You know you are addicted to football manager when............

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Bulla:

you read evey post in the forum and think OMG ive done that

yep just read through 6 pages and thought that,

when a club signs a little known player IRL and you go on FM and check weather hes any good so you can sign him for your ow team.

when you fall in love with your top scorer, even though irl he plays for the club you support mosts hated rival

When you've turned off fm 3 hours ago because you have to be up fo work at 7 then just say i'll jsut check the forum for a minute and are still awake and the missus wont be pleased ah well same old same old

Originally posted by FestyF:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danjosfra:

...you start employing time wasting tactics with an hour left of work.

Hahahahahahah............so true. I do this too. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, I do the same, I even have a power nap as well, just to make the time go faster.

Originally posted by happy slappy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FestyF:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danjosfra:

...you start employing time wasting tactics with an hour left of work.

Hahahahahahah............so true. I do this too. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, I do the same, I even have a power nap as well, just to make the time go faster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you please tell your secret of power nap with me so that I can use it as well? icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by BamaToon:

You leave the game running all night, getting out of bed periodically to check and see if there are any messages that need your attention, and only turn it off because you have to leave for work.

That's completely going insane mate. icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by FestyF:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BamaToon:

You leave the game running all night, getting out of bed periodically to check and see if there are any messages that need your attention, and only turn it off because you have to leave for work.

That's completely going insane mate. icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I wonder why I'm too tired to get up for work and end up being late at least once a week.

And TheFuzzyOne, I have done that too. Skipped work just to play FM.

when a club signs a little known player IRL and you go on FM and check weather hes any good so you can sign him for your ow team.

After I'd heard he had died in a car crash, I signed Michael Maidens for my Redditch team. That's very, very creepy of me.

When you turn round and scream at your sleeping girlfriend *That wasn't f**king offside linesman. F**k Off!!!!!!!!* Then push over the only lamp that lights the room and smash it. (Happened 10mins ago)

You can't be that addicted if you still have your girlfriend icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by canvey!!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When you turn round and scream at your sleeping girlfriend *That wasn't f**king offside linesman. F**k Off!!!!!!!!* Then push over the only lamp that lights the room and smash it. (Happened 10mins ago)

You can't be that addicted if you still have your girlfriend icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I say girlfriend but what I mean is a person made out of coat hangers who I call my girlfriend icon_razz.gif

superb topic!

have visited the forums loads but this is my first post

1. bought an extra 1GB of ram for my girlfriends laptop the week fm08 came out to reduce waiting time

2. get mixed up with RL and FM (thought fulham had gone down and not reading)

3. have been late picking girlfriend up from work ("i'll just play until the transfer window closes") then blamed my lateness on traffic

4. read these forums while i'm in work because i can't play FM

5. got a grade D in my IT coureswork because i did it all last minute. my estimated grade was a B but i'd spent my time playing CM4 and getting doncaster to dominate europe

6. been accused of acting like "a heroin addict" on my days off work because i don't get dressed, don't eat, don't open the curtains, don't do anything on my to-do list except play FM

7. during FM world cups and the euros i watch certain matches and pretend the BBC have hired me as a pundit for the tournament...

my name is matt and i'm an FMaholic, the first step is admitting you have a problem icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by mattholmes:

superb topic!

have visited the forums loads but this is my first post

1. bought an extra 1GB of ram for my girlfriends laptop the week fm08 came out to reduce waiting time

2. get mixed up with RL and FM (thought fulham had gone down and not reading)

3. have been late picking girlfriend up from work ("i'll just play until the transfer window closes") then blamed my lateness on traffic

4. read these forums while i'm in work because i can't play FM

5. got a grade D in my IT coureswork because i did it all last minute. my estimated grade was a B but i'd spent my time playing CM4 and getting doncaster to dominate europe

6. been accused of acting like "a heroin addict" on my days off work because i don't get dressed, don't eat, don't open the curtains, don't do anything on my to-do list except play FM

7. during FM world cups and the euros i watch certain matches and pretend the BBC have hired me as a pundit for the tournament...

my name is matt and i'm an FMaholic, the first step is admitting you have a problem icon_wink.gif

Hi, my name is Lee and I'm an FMaholic. I want to fight the addiction but it's too damn good to give up icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by BamaToon:

You sit at work all day doing nothing but browsing the forums and/or daydreaming about your awesome new signings/formation that will help you in your next derby/cup match/playoff.

This had just happened to me for the last 8 hours in office icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by chengharry:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BamaToon:

You sit at work all day doing nothing but browsing the forums and/or daydreaming about your awesome new signings/formation that will help you in your next derby/cup match/playoff.

This had just happened to me for the last 8 hours in office icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's happening to me right now. Only 6 more hours and I can go home and play some more FM...

Great tactic, make her think you're just being nice to her icon_smile.gif

When you're about to fly to America so will be away from my FM game for two weeks, you buy a PSP and FM Handheld just so you don't have to go without.

When yu feel the need to bump someone else's thread cause yu like it so much =D

p.s Neji, I would have bought a laptop rather than PSP with handheld because then you could have imported your save from home, carrying it on while abroad. I know it's more expensive but it's worth it for FM.

Alternatively, you could upload your save game online, bought the game over there, go to an internet cafe, install the game and upload the save. Don't know if this would work but, WSM you know?

I know that I am addicted when I:

Argue with family members about formations when I say "When I managed Palermo I used a 3-2-2-1-2 and once I got the lead I went to a 4-1-4-1 Counter. That won the me Serie A & Champions League in the same season!"

Argue with family members about signing future players that become good in FM. (Dimitru Copil will be a world class forward in the future.)

When you see '4 x 4" (wood planks) and you think I wonder if I played 3 centre backs instead of 4 backs I could attack more effectively.

You buy a kit of a unknown player who turns into a world class player in the future who played for your team in the game but plays in a obscure country in real life...

When you're out at a club on a Saturday night, having drinks, smoking cigars, and watching hot girls dance, and all you can think about is whether you should go 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 for your upcoming cup match against a higher league team.

I may or may not have done that... icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by AB-forever:

When you have an exam on Monday and still haven't prepared at all even though you suck at this, and just keep saying "one more game".

I may or may not be doing this right now icon_rolleyes.gif

Yep me to except i have an exam tomorow morning icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by TheFuzzyOne:

When you have a half-dozen projects waiting to be done, but you keep telling yourself 'just one more game'

And then school reopens and the teachers go hell on you...

Same with me, except substitute work for school.

"Just one more game since I'm on a win streak, and then I'll go to bed..."

Next thing you know, birds are chirping, it's 4 am, and you're supposed to be at work in 4 hours. Oops. icon_redface.gif

You do a roundup of your league results in a Jeff Stelling-style. (eg. those 3 points will be absolutely PRICELESS today.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...when you consider drafting a list of summer transfer targets and posting them to your club's manager... or adding in that certain players have a minimum fee release clause in their contracts, and they are really at home playing as the right hand man of 3 forwards in an attackin 4-3-3 formation....

... when you can actually relate to the addictedness ratings on your game

note to self: order more takeaway pizza, call work and ask for more time off, and turn underwear inside out....

Archived