Sports Interactive Community
Bulla

You know you are addicted to football manager when............

One thing I do often aswell is that I seem to believe I'm actually a news reporter.

After matches have been played, I'll click on them and give a recap of the games like the goal scorers, and the even sadder part is, I do it all in an English accent.

Yep, same - Personally I conduct the draws that my team is in, live, on BBC One and Sky Sports News.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by bridport_james:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> One thing I do often aswell is that I seem to believe I'm actually a news reporter.

After matches have been played, I'll click on them and give a recap of the games like the goal scorers, and the even sadder part is, I do it all in an English accent.

Yep, same - Personally I conduct the draws that my team is in, live, on BBC One and Sky Sports News.

icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't do the draws live, but do a roundup of the best fixtures later that dayu on Sky Soirts News, funnily enough my matches always turn out to be the most important icon_razz.gif

It's actully got to the point now where i pick a "tie of the round" "mismatch of the round" (i.e biggest vs. smallest) and "most likely upset"

Us lot sujre dpo need a life don't we icon_razz.gif

SI may need to think about shipping blow up dolls with future titles, because we're all doomed for real relationships. icon_wink.gif

Know you're addicted when you bought a laptop for "school work" and find yourself playing your 80 hour plus game file in the common room with your mates when you know you should be doing coursework!

Originally posted by djhayes383:

Know you're addicted when you bought a laptop for "school work" and find yourself playing your 80 hour plus game file in the common room with your mates when you know you should be doing coursework!

this an idea me and my mates had. 6th year next year so we could buy FM09 and just play football manager in free periods.

when you shout at the player who just scored against you for running the length of the pitch.

ie "it was only a ******* tap in, why are you celebrating like that, you are still 2-1 down get a grip"

maybe it is me who needs to get a grip icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Skunner:

SI may need to think about shipping blow up dolls with future titles, because we're all doomed for real relationships. icon_wink.gif

You can say that again. After losing 2 relationships to FM, my wife walked out on me last week (took 3 days for me to notice). She's back and I've agreed not to 'have one more game' after 2 am. That's addiction icon_frown.gif

When your favorite seat at a real football match is the one all the way at the back of the highest stand, because it's the closest you can get to a FM style 'birds eye' view of the game.

And when the ticket guy stares at you blankly after you ask him if theres a seat available on top of the arch at Wembley.

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

You can say that again. After losing 2 relationships to FM, my wife walked out on me last week (took 3 days for me to notice). She's back and I've agreed not to 'have one more game' after 2 am. That's addiction icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel really sorry for you, and yes, you are addicted. icon_cool.gif - but how can you not be addicted when fm is around.

1. When you're screaming at your team "You're all FIRED!!!!!" Because Celta are about to stop your 20 match R. Madrid winning streak!!

2. When you decide to be a different nationality, e.g. Colombian, and start doing your bathroom press conferences in a foreign accent so much you start talking to people around you in that voice!

Originally posted by robehool:

Reading this is making me think of an excuse to leave work early and go home play........trouble is I have used them all before!!

When you read this sentence and instead of seeing 'reading', you actually see 'Reading' (the football club)....

Originally posted by juve_curr:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gypsum:

When you assure people that a club's new signing is a quality player, despite the fact you've never seen him play and only recognise the name from FM.

icon_biggrin.gif That's me all over. I did it with. Zarate and Modric. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When both you and your mate do this and then look embarrassed as you both realise that you both only know this from FM

Originally posted by Archy-91:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crewe_york:

When you describe a first date that went well as being a good performance and you're sure she'll get better as she gets used to the way you play.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Legend </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you tell a girl that her performance was acceptable and she replies that she's under no illusions!

Originally posted by Law_Man:

When you prefer speaking to your girlfriend on the phone, so you can keep playing FM.

Only if you have a hands free kit icon_razz.gif

But seriously, FMing while talking to the girlfriend on the phone is a bad idea...

Girlfriend : Can I borrow your english notes please? I've lost mine

(At the same moment Cork City score against me to go 1-0 in Irish League Cup Final with 10 mins remaining)

Me : OH **** OFF!

Girlfriend : Fine! Leave it then! *Hangs up*

Not so good.

..when your cat brings in a live, but badly mauled, mouse and drops it by your keyboard as a way of reminding you to feed her (which happened to me a few weeks ago).

when during your games you pretend that matt le tissier is watching your game on gillette soccer saturday and keeps reporting to geoff stelling when important things happen!

When exam revision becomes a lone discussion and sketching of the latest counter-attacking tactic that'll snare you're city rivals.

when you are only fully aware of eu citizenship rules for each country because of FM

see an italian team make a signing from brazil and wonder if he has duel nationality or thats there one transfer of a non eu citizen taken up for that year.

you plan everything to coincide with the time the game is processing fixtures even going to the toilet or getting a drink,

when spending quality time with your girlfriend (having obviously gone on holiday in the game) you suddenly look at your watch and realise you should be back from holiday and so you either have to leave your girlfriend alone or go on holiday again.....and thats a tough choice

Originally posted by FestyF:

1. When your girlfriend/wife look damn sexy in her new dress and you think of offering her a new 3 year contract.

2. When your friend argues with you over something and you put your hands in your pocket to show him a red card.

lol at #1

You know your addicted to Football Manager when...

You tell your mate whos good at football you'd give him 18 for Finishing and 17 for Composure and tell him he has a PA of 172.

You tell your Girlfriend/Wife her Dirtyness ratings need to improve.

Your first batch of 14/15 Year Old regens retire

When you convince yourself and your mates that Chelsea have bought Van Der Vaart when it only happened in FM

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Law_Man:

When you prefer speaking to your girlfriend on the phone, so you can keep playing FM.

Only if you have a hands free kit icon_razz.gif

But seriously, FMing while talking to the girlfriend on the phone is a bad idea...

Girlfriend : Can I borrow your english notes please? I've lost mine

(At the same moment Cork City score against me to go 1-0 in Irish League Cup Final with 10 mins remaining)

Me : OH **** OFF!

Girlfriend : Fine! Leave it then! *Hangs up*

Not so good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hohohohohohohahahahahahahahahahahaha....... icon_biggrin.gif

You made my day lol. icon_biggrin.gif

1. when you have the word "West ham tactics" in the corner of your eye at all times.

2. when you dream of a wonder tactic and all the players to go with it.

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BenskiSullivanovich:

When you apply for a managment position in real file stating all your achievements with the club in question on Football Manager - As I did when Alan Pardew left Reading for West Ham !!!!

Ha Ha Ha look at the Royals now !! I bet Nicky Hammond is forever rueing the day he wrote me that letter of rejection saying that I didn't have enough experience within the professional game.

......Or perhaps not...!

Did you really get a letter? The guy who got a reply from Steve Gibson when he applied for the 'Boro job is a legend (Altho' more so Gibson for his humour)! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what happened with steve gibson ?

Originally posted by MarcyBhoy22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BenskiSullivanovich:

When you apply for a managment position in real file stating all your achievements with the club in question on Football Manager - As I did when Alan Pardew left Reading for West Ham !!!!

Ha Ha Ha look at the Royals now !! I bet Nicky Hammond is forever rueing the day he wrote me that letter of rejection saying that I didn't have enough experience within the professional game.

......Or perhaps not...!

Did you really get a letter? The guy who got a reply from Steve Gibson when he applied for the 'Boro job is a legend (Altho' more so Gibson for his humour)! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what happened with steve gibson ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~kritip/managers%20job.htm

I've just left Year 11 now at school ahead of my GCSEs. Everyone had little books to sign and T-Shirts to sign and stuff.

However for me it was just another one of those publicity days for the fans... icon_frown.gif

you know you addicted to football manager when............

you spend 16 months reading about someone elses game where they aren't managing a fake team and really caring how a bunch of regens you'll never see are doing.

I meant that he's not even managing them and we're still interested, not that I want to read about a different type of game than the one Kip is supplying.

Hope that's slightly clearer. I meant "not even managing".

1.When you spend a night doing a pre-season and then jumping in the bath at 9pm to talk to yourself about your new signings and their pre-seasons, getting out the bath at half 11.

2.When you are Man City and Nedum Onuoha scores in the last minute of a Manchester derby at Old Trafford, you rush downstairs, pick up your dog and run outside holding him up in the air, chanting, "Neddy, Neddy, Neddy", and then he bites you and runs inside, but your so excited about beating United that you can't feel any pain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarcyBhoy22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

......Or perhaps not...!

what happened with steve gibson ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~kritip/managers%20job.htm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers for the link top stuff btw may sound stupid heer but what does regens mean icon_confused.gif

when you sit alone in your room commentating on your matches and pretending to be an interviewer and manager having an interview after signing a player.

AND when u score a goal and you try to re-live the moment your player struck the ball and how they did it then pretend to celebrate as they would icon_wink.gif

When your 'construction lines' in maths class are secretly the new formation you are planning on trying

When you realise that you are bankrupt because you kept listening to SI when the addictiveness rating said 'better order another takeaway pizza'

When you email sky sports telling them about your new regen goalkeeper who just saved 3/5 penalties in the FA Cup Final...(I never did this... honesticon_wink.gif)

When you tell your mates about your clubs new £30mil striker, then get home and realise it was a regen on FM.

And when you actually go to a football match with a pad, and note down everything positive your potential signings do!

Never done any of these things... really, I haventicon_wink.gif

...you go out and buy the shirt of the team you took up to the Premiership from the lower leagues and have your star regen's name and number put on the back.

Originally posted by MarcyBhoy22:

cheers for the link top stuff btw may sound stupid heer but what does regens mean icon_confused.gif

regens = New virtual young players generated by FM database.

1. When your save game dominates the majority of your dreams at night

2.When you are watching the FA Cup Final irl and load up your game to see which of the two teams knocked you out.

(I have done both of these in the last 13 hours!)

When you'd rather play FM than watch the FA Cup final even though you had some money on Portsmouth to lift the cup BEFORE they went to Old Trafford!

your son falls and fractures his arm and you tell everyone he's 'at home recupurating from an arm injury; out for 3-4 weeks'

I was just sat in a meeting at work when our MD shouts out to some git form accounts "These reports are absoloute rubbish, ive never heard of.. (half the companies on this list)" cue me and a work pal ( a fellow fm'er) getting a stern telling of for ****ing ourselves laughing in the middle of this "crucial" meeting!

Absoloute Classic moment!

1. Commentating on your matches.

2. Doing imaginary press conferences while on toilet or in the bath.

All in a Scottish accent that just seems to make it more realistic.

p.s. I'm English

... Your Girlfriend phones and you pretend to be gone away for a week, thats what i did when I bought FM 2008 and avoided going out with any friends and took a week off work sick. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Jinner Jamie:

1. Commentating on your matches.

2. Doing imaginary press conferences while on toilet or in the bath.

All in a Scottish accent that just seems to make it more realistic.

p.s. I'm English

Only in the bathroom? Heck, I do imaginary press conference driving to work, and back home... when in the bath room, and its also what I use to doze me off to sleep. Thats if my wife ain't in any mood to "woohoo" with me.

When at home a lone, I do a re-enactment of the goals my player scores, and yes... commentary on my own matches. Mate, we should get together for a mug of beer some day. LOL!

When you try to explain to yourself that the only formation that works in the world is 4-4-2 (because it's the only one you had success with in FM)

When you celebrate with the punch bag in your bedroom cos you feel it's Neil Lennon [You're assistant manager at Alloa] =D

When you play fm on real day basis (eg, play the game up until current day, then only play 1 day in game everyday!), never done this, but have thought about doing it many times

when you stay up until 3 am to finish a season, only for you to wake up through excitement (like a kid at christmas) at 8am to kick start the next season with some good signings etc