kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

Originally posted by Aquaplex:

I was bored so what i did was run kim V1 for 1 season on holiday mode. Here are my findings. Holiday mode, first season, no new players, starting 11, no team talks abviously.

won 25

drew 7

lost 6

After looking at the fixtures i could see that this tactic, V1 was very effective at home with excellent results. I think my home record was something like 17 wins 0 draws and 2 losses. The away record wasnt nearly as impressive as most of my losses and all my draws were away. Suprising match of the season was 7:3 trouncing of Chelsea in 4th round of the Cup where Adebayor scored all 7 goals.. lol Not sure how that happened but it looked interesting. I am now testing V2 and will report back later.

Thanks Aquaplex, I look forward to reading your findings about V2. Though the way my team is going with V1, it doesn't look like we'll be able to get 25 wins, more like 15. I've played 19 games so far, and have only 6 wins.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It turns out V2 is a lot more solid, at least for Arsenal.

won 30

drew 4

lost 4

kimV2 won the league with 94 total points. kimV1 took 2nd place in my first test. Further comparisons between the 2 tactics:

1 season on holiday (first season)

kimV1 25-7-6 97 goals scored 42 conceded +55gd

kimV2 30-4-4 97 goals scored 34 conceded +63gd

Also looking at some stats, V2 had a lot more balanced scoring.

Here is a helpful tip i can give to those that might want to try out for V2 which seemed to work well for me during couple games. It has to do with opposite instructions:

Strikers: Tight marking, Closing down always.

If playing against a really fast and creative FC only Tight marking.

For opposing wingers: Tight marking, Closing down always, Show on weaker foot.

For central AM and MCa: Tight marking, Closing down always.

If he is identitfied as danger man and the MCd/DCs have good tackling stats Hard tackling.

For DMC or FB:

If he is named danger man Closing down always, if strong even Tight marking.

For GK: Closing down always.

These Opp instructions are courtesy of Zagallo from FM-Britain and i have found them tremendously useful for 8.0.2

Very interesting tactic.

I've made a few tweaks to address the leaking of goals.

I saw that goals tended to come right through the middle, typically either one DC is pulled out of position to close down a striker and a runner runs clear through the vacated space (or the tackle is missed and player has clear path).

I switched the back four to zonal, tight marking.

Closing down - DCs highest click of own area or one higher

FBs slightly higher

D-line at 18

DCs on barrows

GK mentality 10-12, closing down 10-12

This has made a tremendous difference for my squad. (note: my squad is built around pace, high line works well for me, if you have slower, or perhaps even average DCs this could be a problem...although I find the high line with barrows is the best of both worlds defending).

I'm looking to try some other tweaks - short passing, quicker tempo and a wider variation.

Just a quick thumbs up to the creator of this tactic I usually try and create my own but this has been working extremely well for me, I like the idea of everyone on low creative freedom (been talked about on here before) so they stick to their instructions very simple but it works.

Hi, i'm am new to FM, so pardon my ignorance! how do you import tactics to be able to use them. I have downloaded the v2 version and can't seem to find it.

I have placed it in Cicon_smile.gif> Program Files > Sports Interactive > Football Manager > data > Tactics

Please Help, Many Thanks

Originally posted by Rob Fitz:

Hi, i'm am new to FM, so pardon my ignorance! how do you import tactics to be able to use them. I have downloaded the v2 version and can't seem to find it.

I have placed it in Cicon_smile.gif> Program Files > Sports Interactive > Football Manager > data > Tactics

Please Help, Many Thanks

it goes in C:/my documents/sports interactive/football manager 2008/tactics

now playing 4 seasons Newcastle, 3th season starting playing with version 2, results

1. winning League

2. winning FA Cup

3. winning Champions league

4. lost league cup final

start at 5th season is not good, having trouble with scoring, AMC positions modric, fernandez and elano (last season 29 goals on AMC position) and striker owen (last season 56 goals in 49 matches).

played 10 games, only scored 9 conceded 1. (defenders bale, sakho (he is a god!!) breno and bahrami.

any tips and trucs to keep up the good shape of the last season?

Originally posted by DominicForza:

Very interesting tactic.

I saw that goals tended to come right through the middle, typically either one DC is pulled out of position to close down a striker and a runner runs clear through the vacated space (or the tackle is missed and player has clear path).

FBs slightly higher

D-line at 18

DCs on barrows

This has made a tremendous difference for my squad. (note: my squad is built around pace, high line works well for me, if you have slower, or perhaps even average DCs this could be a problem...although I find the high line with barrows is the best of both worlds defending).

I'm looking to try some other tweaks - short passing, quicker tempo and a wider variation.

This sounds encouraging, could you upload this tactic with your tweaks to a file-sharing website?

hi guys.

must admit i am not the most computer savvy and having very recently returned from a few years abroad i am only recently renewing my love affair with FM. Trying to understand this formation but am encountering difficulties downloading it or having my computer read it. Can anyone tell me what I am missing out on or can they email me a direct copy. i am VERY AGER to stop losing.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help

I have the formation laid out from the screenshots that are on the posts already and have applied the settings Kimz recommends before applying it but is there something i need to be applying also

brianmca23@hotmail.com

Thanks everyone

Originally posted by The Chosen One:

Never believed using tactics designed by other people but I have to say Kimz you are piece of something outa this world. I saw a lot of Arsenal fans using Kimz V1 (Arsenal Team Guide thread) so thought of using. It paid off. Al though I didnt win any trophies with it but have to say it is amazing.

You can exploit teams like damn crazy and score goals. Something I really wanted against small teams. Through my 3rd season, after drawing 6 games out of 13 in the league, I started using this tactic and in my first game I won 8-0 at home against wigan. Out of the blue. Then my team started to click. From there I only lost to Man U, the league, away 4-0, away to Everton, second last game of the season (used my back up players), Chelsea FA cup semi final, and Barca away 1st leg semi final UCL. All those games I lost I should have won considering the amount of chances and shots I created but you know they say "you can not win all". Man U picked a very good form and won the league because of those 6 games I drew before I used your formation. Lost to Barca on away goals in the semi final UCL. And Chelsea scored late goal in FA CUP semi final.

The problem I faced with this tactic is, I dont know if any one else found out, I conceded a lot of free kicks, deflected on to my wall then past my keeper. It happened so often. And also from corner kicks but not really that many.

Another problem with this tactic is you can fk up against teams with good counter attack players. Like Man U. Because they are getting so much possession they can almost put you to sword. Luckly I dont have to face them week in week out.

Anyways, this tactic is out of the blue and I would use my 4th season in Arsenal and hopefully win my first real trophy apart from the FA cup. Thanks a lot.

Here is my how I put my players in the line up.

------Adebayor/RV Persie-------------

-----Silva--Fabregas---Aguero

---VD Vaart ----- Bodmer/Veloso

Clichy ---- Richards ---- Toure© --- Sagna

-------------- S Frey ---------------

Bench

L Fabianski

Quaresma

Rosicky

Eboue

Hugo Almeida

Fran Merida

Nordveit

Finished fourth season. Won the league Unbeaten, the Champions league, and the carling cup.

Thank You Kim icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Brianzer23:

hi guys.

must admit i am not the most computer savvy and having very recently returned from a few years abroad i am only recently renewing my love affair with FM. Trying to understand this formation but am encountering difficulties downloading it or having my computer read it. Can anyone tell me what I am missing out on or can they email me a direct copy. i am VERY AGER to stop losing.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help

I have the formation laid out from the screenshots that are on the posts already and have applied the settings Kimz recommends before applying it but is there something i need to be applying also

brianmca23@hotmail.com

Thanks everyone

To download the tactic:

KIMZ V1 Tactic

LINK 1: KIMZ VERSION 1 Tactic (Rapidshare website)

Link 2: Download from Yousendit (Kimz V2)

KIMZ V2 Tactic

Link 1: http://rapidshare.com/files/103595113/Kimz_8.0.2_No_Tweaking_v2.tac.html

Link 2: Download from Yousendit (Kimz V2 tactic)

I uploaded both tactics for you. Download the tactic you want (V1 or V2) and then choose either link 1 or 2. I gave you two links in case one doesnt work for you. So suit yourself.

As far as making work this tactic, all you need to do is when you download the tactic copy it to Documents/Sports Interactive/FM08/Tactics (Go to your Documents on your desktop and then Sports Interactive then choose Football Manager 08 then the tactic folder). AFter you do that, load FM08 and go to your game then your teams tactics (CTRL+T for short cut)then upload the tactic. All done. All you have to do is put the players you want in the tactic. Then you will be good.. Don;t forget the opposition instructions in the first page of this thread (given by Kimz).

Will send you email too.

Good luck.

I am somewhat embarassed to admit that I don't know how to upload a tactic (or a pkm).

I feel the fear of being surpassed by the pace of techno-gizmo things...sort of like my dad trying to use a the TV remote, or program his VCR/DVD-recorder.

I think I listed my defensive modifications pretty fully...

back 4 zonal/tight marking

DC closing down to highest own area/lowest own half (higher for low/moderate aggression, lower for high aggression)

FB a click or two higher closing down

D-Line 18

DCs on barrows

GK 10-12 mentality and closing down (lower closing down and mentality if keeper has high rushing out)

This is for version 2, but I pretty much use these settings for the back 4 (& GK) on all my tactics. I would expect them to work for v1 too.

Push up line to 20 against slow strikers and back a little (14) against very fast strikers. You can also defend deeper if you want to play counter attack, however I have been effective at counter even with high line.

I am somewhat embarassed to admit that I don't know how to upload a tactic (or a pkm).

I feel the fear of being surpassed by the pace of techno-gizmo things...sort of like my dad trying to use a the TV remote, or program his VCR/DVD-recorder.

I think I listed my defensive modifications pretty fully...

back 4 zonal/tight marking

DC closing down to highest own area/lowest own half (higher for low/moderate aggression, lower for high aggression)

FB a click or two higher closing down

D-Line 18

DCs on barrows

GK 10-12 mentality and closing down (lower closing down and mentality if keeper has high rushing out)

This is for version 2, but I pretty much use these settings for the back 4 (& GK) on all my tactics. I would expect them to work for v1 too.

Push up line to 20 against slow strikers and back a little (14) against very fast strikers. You can also defend deeper if you want to play counter attack, however I have been effective at counter even with high line.

thanks for your great feedback icon14.gif

thats the answer for away games againts good opp

set your defensive line to 18-19 and set all defender zonal marking, this will work for away games...

im still testing with this setup for away games....looks like this will work icon_wink.gif

What is going on?!?! First season, Sunderland languishing in 14th (won 1, drawn 4, lost 2). Then found this tactic, made the changes and in the first match this happened. Not played another match yet, but talk about instant results! Might end up losing the rest but, hey!

Sunderland 7

Man United 1

Even David Connelly who came on for injured Kenwyne Jones in the 30th minute got a hat-trick.

What type of players do people play in the DM role of v2?

I'm considering playing wingers there and having the AMC with the farrow as a DMC? Makele and Essien aren't getting the ratings for me at DM sofigured I'd give it a go?

Others views?

I use Zonal without TM (No OIs) and 5th Season Spurs only conceded 22.

Trying the barrows on CBs and push up, looking good Season 6 P10 W9 D 1, Berbatov at 31 (gets a rest) has scored 17 in 7 Games.

Originally posted by Walrus:

What type of players do people play in the DM role of v2?

I'm considering playing wingers there and having the AMC with the farrow as a DMC? Makele and Essien aren't getting the ratings for me at DM sofigured I'd give it a go?

Others views?

Your DMC's will need good defensive attributes too, althopugh if they can cross & shoot as well so much the better.

I see where you're coming from thinking the Barrowed AMC could be a DMC as he's often quite deep but creativity & passing are the main attributes needed (the higher the better) as he is hardly ever picked up & gets the vast majority of the assists.

exscuse my ignorance....im trying to download this tactic ive gone to rapid share and downloaded it. but it doesnt load up with winrar. can i just drag and drop into the tactic folder in the si folder???

thanks

Very interesting tactic.

FBs slightly higher

D-line at 18

DCs on barrows

Are these tweaks for every game or away games?

Originally posted by Steffers:

exscuse my ignorance....im trying to download this tactic ive gone to rapid share and downloaded it. but it doesnt load up with winrar. can i just drag and drop into the tactic folder in the si folder???

thanks

copy that file to my documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\tactics

started a game with liverpool, the tactic is great at home, so far:

Played 27

Won 18

Drawn 3

Lost 6

Goals 62

Conceded 23

12 Home games, won them all conceding only 4 goals, 2 of them to derby in the same game surprisngly! but away not had the same luck, 15 games, won 6, lost 6, drawn 3, pretty much without fail i create 15 chances even away from home but it just doesnt seem to work the same, i lost to bolton and reading and was held by sunderland!

please make an away tactic kimz! i have to add iw as using v1

also i have had alot of injuries, agger was injured for a while, gerrard broke his leg and babels been out for a few months so i have had to play benayoun,lucas and kewell as the 3 AM which isnt great but im still losing to teams in away games that are far inferior to my team

Originally posted by jlugovid:

hi kimz!! when we are going to see the promising V4?? it would be a tactic only for the away matches or for every matches??

still not ready yet, its not consistent, sometimes good in defence but cannot score, and sometimes score alot but conceded more.......... icon_confused.gif

now im trying to tweak v2 for away games only and countering 4-2-4, with these posibilities :

- make all defender zonal marking

- change the defensive line to 15-20

- give barrow to SW pos for 2 DC

- droping DL/DR position to SW DR/DL, still with the original farrow

try it for your away games, and give me feedback for your success with your tweaks.... icon_wink.gif

I've tried this tactic with the Columbus Crew. The good thing is that I can consistently score goals, but the problem is that I usually concede more than I can score. I must admit that my defenders are pretty crappy, and my main DC was injured for a while at the beginning of the season. I'll probably try it some more when I can recruit some better players in the back, but until then I need to go to something else (especially for away games).

This is a very cool tactic btw. I really like how my attackers move the ball around and create openings.

Ive started a new game with Tottenham and tried this tactic but it just doesnt work for me.

Played 10 games and won them all in the league so far but ive used this and WM's tactic which i feel suits my team better.

Ive even set it up as you noted in the 1st page regarding the opposite team. Set my set pieces up.... its just not consistent enough. I played my 1st 5games with it... but changed tactic in the 2nds half as it wasnt making any impact ...except against Man Utd at home where we won 4-1 so i applaud you on that note.

Overall i will rate it 6 out of 10

before someone else says it - yes i am liverpool and we have the basis of good squad and a wealthy budget - but this tactic with them is remarkable!

pre season as we all know doesn't really count for how a tactic will stand up but 5 games in torres has 15 goals icon_eek.gif, 6 of which came against chelsea away in the first half! - beat chelsea 8 - 2, than man u at home 3-0. A wonderful design that confuses the AI match engine with the dmc's running forward!

I also find that if the opposition are creating to many chances drop the mentality down a notch or too and watch their chances, if this does not make any difference keep dropping the mentaltiy down till it limits there chances.

if 15 mins to go and want to park the bus - take forward arrows off DMC's and FB's and run the clock down.

KIm - fantastic tactic!

I tried the push up settings but ended up having high scores 6-6.

6th season Spurs won treble - lost at home 2-1 to Barcelona but V2 away won 6-1, then won 5-0 against Milan in Final.

The tactic works season after season home or away, but you will still have those games that you draw with bottom of table or be stunned with late winner.

I'm using V2 and this tactic is amazing! If you concede a lot of goals, make sure you follow opposition settings to the letter, it helps a lot.

However, I did do a minor tweak: corners. In my game, even though he's set to "Challenge GK", my CB (Vidic) didn't score all that many goals. I've checked the corner settings for all my players and noticed that someone was set to "Near post flick on". If you use that, then the corner "bug" won't work!

So, set your best jumper/header to "Challenge GK", 2nd best jumper/header to "Attack near post" and 3rd best to "Attack far post". Don't set anyone to "Near post flick on".

That did it, at least for me, because Vidic is now scoring like mad icon_smile.gif

hello,

I know I asked above but it may get missed......This Tactic looks interesting and has been talked about on the xbox site......

Can someone post pics of team instructions etc so we can see if it works on a different format...

I'll then keep you updated

thanks

Guest daddy_cro

GREAT tacticts!!!!!

1st season with villareal:

plyd: 33

won: 24

drn: 5

lst: 4

for: 81!!!

ag: 42

and all the players scored at least 1 goal, but top scorers:

Rosi - 31 (he was injuerd for a month)

Nihat - 33

most assists - MODRIC - 21 icon_smile.gif

THX MAN!!!!

ps

waiting the end of season to try v2.

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jlugovid:

hi kimz!! when we are going to see the promising V4?? it would be a tactic only for the away matches or for every matches??

still not ready yet, its not consistent, sometimes good in defence but cannot score, and sometimes score alot but conceded more.......... icon_confused.gif

now im trying to tweak v2 for away games only and countering 4-2-4, with these posibilities :

try it for your away games, and give me feedback for your success with your tweaks.... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

kimz can u post a jpg of new tactic acording to these changes

thanks

Guest Jonesyblue

Hello,

I wouldn't mind a look at this too as I have it on the 360.

Cheers

Originally posted by Triggerusa:

hello,

I know I asked above but it may get missed......This Tactic looks interesting and has been talked about on the xbox site......

Can someone post pics of team instructions etc so we can see if it works on a different format...

I'll then keep you updated

thanks

I have build a new tactic combining v1&v2 and some of my tactic ideas.I also completely changed all set pices...

1st season with Inter:

plyd: 38

won: 33

drn: 4

lst: 1 (Juventus beat me at home with 1 shot on target, Buffon MoM with 9)

for: 116!!!!!!

ag: 23!!!

Stats in all competitions:

MP:59

GS:181(3.1)

GC:45(0.8)

won CL, SC, IC = Treble + SC

Ibrakadabra - 44g+7a

Suazo - 27+14

Fazio - 26+2 ++ 22g from other defenders mostly after corners

Elano - 21+20

Stankovic - 10+32

p.s. this season was played by assistant due testing icon_biggrin.gif 1st and last testing icon_biggrin.gif

Thx Kimz for some new ideas! icon14.gif

Originally posted by mattyspurs76:

Ive gave this another shot, and i guess its better than i 1st tried.

But ive noticed that my fullbacks get booked a lot, even sent off 2 times.

Is this right? or its it just me

try this OI : set up the OI as i mentioned at 1st page with change of tackling :

- DMC/MC/AMC : hard if bravery 15- ( <=15 )

- WBL/WBR/ML/MRAML/AMR : 17-

- FL/FR/SC : 17-

its reducing the yellow/red card

good luck and give your opinion at this setting icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by uyk_RA:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jlugovid:

try it for your away games, and give me feedback for your success with your tweaks.... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

kimz can u post a jpg of new tactic acording to these changes

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it still tweaking posibilities, i havent got the best tweaks yet....

maybe next week i will upload the tweaking v2 tactic : v2.1 as home tactic and v2.2 as away tactic icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Los Sam:

I have build a new tactic combining v1&v2 and some of my tactic ideas.I also completely changed all set pices...

1st season with Inter:

Ibrakadabra - 44g+7a

Suazo - 27+14

Elano - 21+20

Stankovic - 10+32

p.s. this season was played by assistant due testing icon_biggrin.gif 1st and last testing icon_biggrin.gif

Can you post a link to your version of this tactic if kimz doesn't mind?

Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Los Sam:

1st season with Inter:

Ibrakadabra - 44g+7a

Suazo - 27+14

Elano - 21+20

Stankovic - 10+32

Can you post a link to your version of this tactic if kimz doesn't mind? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont mind.... icon14.gif

Archived