kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

The Lambs - it's not just games started in 8.0.1 and patched to 8.0.2. I started new games after the patch - it's a problem with the match engine. There's far too many goals for both sides in 8.0.2.

Really disappointed in 8.0.2 - I'd hoped it would be more realistic and the Super Keeper problem would be resolved. Ah well, there's always FM09 to look forward to - with its own set of problems and patches that never seem to quite hit the mark...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey all

I really like this tactic, i love to play attacking football and some of the build up play this tactic produces is superb... tried it in a net game with my mate and were in 3rd season now im Plymouth in League 1... had a few clubs (long story!) anyways bought some decent players in and seems to work a treat at home really create alot of chances and the football is great to watch... its not so easy away but i dont like to shut up shop and think im good enough going forward to score enough to win... i put hard tackling and tight marking on the computers striker/s any amc's and cm's and on wingers hard tacking and depending what side there on show on to left side if on right wing and vice versa... anyways started a game with Chelsea and yes i know not much of a challenge playing with them, but i have always struggled to score many goals with them before but now playing amazing football, bought D.Alves for 41.5m and Modric for 10m and picked up Tim Cahill for 6m from Everton... he hasnt played yet due to injury, Lampard is superb in this tactic as the left amc.. he has 11 in 7 with modric in the middle and joe cole the right amc, Drogba up front usually or Anelka, anyways have enclosed a screen shot of my scores and thanks very much Kimz took my enjoyment of FM to a new level!

Ricey

Well it's clear people like this tactic, I'm doing pretty well with Cleons sheff U one but It'll be good to try another with this leading the way

I'm about to complete 3rd Season with Liverpool

Won league in 1st year, champions league in 2nd year (3rd in league) and now I hope to win league in 3rd year, 10 games left and 1 point behind Man U (who I lost 4-3 recently having been 3-1 up). Cerio

I was using my beloved 4-4-2 formation for QPR which has served me well for many editions of FM but with qpr in the epl has gone pear shaped, so i decided to give this one ago.

I started with v1 as was reading trough all the pages my results have been impressive including beating spurs and city 4-0 icon_biggrin.gif

I have had a couple of 2-2 all draws but that was mainly to being reduced to 10 men. I have only played one game with version 2 but found the possesion and goals ratio alot better with v1, so i think i will keep to this one until it goes slightly wrong.

Not played a chelsea or man u yet but looking forward to it.

Excellant tactic well done icon14.gificon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

I've tried this tactic with 3 separate teams thus far;

Liverpool (disaster, but hardly a surprise), QPR (Good start, then disaster)

Second season (quit QPR, holidayed to june) got the 'Boro job - playing very well, 3rd in the league after 7, unbeaten.

Just beat Hull 6-0 AWAY, though I'm not holding my breath...

I'll report back with further progress soon.

I've been using v1 until now but I've downloaded v2 as a back-up just in case...

Used your original tactic with Valencia - currently halfway through the first season and absolutely walking away with it. Beat Man Utd 5-1 at Old Trafford in the ECL - good work my man, best tactic in FM2008 so far by a mile.

the football produced by this tactic is the best ive ever seen, kudos too you.

i have tweaked a little too suit my own style, but i still suffer the same as many others with the away goals.

anyway, my first post after lingering on here for months and months just too say well done on creating a quality tactic that has opened my eyes too the variation of tactics that CAN work in this game.

i mean, DMs as my wide players?! crazy!!

icon14.gif

Originally posted by HydeFantics:

u need to fix the away loose ...

it very annoying when i can predict my team will loose in that match ....

and i never make cleansheet of my away match ...

fix is in progress..... icon_wink.gif

thanks for evey feedback icon14.gif

now im fixing the v2 away goals problem..... and v1 after finishing the v2

but i need more information about your away games to make it works better...

- half time result when you lost on away game

- how did the ai score, last 10 min on 4-2-4 formation, from winger, through ball, corner, indirect freekick, .........

- which version did you use, v1 or v2?

- are you tweaking during match or not

if you have any idea to fix it, just let me know...... icon_wink.gif

thanks for all

You may want to just create two tactics. The v2 home is outstanding so there is no reason to tweak that.

Maybe you could tweak the DM's for an away version to have them remain more focused on defense.

In my QPR season, I'm 13-2-0 at home, with 45 for and only 8 against. On the road, I'm 8-3-6 with 34 for and 26 against.

You're tactic is very aggressive offensively, so it stands to reason it would suffer on the road and dominate at home.

A tip for this tactic -

Its very good to have center defenders with good jumping and heading skills, because this tactic allows alot of attack from opponent down the wing, so when alot of crosses come in its important to have a big edge in heading it.

Originally posted by kimz:

now im fixing the v2 away goals problem..... and v1 after finishing the v2

but i need more information about your away games to make it works better...

- half time result when you lost on away game

- how did the ai score, last 10 min on 4-2-4 formation, from winger, through ball, corner, indirect freekick, .........

- which version did you use, v1 or v2?

- are you tweaking during match or not

if you have any idea to fix it, just let me know...... icon_wink.gif

thanks for all

Sometimes I've 0-2, 0-3 result in half-time. Ai scores a lot of goal in first 15,20 minutes. They play very agressive, and I think that's opp. instruction not work well in away games.But I haven't any idea, how we correct this problem.

I've the same problem in V1 and V2.

I'm not tweaking during match.

Teeyougee:

I'm managing AZ Alkmaar in the dutch league and I have generally benefited from your OI. But when I play PSV and Ajax I find myself up against 5-6 offensive players who have creativity and/or long shots of 15+. That means I'll be closing down everyone except defenders in OI. This results in goal bonanzas where I'm usually losing by one goal, say 3-4, or getting a draw a best. So here's my question: Is there a limit to how many players you should be closing down and if so how do you select the right opposition players to close down?

kimz - my away games mostly seem to follow a similar pattern using v1. If I score a goal, the AI scores within 5 minutes (probably going more agressive as soon as I've scored).

Unless I've scored in the last 5 minutes of the half, I'm usually drawing or losing at half time.

If the AI starts the game aggressively, I tend to concede at least one goal in the first 10 minutes.

Even with all this, I still tend to dominate the game in terms of shots on goal regardless of whether I win, lose or draw. The tactic does seem to allow the AI a big advantage in possession, so maybe a tweak to shorter passing and slower tempo might work?

And I'm not tweaking during the game, apart from opp player instructions when the AI changes formation or makes a substitution.

icon14.gif

just like what ricey says but i'm using version 2 at home and jazzfusions tactic away where you just seem to score from every corner

i thought i'd try something cos i was sick of losing by the loads or winning by the odd goal away from home

so i founnd jazz's tactic i must admit i only use it away cos version 2 of this one is so good just beat villa 4-1 with my boro team aswell very impressive peace icon_cool.gif

how does this tactic fair for a team like stockport in league 2?

cheers.

===================================================

Im using it in a net game with Plymouth mate, season 3 in league 1 and it fairs well.. i would say as long as you have a good amc and solid centre backs should do well, anyone noticed that the left sided amc gets alot more goals than the right one?? great tactics though was getting worried with the new patch but faith been restored! haha

Ricey icon_smile.gif

Tested this tactic exclusively for with Spurs in the 2nd season.

I used Vs 2 with no changes or tweaks at all.

Went very well winning the Prem, CL & Carling although I missed out on the FA Cup losing to Arse in the final icon_mad.gif.

I didnt find it bad defensively at all as I had the best defence in the League until the last game when I let in 5 playing all the reserves (saving players for the FA & CL finals with the Prem already won) icon_rolleyes.gif

Cant say it was bad away either with only Chelsea having a better away record.

tableva0.th.jpg

My squad wasn't as good as the top 4 either but as you can see Berbatov was lethal with this tactic (a goal a game) & Angel Di Maria, Aimar & Bresciano were superb as the AMC's.

statsim8.th.jpg

A great tactic & I enjoyed the style of play immensely.

TBH the results weren't that much better than my 1st season where I used a variety of tactics & tweaked like mad but the 2nd season is usually more difficult.

It gets a bit tedious & robotic doing those same oppo instructions every game but it works.

I guess it's oppo instructions versus constant tweaking.

Do others find the DMCs get poor ratings with this tactic?

Mine are not World Class but got plenty of tackles in & provided some assists & the odd goal but got lowish ratings in general, maybe this is just an anomly of the match engine?

Originally posted by teeyougee:

Unbeaten in 160 consecutive games so far with Arsenal using v1 still.

Kimz, I'll let you know when I finally lose a match.

make it 200+...... icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by paulinho:

Do others find the DMCs get poor ratings with this tactic?

Mine are not World Class but got plenty of tackles in & provided some assists & the odd goal but got lowish ratings in general, maybe this is just an anomly of the match engine?

me too...my DMC got a good rating only when they defending well or scoring or assisting...

hi kimz,

i'm trying your v2 tactic with Fiorentina.

seems to be no bad but i had some away problem.

i'm posting my team and i would appreciate your help to find the best team.

gk frey

dl vandenborre

dr sahko

dc breno

dc felipe

mc banega

mc m.johnson

amc left aaron

amc vela

amc right menez

fc balotelli/tamuz/saivet

Please could you give me some advise regarding my team?

thanks

Anyone had any problems with this tactic 2nd season? My first season with this was season 4 in the game (3rd in the Premiership), I am Norwich and was playing like Brazil, Bogdan Stancu banged in 50 goals and I lost 8 games all season, into the new season I am lucky if I am playing as well as Kings Lynn reserves, Stancu has turned into a crap Darren Bent... icon_eek.gif...and I am bottom of the league played 4 lost 4.

I really like this tactic and don't want to start the search all over again... icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teeyougee:

Unbeaten in 160 consecutive games so far with Arsenal using v1 still.

Kimz, I'll let you know when I finally lose a match.

make it 200+...... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I made it 183 matches unbeaten icon_biggrin.gif

I just lost 2-1 in the FA Cup Final against Liverpool. Torres scored a goal on the 84th minute, but he was offside. The FA remained silent when I was outraged about the goal being given.

Again - great tactic mate icon14.gif

i've been won in away games lately ....

i use Jinli away team instruction ....

awayteaminstructionstl7.jpg

here is te result of my team(liverpool) vs chelsea ....

recommendationmy1.jpg

as you can see ... i would really recomended mauro zarate(SCORING MACHINE) and rossi(LAST MINUTE HOPE)...

for the original liv player, yossi benayoun score a lot .... same with kewell ...

i kept insua , leto , bouzanis ...

youth : i buy zeefuik,wijnaldum,sakho,saivet .....

overal .... You Rock KIMZ

Originally posted by Andyh60:

Well it's clear people like this tactic, I'm doing pretty well with Cleons sheff U one but It'll be good to try another with this leading the way

I'm about to complete 3rd Season with Liverpool

Won league in 1st year, champions league in 2nd year (3rd in league) and now I hope to win league in 3rd year, 10 games left and 1 point behind Man U (who I lost 4-3 recently having been 3-1 up). Cerio

Sorry but i do want to test it but I'm doing "too well" with my current tactic etc. Won league in 3rd year just thru FA cup 3rd round tie in 4th year, 4 points top of prem and obviously in KO stages of champs league. I'll try it thru rest of FA cup run but I hope the squad dont get confused by the sudden changes?

Originally posted by serek:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

It gets a bit tedious & robotic doing those same oppo instructions every game but it works.

I don't see a difference in my results with or without OI. They are just a waste of time IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not for me, I've tested the same game with & without & they definitely help a lot IMO.

im using V1 home and away now and always do OI's as allows me to dominate the game... the left AMC is the one that gets most of my goals so ideally wants to be a AMC/FC natural wingers dont work, they key is the AMC in the centre as collects the ball from the 2 dmc's and spreads play.. if your a BIG team i recommend Luka Modric he is very good in this tactic... for smaller clubs peskar is a very good player with excellent creativity.

Originally posted by IMT:

Anyone had any problems with this tactic 2nd season? My first season with this was season 4 in the game (3rd in the Premiership), I am Norwich and was playing like Brazil, Bogdan Stancu banged in 50 goals and I lost 8 games all season, into the new season I am lucky if I am playing as well as Kings Lynn reserves, Stancu has turned into a crap Darren Bent... icon_eek.gif...and I am bottom of the league played 4 lost 4.

I really like this tactic and don't want to start the search all over again... icon_frown.gif

i think i need your save game to analize the 2nd season problem.....

please send me your save game to my email address...kimtatang@yahoo.com

hope i can fix it... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by riceybhoy:

im using V1 home and away now and always do OI's as allows me to dominate the game... the left AMC is the one that gets most of my goals so ideally wants to be a AMC/FC natural wingers dont work, they key is the AMC in the centre as collects the ball from the 2 dmc's and spreads play.. if your a BIG team i recommend Luka Modric he is very good in this tactic... for smaller clubs peskar is a very good player with excellent creativity.

recomended for left AMC :

- high finishing, long shot - the most important

- flair, composure, off the ball

hope it helps icon_wink.gif

Archived