has anyone found any genuine regens?

I have noticed quite a few people most pics of alleged 'regens,'

If you look at the date of birth and the year, you can see quite easily these are not regens but rather young players who were in the game in 2009-2010.

So has anyone got any genuine regens?

Secondly, why do the young players hardly develop from ages 14 to 21?

They remain stuck on useless stats, despite having great potential ability, good coaching and first team action.

In fact, as some are reporting, within a few years, there are hardly any great or even very good players left to purchase.

In other words, the game can't be played for more than 4 or 5 seasons with any realism.

Now before people queue up to moan about my criticism, let's see some evidence.

Let's see some players in 2020 that look good. Someone must be there by now.

I have noticed quite a few people most pics of alleged 'regens,'

If you look at the date of birth and the year, you can see quite easily these are not regens but rather young players who were in the game in 2009-2010.

So has anyone got any genuine regens?

Secondly, why do the young players hardly develop from ages 14 to 21?

They remain stuck on useless stats, despite having great potential ability, good coaching and first team action.

In fact, as some are reporting, within a few years, there are hardly any great or even very good players left to purchase.

In other words, the game can't be played for more than 4 or 5 seasons with any realism.

Now before people queue up to moan about my criticism, let's see some evidence.

Let's see some players in 2020 that look good. Someone must be there by now.

What the fail?!

Genuine? Any player with a generated face was made entirely by the game and is hence a regen.

I'll just plonk up the regens in my side for ya mate, the season is 2015-16: Regens

Also, do yourself a favour. If you want to see if these are "genuine" regens, search them in your database.

Only a few more seasons to 2020 and I've personally got some good regens. Can't wait to see how Gillett and Williams (who has basically been tipped by my coaches to become a legend) develope. Not to mention the polish on Yildiz, Zubov, Zamani and Guga and the further developement of Yahi and such.

What the fail?!

Genuine? Any player with a generated face was made entirely by the game and is hence a regen.

I'll just plonk up the regens in my side for ya mate, the season is 2015-16: Regens

Also, do yourself a favour. If you want to see if these are "genuine" regens, search them in your database.

Only a few more seasons to 2020 and I've personally got some good regens. Can't wait to see how Gillett and Williams (who has basically been tipped by my coaches to become a legend) develope. Not to mention the polish on Yildiz, Zubov, Zamani and Guga and the further developement of Yahi and such.

I too have noticed that young players with great potential dont progress much, no matter what coaching you give them

How have you been trying to develope them. Mine seem to be developing...

Yes ive been trying to develope them. for instance i bought machaeda when he was 18. he is no 21 n his stats are the same? ive also notice young players in other teams just staying the same

How have you been trying to "develope" them, just seems like you're stating that you're "developing" them. That could mean anything from sending them on loan to the use of Horse Plecenta these days.

I had one player like that, but the rest seem to be developing nicely.

In my opinion:

- Keep them in U18 (or whatever your youth team is) until they're 17/18. Ensure they have good training schedules, but at this time in their career I'd say it's more important they develop as a whole, and focus on becoming a well-rounded player, rather than to excel in their position

- If they're a top prospect, possibly at 17 look to loan them out to someone a few divisions below (maybe L1/L2 or the equivalent of). Don't loan them to someone too high up the pyramid.

- If you choose to keep them, or while waiting for offers: play them in cup games, put them on the subs bench, give them the occasional start in low pressure/unimportant games.

- If they're good, but not world class potential or a wonderkid keep them in the youth team until they're 18, then look to loan them out to a lower team. If they're not good enough to come near the first team, you'd be wasting your time playing them. Usually by 18/19 you can tell if someone is ready or not.

- Once they're in the first team squad, make their training more intensive and make them train with the first team and feel part of the squad. Here focus on training them specifically to be a top player for their position.

- It is essential to avoid burnout. Some players may excel if dropped in at the deep end, but be careful. Monitor their performances closely. If they look to be suffering from nerves, try to mentor them. Give them a player to learn from, and be supportive in your management. Try to ease them in and out of the team, and make it clear that they're a player very much in your plans for the future.

- If they get injured, ensure they recover properly and have more than enough time out. Do not try to over do their physical training to try and get them back to fitness - they're young, and assuming they're not very unfit naturally, they should recover very well.

- If they're an understudy to a player in the first team, it could be a good idea to get the two players to work together in training. When developing a player, it's important that both you and the player know what is wanted in terms of their development, and how you see them being used in future.

Anyone got anything to add/contest?

My usual method includes...

Playing them! That and tutoring them.

Basically, if their good enough, they're old enough. I just make sure they don't play too much when they're young. Jimmy Williams has been doing wonders in the first team despite the fact he looks like complete **** on paper! He's developing though.

Simon Gillett the next into the firing line. He's made one cup appearance and I've just subbed him, we're 1-0 up against Chelsea in the 65th minute, but my main striker (Zubov) isn't firing today. 2 offside goals though. Let's see how the kid does (He's in here, near the bottom).

It depends on what leagues you load and the size of database you are using. If you have a small database or not very many leagues loaded it is unlikely you will be able to play a long term game because there won't be enough good newgens produced.

Well that's ridiculous. It says i am meant to use just 3 leagues. As it happens, I'm using 2 - england and italy. I am also using a medium database.

Now if the game cannot be played with a medium database and only 2 leagues, it should say that somewhere in the instructions.

Well that's ridiculous. It says i am meant to use just 3 leagues. As it happens, I'm using 2 - england and italy. I am also using a medium database.

Now if the game cannot be played with a medium database and only 2 leagues, it should say that somewhere in the instructions.

IT can be played, but the quality of players will fall. most people who play long term game shave figured this out by now.

As it happens, I am doing all you suggest above, Hershie. I agree completely and that is the approach I am taking.

However, I have noticed 15 year old players with moderate stats and great potential are not actually developing. A number of others have also noticed this. And this is despite excellent coaching, excellent youth coaching, and lots of loans.

The stats just don't move much at all. In my opinion, the stats are hardly moving and so the only players who become great are those amazing players at 15 or 16. Those who could have become very good rather than great do not because their stats don't move.

I echo the sentiment re: macheda above. I considered signing him but pulled out and observed his development. His stats didn't improve over 4 years at man utd. Neither did the stats on my excellent young players.

One player at 15 was described as "one of the best prospects of his generation" at 15 and he has hardly developed at all.

There is YET ANOTHER bug in this half-finished farce of a game.

To make matters worse, I have selected 2 leagues and medium database some people are saying this will render the longterm game very unrealistic. SI need to learn how to test their games before releasing them. It's farcical how many bugs and problems are present in this game.

IT can be played, but the quality of players will fall. most people who play long term game shave figured this out by now.

yeah i have noticed that over the years and I'll tell you why:

The muppets from SI don't test the game longitudinally over 10-15 seasons.

Here's the reason they don't:

a) they only care about game reviews and they know most reviewers will only play 1-2 seasons

b) they don't give a damn about paying customers, which is why they released a game that crashes constantly for most people and which is full of bugs

c) both of the above.

I mean, how difficult can it be to create a game in which the generation of new players follows a reasonably realistic path? It can't be that difficult!

If you noticed it why yhe hell didn't you run more than 2 leagues? Sounds like its your fault not SIs.

Because SI have provided a clear warning sign for us that says regen will be severely effected if you dont run X many leagues haven't they.

Tool.

I've seen plenty of regens developing very nicely in my game. Most of mine are developing at exactly the rate I hoped for, whilst one I had little hope for is starting to suprise me. I do have one player who was tipped to be one of the best players of his generation who isn't developing that well, but that's not exactly unrealistic. What's more is that the AI seems to be capable of developing regens now.

yeah well they shouldn't be rare, regardless of how many leagues you run. It's ridiculous!

If you play 2 leagues, the game should perform just as well as if you run 7 leagues.

Doesn't that make logical sense to anyone?

Agreed also with the person who bemoaned the lack of a clear 'warning' by SI re: lack of quality of game long-term when running fewer leagues.

In fact, the system advised me to run 3 leagues or less - which is the contrary of what the 'tool' above suggested.

So I repeat myself - how hard can it be to ensure a reasonable number of regens come into the game? Answer: it's not that hard, if SI give a damn.

yeah well they shouldn't be rare.

Truly world-class players should be very rare.

Personally, I find that of the best parts of FM is searching for the next big star. If every player that came through my academy was a star it would be boring and unrealistic. Im playing a medium db with three leagues loaded and have found plenty of high quality guys. Look through under-21's and create a filter that shows what you believe to be key attributes and search team by team, league by league. You have to put in a bit of effort but it's worth it.

You not being able to find good players can hardly be described as a bug. Let's call lack of patience or poor scouting.

yeah i have noticed that over the years and I'll tell you why:

The muppets from SI don't test the game longitudinally over 10-15 seasons.

Here's the reason they don't:

a) they only care about game reviews and they know most reviewers will only play 1-2 seasons

b) they don't give a damn about paying customers, which is why they released a game that crashes constantly for most people and which is full of bugs

c) both of the above.

I mean, how difficult can it be to create a game in which the generation of new players follows a reasonably realistic path? It can't be that difficult!

I don't have much to say to this other than you're talking out of your arse.

In response to your 'points' find me another development team who puts in the effort that SI does, or listens to their customers as much as SI does, do EA do it? Do Eidos? If so, i stand corrected, but somehow i very much doubt it.

The game isn't perfect no, it never will be, no game is. It is however the closest we have to a lifelike sim atm. Instead of just openly criticising SI why don't you try to come up with some reasoned, intellectual arguments and suggestions?

To graemeS: I've been reading many of the posts you have been posting recently and they are all pretty similar in the fact that you are criticizing SI without offering much constructive criticism. Would it not be more helpful to SI if you did a bit of research and post the results to back up all your criticisms and give some ideas as to what you think they could be done to improve the game rather than ranting about how SI don't care about the game just as long as they sell.

You might say that it is SI who make the game and they should have tested all the possibilities but you have to remember that there are an awful lot of permutations when you consider the number of leagues, the size of database and the number of players retained.

I don't think its the number of good regens that's the problem, it's the fact that some regens don't have the attributes you might expect. There can always be improvements in this aspect in this area of the game but the way that I look at it is that it is the same situation for the AI so it is a level playing field. I don't see how this would make the game unplayable but that is for people to decide for themselves. It's all about opinions so it is impossible to please everyone all of the time.

Well that's my opinion on the regen issue, any comments that dis/agree are welcome and hopefully there can be a proper discussion rather than just ranting.

The OP does have a fair point. While those newgens *are* real, their average CA/PA is higher when they're being created during the first year. Just have a look through the regen thread and compare the regens that are created later in the game to those who are 17/18 by 2010.

IIRC someone explained it as being a result of ticking "add key staff" on game creation, resulting in the the team with relatively small u18 and reserve squads getting regens to fill them with some of them being too good.

Maybe someone could do some testing?

Yes, those last 3 screenshots look in no way suspicious, as though you've just added players with 20 in all positions with an editor.

Actually, I started a game with the Brazilian quickstart in the FM10 demo and all the players and coaches were like that... just rows of the same number, so it doesn't look too suspicious to me, though I know what you mean. :)

Yes, those last 3 screenshots look in no way suspicious, as though you've just added players with 20 in all positions with an editor.

I do know what you mean, but that isn't what happened. Why would I need to cheat anyway when at this point I have won every trophy possible for St. Blazey?

One of the biggest problems with regens this year is that they're very focused in on a few attributes. I'm in 2017, and when I do a search and want players with several attributes at a reasonable level, all I can find are 26+ year olds.

From looking at regens, most seem to have very very good technical and physical attributes, but they're nearly always horribly flawed in the mental department. It's not uncommon for the best young players in the world (in 2017) to have decisions at 5 or Off the ball at 7. This is somewhat disturbing.

1) Do you think loading the english league from league 2 to premiership; the top two leagues of both Spain and Italy; and the top league only of France, holland, Germany and Portugal will give me good regens? I know a lot of people go into eastern Europe and south America.

2) also for you personally which leagues do you run mainly for having regens with no intention to manage there? I only just started a new save so if the above question means I won't get many good ones, I'd like to know from the long game players where quality comes from mainly.

Hmmm... I'm actually not sure if it matters if a league is active or not.

Some of the best regens I've seen are from leagues that aren't active so far.

Zubov, Tikhonov and such (my best players) were from the Ukrainian and Russian Leagues and yet they're not active.

However, Australia are producing rubbish players and that is one of the few leagues I have active.

Actually I think regens mainly made retained nations or clubs area... For making up retired players... And also I think If Germany file and Japan file were it's place usually Germany and Japan creating some regens... And If Germany and Japan use real players they creating less regens...

Whats the determination stat and personality of the players that dont improve, greameS?

Last year on fm09 whether players improved was mostly down to their hidden professionalism stat., i assume it the same on fm10

this is why tutoring can be so important, also playing time make a huge difference, a player can improve a lot with game time or a good tutoring experience even when in their early 20's

St Blazey are a level 10 side, right? You're in 2021/22. It doesn't add up. You'd have to get successive promotions every year, qualify for the Champions League in your first season, win it in your second, and win the CWC and Super Cup afterwards. Nigh on impossible.

St Blazey are a level 10 side, right? You're in 2021/22. It doesn't add up. You'd have to get successive promotions every year, qualify for the Champions League in your first season, win it in your second, and win the CWC and Super Cup afterwards. Nigh on impossible.

Where there is impossible there is a little thing called FMRTE

Last year on fm09 whether players improved was mostly down to their hidden professionalism stat., i assume it the same on fm10

this is why tutoring can be so important, also playing time make a huge difference, a player can improve a lot with game time or a good tutoring experience even when in their early 20's

True, to a degree. Its Determination, Professionalism and Ambition that mainly affects the speed that a players increase their CA which is gained trough playing games. Work rate probably has an effect also. But, just playing games is not enough, they need to play well, therefore its not suitable to play a 16 yo in your first team if he is not good enough.

And as to why I was asking for his players personalities, its becuase professionalsim and ambition are displayed through personalities if you are not using a 3rd party tool.

Personally ive seen plenty of good regens. And i enjoy searching for them. 2014 and in my newcastle side i have about 5 regens who will move into the first team in a few years, and 2 of these seem to have attributes increasing rapidly each month (1 american and 1 egyptian). On top of that ive seen plenty of other good regens lying around, and its already got to the stage where some are playing in their national teams, or are too expensive for my team.

I dont think its much of a problem, although you do get a fair few with poor mental attributes. It does seem to be harder than ever to find world class regens, but i havnt noticed a huge problem.

Archived