More Punishment Options

Am I the only one who wants more ways to punish a player for constant yellow / red cards or discipline problems? For example I have a RB who has collected a whopping 15 yellow cards in 22 games this season, and 4 of them have been for giving away a penalty. I would like the option to be able to have a personal talk to him and warn him that if he continues to get cards and doesnt improve his behaviour he will be benched or even transfer listed. It seems all we can do is issue a warning or a fine which has no ramifications for players anyway. What do you guys think about adding more options?

Am I the only one who wants more ways to punish a player for constant yellow / red cards or discipline problems? For example I have a RB who has collected a whopping 15 yellow cards in 22 games this season, and 4 of them have been for giving away a penalty. I would like the option to be able to have a personal talk to him and warn him that if he continues to get cards and doesnt improve his behaviour he will be benched or even transfer listed. It seems all we can do is issue a warning or a fine which has no ramifications for players anyway. What do you guys think about adding more options?

Waterboarding FTW :thup:

I find it strange that a manager doesnt get the option to ban a player for a certain amount of time. I know I can rest him any time but you would get more of a disappointed parent feel if you punished him by banning him.

I remember having a player who skipped training twice in 2 months and all I could do was fine him. As he wasnt one of my first team players I really wanted to sack him just to make an example for my other players to follow but no I couldnt do that. Im sure that if a player skipped training twice in 2 months IRL then the manager would take a much firmer stance than dishing out a fine.

I would also like to see an option where you would be able to fine a player for no reason whatsoever. In this way, you can quickly get rid of the player if he does not want to move away from your club. I remember that in the old CM days, this option was available but I do not know why SI had to remove this option!

I also feel that this could be an area for further development,

My ideas -

1. Ability to set up a diciplinary model at the start of each season (thus avoiding "feel unfailry treated")

2. Breach of contract clause i.e 3 miss training once warning, miss a second time 2 week fine, miss a third time instant dismisal (or at least the option of)

3. One to one sessions with player after red cards in order to try and temper aggresion or arrange better training to avoid the same mistakes.

4. Ability for player/s to address you with concerns about management style. positive or negative.

Please feel free to comment fully on the above.

I like the idea of Contract clauses, that would be very interesting especially if your player has a history of problems. It would most likely have an effect on how the player behaves because he know that one stuff up could end his career.

I think this speaks to the whole player-manager relationship/communication issue-or lack thereof. Right now most of the options I have with dealing with a player, save for docking wages, is through the media. There's not much interaction I can choose from. It would be very much appreciated if there is a way I can keep everything "in-house", so to speak.

punish them for extra training.

I would like the oportunity like we have give rest day extra training session.

Mind you would be going to far what I was told once a manager did.

Ordered them in on sunday players had to cancel golf, going out etc poor things they do work hard. Manager turned up gave them the riot act told them why they where there as they spoiled his day he spoiling theres. Then proceeded to tell them to carry on training for couple hours and said he was going home for dinner and be with his family told them to stay and train. Apparantly he had spies who walked off said was not staying you can say had no future and was gone. Hell of a way to find bad apples in your squad.

Now that would be cracking way to fine players and learn mentality somehow I think it would be hard to do that sort of disipline.

+1 For the OP from me.

The punishment options need to be more refined, and not as 'limited' as they are now allowing us managers to be more relavant when we apply the appropriate punishment I would to be able to go to media comment and select something else. As apposed to:-

() Do nothing

() Issue a warning

() Fine x1 weeks wage

() Fine x2 weeks wages

For not turning up to training as one example, we might be able to choose.

() Do nothing

() Issue a warning

() Go ballistic

() Drop to bench

() Dropped to reserves ....etc...etc

+1 For the OP from me.

The punishment options need to be more refined, and not as 'limited' as they are now allowing us managers to be more relavant when we apply the appropriate punishment I would to be able to go to media comment and select something else.

Yes, definitely.

It's frustrating to have no power over players in this regard, especially as at the moment, you can only safely fine them for a straight red, and the incident then appears to be completely forgotten about afterwards. I mentioned on another thread that I had a player who got sent off three times in seven games and yet when I fined him after the third time, the entire squad got angry at his "unfair treatment".

And I echo the sentiment that it'd be nice to hear an opinion from SI themselves on this matter... but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm dead against pointless new features, but this would be a cracking new feature, while SI have been busy with press conferences, fan feedback and backroom staff advice(all pointless or not working) the fans of FM have come up with a golden egg that actually has some merits and would improve the game, are you listening to use SI!!!! Are you!!!!

i hated this when i first started the game - virtually my whole team would be taking it in turns throughout the season to be getting sent off or getting a collection of yellows.

BUT i found warning them the first time, fining them 1week the second and thirdly 2 weeks actually worked. Now third season in the only player i have problems with is esteban cambiasso (a fans favourite) and I would have sold him for continuting to muck around despite my wrath but he's 31, I'll just let him rot in the reserves as punishment

i hated this when i first started the game - virtually my whole team would be taking it in turns throughout the season to be getting sent off or getting a collection of yellows.

BUT i found warning them the first time, fining them 1week the second and thirdly 2 weeks actually worked. Now third season in the only player i have problems with is esteban cambiasso (a fans favourite) and I would have sold him for continuting to muck around despite my wrath but he's 31, I'll just let him rot in the reserves as punishment

Ive always used

Red (2 yellow) = Warning

Straight red = 1 week fine

Straight red for violent conduct = 2 week fine.

See table below... I can't see Sir Alex Ferguson or David Moyes saying to Scholes or Fallaini that if they are going to get more cards, they are going to be benched or sold.

Most teams always have a player that gets yellow carded more than most. :)

December 6, 2009

Rank Player Team Yellow Red Points

1 Paul Scholes Manchester United 5 1 7

2 Marouane Fellaini Everton 6 0 6

Michael Turner Sunderland 6 0 6

Kieran Richardson Sunderland 4 1 6

Jlloyd Samuel Bolton Wanderers 4 1 6

Jamie Carragher Liverpool 4 1 6

Scott Parker West Ham United 4 1 6

8 Hendry Thomas Wigan Athletic 5 0 5

Lorik Cana Sunderland 5 0 5

Phillip Bardsley Sunderland 5 0 5

Carlos Jimenez Cuellar Aston Villa 3 1 5

Nemanja Vidic Manchester United 3 1 5

Bernard Mendy Hull City 3 1 5

Kevin Davies Bolton Wanderers 5 0 5

Dean Whitehead Stoke City 5 0 5

Stiliyan Petrov Aston Villa 5 0 5

17 Stephen Carr Birmingham 4 0 4

Ryan Shawcross Stoke City 4 0 4

Fabrice Muamba Bolton Wanderers 4 0 4

Barry Ferguson Birmingham 2 1 4

Kevin-Prince Boateng Portsmouth 4 0 4

Martin Skrtel Liverpool 4 0 4

Alexandre Song Billong Arsenal 4 0 4

Julien Faubert West Ham United 4 0 4

Richard Stearman Wolverhampton Wanderers 4 0 4

Jamie O'Hara Portsmouth 4 0 4

Javier Mascherano Liverpool 2 1 4

Ashley Young Aston Villa 4 0 4

Tom Huddlestone Tottenham Hotspur 4 0 4

Aaron Mokoena Portsmouth 4 0 4

Didier Drogba Chelsea 4 0 4

Johnny Heitinga Everton 4 0 4

Sean Davis Bolton Wanderers 2 1 4

David Dunn Blackburn Rovers 4 0 4

Clarke Carlisle Burnley 4 0 4

Jermaine Jenas Tottenham Hotspur 4 0 4

Tim Cahill Everton 4 0 4

Tyrone Mears Burnley 4 0 4

Glenn Whelan Stoke City 4 0 4

Ricardo Fuller Stoke City 4 0 4

Michael Brown Portsmouth 2 1 4

English Premier League - Discipline

Thats like saying that if a guy goes out and punches a guy in the face and you fine him for it then the incident will be forgotten, im pretty sure that if a player did that he would receive a ban from the FA and also a club ban also.

Archived