You know you are addicted to football manager when............

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by minisav:

When you'd rather play FM than GTA IV

Man i went to the midnight launch of GTA IV and instead of playing it when i got home i played football manager.

Also hooking your computer up to your tv to watch your favourite matches

Originally posted by juve_curr:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gypsum:

When you assure people that a club's new signing is a quality player, despite the fact you've never seen him play and only recognise the name from FM.

icon_biggrin.gif That's me all over. I did it with. Zarate and Modric. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've done the same with sooo many players aswell.

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by wesleysonck:

I once got so obsessed with a career on Champ Man (as it was then) that I went on a pilgrimage to the team I was managing, KRC Genk. I told an official at the ground how I had found myself there, and got to meet many of the players I had in the squad when I took over. It was great to meet Wesley Sonck, Moumouni Dagano, Berndt Thijs and Josip Skoko in the flesh after managing them on CM!

(I did feel a bit of an anorak though)

I've done that with Djurgarden IF! When players like Kallstrom, Chanko and Dorsin were there!

Commenting on your own matches.

Singing "You'll never walk alone" loudly before game at Anfield vs Liverpool. <- Yes i do that.

I use my notepad every 5 mins to write FM stuff(my thoughts)..I even get the pad to the bar... icon_rolleyes.gif

Was talking to my mate there. He said he used to be on a forum and there was a similar thread. A gue said that he:

Managed a crappy football team for like 10 years and finally got them to the FA Cup Final. He got so excited about the match that he went out and bought a suit for the match. When he got home he put on the suit and watched the full 90 minutes of the game LMAO.

Can't remember if he won or lost though.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Gypsum:

When you assure people that a club's new signing is a quality player, despite the fact you've never seen him play and only recognise the name from FM.

Big Grin That's me all over. I did it with. Zarate and Modric.

Big Grin

This year for Merthyr Tydfil, Aaron Ramsey (Cardiff youngster currently scouted by Utd etc) became a legend for us. From the BSN upwards, now in League 2, still best player lol. I also saw another signing, Charles Ademeno, on Sky Sports News the other day and proceeded to inform the misses of his abilities.

Originally posted by wesleysonck:

I once got so obsessed with a career on Champ Man (as it was then) that I went on a pilgrimage to the team I was managing, KRC Genk. I told an official at the ground how I had found myself there, and got to meet many of the players I had in the squad when I took over. It was great to meet Wesley Sonck, Moumouni Dagano, Berndt Thijs and Josip Skoko in the flesh after managing them on CM!

(I did feel a bit of an anorak though)

Legendary behaviour! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Paul@neus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Gypsum:

Big Grin That's me all over. I did it with. Zarate and Modric.

Big Grin

This year for Merthyr Tydfil, Aaron Ramsey (Cardiff youngster currently scouted by Utd etc) became a legend for us. From the BSN upwards, now in League 2, still best player lol. I also saw another signing, Charles Ademeno, on Sky Sports News the other day and proceeded to inform the misses of his abilities. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be careful when doing that, remember how much of a legend Bakayoko was back in CM and how pants he was for Everton. One of my mates still goes on about how I assured him it was an excellent buy.

when you have nightmares of Mourinho laughing in your face (real life) the night after losing in the spanish cup final and the next day's headlines (in-game) reads Mourinho hotly tipped to take over your job.

Originally posted by Digs_473:

When you take a 30 mile detour in order to avoid driving through Rochdale on your way to work each morning after they knocked your Champions League winning untouchables out of the league cup.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

this post made my day a whole lot better icon14.gif

...you give your mates £20 on a pro rata basis for winning the Pub Quiz.

..., after your boss telling you that you are underperforming at work, you go on the FM forums to complain about the confidence system.

...you watch cartoons with your child and discuss with them the pros and cons of introducing a 3D engine to the cartoon.

...you can't afford to buy some milk so you offer to add a 50% sell-on clause.

...you can't afford to buy some milk so you offer to add a 50% sell-on clause.

Haha, wonder if that would work?

*goes to the local Spar and returns with milk*

They returned with an offer of the milk for 30p plus 50% sell on clause, along with my best cheese and half a packet of jaffa cakes. Suckers. icon_cool.gif

Guest Demene

... when you start noticing a difference between your bedroom performance at home and away at your girlfriends, and truly believe it to be caused by her lack of half-time talks ...

Originally posted by t_hall:

When you don't stop playing until you realise that it is starting to get light outside.

Yeah, i remember the days of old. Once you heard the birds singing and tweeting in the tree's you just knew it was time to come back into reality again.

Originally posted by bytheway:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t_hall:

When you don't stop playing until you realise that it is starting to get light outside.

Yeah, i remember the days of old. Once you heard the birds singing and tweeting in the tree's you just knew it was time to come back into reality again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It happened to me last night, I was up til 5 when I realised I probably shouldn't be.

1. When you have just finished your 3000 word essay that you know is almost guaranteed full marks after you've spent a week on it. You put in the FM disk and all of a sudden a sign comes up saying 'File Corupt - data lost'. You check, fearing the worst, and you find that your essay's just disappeared before you could print it. You take out the FM disk, look at it and say 'We had quite a scare there didn't we?'.

2. You go down the local park asking people their names, you then sit on the bench watching them and creating your 'Park dream team' (I ended up with two five-a-side teams instead.

2nd one was something that happened to me when I bought my first ever CM/FM game in 1999 (I was eleven). My Dad told me to go to the park and get some 'real' football manager experience to improve my performance in the game. I come home 2 hours later to find my Dad in what I thought was a boiler room. I go in and find him playing on my disk in the ultimate FM gaming room with posters and everything.

I'm bad for commentating my own matches.

One thing I do often aswell is that I seem to believe I'm actually a news reporter.

After matches have been played, I'll click on them and give a recap of the games like the goal scorers, and the even sadder part is, I do it all in an English accent.

You know you're addicted to FM when you actually feel guilty when one of your players plea's for first team play.

Haha I started supporting Gateshead for this exact reason, go the Mighty Tynesiders in the BSN next season.

You know you are addicted to FM when you see a team come 4th in real life and turn to your flatmate saying, "My God their Manager needs a headcheck, I won the league without buying in a single player last season."

Another quote heard this season was "Newcastle lost to Derby? What I even beat them with their lowly neighbours Gateshead in the FA Cup 4th round. Someone should buy Star Attacking Midfielder, or not have let Star Goal Keeper out on loan to me"

Originally posted by PJ:

When you use Match of the Day on BBC as a means to not only scout your upcoming opposition, but potential transfers in the coming window

When it occurs to you that that's the only reason you'll be watching the European Championships, given no British representatives.

When you start looking for that amazing youth player you found from some god-forsaken country, who scored 20 goals and made 12 assists for you in half a season, only to realize after 2 hours that he was a regen.....

Originally posted by Ched:

...you sack every coach that suggests you should "look to offload" your own son. Which as he's a bit toss, is every coach in the team. Doh.

i tried to get my son to take up football, unfortunately he took up dancing instead, he dd send me a postcard from portugal though, hes getting married, although i didnt know enrique could also be a girls name...

Archived