the greatest ever striker you've found in any FM/your most memorable strikeforce

Can't remember his name, but mine was back in the day of true regens.

Well, three of them actually. Reincarnations of Jean-Pierre Papin, Marco van Basten, and Jurgen Klinsmann. Superb, dominated Europe for many a season.

In the same team I also had the regens of Lothar Matthaus and Paul Le Guen.

Sure there would've been more, but this must be going back to CM95 or something.

Untouchable we were.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well on FM08 I had loads of amazing strikers, heres some of them:

Bojan

bojan90goals.png

As you can see in that first season he was amazing, and as you can also see for the rest of the seaons he's been exceptional, He's now scored the most goals for tottenham and is 20 matches from playing for them the most. My favourite FM player of all time and have bought him on every game because of this.

Tomas Hernandez

tomashernandezlatest.png

A regen, with amazing attributes all 20's in the best places its a shame i stopped playing that save file otherwise he could of gone on to smash Bojan's record.

Andre Pierre Gignac

andrepierregignac69goal.png

Another favourite of mine, he was always a super sub for me so one season i tried to play him from the start, as you can see he was immense. I try to buy him on every save file, one of my favourites.

And this guy deserves a mention, FM09, one of the best strikers i've ever had:

Thorbjorn Norr

thorbjornnorr.png

Fantastic. Just scored so much! lots of them amazing long range shots, best regen i've ever had.

Hope you enjoyed looking at them, brought back some memories for me lol

bravo!

fantastic!

brilliant!

superb!

awesome!

i could never stop praising you...

....is this game still fun for you, by the way?

Yes, its still fun :D

Nepentheze's story is the best so far tho!

Imagine that! So many goals and still banging them in at his age!

Have you got a screenshot from the champions' league victory?

Is this fm2010?

Are there many decent regens on the game by that stage or is the quality quite poor generally?

Its FM08. The quality is ok. They're nothing like the players of Gerrard / Fabregas quality, but they have attributes in all the key areas. I have a screenie for the CL Victory. I'll put them up in a second.

Nep = biggest attention seeker ever on here (noobs in OTF apart)

And my best strike force was Vela & Pato in 07.

Why am I attention seeking? I'm just answering the OP. Its not my fault you can't do something like this.

Kerrison [Age 35] (FM09)

Manager : Santy001

Club : Stoke

League : English Premiership

Nation : Brazil (103 Caps, 219 Goals)

Total Goals : 1,946

The best striker I've ever had on any football management game, and my only claim to being remotely close to Nepenthez's Smylie - would have loved to have had a player like Keirrison in Nep's tactic at Knockbreda though... on paper he would have blown Smylie out of the water lol.

Yeah, Kerrison is the man :D - Definitely would have gone on to 3,500 - 4,000 goals in my Knockbreda save. What you've done with him anyway, is nothing short of amazing.

On 97/98 I bought Fabio Vignaroli for MAn Utd for £1m off Como, was a brilliant striker (20 finishing) but with a bad rep, only played once for Italy U-21s despite being a 30 goal a season man for the best team in the world for 10 years. The best bit was that because of his rep nobody was ever even close to being interested in him, and his wages never went over £2k a week.

This guy, who basically just beat the crap out of the Premier League every year I had him

3675510561_059b1b44ea_b.jpg

along with signing this guy:

4164112530_abf693a91a_b.jpg

right after I saw his 40 goals on the year and the fact that he single-handedly got Ipswich into the Europa League.

EDIT: neither of those are them at their prime, either. There are no words to describe how amazingly those two worked together.

Keirrson in FM 09 signed him for QPR, outstanding goal scoring record (scored more than he played every season:))

In CM 02/03 (On the Xbox) Cherno Samba, he just became outstandingly good and was probs the best player in the game. I wonder where he is now

A combination of many things, (A good tactic being one) - But ultimately - He plays for Knockbreda, 1 of 5 Pro Clubs in a 3 tier league system. I'm dominant, have won 38 consecutive league titles, and he's pretty awesome for my league, pretty much.

Man that must be boring! I would have stopped after like the 3rd consecutive title.

On cm 99/00 (i think) Tonton Zola Moukoko was immense and would score tons from the outset. I used to get him for my Rangers saves and he would just destroy everyone in sight.

Also Jonas Lunden and Zlatan Ibrahimovic were pretty good also.

In FM07, at Rosenborg between the years of 2024 and 2026, I had a Strike-Force consisting of an Icelandic striker, a Norwegian striker, and a South-Korean AM C (all regens).

In 2025, their scoring stats were:

Icelandic ST - 47 goals in 30 appearances

Norwegian ST - 32 goals in 34 appearances

South-Korean AM C - 19 goals in 32 appearances, as well as 27 assists.

Of course, the two wingers were also partially responsible for the prolific scores. I won the Norwegian league in 2025 with no losses and only three draws, and beat Arsenal (in my 1000th game) in the Champion's League. Epic season.

I won the champions league two years in a row (24 and 25).

The Icelandic guy was sold in 2026 for 46 million quid (nice bit of business, since I bought him for 12)

The Norwegian was sold in the same year for 38 million.

And the Korean AM C stayed on, eventually retiring at 37 after 18 years (and 2 Champion's League titles) at the club, and an overall rating of 7.50. Even in his last season, he played 23, scored 4, and contributed 12 assists.

Nepenthez - 3 european cups! that's pretty good for a lowly club!

It's a shame the regens aren't of the same quality as the players originally in the game because that should be relatively easy to accomplish and would give the game long-term playability.

Abadoulaye Die and Cosmin Oprea were my best ever striker partnership.

I signed them both as 15 year-olds for a total of £500,000 for my Fakel Voronezh team. Die promptly scored over 150 goals in one season for my youth team and Oprea wasn't far behind. They both progressed to the first team not long after and won World Player of the Year in consecutive seasons.

Man that must be boring! I would have stopped after like the 3rd consecutive title.

I've always had other goals. First, to win the Champs League, which I've done. Now, I want to win back to back Champions League titles. I also want to become the manager of N. Ireland too, but the current guy has been there for about 30 years :D

Nepenthez - 3 european cups! that's pretty good for a lowly club!

It's a shame the regens aren't of the same quality as the players originally in the game because that should be relatively easy to accomplish and would give the game long-term playability.

Yeah, its a nice achievment :D - The regens aren't really a problem in my eyes, because the playing field is still pretty even. The best players in the world are still very easily distinguishable from the good players.

my best ever strike froce was on fm09 for peterborough, i had davide petrucci playing a free role in a forward position with john fleck next to him they would get 50 goals a season at least between them in all comps , mind you the midfield help'd as-well delph right, mohammed sissoko and fernando gago centre and ander left, each midfield would get 10-15 assists a season and about 30 goals a season between the four of them:D

My Best strike force was on FM07 with Lukas Podolski and Daniel Sturridge at Barcelona. They scored about 50 goals each in 3 consecutive seasons. My greatest ever striker was on FM08, a South African regen called Shaun Skhosana. He scored about 190 league goals in 8 seasons and I signed him on a free.

has to be players from the days of CM, 99/00 I had Andri Sigporsson for first Valladoid and then Real Madrid.

Also in CM97/98 had a regen for Barcelona called Alex Mbeah, was Liberian so might have been George Weah. Think I got him from that fountain of talent that was Minor Club FC for a couple of grand, best season he scored 57 goals in 57 games

I'm currently loving the partnership between Willy Topp and Steven Fletcher in FM 2010. Currently in Championship, Topp has scored 32 in 34 apps and Fletcher has scored 19 and 18 assists in 33 apps in a support role.

Also in FM 2010 the partnership between Pato and Paloschi. Paloschi banged loads for fun, and Pato supporting him with assists.

In FM 2007 i had Alan Smith at A.C Milan. My chairman bought him, and i thought it was a bad idea, but for 3 seasons scored 30+ per season.

In FM 2006 i remember having Darren Bent for my Charlton side. Single-handedly managed to promote my team from League One to Premier in 2 seasons.

One of the most memorable strikeforces I had was with Palermo on FM08 - I had Amauri (41 goals in all competitions) and Vincenzo Iaquinta (19) as my first choice strikers, with a trio of attacking midfielders supporting them in the shape of Wesley Sneijder (7 goals/5 assists in half a season), Matías Fernández (17 goals/17 assists in full season) and Andrés D'Alessandro (10 goals/31 assists in full season). Edison Cavani got 13 goals from the bench as well. This strikeforce helped us win Serie A with a goals for column that read 105, and a goal difference of +65! Even one of my centre-backs (Guglielmo Stendardo) scored 12 goals that season thanks to the corner tactic/bug/cheat/whatever-you-want-to-call-it that was present in that game.

That save was great, because I got of my first choice players on the cheap from Roma, because they kept buying quality players (such as Fernández and Sneijder) and hardly played them!

Well, this is old, but Im playing it along new FMs versions...as you see Im not THAT advanced, just 2009, and it says that he came out from Astheras in 01-02, so, no regen?, but I have never seen him in my hundreds of seasons playing CM 01-02. But there is some strange things with greek guys, along Alexandros they have another super stars, you gonna se them here despiting is not thread related.

Alexandros:

alexandros.jpg

Career:

alexhist.jpg

My team:

teamb.jpg

My most memorable strikeforce was certainly my Torino strikeforce from FM05. I essentially played a 4-2-4, with Cassano wide left, Miccoli wide right, and Gilardino and ... oh bollocks, I've forgotten (not so "memorable" after all!), but somebody else in the centre. It was an absolutely unstoppable quartet.

Best ever Striker, CM 01/02:

- Guiseppe Manco - Still hold my record for most goals in a season, he got 92 in one season with his lowest return in 8 seasons being 41. He was on the game at the start but by chance he had almost perfect stats across the board and destroyed the opposition. I noticed him when he scored 50 in 45 for Celtic one season, I promtly paid £20m for him.

Best ever Strike Partnership, CM 01/02:

- Shevchenko & Van Nistolrooy (Man Utd) - Got me 115 odd goals one season and would rarely fail to get me less than 40 each a season. Only Manco (above) eventually knocked Shev out of the team.

Best ever Striker on FM2010:

- Oscar Carrasco - He is a regen and I play him as a lone striker on my Leeds save. He scores a goal a gamre and is a great striker. He is Club Captin and Peru Captin at the age of 21.

Here is a screenshot of him: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mcpwec&s=6

This is about 1 and half years ago. His Off the Ball is now 16 and all his other stats have increased by an average of about 2. An absolute beast.

The other greek guys:

That brings back mermories! Absolutely, stupidly amazing players!

You could have an all Greek side and become the best team on the game. You also had Dinos Charesteas (Sp?, I think he started at Aris?) who was nealy as good as Papadopolus and there was a Right Back as well, can't remember his name (It begins with F). Then you had Kostos Mendrinos (sp?) a Right Midfielder from Olymipikos and the Keeper Dinos Choistis (sp?) from AEK who was also awesome. You could also pick up Dellas for about £2.5m from Roma and he was amazing (although alot older) as well. Kaftes the CM wasn't bad either.

I'll shut up now. :)

Wow. There have been so many through the years. My absolute fav would have to be the legendary To Madeira :)

Runners-up - Andri Sigporsson, Orry Oskarsson, Skalidis.

If we're talking regen's I would have to say a striker I had at Fiorentina in 2023 called Bernd Muller. He was an absolute beast and would always score.

My best striker was back on CM03/04 when during my 34 season game at Man Utd I was looking for a new striker following a £50M flop (scored a hat trick on his debut against chelsea, but did not score again until christmas!).

I wanted to go English as I had decided to try and make my squad the actual england squad. None of the current England strikers interested me but then I cast my eye to the Championship.

I forget the regens name now, Scott something. He played for Exeter City. Fantastic physical stats and generally looked awesome at the age of 24. As I had been winning everything with United, this was aropund 25 seasons in, and I had a tiny transfer budget of £1.3billion.

Yes I said billion.

I wanted this striker. Badly. Valued at £13M if memory serves

£20M - rejected

£30M - rejected

£50M - Rejected. Now passing the flop's price. I still want this player

Eventually they accepot a £137M offer. OUCH! But I wanted him bad enough that I stuck to my guns and signed him.

And he was worth every penny. 42 goals on his debut season. Single handedly giving me back the Premiership following me losing it for the first time in the save game history... to Cardiff City!

He went on to just dominate my squad right until the ripe old age of 33 before I moved onto FM. Not long after playing FM I discovered Genie Scout. Intrigued I looked up my player and his PA was only 176.

Just goes to show that PA is not everything, merely just the distribution of the stats :)

In the same save early on, I had an amazing left winger regen come from my own squad who following an injury crisis I was forced to hand a debut at age 16. He knocked in two, very nearly getting a hat trick. Stat's did not look too impressive at the time but as I continued to play him, they sky rocketted and went on to play for me right until he retired, rarely succombing to injury.

I still think back to my little regen and smile.

Such a sad arse that I am!

• 3 months later...

Quick update on Austin Ahmed. Just finished the 2026/27 season and he reached the landmark of 40 premier leauge goals. At 29 is still going strong. He's around 40 goals away from becoming Liverpools all time league goal scorer, a record still held by Roger Hunt at 245 and was one away from Hunt's record of 41 league goals in a season for Liverpool, but of course Hunt set his records in an era where more league games were played but Ahmed has still managed to hit over 30 league goals for 6 years in a row since i signed him:

57944797.png

His overall record at Liverpool is 342 goals in 341 games:

64699276.png

The Best Striker i have ever had on CM/FM is Chris Higgins, the Regen i currently have on my FM10 Spurs Save,

He is currently trying to complete The Danny Roberts Challenge on the CSE Forum

He is 23 and so far has 609 goals in 420 Career games including internationals,

He also hit 120 goals in a season at 21

Below is his career so far, not including the current season

[url="http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6576/chrishiggins.png"][color=#0066cc]2010[/color][/url] - Higgins @ 16yrs old,

[b][u]Tottenham[/u][/b]
          Games      Goals     Assists    MOM    GPG    Av. Rating   Age
[url="http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/655/chrishiggins2.png"][color=#800080]2010/11[/color][/url]     25(8)       23         10        8    0.69      7.55      16
[url="http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/236/14chrishiggins.png"][color=#0066cc]2011/12[/color][/url]     48(4)       49         15       15    0.94      7.87      17      
[url="http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8616/14chrishiggins2.png"][color=#0066cc]2012/13[/color][/url]     46(1)       60         26       19    1.28      8.28      18
[url="http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/236/14chrishiggins.png"][color=#0066cc]2013/14[/color][/url]     56(3)       86         19       27    1.46      8.26      19
[url="http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8616/14chrishiggins2.png"][color=#0066cc]2014/15[/color][/url]     53          64         24       24    1.21      8.26      20 
[url="http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/53/14chrishiggins3.png"][color=#800080]2015/16[/color][/url]     56         120         36       37    2.14      8.97      21 
[url="http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5320/14chrishiggins5.png"][color=#0066cc]2016/17[/color][/url]     55          98         38       37    1.80      8.89      22

Total      339(16)     500        168      167    1.41

[b][u]England[/u][/b]
[color=black]2011/12[/color]      1           0          0        0    0         5.70      17
2012/13      8           8          6        2    1.00      8.27      18  
2013/14      6(2)        7          5        1    1.00      8.17      19 
2014/15      9(1)       12          5        6    1.20      8.53      20
2015/16     11          20         10        9    1.82      9.07      21
2016/17     10          25          9        7    2.50      9.10      22

Total       45(3)       72         35       25    1.50

[b][u]Career Total[/u][/b]
          Games      Goals     Assists    MOM    GPG   
          384(19)     572        203      192    1.42

The Best Striker i have ever had on CM/FM is Chris Higgins, the Regen i currently have on my FM10 Spurs Save,

He is currently trying to complete The Danny Roberts Challenge on the CSE Forum

He is 23 and so far has 609 goals in 420 Career games including internationals,

He also hit 120 goals in a season at 21

Below is his career so far, not including the current season

[url="http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6576/chrishiggins.png"][color=#0066cc]2010[/color][/url] - Higgins @ 16yrs old,

[b][u]Tottenham[/u][/b]
[url="http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/655/chrishiggins2.png"][color=#800080]2010/11[/color][/url]     25(8)       23         10        8    0.69      7.55      16
[url="http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/236/14chrishiggins.png"][color=#0066cc]2011/12[/color][/url]     48(4)       49         15       15    0.94      7.87      17      
[url="http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8616/14chrishiggins2.png"][color=#0066cc]2012/13[/color][/url]     46(1)       60         26       19    1.28      8.28      18
[url="http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/236/14chrishiggins.png"][color=#0066cc]2013/14[/color][/url]     56(3)       86         19       27    1.46      8.26      19
[url="http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8616/14chrishiggins2.png"][color=#0066cc]2014/15[/color][/url]     53          64         24       24    1.21      8.26      20 
[url="http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/53/14chrishiggins3.png"][color=#800080]2015/16[/color][/url]     56         120         36       37    2.14      8.97      21 
[url="http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5320/14chrishiggins5.png"][color=#0066cc]2016/17[/color][/url]     55          98         38       37    1.80      8.89      22

Total      339(16)     500        168      167    1.41

[b][u]England[/u][/b]
[color=black]2011/12[/color]      1           0          0        0    0         5.70      17
2012/13      8           8          6        2    1.00      8.27      18  
2013/14      6(2)        7          5        1    1.00      8.17      19 
2014/15      9(1)       12          5        6    1.20      8.53      20
2015/16     11          20         10        9    1.82      9.07      21
2016/17     10          25          9        7    2.50      9.10      22

Total       45(3)       72         35       25    1.50

[b][u]Career Total[/u][/b]
          Games      Goals     Assists    MOM    GPG   
          384(19)     572        203      192    1.42

Can i ask what tactic do you employ?

Can i ask what tactic do you employ?

I use a 442, but with AMR and AML instead of MR and ML,

It is a tweaked version of my Typhon Tactic posted in the Tactics and Training Forum,

It is set up to ensure that Higgins gets the Majority of the chances for the team,

And he is very good at taking them :D

He wont get near Neps Smylie but he is still pretty sensational for the Premiership

Archived