Sports Interactive Community
jayahr

Former CM/FM-only legends, where are they now?

Always remember on cm00/01 or 01/02 there was an Angolan free agent who always got snapped up beginning of season i forget his name now but he always turned out decent.

And playing as gers once the season Martin Palermo was godly, the dutch centre back Bert Konterman, insanely good in SPL

Always remember on cm00/01 or 01/02 there was an Angolan free agent who always got snapped up beginning of season i forget his name now but he always turned out decent.

And playing as gers once the season Martin Palermo was godly, the dutch centre back Bert Konterman, insanely good in SPL

Bert Konterman retired from football in 2004, leaving Vitesse, a Dutch football club from Arnhem.

It's such a pity he never went into coaching, seeing as his surname literally translates into 'assman'. :D

Can anyone remember Peter Prospar, think he was on CM 99/00, 18 yr old Striker with 20 pace and 20 shooting, fast forward to CM 00/01 he was 31 and rubbish :D

According to Wikipedia Peter Prospar is still playing in his twilight years... at the age of 40 he is playing for Racing Beirut in Lebanon. I wonder if he plays CM 99/00 and buys himself at Real Madrid and pretends to be a star?

I think also an easy one: Kennedy Bakircioglü currently plays for Ajax, although he is not really a starter.

Kennedy is Brilliant in FM10 bought him for Sheff Wed for 900K player of the seasons 17 goals 33 assists, still got it lol, virtually anyways

Cm97/98 time - anybody ever buy Ralph Brand from Brechin for peanuts - think I ended up selling him to Man U for £7M ish a few times? Don't think he ever made it out of the lower leagues

Others have been mentioned, I always started with Walsall so had Dean Keates to begin with then - he was very useful tho :)

Another free-transfer bargain on 01/02 was Olsen, can't remember his name though. Danish, could play anything from the right fullback to striker, usually did brilliantly.

And Haruna Babangida, who was in Barca to begin with, iirc.

Oh and Kieron Richardson, that one's pretty easy. :)

Anyone remember Perica Ognjenovic playing in Real Madrid in 00/01 version? He was godlike in the game.

He came from Red Star to R. Madrid when he was only 19. Now he plays for Vojvodina, a team in Serbian's First League.

Whatever happened to Valeri Bojinov?

Perica Ognjenovic only had a trial with Vojvodina which he failed he now plays for FK Jagodina in serbian First League

Another free-transfer bargain on 01/02 was Olsen, can't remember his name though. Danish, could play anything from the right fullback to striker, usually did brilliantly.

Casper or Carsten, iirc.

Moukoko is still playing in Finland for Atlantis FC.

Anyone ever come across a striker called Ben Abbey? Think he played for a host of lower league clubs, Oxford and Southend being among them. Remember my brother having a save in either CM 01-02 or the Xbox 02-03 version where he was ridiculously prolific and won World Player of the Year - despite that England hardly ever called up for international honours for some reason.

Moukoko is still playing in Finland for Atlantis FC.

Anyone ever come across a striker called Ben Abbey? Think he played for a host of lower league clubs, Oxford and Southend being among them. Remember my brother having a save in either CM 01-02 or the Xbox 02-03 version where he was ridiculously prolific and won World Player of the Year - despite that England hardly ever called up for international honours for some reason.

Ben Abbey had spells with 14 clubs, including Maidenhead United, Crawley Town, Oxford United, Aldershot Town (loan), Southend United, Stevenage Borough, Woking, Macclesfield Town, Gravesend & Northfleet, St Albans City, Farnborough Town, Hampton & Richmond Borough, and the Metropolitan Police, before joining Tooting and Mitcham, where he retired in 2007.

Mads Jorgenson?

Mads Jorgenson had spells with 5 clubs, including AGF Aarhus, Brøndby IF, A.C. Ancona, Stabæk Fotball, and Brøndby IF, before returning to his first club, AGF Aarhus, in 2007. He played there for a year, before retiring in 2008 due to a string of injuries.

I remember an Argentinian called Marcelo Delgado, he won a few international caps. IRL played as an inside forward, cutting in from either flank to deadly effect. Had him in '07 using a huge database and he was excellent. Just noticed that in '10 he's 36 and available on a free, lol... might grab him for old times sake...

Any news on the FM/CM comedy name players... Semen Semenov for instance?

Jan Kristiansen and Julius Aghahowa

Jan Kristiansen has made 11 appearances for Denmark, starting in 2003. On the 16th of July, 2008, he signed a 5 year contract with Brøndby IF.

Julius Aghahowa scored 14 goals in 32 international caps from 1999 to 2006, when he retired from international football. In 2009, he moved from Kayserispor to Shakhtar Donetsk, where he had previously played for 7 years (2000 to 2007). He moved on a free transfer, after being released by Kayserispor.

Kerlon got a knee injury at Chievo which kept him out of the squad. He might yet fulfil his promise, but more likely his injury proneness will keep him from doing that.

Ajax loaned Kerlon (when he was still badly injured) from Inter this season with no wage costs and a option to buy him for a really low price (maybe even a free transfer, not sure). Imo this was just a desperate move from Inter to get rid of a player that is so injury prone he will never fulfil his potential. Ajax managed to get Kerlon match fit, he played 1 or 2 matches in the reserves and got injured again. After that he has been spotted in the local nightlife a few times. I'm pretty sure Ajax will not use the option to buy and he'll probably end up as a free transfer when he goes back to Inter.

Some more faces from Ajax. I remember (I think it was in CM01/02 or something) when Ajax attacking force was the combination of Ibrahimovic and Mido. Both were quite equal in the game and attracted big clubs. Now Ibrahimovic is touted as the best striker in the world while Mido is bechwarmer in West Ham.

Haha, what about Peter Prospar?

I go really way back on this one though, must be CM 95 or something. He was 18, and ridiculous. On the next CM he was 30 and sucked donkey balls :)

And already mentioned, Supat Rungratsmee. The eternal teenager

John Fashanu was my all time fav striker in the old cm days, would always be Wimbledon as a supporter anyway he was one of the best :)

bojan djordic and luke chadwick were amazing wingers in one series for manchester united and have failed to do anything IRL.

John Fashanu was my all time fav striker in the old cm days, would always be Wimbledon as a supporter anyway he was one of the best :)

then he bought my local club Barry Town and destroyed them.

then he bought my local club Barry Town and destroyed them.

Never knew that, knew he had alot of fingers in some pies but sorry to see that and i was basing my comments on his football skills, but as a individual he was a plonker as i met him a few times and his head was always up his backside.

Lulinha on FM08 was a legend, turned out better than Kaka for me on my Milan save.

What's he do these days and could he still become a great?

I know he was a superstar so he doesn't really count here, but it's so baffling that I'm going to add it anyway: Rivaldo is currently performing his magic at 37 in ... Uzbekistan :o

But did he ever quite make it on the world stage ?!!?

Iddi Alkhag - I think he even turned out for Norwich but alas IRL he was Pony !!

Damian Luna - IRL I think he changed his name to Lionel Messi

Dagoberto - He's gotta be playing somewhere !!!!

Iddi was never rated particularly high, though.

A personal friend of mine, btw.

Plays in Greece now and played 15 Danish U21 matches.

Had to mention as no-one else seemingly has:

CM01/02 (the best ever edition imo)

Coventry at the start of the game had at least 5 players under 16, all of which would become godlike:

Antonio Galleri

and the two Christensen brothers, Mark and Matthew I think, one of which was 13, and the other was 14!

Must have been totally made up :)

From the same game: To Madeira's teammates at Gouveia - Joao Paralta and Andre.

As someone has already said:- Ibrahim Al-Said, but there were other Egyptians:- Kamouna, Hany Al-Said (who i think actually did make it)

and some ace strikers whose names escape me.

Off to reload CM 01/02 methinks!

Cherno Samba (born 10 January 1985 in Banjul) is a Gambian footballer for Greek Beta Ethniki club Panetolikos F.C.

He came to prominence when as a 13-year-old, he scored 132 goals in 32 games.[2]

He was approached by various agents, but eventually signed school boy forms with Millwall,

Matuzalem was one I always got besides Ibrahimovic and Bakircioglü, I think CM3 (99 ?). He actually still plays at high level, Lazio atm.

Geoff Pitcher seems to play for St Francis Rangers FC, Sussex County League Div1 ! That guy has dragged my Farnborough Town from the conference to the Premiership in that same CM3 version, he scored 50+ goals per season as AMC :D

Jan Kristiansen and Julius Aghahowa
Jan Kristiansen has made 11 appearances for Denmark, starting in 2003. On the 16th of July, 2008, he signed a 5 year contract with Brøndby IF.

Julius Aghahowa scored 14 goals in 32 international caps from 1999 to 2006, when he retired from international football. In 2009, he moved from Kayserispor to Shakhtar Donetsk, where he had previously played for 7 years (2000 to 2007). He moved on a free transfer, after being released by Kayserispor.

I thought I was the one people that knows Jan. I remember when I was in Real Madrid, he destroyed playing.

Ajax loaned Kerlon (when he was still badly injured) from Inter this season with no wage costs and a option to buy him for a really low price (maybe even a free transfer, not sure). Imo this was just a desperate move from Inter to get rid of a player that is so injury prone he will never fulfil his potential. Ajax managed to get Kerlon match fit, he played 1 or 2 matches in the reserves and got injured again. After that he has been spotted in the local nightlife a few times. I'm pretty sure Ajax will not use the option to buy and he'll probably end up as a free transfer when he goes back to Inter.

I'm pretty sure he is now very overweight and and playing in Japanese 3rd Divison, and still making tragic attempts at his seal dribble move that don't work

I can't remember which Football manager it was (Maybe 2007 or 2008) but there was a player who was only on the database when Inter Milan was the team you managed. I can't remember the team he played for either but I know his name was Luizinho, me and a friend did AC vs Inter save and he bought him and I can remember him quite clearly winning games for my friend single handedly, I think he had something like 15 goals and 12 assists in 10 games and played AMR. Does anyone else remember him?

Just remembered he played for VVV-Venlo, I would love it if someone had a screen shot of his stats from 2007 or 2008

Probably been mentioned and im not even sure he exists but Sindre Loe Bing from some Norwiegian side springs to mind.

on fm 08 i found henri saivet and he turned out amazing for me, looked at his wikki there and he just seems to be a average 22 year old these days

Well, in CM 01-02 there was the legendary Forward SERGEY NIKIFORENKO, but he was a fictional player, unfortunately :/

Also, Irish Central Defender PAT MCGIBBON (Man Utd) in basic CM2: won the Premiership Player of the Year award for 5 years straight. Monster :D

He wasn't. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syarhey_Nikiforenka. That's the correct Belorussian spelling. He retired at Shakhtyor.

Tonton Zola Moukoko now plays in some 4th or 5th division club in Sweden, together with his brother, who is also a coach there.

Marcin Harasimowicz - CM 01/02 legend - is a journalist.

Maxim Tsigalko (correct spelling: Maksim Tsyhalka) now owns a house-renovation company in Minsk, having retired at 28 due to persistent injuries.

Kamil Loch - who was really good in CM 3 - died in a car accident.

From CM 01/02 stars:

Michael Zepek - retired after being touted as the next best thing in Germany, now football agent

Samuele Dalla Bona - trying to make a living in Mantova

Jonathan Fortune - too weak for Exeter...

Aldo Alejandro Jara - he was an amazing young Paraguayan striker - now at Sportivo Iteno - the weakest team in Paraguayan Second Division

Dejan Komljenović - NK Varażdin reserves

Denis Calincov - then wonderkid from Anderlecht, now a substitute at Dacia Chisinau

Bruno Ferraz das Neves - my all-time favorite from CM 01/02, a true legend from Gremio, IRL reserve team player at Guarani

Rudy Carlier - French wonderkid, ended up in 3rd division

Francisco Alberoni - managed to get 2 games for Inter Milan, returned home and never came back to Europe

Anderson Costa - traveled the world, returned home to ABC Natal

Andres Aimar - Pablo's less talented brother, now at Estudiantes Rio Cuarto

Eric Akoto - one of better defenders in CM 01/02, now at Austria Klagenfurt

THE SUPER GREEKS including famous Anastasios Skalidis, Anestis Anastasiadis, Nikos Tobros, Manolis Lygkos, etc. - most of them never made it even to the top league in Greece, though Anestis was a schoolboy at Barcelona

Oh and there's of course MADS BEIERHOLM. Amazing AM RC. Retired at 25 playing for Middelfart.

thats very sutble !! i like that!

for those who dont know he pulled a knife on a team mate in training when at millwall, or was it west ham?

He went for Mark McCammon with a kitchen knife in the training canteen at Millwall.

We had him on loan at Bradford a couple of years ago was an enigma but sadly broke his leg.

Think poor mans Balotelli and your close.

Never knew that, knew he had alot of fingers in some pies but sorry to see that and i was basing my comments on his football skills, but as a individual he was a plonker as i met him a few times and his head was always up his backside.

His daughter is hot though...Amal her name is!

On a CM/FM note, Why has nobody mentioned Sebastien Frey...the next best thing in goalkeeping terms when he was 18/19...looks fat n past it now currently at Genoa i think?

His daughter is hot though...Amal her name is!

On a CM/FM note, Why has nobody mentioned Sebastien Frey...the next best thing in goalkeeping terms when he was 18/19...looks fat n past it now currently at Genoa i think?

I rated Frey In real life. never got a shot with a massive club. getting old now though.