You know you are addicted to football manager when............

Sittin in school today ( what are the chances of this happening when i find this thread lol . . ) i was bored sitting in classes so i started to think of tactics for my spurs game and started putting it down on paper and what players i would try too buy :D

Am so addicted to Fm its scary haha ( always say , 30 minz then its going off and next thing its 2 hours later ) :D lol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when you'v only played fm for 10 hours this week and you get withdrawals

when you can easily rattle off the names of 20 or 30 great players and your mates havnt heard of a single one

you know the names of all the best players to sign there nationality and age but you cant remember your own birthday

when one of your friends said FM was sh*t while you were eating in McDonalds and you made a 'scene'

when you nearly cry when you meet someone as addicted as you

when your lifelong ambition is to be included in FM

when you were reading the terms and conditions of the Top Trumps competition and found out you arent eligible :( you nearly fainted

when you think of applying as a scout to your favorite team even though your only experience is FM

you get upset that all football teams dont have stats for there players on there websites

you have to say an emotional goodbye to all your saves when a new FM comes out

When your having a shower and interviewing yourself.

When you sign a new player from brazil and pretend you know brazilian in order to give him match orders.

When you call your girlfriend by the name of your new £30million pound striker.

lol- no such thing as brazilian- they speak portuguese :p

when your lying in bed and in your head you pretend to be in a sky sports news report about how well you've done as a young manager.

oh and by the way, pretty much all these things ive done at some point during my long FM/CM career. Its satisfying to know im not the only person who does this stuff. Ive been caught several times celebrating around the house, once brother walked into my room and i had both hands in the air, head high, both eyes closed, just pants.

I've injured myself celebrating goals before. Still didn't stop me attempting a cartwheel on my bed! I promptly fell off and smacked my head off a shelf. The first thing I did was check to see if the game had actually finished.

No matter how late I score I still expect an AI equaliser!

when your playing fm and your gf is sitting near you watching tv, your team scores a last minute goal to secure the prem, you jump up in the air and start shouting "oh yesss, ive won the league"... you then go over to your other half and start kissing her in excitement and one thing leads to another!!

:thup::D:p

^^^^^ Score hahahaha

When you start looking for the regens you had in the previous title not realising that 99.999999% chance of them not being there again.

Then you see his name mentioned in the in the 'processing' screen as having his contract expire and get all excited until you realise that there about 50 players named carlos alberto playing in the midfield :|

You have successfully bought Lassana Diarra and he perform very well in your team.

When you are watching SPL in front of the tv, Real Madrid against bla bla bla, then you realise that Diarra is on Real Madrid starting line!

"It is a bug! Diarra is in my team..."

When you remeber the name of young players from argentina who became the best in the world and get said when they don't make it in RL, Franco Costanzo. Or when one of those players makes it good, Carlos Tevez, but doesn't go to you favourite team and wonder what the manager was thinking, and then a year later going to your team :D Then thinking, he doesn't look like what i thought he would from how he played in FM

I've injured myself celebrating goals before. Still didn't stop me attempting a cartwheel on my bed! I promptly fell off and smacked my head off a shelf. The first thing I did was check to see if the game had actually finished.

Nice! It's good to see we all have our priorities in order on these forums :thup:

I once spent a holiday with my parents years ago just buying football magazines, writing down players names for when I got back home from Spain, so that I could buy them in a hotseat game with my mate. They were just random players, but all holiday I wanted to play CM...

• 2 weeks later...

... when in real life searching for your first job and wondering why your work applications have been rejected despite your reputation being "continental"

... when you start learning other languages to be capable of reading the internet supporters forum of your FM team

... when you search all the airline routes and ticket prices in order to provide your Cook Islands team the most economical trip to friendly at Aruba. And then you do the trip on your Flight Simulator.

... when every night before sleeping you imagine top 10 eurogoals of your FM team

... when you invent fantasy football forum for your team, including the topics and the posts

... when you pretend your FM club has its own TV Channel, 24 h per day, day to day in-depth analysis

... while arranging the Christmas tree and tinkering with the ornaments, you wonder if your 2 AMCs will get more or less creative freedom and where the team (khm, tree) width will come from

... next year you do not buy Christmas tree because your 4-3-2-1 proved to be underachieving (ask Kaka)

youre best striker stephen keibling gets injured for 4 weeks on when he has a week left asks to be listed because i aint playing him then shout repeatedly at the screen of your laptop, you then ask for a mutual termination and then to release him and when it is blocked you sack your ass man for not sacking him

then sign a 30yr old robbie keane as a replacement and it takes him 12 games to score A goal then look in the reserves to see if keibling is doing well to find he is in red hot form for the reserves then put him in the first team(reluctantly after many matches of keane not scoring then has a worse baron run than keane)

• 2 weeks later...

when you tell your mates to look out for a certain youngster & tell them hes going to be amazing when hes older

when your missus constantly calls you a loser

when your family constantly call you a loser

when your mates look at you as if to say "shut up, your boring" when your telling them about your 26year newcastle career

when you get to work & find out they've accidently booked you a days holiday & ask you if want a couple of jobs to do instead of having it off & you think nah im alright thanks FM09 is calling me

whilst driving home all you can think about is who to buy & what to do about that player who wants to leave your club

When talking football with your mates you realise you're thinking of the FM World and not the real one. Especially when you're in 2027 and you're talking about how good the Welsh side will be in a few years thanks to Merthyr Tydfil's youth system...

I remember I was playing in a Champions League with Arsenal against Inter Milan on 08. It was the quarter final stage and the first leg had saw me lose 2-1 at the San Siro. I'd taken them back to the Emirates in search of a goal but just couldn't find it. 65th minute, Luka Modric plays a terrific pass into the danger area for Adebayor to pounce on and score.

I scream in true Clive Tyldseley style...

"ADVANTAGE ARSENAL!"

I have also find myself acting as Matt Le Tissier or Phil Thompson when I'm playing a 3 o'clock kick off.

if your not actually playing the game your on this website...

im waiting on my laptop to arrive in the post and have the sweats trying not to start a new game on this because i mite fall in love with it and not be able to transfer the game without difficulty :D

Archived