kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

Still having problems getting my strikers to do anything but miss umpteen chances a game. Defeat away to Valncia in the league and a draw at home to Madrid in last two games.

Both times I had the majority of the game and Henry et al conspired to miss chance after chance.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either an unlucky match Skeeter, or it is your team. I just owned Man Utd 4-0 at OT. Rooney and Ronaldo were barely able to touch the ball.

---

Does everyone leave the creative freedom of th players at 0 notches? I have players like Fabregas, Iniesta, Messi etc so I usually set theirs high, and Adebayors at the middle. Is it bes to leave it at little creative freedom?

Also, is anyne using a targetman and playmaker? I use Adebayor as TM and Fabregas as PM. Is it best to not use them?

Anyone?

So there are people who have adjusted the tactics? I figured that this tactic was so watertight that it didn't need any?

tee, I'm pretty certain it's my team, or my team tealks, or my opposition instructions or a combination of all above. It's crazy how home and away performances can be SO radically different. That's football I guess!

Originally posted by teeyougee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Watch the formation screen, when the other side switches their wingers around you'll have to change the show onto foot side otherwise you'll be counter productive.

I always show them onto their weakest foot. Is this not better? i.e. it wouldn't be wise to show Joe Cole onto his right foot when he plays on the left wing.

Does everyone leave the creative freedom of th players at 0 notches? I have players like Fabregas, Iniesta, Messi etc so I usually set theirs high, and Adebayors at the middle. Is it bes to leave it at little creative freedom?

Also, is anyne using a targetman and playmaker? I use Adebayor as TM and Fabregas as PM. Is it best to not use them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wondered about showing to weaker foot but maybe it's more important to show wingers inside rather than just choosing their weaker foot.

It seems to be working in as much as I dont concede from crosses.

The idea behind no CF is that players do exactly what you tell them.

In a tactic like this that is unusual in shape & opposition instructions so key I think it's better to leave them at 0.

My creative players such as Aimar, Bresciano & Karimi still get plenty of assists & set up the play well.

Originally posted by IMT:

Still winning loads with version 2, but defensively I have become ...WORSE...especially away from home (which I cannot win now, whereas I was amazing away with version 1) am going to try a few games home with version 2 and switching to version 1 away.

My defence all have good stats, and I have Enyeama in goal I think the poor clean sheet ratio and goals conceeded is more to do with patch 8.0.2 than who you have in goal to be honest.

Clean sheets are rare TBH but as long as I win I'm not too bothered.

Originally posted by paulinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teeyougee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Watch the formation screen, when the other side switches their wingers around you'll have to change the show onto foot side otherwise you'll be counter productive.

I always show them onto their weakest foot. Is this not better? i.e. it wouldn't be wise to show Joe Cole onto his right foot when he plays on the left wing.

Also, is anyne using a targetman and playmaker? I use Adebayor as TM and Fabregas as PM. Is it best to not use them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wondered about showing to weaker foot but maybe it's more important to show wingers inside rather than just choosing their weaker foot.

It seems to be working in as much as I dont concede from crosses.

The idea behind no CF is that players do exactly what you tell them.

In a tactic like this that is unusual in shape & opposition instructions so key I think it's better to leave them at 0.

My creative players such as Aimar, Bresciano & Karimi still get plenty of assists & set up the play well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But it's more dangerous to show wingers inside rather than down the wing if it's someone like J.Cole. In swinging crosses from the left if the guy is right footed can lead to a goal more easily.

Hmm, I understand what you mean, but when you're dealing with world-class players, isn't it better to leave them to play how they play best? I thought it'd be better to leave CF at 0 if it's a mid-table team or something.

Well Im going to stick to the way I play. This season I've played 17, scored 62, conceded 6. 16 wins, 1 draw.

I'm currently on a 68 match unbeaten run too.

Anyhow, thanks for the reply.

Today I've used the individual player instructions for this tactic and adapted to fit my very-much-preferred 4-4-2.

I never faired so well with the original 4-2-3-1 but my 4-4-2 has QPR playing like a dream so far.

I hope you don't mind my "Standing on your shoulders" because my own tactic building settles somewhere between absolute rubbish and "Sack him on the spot" pathetic.

My last two results with QPR:

QPR 1-1 Bolton

QPR 2-2 (Full Strength)Liverpool

As well as 5 consecutive victories against all sorts.

Again, I modified the team shape and adapted the instructions to fit a 4-4-2 as, like I've said, I just can't see past that formation and it's one I fully understand...

Thanks Kimz.

icon14.gif

Kimz, your tactic has given me a lot of additional things to consider on top of Zagallo's posts recently concerning how to refine a tactic - the biggest thing I have gotten from your tactic is the use of Creative Freedom.

Now, in saying that...I have started a Barca game and:

1. I can assure players that despite the lack of CF you will see a lot of creativity from your players.

2. Your players will get a lot of assists etc.

3. My initial findings is that the ST will not get as many goals as the two AMC's with farrows.

I'm 11 games into my Barca save and currently lay 6 points ahead of second - my two AMC's (Messi and Ronaldinho) are both in the top 10 scores and my central AMC is leading the league on assists.

The use of 0 CF is also working in my beloved Liverpool 4-4-2 formation - after seeing this tactic, and downloading it, I quickly altered my 4-4-2 tactic to share a couple of similarities and the results were great.

Originally posted by na3c0:

Version 1

One problem about this tactic is that it gives too much ball possession to opponent.

H Milan vs Inter: Win 6-1

H Milan vs Everton: Win 4-0

A Milan vs Torino: Win 5-1 (ball possession 38%)

H Milan vs Palermo: Win 3-1

H Italy vs Cameroon: Draw 2-2 (being scored first, then being equalized, ball possession 45%)

A Italy vs Germany: Win 3-2

H Milan vs B.Munich: Draw 1-1 (ball possession 40%)

A Milan vs Fiorentina: Draw 3-3 (Scored 3-0 before HT, ball possession 43%)

Those matches I didn't give details about ball possession are all above 50%. You can see here the danger of losing ball possession to an opponent who has strong attacking force. In the match against Fiorentina, they scored 3 goals in 10minutes thanks to their good ball possession during 2nd half. I used my 2nd team against them, but I am in 2014 and having a very high quality squad.

Version 2

I replayed with the old save from the first match using your 1st version. I don't think this one is better than last one. Still have ball possession problem.

H ... vs Inter: 2-0

H ... vs Everton: 3-0

A ... vs Torino: 5-1 (ball possesion 38%)

H ... vs Palermo: 6-0 (ball possesion 45%)

H Italy vs Cameroon: Draw 1-1 (being scored first,ball possession 43%)

A Italy vs Germany: Lost 1-2 (ball possession less than 50% in 1st half)

H ... vs B. Munich: 2-1 (ball possesion 44%, I was losing but managed to make a comeback only thanks to corner exploit)

A ... vs Fiorentina: 2-2 (ball possession 41%, just like last time, was leading 2-0, but lost possession in 2nd half and got scored twice in 5 mins)

To be honest, I feel less confidence in this version than the last one. My defence seem to be more vulnerable.

A couple of things I forgot to add:

1. I do use Opp Instructions - mostly on wingers, particular AMC's and dangerous strikers.

2. The fullbacks seem prone to fouls.

3. If you are not breaking down defences try and put some Creative Freedom (10-14) on the two attacking AMC's - I've found that having only two players with high CF allows some added flair and ability to unlock the opposition's goal.

Originally posted by na3c0:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by na3c0:

Version 1

One problem about this tactic is that it gives too much ball possession to opponent.

H Milan vs Inter: Win 6-1

H Milan vs Everton: Win 4-0

A Milan vs Torino: Win 5-1 (ball possession 38%)

H Milan vs Palermo: Win 3-1

H Italy vs Cameroon: Draw 2-2 (being scored first, then being equalized, ball possession 45%)

A Italy vs Germany: Win 3-2

H Milan vs B.Munich: Draw 1-1 (ball possession 40%)

A Milan vs Fiorentina: Draw 3-3 (Scored 3-0 before HT, ball possession 43%)

Those matches I didn't give details about ball possession are all above 50%. You can see here the danger of losing ball possession to an opponent who has strong attacking force. In the match against Fiorentina, they scored 3 goals in 10minutes thanks to their good ball possession during 2nd half. I used my 2nd team against them, but I am in 2014 and having a very high quality squad.

Version 2

I replayed with the old save from the first match using your 1st version. I don't think this one is better than last one. Still have ball possession problem.

H ... vs Inter: 2-0

H ... vs Everton: 3-0

A ... vs Torino: 5-1 (ball possesion 38%)

H ... vs Palermo: 6-0 (ball possesion 45%)

H Italy vs Cameroon: Draw 1-1 (being scored first,ball possession 43%)

A Italy vs Germany: Lost 1-2 (ball possession less than 50% in 1st half)

H ... vs B. Munich: 2-1 (ball possesion 44%, I was losing but managed to make a comeback only thanks to corner exploit)

A ... vs Fiorentina: 2-2 (ball possession 41%, just like last time, was leading 2-0, but lost possession in 2nd half and got scored twice in 5 mins)

To be honest, I feel less confidence in this version than the last one. My defence seem to be more vulnerable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason, I would dare say, that you're losing on ball possession is that there is a lot of room on the wings for the opposition to use.

Another poster suggested taking the farrows off the fullbacks to add more defensive capabilities.

Despite not always dominating possession you're still having good results; you may just need to come to terms with this not being a compact tactic.

Originally posted by marger:

oh the v2 is fantastic

i won the latest 6 games with no conceding,includin 2:0 win R.Madrid away

only one question: as dmc is farrowed to the front winger position, what kind of dmc is prefered to use?

honestly, i dont know yet.....we need to test it... thats why i need alot of feedback in detail icon_wink.gif

but you won "the latest 6 games with no conceding,includin 2:0 win R.Madrid away", thats mean your "kind of dmc is prefered to use" icon14.gif

please share to us what kind of dmc did you use ? icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Mr Hough:

had some great results with version 2 of this tactic but just played arsenal at home lost 3-0 although i dominated the game and hit everywhere apart from the back of the net

maybe we need version 3 icon_biggrin.gif

IMO the oppo instructions are key to not conceding.

Watch the formation screen, when the other side switches their wingers around you'll have to change the show onto foot side otherwise you'll be counter productive.

yes right...watch the formation screen during game, the ai sometimes change their formation or rotating their players, if they do it... immediatly change your OI icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by ScouseWolf:

3. If you are not breaking down defences try and put some Creative Freedom (10-14) on the two attacking AMC's - I've found that having only two players with high CF allows some added flair and ability to unlock the opposition's goal.

if you want to win all of the game, you need tweaking during match...

ScouseWolf right having one or two AMC with high CF sometimes unlock the opposition's goal.. icon14.gif

or cahange your MC,AMC,SC mentality to all out attack if you draw or lost at 60+ minutes againts lower team.

sadly im testing it with no tweak at all, so im not sure how to tweak it during match icon_razz.gif

The tactic isn't working too well for me at all.

I'm Derby (make no jokes or suggestions that Derby are shocking trying to be funny), and I'm currently 16th. I did rubbish in the friendlies, but I was letting the team get used to the tactic.

Now going into November, I'm on a major losing streak, not doing well at all.

Can anyone suggest what the problem could be, do I need more quality in the team? Or is there something else I could do?

My team currently is:

GK: Danut Coman

DR: Christian Sarghi

DC: Stephen Pressley

DC: Andy Todd

DL: Jay McEveley

MC: Robbie Savage

MC: Hossam Ghaly

AMC: Giles Barnes

AMC: Stephen Pearson

AMC: David Jones

ST: Andy Carroll/Marcus Tudgay

I know I need a much better striker than what I currently have, but on 8.0.2 Derby have been made seriously poor on the game by SI, I mean much worse in real life, many players have been reduced to League One standard (including Lewis Price, one of the few player who has looked good this season).

Right, I haven't tried out Version 2 yet.

Mainly because I'm on an 84 match unbeaten run so far with Arsenal, with Version 1.

However, I've made quite a lot of changes. I haven't tinkered with the shape of the formation but I've made these changes:

- AMCs CF is set according to their creativity (i.e. 19 creativity = 1 notch from the right)

- Striker is set as targetman (Adebayor/Bendtner) and has "Often" RWB & FR

- AMC is set as playmaker (Fabregas/Iniesta)

- Messi and Van Persie are given Free Roles

- Timewasting 0 notches

I'm doing very well with these adjustments. Scoring around 4, conceding around 0.3 on average.

---

My concerns about version 2 are the FBs and DMs. Most full-back like to run up the wing and whip crosses in. I understand that the Farrows stregthen the middle of the pitch but the wings are left unguarded.

Also, the DMs are taken way out of their positions. Most defensive mids lack speed, and aren't the best crossers. If the opposition wins the ball and makes a quick counter attack, the DMs wont be able to get back in time due to their pace. All that prevents themm from scoring is the CBs and possibly the FBs if they get back in time.

I guess I can't really judge before I try v2 but those are my thoughts. It'd be the perfect tactic if you have the perfect suited players for the DM and FB positions though.

Great job on version 1 btw icon_wink.gif

Also, the people complaining about lack of possesion; I don't know if it's because I'm a big team or if it's the tactic itself, but I rarely ever have upto 50% possesion. Most matches I have about 45%, sometimes even 35%. It doesn't matter though, what's important is how you use your possesion wisely.

I watched a full game on high speed, and the reason why I only have like 40% of possesion is because the opponent passes the ball around in their own half. They don't attempt attacks much. This formation however tries to play the ball forward asap, and to try and score. What I do to get more possesion is set closing down to the max - all the way to the right, and to push my defence line up. Their defenders and mids will therefore have less time on the ball and less space.

I just had 35% possesion and I won 6-0 against Scunthorpe. They had 1 shot on goal.

- AMCs CF is set according to their creativity (i.e. 19 creativity = 1 notch from the right)

You need to understand that Creative Freedom settings on the slider don't in fact correlate with the players Creativity attribute directly.

Granted, players with better creativity, flair, technique, decisions, etc... will perform better in a high creative freedom role.

Creative Freedom is more of a "control" on how much players adhere to your overall team tactics. Ultra-high Creative Freedom set with alot of players (certainly more than four), will cause a breakdown in the "team" strategy for most users. You're clearly lucky in that with such a high quality squad of players, you will get away with it more.

Originally posted by heathxxx:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

You need to understand that Creative Freedom settings on the slider don't in fact correlate with the players Creativity attribute directly.

Granted, players with better creativity, flair, technique, decisions, etc... will perform better in a high creative freedom role.

Creative Freedom is more of a "control" on how much players adhere to your overall team tactics. Ultra-high Creative Freedom set with alot of players (certainly more than four), will cause a breakdown in the "team" strategy for most users. You're clearly lucky in that with such a high quality squad of players, you will get away with it more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for that heath icon14.gif I thought it was only based on creativity. I might have to lower a few then to keep the team together.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IMT:

Still winning loads with version 2, but defensively I have become ...WORSE...especially away from home (which I cannot win now, whereas I was amazing away with version 1) am going to try a few games home with version 2 and switching to version 1 away.

My defence all have good stats, and I have Enyeama in goal I think the poor clean sheet ratio and goals conceeded is more to do with patch 8.0.2 than who you have in goal to be honest.

Clean sheets are rare TBH but as long as I win I'm not too bothered. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true mate, but takes the gloss off when you're 2-0 or 3-0 up with 5 minutes to go, and then bang you lose your clean sheet, but yes 3 points is the king, and with this tactic I'm getting them aplenty... icon14.gif

Originally posted by speed4500:

i m using v2 as well and oddly enough, i only conceded 5 goals in 12 matches with Liverpool. Maybe it's luck or my central defensive pairing of kompany and agger doing a great job

who is your GK? maybe 'some kind' of GK will do best for this tactic

torres is on form .....

he score a LOT ....

i would recomend Mauro zarate ... he's a scoring machine ...

youth ... i always sign , saivet,zeefuik,wijnaldum and toni kroos .... they are simple brilliant ... icon_smile.gif

i want to know which GK is good ... i mean high cleansheet ...

I haven't tinkered with the shape of the formation but I've made these changes:

- Striker is set as targetman (Adebayor/Bendtner) and has "Often" RWB & FR

- AMC is set as playmaker (Fabregas/Iniesta)

- Messi and Van Persie are given Free Roles

- Timewasting 0 notches

Also, if players are have good dribbling, I set to often.

I close down opposing players with 15+ creativity or long shots. I show players onto their weaker foot. And I man-mark all players except defenders like you recommended.

If the opposing team has 55% or more possession during a match, I push my defensive line up to about 14 notches, and close down to the max.

All of that, along with giving good team talks (thanks to Wolfsong's guide).

102 matches now - just beat Man Utd 6-1 icon_biggrin.gif

I might lose soon though, my next 5 matches are;- Chelsea, Liverpool, Roma, Chelsea, Roma.

All of that, along with giving good team talks (thanks to Wolfsong's guide).

102 matches now - just beat Man Utd 6-1 icon_biggrin.gif

I might lose soon though, my next 5 matches are;- Chelsea, Liverpool, Roma, Chelsea, Roma.

you are holding then most consecutive win now....as long as i know icon_biggrin.gif

please let us know your run...... icon14.gif

I already said mate ^

If you missed it I said;

- I close down players with 15+ creativity or long shots

- I tight mark and hard tackle all players except for defenders

- I show one footed players onto their weaker foot. And I show wingers onto their weaker foot.

Using opposition instructions makes a big difference

you are holding then most consecutive win now....as long as i know Big Grin

Oh no, not consecutive wins mate. That'd be crazy.

Unbeaten run, I've drawn some too. Drew 5 away matches this season, won the rest of my matches.

The most consecutive wins I've heard of is Theincrediblehulk's 58 wins. He uses his own tactic.

I already said mate ^

If you missed it I said;

- I close down players with 15+ creativity or long shots

- I tight mark and hard tackle all players except for defenders

- I show one footed players onto their weaker foot. And I show wingers onto their weaker foot.

Using opposition instructions makes a big difference

Good work - who are you, who's your strongest XI and what year are you in?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> you are holding then most consecutive win now....as long as i know Big Grin

Oh no, not consecutive wins mate. That'd be crazy.

Unbeaten run, I've drawn some too. Drew 5 away matches this season, won the rest of my matches.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry...btw its still amazing icon14.gif

I'm Arsenal in season 5. My squad is very strong, so I guess it's not unusual to be unbeaten for 100+ matches.

Squad

GK: Lloris / Fabianski

RB: D.Alves / Behrami

LB: Traore / Taiwo

CB: Vidal / Sakho

CB: Richards / Djourou

CM: Veloso / Martinez

CM: Toulalan / Bodmer

AMC: Messi / Aguero

AMC: Fabregas / Iniesta

AMC: Silva / Matias

ST: Adebayor / Bendtner / Bojan