as high.

Is the poor lower league performance of this tactics well known, or am I just applying it in the wrong way?

My limited experience suggests that you are mostly right. But I think it is primarily b/c in lower leagues, you have a smaller margin for error b/c players are not skilled and/or fast enough. If your backline has one player that is not quick for L1, it is likely they will get smoked on a regular basis.

So, I think that the key players, meaning the players that really have to be good in a lower league, are the backline and keeper. I would add that if you do not have a good finishing poacher in the striker slot, you are going to suffer b/c you are not going to score!

Ex. Playing Hartlepool in L1, I could not score a goal with this tactic early on. I managed to get an excellent, fast finisher for 3 months. He scored 22 goals! Then, he left and I went back to struggling.

Just my experience. Hope it helps.

I've been doing some experiments with V1 of this tactic. What I've found is that the tactic does seem to perform pretty well for an entire season without almost any tweaking, however, after that first season you should look into tweaking it a bit more, especially things such as tempo, width, and defensive line. I rarely do any tweaking to the individual instructions though. Sometimes I do add a bit more creative freedom to certain players or make the lone striker do more forward runs but that's all as far as individual instructions go.

Also, doing these kind of tweaks I've resolved many defensive problems that V1 has. I don't allow nearly as many goals as I used to. In fact, so far I've allowed only 5 goals in my first 10 games in the third season while still scoring 32, this includes huge wins like 6-2 away vs Liverpool and 3-1 away vs Chelsea.

You also should use the scout reports which should give you an idea of how to set up the width, tempo, and defensive line of your team.

In terms of opposition instructions. I've found that tight marking is very good to use no matter who you're playing, however, don't use hard tackling or closing down much, especially not on very good players. You'll only do more harm to your own team if you do.

One other thing is that many teams seem to play with a single striker against me, so to combat that I've been telling my best CB to specifically man mark that striker, while the other CB is set on zonal marking. This is basically shuts down the striker most of the time.

i have been using kimz´s tactic- v2 and it is the best i have tried or created of my own.my team creates lots of chances and lots of players shoor at goal.

but my problem is back four.i concede too many goals.i have tried tweaking it a bit but didnt have much resault.in my sunderland game in first 30 games in league i conceded 59 goals(scored 69-2.best in league).my back four is pretty good: pineda-evans-gioda-nosworthy.i dont know what to do.i hate finishing my games with at least 2 goals in my net.

any suggestions?

When i'm 2-1 up at 70mins against a team better than me, should i play defensively or keep the tactic and hope to score again?

If yes defensively can u teach me how? icon_wink.gif (I'm using v1 btw.)

Originally posted by Kovin:

i have been using kimz´s tactic- v2 and it is the best i have tried or created of my own.my team creates lots of chances and lots of players shoor at goal.

but my problem is back four.i concede too many goals.i have tried tweaking it a bit but didnt have much resault.in my sunderland game in first 30 games in league i conceded 59 goals(scored 69-2.best in league).my back four is pretty good: pineda-evans-gioda-nosworthy.i dont know what to do.i hate finishing my games with at least 2 goals in my net.

any suggestions?

try v2.1

or

set all your defender to zonal marking

Originally posted by yq:

When i'm 2-1 up at 70mins against a team better than me, should i play defensively or keep the tactic and hope to score again?

If yes defensively can u teach me how? icon_wink.gif (I'm using v1 btw.)

i will keep the tactic until 80 mins

then

remove DL/DR farrows

marking zonal for all defender

time wasting 20

if you have good and fast defenders (15+ on pace and acceleration), set your defensive line to 14-15

sometimes it works........

hope it helps, and give your feedback with this setting icon_wink.gif

Just manage to play with a team same level as me i was 1-0 up and at 78mins i :

remove DL/DR farrows

time wasting 20

The chances they created was reduced so far but its only one game will update agn after a few more tries.

Unfortunately at 87mins they manage to score from a corner which i have been conceding all season long =(

Originally posted by yq:

Just manage to play with a team same level as me i was 1-0 up and at 78mins i :

remove DL/DR farrows

time wasting 20

The chances they created was reduced so far but its only one game will update agn after a few more tries.

Unfortunately at 87mins they manage to score from a corner which i have been conceding all season long =(

no matter what we do, they will score icon_mad.gif

it happened to me too, from corner, free kick, long throw, GK or defender mistakes.......i hate it

maybe its our team talk? ai cheats? bugs? icon_confused.gif

ok you need 3 good amc's with this tactic and watch the goals flow..... 3rd season with rangers won 4 games in a row 8 - 0 no world class players,no tweaking home or away,furman,adam,fleck as the amc's steven naismith up front 52 goals in 1 season

v2.2 seems too frail defensively for my team after playing against Aston Villa with all the tactics with my Blackburn side.

I played them about 6 times and lost all. losing 5 of them 4-1 and the last one 3-1.

V2.1 was rather stable but they scored some lucky goals and my strikers missed 1v1s.

Los Sam's one was the most stable but lacking attacking-wise and i got punished in the last 10 mins where they scored 2.

I'll stick with this and see how it goes.

hm.. been using V1 for 4 seasons now, but have been trouble beating arsenal consistantly... any1 with info on how u beat arsenal ? i use wolfsong team talk by the way.

I am newcastle

icon_frown.gif

Team:

------------Tevaz--------

Fernendez----Kenia---Guilherme

-----Veloso----De jong----

Emanuelson----Sakho----Gerson----Castro

---------Ustari---------

shouldnt be my players problem icon_frown.gif

Spent 11 seasons battling with Arsenal, probably ended up 50/50, they are just a good side with very good young players and they bought Rooney about 3rd season.

Just finished 1st season with Arsenal and won PL with 99pts 119 for 28 against using modified V2.

Also played a season with Reading finished 6th.

I've decided to stick with v2.1.

I don't know if it's the case for bigger teams but for my Blackburn side, most of the com's goals come from counter-attacks and crazy long range shots from outside the box.

Keeper or defender punts it up, opposing defender intercepts, plays a through ball to the striker or midfielder, bam, goal.

Archived