You know you are addicted to football manager when............

although tbf I have been split from my wife for over 15months now, after 10 years so wasn't really bothered about valentines, had long enough to get used to kit, the patch strategy thing i've only been aware of for the past couple of weeks, but as the saying goes, all good things....come to those that wait.

Understand you mate. Let's just hope patch comes in Feb and not in March. :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know you are addicted to football manager when you can give it up any time you want but a) you just don't want to and/or b) you've never liked quitters.

you're already a voluntary insomniac through trying to play the game 8 days a week

1. When you graffiti all the school tables in every room, just writing down the team you are going to pick for the next matches and what you want them to do. Horses for courses and all that!

2. When you lose close friends, due to your non-stop bickering about the friends you've picked up on FM, (Stuart Pearce and Paul McKenna for me!) so I then go home, and take my frustration out on the media in press conferences.

That is all.

your in the 2014 season with birmingham city, a tycoon has taken over after the first season, you now have a team sheet reading

akinfiev, rafinha, kjaer, hangeland,weibel(wonderkid left back), kuzmanovic,dzagoev,diego suarez,vela,di maria and the big one wayne rooney!!! and ur still not happy that this is ur birmingham team 4 seasons after taking over!!!!!!

When you don't even like soccer and haven't a clue who's in the lead in your own country's league, yet keep playing this bloody game commenting to the missus how my striker just made a great goal. When she stops channel switching on footie though, just tell her to go on and change the channel because real life soccer isn't interesting anyway...

u spend your bank holiday weekend at your mates house sitting next to each other on separate laptops playing different FM saves drinking beer. when your mates mother then calls his girlfriend, she tells her what we are doing and his mother says "nothing has changed in 10 years then".

Too many, most of these have been said already

When I have to buy a book for school but instead ask the clerk if there is a book with an expiring contract so I can get it on a free

I leave FM running on my computer all night, so I can play in 5-minute intervals in the morning while getting ready for school

I rate everything out of 20. "Oh that bird has a 17 on the tits, 18 on the arse. Probably a 3 on the intellect" (real example, that)

I consistently upload my long-term save game and email it to myself in fear that my computer will suddenly die on me

When I scribble tactics and team selections for my next match on my book during class

When my teacher assigns a test and I want to send a scout on it to expose the best way to take it

Too many, most of these have been said already

When I have to buy a book for school but instead ask the clerk if there is a book with an expiring contract so I can get it on a free

I leave FM running on my computer all night, so I can play in 5-minute intervals in the morning while getting ready for school

I rate everything out of 20. "Oh that bird has a 17 on the tits, 18 on the arse. Probably a 3 on the intellect" (real example, that)

I consistently upload my long-term save game and email it to myself in fear that my computer will suddenly die on me

When I scribble tactics and team selections for my next match on my book during class

When my teacher assigns a test and I want to send a scout on it to expose the best way to take it

Brilliant! :D :D

When you call your missus in from the kitchen where she's making dinner to show her the Villarreal vs Wolfsburg match on ITV4 and when Ariel Ibagaza comes on screen, you enthuse about getting him on a free for your Serie C Venezia side....

How are these:

In my second year of Uni myself and 4 housemates set up a network game which lasted 11 seasons and over 40 hours game time. One night we were out in Cardiff for a friends birthday drinks. At 11pm we were sat in a bar discussing FM and decided to go home and play instead of staying out all night.

3 years after Uni, the name Wayne Appleton (worlds greatest regen) still means something and we always plan to load the old game back up!

You tell your GF you're not feeling well so cant go out/go see her just so you can play FM...

You fall out with a housemate because he accepts a lower offer from another housemate for a player and rejects yours...

You pay real money for a player...

On your CV you seriously considered putting "Champions league winner with Cheltenham Town, beating Barca at the Nou camp with Mike Duff, Jamie Victory, Mark Bosnich and Sam Parkin in the starting 11"

You skip lectures at the drop of a hat because a housemate has text you the "FM?"

The best night of your uni life included a crate of beer, 4 laptops and some FM...

You're meant to be working on a Biology essay. But when you hand it in, it's half about the digestive system, and half listing a new wonder tactic you've just discovered.

And when called out on this, the first thing you say is "Thank you so much! I knew I'd written that tactic down somewhere. I just couldn't remember where!" and can't find it in yourself to care when you get grounded for a month.

More time to play FM after all. ;)

You're meant to be working on a Biology essay. But when you hand it in, it's half about the digestive system, and half listing a new wonder tactics you've just discovered.

And when called out on this, the first thing you say is "Thank you so much! I knew I'd written that tactic down somewhere. I just couldn't remember where!" and can't find it in yourself to care when you get grounded for a month.

More time to play FM after all. ;)

HaHa Love it.

:thup::D

You're having an argument with your girlfriend (totally unrelated to anything FM) and she says "you've got a problem". You automatically think she's insulting the game and lock her out of your bedroom.

And, when you realise your mistake about twenty seconds later, instead of going and apologising, you fire up FM to get a happiness boost.

:D

Archived