Bulla

You know you are addicted to football manager when............

1,358 posts in this topic

Time to revive this thread once again...

When you pose in a suit for your managers picture :D

[quote name='ThfcJoe']I was coming up with revolutionary tactics, like 2 DC's with nobody else in the backline. Well, may not be revolutionary but it sure did not work :D[/QUOTE]

I did that once when I was behind at halftime of a playoff match (5-1 on aggregate) and had to make up some goals. I went to a 2-4-4 all out attack. I actually scored 2 goals in the second half of that match, but still lost 5-3.

You start accidentally naming FM-created players in general conversation.

"Liverpool need a creative midfielder, I think Hubert Knoll would be a good signing. You haven't heard of Knoll? He's Austria's capta... oh, wait a minute..."

You always somehow seem to mention something regarding your FM savegame in day-to-day conversations with friends upto the point that they think you have found a substitute for having a girlfriend/wife.

You do something like this;

[url]http://img94.imageshack.us/i/gatesheadfc.jpg/[/url]

When tutoring younger colleagues, start every other explanation on why stuff isn't working as it should with "it's your tactics".

You are genuinely sorry when you have to release Dale Tonge when he has helped your York side to successive promotions from the Conference to League 1 that you remain upset for the rest of the day. You then search him on facebook and add him (which he accepts) and on social interview the question comes up 'Have you done anything to Dale Tonge that you want to apologise for?' to which I answer, 'Dale, I am so so sorry for releasing you from York, I hope it hasn't affected you or your family in anyway.' Then a few days later you decide to have a nosy on his profile and find out that he has deleted you off hus friends!! 100% true story

[quote name='JonnyGabriel']You do something like this;

[url]http://img94.imageshack.us/i/gatesheadfc.jpg/[/url][/QUOTE]

How did you do that??

when you sit next to your brother in law who is playing the game, and call yourself his assistant manager.

(funny thing about it being, he left me in charge for one game while he went for drinks, and i lost it LOL! :thup: )

[quote name='jimmckenna']You begin hating random teams IRL because you lose to them badly on FM..[/QUOTE]

Too true...

[quote name='MUFC95']How did you do that??[/QUOTE]

Finding similar kits on [URL="http://www.backoftheshirt.com/"]here[/URL] and then Paint, patience and a boring Saturday afternoon.

[quote name='Allies']Too true...[/QUOTE]

And players...I hate to think what I'd do if I met Daniel Sturridge for all the misery he caused me after signing for Hibs :mad:

When you go to the cinema and after the end of the film the only thing you remember is that you should'n play Eduardo

your friends are bored of you and they think you are playing fm all your time (something you refuse)

remember that you have bought a new pc game and you haven't tried it yet

you see dreams that you have won the CL with a semi-professional team

watching football and after a goal you expect a replay

When you see your team losing on TV and wish that you can quit and reload the game.

When you starting thinking that it is actually 2015.

[quote name='Bleeding']When you go to the cinema and after the end of the film the only thing you remember is that you should'n play Eduardo

your friends are bored of you and they think you are playing fm all your time (something you refuse)

remember that you have bought a new pc game and you haven't tried it yet

you see dreams that you have won the CL with a semi-professional team

[B]watching football and after a goal you expect a replay[/B][/QUOTE]

This has happened so many bleeding times to me!

when you have 3 notebooks full of different tactics for your team. with full instructions for all of your players to deal with all possibilities like having your goalie sent off

When you lament the fact you can't order an Albacete shirt online and have the name and number of your favourite regen on the back!

[quote name='Deisler26']When you lament the fact you can't order an Albacete shirt online and have the name and number of your favourite regen on the back![/QUOTE]

I've seen people do that. Some guy was playing as Barcelona and had this really outstanding regen - he ordered a Barca shirt and had his regen's name printed on the back. :D

[quote name='ThfcJoe']Time to revive this thread once again...

When you pose in a suit for your managers picture :D[/QUOTE]

Haha quality :D

When you spend hours upon hours in the Editor creating a fantasy league where Spain has been split into its 17 autonomous regions, with each region having its own league, and with each champion of these leagues then going into a 17-team Championship play-off to decide the overall winner/European representatives, then creating a thread in the Spanish discussion section asking for advice on which teams should be placed in these leagues (all in Spanish btw!), only to find out that it's close to impossible to get something like that working on FM :(. You make a vow to just play the game from now on and leave editing to others.

Then a week later you start a new "project"...

..when I play FM on the iPhone while waiting for the Continues on the PC version

[quote name='Deisler26']When you lament the fact you can't order an Albacete shirt online and have the name and number of your favourite regen on the back![/QUOTE]

I want a Gateshead shirt with NGO BAHENG #8 on the back but don't want to fork out £45 for the pleasure.

[quote name='Suzie MUFC']I've seen people do that. Some guy was playing as Barcelona and had this really outstanding regen - he ordered a Barca shirt and had his regen's name printed on the back. :D[/QUOTE]
[URL]http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=112782&highlight=regen+shirt[/URL]

See post number 10 Suzie. :D

I think your really addicted to FM when you see it's 11pm, say one more game and next time you see the clock it reads 4am... but you don't give a crap and just keep on playing. Or, and this is a true story. I was with this girl and ya know one thing leads to another and so on. So there i was, at it, and at some point i was starting to become a bit bored and began plotting out my summer transfers in my head lol

You mistake your wife for Jonjo Shelvey

Im genuinely relieved reading this thread i honeslty thought i was mental

Taking bbc/sky tunnel interviews after every match
Talking in a foreign twang when your new signing is being interviewed
Shouting loudly at dots on a computer screen
Clapping your bedroom walls after that great win
imagening Soccer Saturday and Match of the day talking about how brilliant your doing and if your too young to be talked about as the new england manager!

(i need a girlfriend)

[quote name='Big Andy T'](i need a girlfriend)[/QUOTE]

Don't we all?

[B][COLOR="Blue"]You are so confused you don't remember at the presente time is 2010 or 2012 (like in the game).[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='Skan']When you starting thinking that it is actually 2015.[/QUOTE]

So true thup:

[quote name='Red Owl']You start accidentally naming FM-created players in general conversation.

"Liverpool need a creative midfielder, I think Hubert Knoll would be a good signing. You haven't heard of Knoll? He's Austria's capta... oh, wait a minute..."[/QUOTE]

I frequently confuse actual people with similarly named regens.

Once i binged on football manager so much that when my brother came in to wake me up i asked him (in a sleepy daze) to call Beckham's agent and find out his birthday, i needed it for the contract lol. Also i think your addicted when in May you start plotting signings for the next FM game... Already got my eye on the capture of Charlie Austin and Connor Wickham lol

...when you bump a few months old thread to write nonsense. :D

When you are explaining to your (know nothing much about football) girlfriend about how you brought Leeds United back to the Premier League in two seasons and how the relegation system works... :P

P.S. When your girlfriend is paying all her attention to you but your eyes are stuck on the PC monitor awaiting the next goal!

you download a commentary pack and then look for the new lines in commentary coming up.

When you come up with a version of the new Nike ad with your world class Ukrainian regen striker as the star.

When FM starts suggesting what should be on your CV.

When you start dreaming about FM in your sleep and your career goal is to work for SI! :D

when u watch ppl on street and thinking what is their potential ability
cause their current ability is so poor that u would fired them same moment

You know you're addicted to football manager when... You play your first match.

[quote name='lewiswills']When your thinking of players to buy during your exams... :P[/QUOTE]

I started doodling tactics as I had an hour left...

Hmm I have an AD Fafe Jersey, but I never got the Regen's name on the back, though have thought about it...for anyone who doesn't know AD Fafe are a 3rd Division club in Portugal, tiny really.

[quote name='JonnyGabriel']You do something like this;

[url]http://img94.imageshack.us/i/gatesheadfc.jpg/[/url][/QUOTE]

Love it, might have to do that just for something to do sometime soon ;)

[quote name='Ozzsam']When FM starts suggesting what should be on your CV.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm been there.

Your laptop breaks and you borrow your brother's even though you can't play FM on it; you've just got used to the feeling of plastic under your fingertips and that disturbing, possibly wi-fi-radiation related, heat on your thighs...

1. Doodling tactics while on the toilet :o

2. When in real life the club makes a signing that you know won't fit in with your system, you get upset, even if he is class.

3. When you have smashed up 2 PC mice in as many days because of dubious reffing decisions :o

4. When you smash up your keyboard because of more dubious reffing decisions...

[quote name='TacticalGenius']1. Doodling tactics while on the toilet :o

[B]2. When in real life the club makes a signing that you know won't fit in with your system, you get upset, even if he is class.[/B]

3. When you have smashed up 2 PC mice in as many days because of dubious reffing decisions :o

4. When you smash up your keyboard because of more dubious reffing decisions...[/QUOTE]

The very same reason I don't want United to sign Silva!!!