You know you are addicted to football manager when............

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you dont understand how that player scores 50 goals for you in the game, yet you watch him miss every goal opportunity every Sunday. You obviously know better than the coach, right ?

When you know most youngsters that are now playing regularly because you discovered them in earlier FM versions.

...When you begin to consider using shouts while making out, mulling over whether to tell her that you have faith or even -- depending on her morale -- impress me or prove a point during an interlude, and when all is said and done deliberating over whether to say well done, delighted, or disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

you are displaying numerous visible physical signs of withdrawal knowing that in an hour everybody else is going to be playing FM12...

should cold turkey be this hard?

I mean... I'm shaking so badly I can't hold anything... got a bit of fat finger typing too.. I might hide the car keys so I don't drive to Tesco's (hmm.. ??)

must. resist. establishment.

That actually made me laugh out loud. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto

Also, when you stand outside the room when you have a touchline ban, or when you set up a press conference with yourself and your new signing who can't speak english (a pillow) at 4 in the morning

Or when your in your english class and realise you've just used up 6 notebook pages by drawing out all possible tactics you could use for your next cup game :D

You Scare Me :~

...When you can't sleep because you're thinking who will you sign or wich tactic will you use
When your seriously debating whether staying up all night playing FM when you have lectures from 9am til 7pm the following day...

You described my last night, when I remembered a 4-2-3-1 tactic I had success with, I couldn't fall asleep because I was so excited to use it the next day!

When you call your girlfriend late at night because the club is going to build a new stadium named after you. Then you go back to the game and start read the message many times, imagining how it would look like. Finaly, you draw it on piece of paper.

• 6 months later...
You insist that Thiago Silva is going to be one of the best defenders in the world, even though you have never seen him in real life!

Just browsed through the pages and found this. Notice the date (mid-2009) and... yeah, FM did it again!

Archived