You know you are addicted to football manager when............

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...When you have interviews with yourself in your own head. I always find it more interesting than the in-game press conferences. I feel wierd admitting this, I know I do it but now I've typed it out it's finally dawned on me what a pathetic human being I have become.

When it's just past 1am, you've got a University exam in 8 hours, and you're still playing because if you quit the game your amazing run of form WILL come to an end.

Haha, I've been there.

Guest markyosullivan

When you submit your resume filled with FM achievements for the managerial job of your local football club.

• 1 month later...

You know you're addicted to Football Manager when..... the forum goes down and you check if it's back up yet 10+ times a day religiously until miraculously one day it IS back up and you can't stop grinning ear-to-ear because now you can finally find those stadium background pics you've been waiting for for ages.....

(Note. When I say "you check if it's back up yet 10+ times a day..." I obviously mean the forum, the website.... not me kn*b.... so I don't need viagara thank you very much bloomin' SPAMMERS!!!)

... when you're semi-delirious with fever and you're having confused dreams about your current formation/players

... when you're not sick anymore yet you keep on having FM-related dreams

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also, when you stand outside the room when you have a touchline ban, or when you set up a press conference with yourself and your new signing who can't speak english (a pillow) at 4 in the morning

Or when your in your english class and realise you've just used up 6 notebook pages by drawing out all possible tactics you could use for your next cup game icon_biggrin.gif

This made my day. Can't stop laughing! :lol:

My problem is playing in Full Screen Mode. No watch so no concept of real time. I have lost about a year over the life span of CM and FM. My record is 3 days straight without realising. Whilst unemployed loaded a save up on Friday morning and the next thing I know is my apartment block fire alarm test was going on a Monday morning, only felt like a few hours.

When you are watching the draw for one of the cups taking place you imitate the voice off the BBC i.e:

FA Cup 3rd Round

Arsenal will play Tottenham Hotspur

AFC Wimbledon are at home to Bolton Wanderers

Liverpool against Everton etc.

I'm doing that every time for a cup competition.

Also, when you go to a live match or watching match/ highlights on TV you are on a scouting mission for your FM game.

When you try to employ a 4-3-3 Counter attacking tactic to your Sunday League side....

Asking your mate Bob to learn to "Shoot with power" like Paul Scholes only to realise he's actually overweight, hungover and extremetly unfit and nothing like Paul Scholes at all...

When your out or at work, and hear or see the words 'Football Manager' your mind starts a countdown as to when you can continue playing it again.
Same!

When you point the middle finger out of nowhere at the screen and screams 'That was a f^%&ing goal! Damn them refs! They hate us!'

When you quickly switch to 'only commentary' and fast forward a game you're down by 3 goals.

When you play football manager sitting down on the train's floor, for the journey to and back from school.

When this year's FM comes out on your birthday and that is your ideal birthday gift. (yay:D)

When you are seriously considering naming your future son Lionel.

When you google a Brazilian name generator just so you can have a professional brazilian name ready for your Brazilian Journeyman save when FM12 launches.

My Brazilian name is Hão. link

Archived