You know you are addicted to football manager when............

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Gypsum:

When you assure people that a club's new signing is a quality player, despite the fact you've never seen him play and only recognise the name from FM.

I did that with Zarate (a personal fave. player for the last couple of versions) when Brum signed him. Now my Bluenose mate thinks i'm some sort of Uberscout! LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by dunner:

Suzie, that is a level of lazyness that brings a tear to my eye.

You are my idol lol

Noooo, not lazy - groggy. icon_biggrin.gif

If I'd spent one more minute in my chair, I would've fallen out of it from overgrogularity.

Anyway, it didn't last long. The program which converted the PSP's WiFi signal from joystick to mouse ran out after an hour, it was a trial version and I didn't know. But by then I felt better so I got back out of bed.

Oh and getting real transfers mixed up with FM transfers is something I do all the time. For instance, one player was mentioned on Sky Sports News as playing for one team, and I said "No he doesn't!... Oh, wait..."

Originally posted by Suzie MUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dunner:

Suzie, that is a level of lazyness that brings a tear to my eye.

You are my idol lol

Noooo, not lazy - groggy. icon_biggrin.gif

If I'd spent one more minute in my chair, I would've fallen out of it from overgrogularity.

Anyway, it didn't last long. The program which converted the PSP's WiFi signal from joystick to mouse ran out after an hour, it was a trial version and I didn't know. But by then I felt better so I got back out of bed.

Oh and getting real transfers mixed up with FM transfers is something I do all the time. For instance, one player was mentioned on Sky Sports News as playing for one team, and I said "No he doesn't!... Oh, wait..." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL I did that too! I swore blind to my mate that Alan Smith moved to Middlesboro not Newcastle 'cos he'd gone there on FM... nearly cost be a tenner!

Brilliant thread! makes you fall in lov e with the game all over again!

When you continuously tell your mates about the upcoming youth prospect from Brazil and that they should look out for him...they in meantime are taking notes from the tutor for the next assignment!

When your AMC scores a 90min scorcher from the edge of the box into the top right corner and you run around the house like an aeroplane celebrating your victory and swearing that he will never be dropped. And then asking why Arsenal hasn't signed this Slovenian Star.

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bytheway:

when you make a thread about your efforts to try and quit the game. Then don't succeed. icon_rolleyes.gif

Haha so true, and you made it longer than most people predicted... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, what can i say..."i tried so hard"

When you contemplate splitting up with your girlfriend just so you can play football amanger religiously before she came along!

In the end i made the right decision...I won the F.A cup last week with Swansea...I really miss what was her name? Bogdan Stancu?.?.?.? Oh Well!

Originally posted by Monty_9:

When you contemplate splitting up with your girlfriend just so you can play football amanger religiously before she came along!

In the end i made the right decision...I won the F.A cup last week with Swansea...I really miss what was her name? Bogdan Stancu?.?.?.? Oh Well!

icon_biggrin.gif

When you do not know alot about real football, yet you carry out conversations with your mates about how good teams and players are because you know them on FM.

A big problem with this is when you start talking about player that was transfered in RL when infact it was on FM.

Lee

Originally posted by Hershie:

When people you talk to in the mornings change bus stop.

That one made me laugh out loud.

Well i've done/do most of the things above, but here are a couple more:

1. Me and me colleague at work, sit and talk about FM signings, play on our laptops at lunch and bore the life out our mate's with talk of FM (and we're are the bosses! so there is nowt they can do).

2. when you've played every version since CM95/96 and now you stay up extra late, at the risk of a huge arguement with the missus, only to play cos your bleedin' 10 year old took Arsenal to Champions League glory with the tactic that you developed and can't get to work with Newcastle. AAArrrgggghhhh.

1) When you realise that there are only two weeks of the University semester to go and you've filled three notepads with tactics, plans for signings and working out how many points to win the league. Also, that despite the fact you've attended every lecture, you're not even sure what classes you sat, and when asked what degree and year you're in you fill in your team and what season you've reached

2) When the game tells you to ask your family for more time off and you do it.....

1. When you make up a history of yourself as a player in your head and use FMM to add how many caps/goals you scored. In my head I started as a 16 year old at my team West Brom and came on against Wolves in the second half to score a hat trick. Even creating in your head why you had to retire. Knee Injury at 29 did for me lol.

2. I think people have said about having imaginary press conferences and the like. I think that is the biggest one, I remember making a cup of tea and talking about our FA Cup victory to no one and the missus came into the Kitchen shook her head and walked out.

Originally posted by dingle_eater:

1. When you make up a history of yourself as a player in your head and use FMM to add how many caps/goals you scored. In my head I started as a 16 year old at my team West Brom and came on against Wolves in the second half to score a hat trick. Even creating in your head why you had to retire. Knee Injury at 29 did for me lol.

2. I think people have said about having imaginary press conferences and the like. I think that is the biggest one, I remember making a cup of tea and talking about our FA Cup victory to no one and the missus came into the Kitchen shook her head and walked out.

LOL im always talking to my laptop while playing fm , the missus thinks im on my moblie untill she comes into the same room, she keeps trying to say its only a GAME

when your misius starts a row with you at 3am in the morning because you have just woke her up from the other room screaming because the blue square south team you have taken to the premiership have just won the fa cup final in the 93rd minute icon14.gif

well worth the silent treatment

Originally posted by dingle_eater:

2. I think people have said about having imaginary press conferences and the like.

I thought I was the only one !!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Hows this for addicted?

Me and my mates are planning to say we are going on holiday for a couple of days, instead....

we are going to play FM at a hotel with wireless connection 24 hrs a day, NO INTERUPTIONS from anyone!!! SAD or what!?

You sit in the pub on a staurday afternoon praising the talents of some obscure argentinians

Or when you find out your new girlfriends surname is the same as your legendary youth regen and proceed to bore her for 3 hours giving her a blow by blow account of his career so far.................and she ends it!!

Things i do to show im addicted :

Spend an entire days worth of lessons showing my mates tactics i use and creating my own 'Best player guide' on random pieces of paper. Also play my mates at a football game like Fifa, choose random teams like U.C.A.D and recognise one of the players and get called sad for knowing players from mexico xD

Originally posted by waz_nufc_awk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hershie:

When people you talk to in the mornings change bus stop.

That one made me laugh out loud.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love you. icon_biggrin.gif

You are addicted when you start having dreams about the wee circles representing the players flying about the place.

And you also dream about your next game (Final of FA Cup with Tottenham against Arsenal)

(Winning it will save your job, defeat will get you the sack)

When you go football training in the morning and call ure managers tactics crap just cause you win champions league on a game

Plan ure tranfers out for next season when the window closes

comming up with a dance evry time you score

when selecting team talk u actually talk and tell players what they have to do and hoping some way they heard you

Originally posted by americas4ever:

When you are playing a real football game and you start thinking which rating FM should give you if you have 4 shots and 3 of them are on target and scored 1 ... I think to myself: " I should get a 8 rating"

I do this, but a bit worse, if i'm playing in goals, save 8 shots, let in 2, i say to myself at the end "if this was FM, and I was a key player, it would say "he played well and didn't deserve to concede the goals he did""

icon_razz.gif

You put a suit on for MK Dons's FA Cup Final against Arsenal. You are a Championship team, the underdog. Amazingly, you lead 3-2 until Carlos Vela equalises in injury time. You go absolute ballistic, there is a suspicion of offside. In extra time, Javier Portillo then grabs the winner for MK Dons from the Penalty Spot on 119mins. You are now elated. Your housemate then comes into your room to see what all the noise is about. He sees you jumping up and down in your suit. He looks at you weirdly, but he is an FM **** as well, he sees the monitor, he smiles, he joins in the celebrations. After about 5 minutes you realise that it is only a game and you never talk to each other about how two 23year old men could get so excited about a computer game.

1. When your girlfriend/wife look damn sexy in her new dress and you think of offering her a new 3 year contract.

2. When your friend argues with you over something and you put your hands in your pocket to show him a red card.

when every single day of the week you think about playing FM and imagine sitting at home in bliss playing with no interupttions, or when you book a few days holiday with the intention of not doing jobs around the house for the better half and instead chill out sit back with some cold chilled beer and relax in FM heaven, man i wish i wasnt working today icon_frown.gif

When you apply for a managment position in real file stating all your achievements with the club in question on Football Manager - As I did when Alan Pardew left Reading for West Ham !!!!

Ha Ha Ha look at the Royals now !! I bet Nicky Hammond is forever rueing the day he wrote me that letter of rejection saying that I didn't have enough experience within the professional game.

......Or perhaps not...!

Originally posted by BenskiSullivanovich:

When you apply for a managment position in real file stating all your achievements with the club in question on Football Manager - As I did when Alan Pardew left Reading for West Ham !!!!

Ha Ha Ha look at the Royals now !! I bet Nicky Hammond is forever rueing the day he wrote me that letter of rejection saying that I didn't have enough experience within the professional game.

......Or perhaps not...!

Did you really get a letter? The guy who got a reply from Steve Gibson when he applied for the 'Boro job is a legend (Altho' more so Gibson for his humour)!

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BenskiSullivanovich:

......Or perhaps not...!

Did you really get a letter? The guy who got a reply from Steve Gibson when he applied for the 'Boro job is a legend (Altho' more so Gibson for his humour)! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah LOL I've still got it as a momento. What confused me was that the headed paper clearly stated that Alan Pardew was still the manager !!

I wrote back again saying that if the did employ me one of my first taske would be to find a more prudent administration team but that letter must have got lost in the post because they never replied :-)

I cannot find a copy of the original letter I sent to them, it was quite funny. If I find it I'll post it up with a scan of the reply from Reading.

Archived