You know you are addicted to football manager when............

if your not actually playing the game your on this website...

im waiting on my laptop to arrive in the post and have the sweats trying not to start a new game on this because i mite fall in love with it and not be able to transfer the game without difficulty :D

Ouch, same here. Well, you know you are thinking about strategies in your dream on your trip to work.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When every time your player gets injured in a match you shout at the other teams players telling them about how they can't handle your teams ability so have resorted to kicking them off the park.

Just did that myself. The no-hopers injured my 3 star players in the first 37 minutes! They still lost 3-1 though.

Needless to say, my monitor got the hairdryer treatment pretty badly.

Just found out that my left back got a month long injury from that particular game! :mad:

After beating Man Utd 5-0, I m a liverpool fan, nearly ripping into my Man Utd mates for how bad they were!

Just caught myself as a I realisd they wouldn't have a clue!!!

Real Life to FM....... A world of difference

you imagine the FA cup third round draw taking place in the familiar setting with two ex-pros picking numbered balls from a hat...and you read out the names of the teams in the voice of the announcer whilst commenting on the interesting ties....

We have a winner!

Agreed.

When you scream at your midfielder to pass to a certain player (winger usually) as he's in acres of space and you berate him for not doing so until he scores a screamer at which point you start jumping for joy

Did this and my dad was watching and laughed saying how my team ignore my instructions :p

this is not meant to be comical.. but it's true and I think ALL of you can relate:

You know youre addicted to FM when.. towards the end of a soul crushing 20 hour marathon you can't get your tactics right.. say you forgot to untick Diarra's free role when starting a different CM and only realized you were playing a guy who is horrible at free role at free role for 65 minutes until you sub him out.. that is when you know your game has gotten real real sloppy.. or having a striker set to often long shot when hes at 9 long shot because the guy who normally starts is a 20 and your eyes were so blinded and blood shot you didnt notice that.. i call it the jitters.. you know that early morning vibe where you know your entire body is wrecked but you can't go to sleep?? the jitters man.. only FM has led me to drink coffee at 1 am in the morning.. FM has made me do a lot of strange things..

the one that really made me laugh are the ones about imaginary press conferences..

giving press conferences to yourself with no one around and giving the reporters names?? that guy made me laugh out loud tonight.. thanks for that buddy.. you named your imaginary reporter Garth?? ROFL!!!!!!!

-----------------------------

"You know your addicted to FM when your gf (mine is long gone) complains about your sexual performance and you claim: 'your so stupid! i'm playing away at your bed on a narrow pitch! this right here is meant for direct passing attacking the flanks on max dimensions! my team can't just adjust to short passing low tempo play on a narrow pitches on the fly!' "

After beating Man Utd 5-0, I m a liverpool fan, nearly ripping into my Man Utd mates for how bad they were!

Just caught myself as a I realisd they wouldn't have a clue!!!

Real Life to FM....... A world of difference

Its all good we beat them 4-1

When you create a poster of your fan's player of the year and stick it on your wall

When I walk down the stairs to the w'house at work which HIGHLY resembles a tunnel to dressing rooms and your mind plays tricks on you so you hear thousands of bouyant fans thumping the ground with their feet whilst grinning. I also woke up at 4am traumatised over my loss to Chelsea with my Fulham team, wondering how I can get the fans back on my side. 7-2!!

...or when I spend the last hour (or five) of the working day reading through tactic and training print offs from the internet and leaning back in your big office chair looking like your deeply involved in a report.

The when your manager asks if you have 'done that report' or 'booking that in' you reply,

"Na, mate sorry I've been way too busy today, get Rich to do it"

...how about when you answer the phone and expect it to be an agent offering you the services of his Brazilian client...then your heart drops when you realise theres actually some real work to do.

...and finally, the most unethical of all, you break the speed limit to get home and put to use the tactics you've found on these forums today.

This is by far my favourite thread EVER! I have chuckled so much over some posts.

1) You point and shout at your laptop and tell the player on the ball where the next pass needs to go!

2) When defending you do the same - point and shout about who a player needs to be marking!

3) In the shower you have imaginary after match analysis in your head of how your team played and listen to what the 'pundits' are saying about your team.

You then do an after match interview in your head.

4) You cant sleep at night because you're analyzing your tactics for the last game and wonder what adjustments you need to make.

5) You cant sleep because you're going through all potential signings and wonder how much you'll need to offer them if the transer request is accpeted

6) Still cant sleep because your biggest transfer target turned you down and you need to have a complete re-think of how your squad is now going to look

7) Realising you may never sleep again because you cant propose a new tactic because you havent got the players in you need yet

8) You havent been outside (except to go to work) for ages

9) You buy a £600 laptop just to play FM09

10) Worktime is just an excuse to use the offices internet to lurk these forums

When you have to re-write a post in this thread 3 times, as the first two efforts came out gibberish due to you posting in 3 FM all-nighter threads in a row with about an hours sleep in-between:o.

(and I'm still not going to sleep till the end of the season in my Milan save).

you didnt go out for your girlfriends birthday, as this was the final straw, the relationship had to end. the look on her face as you tried to explain that you had to sort out your set piece settings and decided you needed a new coach for this area was priceless....

a friend of mine wore a suit for his fa cup final, that made me laugh when he told me

Instead of counting sheep when i cant sleep I try and name all the players in my team

This thread has made me realise im not crazy, other think this much about FM! i was afraid to tellpeople i gave imaginary press conferences!

you've played it every day since you were 6 and are now 16, never missed a version.

And have occasionally missed a lunch when in the middle of a really good game.

oh and reno ive done no.8. Other time for me is football on sat and sunday.

AT least on the good side i have a few friends at school who are almost as addicted as me :D

(and I'm still not going to sleep till the end of the season in my Milan save).

But the summer break provides so many opportunities to get new players and clear the useless ones out. So you shouldn't quit at this important time, keep playing until the following season before taking another break ;)

I must admit a lot of things here I have done myself.

Including introducing new signing to the "fans" (fans being the household cat)

Losing it during a press conference(screaming at the screen, storm out etc.)

Do the cup draws like the announcer on TV.

Commentate on big games.

Also, if a song is playing and I lose the game, that song doesn't get played again during that save.

Must admit, never talked to family about FM though. I do have friends who play and these forums for that.

But the summer break provides so many opportunities to get new players and clear the useless ones out. So you shouldn't quit at this important time, keep playing until the following season before taking another break ;)

Erm...you do realise there were three days between My post and yours dont you?....addicted I may be but there just ain't enough Red Bull in the world for me to pull that one off:D

...the first thing you do after turning on the computer is load up FM, and the last thing before you turn it off is save your game and exit. Even if you don't plan on actually playing it, it's nice to have it there.

And also when you find yourself clapping a good tackle or pass, actually raising a hand to contest a throw in and then waking your wife up who is sleeping after a hard night shift by celebrating a last minute winner in a fifth round FA cup replay.

Erm...you do realise there were three days between My post and yours dont you?....addicted I may be but there just ain't enough Red Bull in the world for me to pull that one off:D

I bet some people on these forums could have managed that ;) Maybe some of the very people commenting in this thread? :D

1) You point and shout at your laptop and tell the player on the ball where the next pass needs to go!

2) When defending you do the same - point and shout about who a player needs to be marking!

3) In the shower you have imaginary after match analysis in your head of how your team played and listen to what the 'pundits' are saying about your team.

You then do an after match interview in your head.

4) You cant sleep at night because you're analyzing your tactics for the last game and wonder what adjustments you need to make.

5) You cant sleep because you're going through all potential signings and wonder how much you'll need to offer them if the transer request is accpeted

6) Still cant sleep because your biggest transfer target turned you down and you need to have a complete re-think of how your squad is now going to look

7) Realising you may never sleep again because you cant propose a new tactic because you havent got the players in you need yet

8) You havent been outside (except to go to work) for ages

9) You buy a £600 laptop just to play FM09

10) Worktime is just an excuse to use the offices internet to lurk these forums

OMG! this is totally me. the only exception, being that i bought a £750 laptop just to play FM.

Archived