Bulla

You know you are addicted to football manager when............

1,358 posts in this topic

almost ****ed myself when a girl i know's facebook status was "...... is considering her options"

nah, she felt she was too good to be loaned out :p

when the only reason you read about the prems new 7 subs rules is beacause it will help you next year on FM

[quote name='Archy-91']Only if you have a hands free kit [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

But seriously, FMing while talking to the girlfriend on the phone is a bad idea...

Girlfriend : Can I borrow your english notes please? I've lost mine
(At the same moment Cork City score against me to go 1-0 in Irish League Cup Final with 10 mins remaining)
Me : OH **** OFF!
Girlfriend : Fine! Leave it then! *Hangs up*

Not so good.[/QUOTE]

Judging by the fact that you actually care about this competition, I'm gonna assume you're a Derry City fan :p

when your five year old brother (who is too young to play fm) knows every player in your team and when you come down for dinner he asks you "how many goals did stancu score"

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilherme_Milhomem_Gusm%C3%A3o"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilherme_Milhomem_Gusm%C3%A3o[/URL]

When you edit your star player's Wikipedia page to match his achievements on FM.

EDIT - [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Guilherme_Milhomem_Gusm%C3%A3o&diff=230774311&oldid=229405797[/url]

History of the page as it got deleted /o\ I'm too childish for Wikipedia.

[quote name='bridport_james'][url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilherme_Milhomem_Gusm%C3%A3o[/url]

When you edit your star player's Wikipedia page to match his achievements on FM.[/QUOTE]

And theres the problem with Wiki...

[quote name='Neji']And theres the problem with Wiki...[/quote]

:D Yup.

When watching the champions league with your dad, Walcott gets the ball, you then say "Walcott's good, hes got 20 Acceleration and Pace"
Your dad turns and looks at you not quite understanding what you just said.
Walcott then runs from one end of the pitch to the other getting past 3-4 Liverpool players to set up a goal.
You then say "See, hes fast"

I must say there are some absolute gems in here.

''When you're at work and someone asks if you want a cup of tea and you reply 'These reports are absolute rubbish. I've never even heard of tea' actually made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe. I tried to tell my brother (a fellow FM madman) but couldn't actually get it out without bursting into laughter. It made me cry it was that funny.

As I haven't been able to read 400+ posts I might repeat some here so apologies, but...

1) Not only commentating on my game, but going through the half time scores as a stadium announcer at my ground, and then at the end of the game looking at the local teams' (Barnsley, Blades and Weds, Donny and Chesterfield) results and pretending I'm at BBC Radio Sheffield doing a quick round up of the days action: ''Blades and Owls win, draws for the Spireites and Reds and defeats for the Millers and Rovers in London''. (This is only when I'm Rotherham - on the current FM file I've been Redditch and Forest so do Birmingham/Villa etc's results or Notts County/Mansfield/Derby's!)

2) Walking home from college and mentally building myself up for the big upcoming game at Bradford, and imagining me clapping the fans off at the end of the game when we win 1-0 through a James Tavernier beauty.

3) Imagining Sky Sports News breaking the news that Niall Geoghegan has made a sensational move to Nottm Forest after 13 years at Redditch, and imagining the euphoria as one of the games longest serving managers heads for The City Ground.

4) Getting a gut-wrenching feeling as I accept the job at Forest and leave the mighty Redditch.

5) Discussing your reasons for leaving Redditch with your mate in Economics and as everybody else understands the curve for an oligopoly market you're telling him that you'd achieved all you could with a team getting under 3000 crowds in League 1.

6) This happened once with on one of the Champ Managers, probably about 02/03. Punching the protective screen of the PC in anger as Hadjuk Split reverse a 2-0 defeat in Croatia to win 3-0 at the Vetch. It falls off and smashes on the floor, and you have to clear up the glass as you reflect on an incredible loss.

More to follow I'm sure

When you forgot to feed/walk/clear your dog, and he/she decided to pull on your laptop.....

This might or might not just happened last night ;-)

[quote name='Ryknow']When watching the champions league with your dad, Walcott gets the ball, you then say "Walcott's good, hes got 20 Acceleration and Pace"
Your dad turns and looks at you not quite understanding what you just said.
Walcott then runs from one end of the pitch to the other getting past 3-4 Liverpool players to set up a goal.
You then say "See, hes fast"[/QUOTE]

Couldn't help but chortle at this! :D

when you base your opinions on your latest fantasy football team, which you got via email today, entirly on your knowledge of how players played for/against you on fm... (random player assignment, had no control over hwo i got)

Some of these have really made me laugh, good job. I have 2:

1. When you set your status to "busy" on msn and inadvertently ignore your girlfriend for half an hour because you are so engrossed in the game world only to minimize the window and realise you have to make up a good excuse quick for why you didn't respond to her.

2. When you convinced your grandma to get you a laptop because you needed it for university (6 months before you go) but really knew all you wanted it for was to take to school and play FM in the sixth form common room in between lessons.

[quote name='djhayes383']Some of these have really made me laugh, good job. I have 2:

1. When you set your status to "busy" on msn and inadvertently ignore your girlfriend for half an hour because you are so engrossed in the game world only to minimize the window and realise you have to make up a good excuse quick for why you didn't respond to her.

2. When you convinced your grandma to get you a laptop because you needed it for university (6 months before you go) but really knew all you wanted it for was to take to school and play FM in the sixth form common room in between lessons.[/quote]

actually lol'ed at #1 :thup:

you know you're addicted to football manager when... you can know so much about a player but still be surprised about the colour of his skin

[quote name='wills1987']you know you're addicted to football manager when... you can know so much about a player but still be surprised about the colour of his skin[/QUOTE]

good one :D happened to me too (Richards) :D

[quote name='bridport_james'][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilherme_Milhomem_Gusm%C3%A3o"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilherme_Milhomem_Gusm%C3%A3o[/URL]

When you edit your star player's Wikipedia page to match his achievements on FM.

EDIT - [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Guilherme_Milhomem_Gusm%C3%A3o&diff=230774311&oldid=229405797[/url]

History of the page as it got deleted /o\ I'm too childish for Wikipedia.[/QUOTE]

Haha that is quality.

just remembered i had a dream about one of my newgen's fm07, that's sickeningly addicted :D

When you dream you've been playing FM, and wake up and wonder why you didn't save after.....

you watch football matches IRL and actually SCOUT players yourself for your team on FM .... i do it all the time

[quote name='Niall_The_Miller']I must say there are some absolute gems in here.

''When you're at work and someone asks if you want a cup of tea and you reply 'These reports are absolute rubbish. I've never even heard of tea' [/QUOTE]

this is a quote of a quote so i dont know who wrote it but all i have to say is.....GENIUS, absoloute genius. I had tears in my eyes after laughing so much.:thup:

i think your addicted when you contemplate calling your newborn son "James Aguero XXXXX".

or when you give players horrible in-game nicknames because they didn't want to sign for you. yeah how'd you feel about bojan- or should i say "stephen hawkins".

[quote]you know you're addicted to football manager when... you can know so much about a player but still be surprised about the colour of his skin[/quote]

I found out Jimmy Briand was black YESTERDAY

I'v got one...

when your watching standard liege play liverpool and wonder why marouane fellaini isnt "challenging the goalkeeper" on corners. Come on, hes got 20 for heading.

[quote name='GavinLP1987']I'v got one...

when your watching standard liege play liverpool and wonder why marouane fellaini isnt "challenging the goalkeeper" on corners. Come on, hes got 20 for heading.[/QUOTE]

Real-life corners aren't bugged. Lol.

1) Make up chants for your players and when they score you join in the celebrations.
2) Cancel Meetings to play your relegation battler to decide if you get relegated out of the game as you didn't load the league below as you never thought it would come to this.
3) Cry when you get relegated or promoted.
4)Your supposed to be doing important work and if you do not do it they will consider your job but there is a problem...you are playing a rival so miss the deadline of the work and get the sack. to make matters worse you lose the game and threw the laptop out the window in anger.
5)fail you exams as FM is far more important.
6) buy the team shirt you are managing and get the player you have signed printed onto the back even though he is a Regen.

You draw a mint ass poster of the FA Cup Final/Champions League Final that your in & tryin to make it as big as possible while commentatin on the dangermen and everything.

I love this game so i'll share mine.

You lie (however you spell it) awake at night thinking of tactics, who to play or buy, and then say "screw it", get up and turn on the computer and play.

You have papers scattered around with names,stats,etc of players on your team or ones you want to buy. (I don't use the notes feature lol, I actually just found out about it lol).

This game seriously is addicting. I just got it a few weeks ago (yeah I know, I'd heard about it but never thought about getting it. I live in the states, after I bought it I never turned back) I played like 6 hours straight lol, no kidding. Time flew by so fast.

Not that long ago, I almost set myself on fire at work cuz I was thinking about a particularly galling loss against Bristol Rovers, plus I had no sleep because of playing FM all night to get to my next fixture against them so I could beat them for retribution

...you know you're addicted to football manager when you leave a party in the flat upstairs just to install FM08.

I recently just went back to college, and I was gonna buy a new video game......and i legitimately approached it like I was looking for a quality ST, and the deadline was move in day. In the end, I didn't make a purchase, I'll just start the old reliable veteran off the bench ;)

When you call late to cancel a date because the season just started... even though you spent 3 months wooing this girl and know that she would have probably done things in bed for you that no woman dare try !

[quote name='Jehanzeb']When you call late to cancel a date because the season just started... even though you spent 3 months wooing this girl and know that she would have probably done things in bed for you that no woman dare try ![/QUOTE]

Deary me, we need to try out Bremen...

When you wear search the internet looking for a scarf to wear whilst managing your non league german team who are now European Champions.:D

When you fail all 5 of your A-Levels and therefore miss out on going to University.... just because you were trying to survive with Wolves in the premiership rather than revising.

Thanks FM :)

When you dream you're Landon Donovan, complaining about the lack of first team football, and wandering if you'll be dropped from the American squad, and then chasing Eddie Johnson for hours...

When you dash home 3 miles on your hour's lunchbreak through heavy traffic to squeeze in two poxy matches with your Brighton game...

you know you're addicted to FM, when you're watching Liverpool play Standard on TV, and suddenly realize: "Benitez is ****! I can make Liverpool play better than that!" then turn on your mac and start playing liverpool :D

[quote name='Schotsmannetje']you know you're addicted to FM, when you're watching Liverpool play Standard on TV, and suddenly realize: "Benitez is ****! I can make Liverpool play better than that!" then turn on your mac and start playing liverpool :D[/QUOTE]

Your right on three things here.

1. You can be better than Rafa
2. You're playing as Liverpool
3. Your using a mac! :):)

you are watching olympic games final Argentina vs Nigeria with your older brother and say "Arguero is a goalscoring machine, a crazy wonderkid!" and he say "he didn't play so well in the previous few matches" and you replied "big deal, he scored 48 goals for my team this season!"

[quote name='Esteban_J88']...you know you're addicted to football manager when you leave a party in the flat upstairs just to install FM08.[/QUOTE]

Had a similar experience like that back in the FM05 days. My mate and I left a few parties early to go back to his apartment and play FM.

Of course, this was usually when there were maybe 4 girls there at the party and about 20 guys, so it was a total sausage-fest.

when you are watching the football on tv and expect the flashing 'someone scores' thing at the bottom of the screen

also a couple more

1) When a goal is scored in your fm game and then you go out into the back garden to a do replay of the goal while commentating to yourself
2) When your watching the football on tv and you see the line ups on the screen and wonder to yourself why the wingers dont have forward arrows on them and think that they are gonna struggle going forward. Only to then realise that it is man utd playing and they have ronaldo and nani on the wings

...your wife says that in order to spend more time with you she'll compromise by letting you play it on the laptop (instead of bedroom PC) whilst she watches Big Brother with both of us in the living room :)