You know you are addicted to football manager when............

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha quality :D

You make a vow to just play the game from now on and leave editing to others.

Then a week later you start a new "project"...

oh, i've been there pretty much since i bought the game last year to now

When all u do at work is playing FM. not to mention what i do at home most of the time.

and when u go to bed u take ur laptop with u and play some more.

or when u go take a dump u might take the laptop with u as the season is coming to an end and i have that great prospect coming 1st of July..

Standard.

I constantly find that whenever a conversation or class doesnt interest me that much i pull out my notebook and begin writting down tactics or signings.

Playing FM on the toilet, in bed, in the car (when not driving ;)) and what i do all the time is interview myself, if im walking along the beach its 'so (name) how do you feel about this or what is your plan etc. Sometimes when im walking around or waiting in a que i begin interviewing myself and do it aloud, get the weirdest looks ever!! :D

When a computer store clerk askes you "what type of computer would you like". And you reply "an FM computer". Then its time for the shrink.

I was so ashamed I have to own up to this, when I bought my recent computer I demanded it be good enough to play football manager the response was 'so good enough to play the sims 3?'....since then i have never set a foot inside a pc world...100% true.

When you find the club song for your 3rd Tier Spanish side and decide to play it before your next game.

You then score whilst it's playing so you repeat the song throughout the game and get your best result of the season.

Two things:

1 - I've actually wondered in the past what other people do with their time. I mean, they must have so much of it to play with!

2 - I coach an under 15s team, and on Sunday as I was putting on a sub, I used the phrases "play as an Inside Forward...attacking...cut inside onto your right foot" (at that point it was 1-2...we scored twice in the last couple of minutes to win 3-2 :))

When you find the club song for your 3rd Tier Spanish side and decide to play it before your next game.

You then score whilst it's playing so you repeat the song throughout the game and get your best result of the season.

What ! I you mean there is a site where I can find Club songs for teams in the Spanish Segunda Divison B ? brilliant, do tell.

• 4 weeks later...

when you, beyond all expectation get blackpool into the prem, and immediately look for veterans, such as vieria, zenden, campbell, carsley, on a cheap free transfer and you offer them a contract, then when you get excited when it says, ...... set to sign, when you wasnt really expecting them too!

and then when you struggle with blackpool in the premier league, do the honoruable thing and resign and give reasons in your head, such as the club needs someone to take them to the next level, and you personally feel you have done all you can do with the club, and need a new challenge in your career, and get offered the fiorentina job, and steer them from 17th in serie a to 5th!

1. when you need to do a cv to go out and get a job cos you have finished school and you need somethin to do in the summer, but you choose to load up fm rather than office (happenin to me)

2. when you follow players because they have done good for you (if balotelli goes city i cant use him next season at inter)

3. you are constantly on fm or any fm related site (fansite, si forums)

4. when you are lookin at specs on new computersyou mention to whoever youre with 'that would run fm good' (i say this to my mate most of the time)

Im genuinely relieved reading this thread i honeslty thought i was mental

Taking bbc/sky tunnel interviews after every match

Talking in a foreign twang when your new signing is being interviewed

Shouting loudly at dots on a computer screen

Clapping your bedroom walls after that great win

imagening Soccer Saturday and Match of the day talking about how brilliant your doing and if your too young to be talked about as the new england manager!

(i need a girlfriend)

Aaah, the Soccer Saturday and Soccer AM daydreams, had then a plenty mate :thup:

When you actually understand the real life 25-man squad rule brought in to the Premiership, only because its on FM 2010

Exactly, when you know all the squad rules, foreign limits, whether the cup has a replay or extra-time in case of a draw.. all that.. :) because of FM

• 2 weeks later...
When you're giving imaginary press conferences/interviews on the toilet in between game time.... Also when you lift a vase/bottle/lamp above your head in celebration of winning the champions league trophy... worse still when you drop that vase and have to explain to your parents/other half what the hell you were doing holding it in the air in the first place....

I have a laptop so i just play on the loo,

Archived