Sports Interactive Community
jayahr

Former CM/FM-only legends, where are they now?

Eddie Johnson! Absolute beast of a target man a couple of FMs ago.

Went to Fulham irl but couldn't break into the first team. Went on loan to Cardiff last year where he scored 2 goals in 30 apps.

In FM2007, Eddie Johnson was a monster in the right lineup.

Too bad that was never the real Eddie.

Anyone remembers Inter Milan's Nello Russo?

I'm not sure which version it was (CM3, or CM 99-00?), but he was among the best Italian prospects in the game.

I vaguely remember him scoring a goal with Inter, thus being hailed as a future star... Then I've never seen or heard of him again. According to Wikipedia it's not surprising, as he pretty much wandered between 2. and 3. tier without shining.

anatoli todorov is without a doubt one of my favourite players of all time, would be my first signing every time

I cant believe hes not been mentioned and its the most obvious of all the legends! MARTIN PALERMO! Mr Champ Man himself :p Wat about Fernando Henrique the goalkeeper from Fluminese (I think) on FM07.

Ahh, reading post after post, waiting for somebody to finally say it : Mark Tobin :D

Started at 15, he went to on to become the best defensive midfielder in the world. I don't really remember his brother Derek, but Mark was immense.

And Kurniawan was one of the trio with Andres Nicolas Oliveira and Leandro Romagnoli that helped my Milan to world domination.

All these should be in CM 99, IIRC.

I cant believe hes not been mentioned and its the most obvious of all the legends! MARTIN PALERMO! Mr Champ Man himself :p

Well, Martin Palermo has turned out quite well, at least in his native Argentina where he's the 10th Top Scorer in the history of the league.

Of course his stint in Spain was far from stellar, and he'll always be remembered as "The Guy who missed THREE penalties in one game", or "The Guy who broke a leg while celebrating a goal", but still, Palermo does hardly deserve to be listed among the CM/FM Legends-who-never-made-it.

CM2's Magnus Erlingmark - from IFK Goteborg - he actually in real life stayed there from 1993-2004, before retiring in 2005 fairly undistinguished, his international career ended in 1998.

Cant believe nobody has mentioned Lionel Morgan of Wimbledon or Billy Jones of Crewe from CM 03/04???

Lionel Morgan retired due to injury when he was 21, in 2004. He now coaches at Broadwater United.

Billy Jones moved to Preston North End in 2007, where he has collected 96 apps, and scored 5 goals so far. He's captained all England international teams up to U20 level.

Daniel Sjolund looked like a prospect at West Ham and the pool all those years ago, has retreated back to Finland and now plays for Djurgårdens.

Lionel Morgan retired due to injury when he was 21, in 2004. He now coaches at Broadwater United.

Billy Jones moved to Preston North End in 2007, where he has collected 96 apps, and scored 5 goals so far. He's captained all England international teams up to U20 level.

I will be forever grateful to both players for the starring roles they played in my Champions League Triumph with Sunderland!!!!... Shame about Lionel, he was the star of my team in that game.. average rating of almost 9 every season!!!

I had an Alfonso Piola (sp?) or something in my Inter squad in 01/02 I think... not a mega star but he scored several goals for me.

I had an Alfonso Piola (sp?) or something in my Inter squad in 01/02 I think... not a mega star but he scored several goals for me.

anyone remember willie howie from 2000/01 i think? he was amazing,ended up with 100+ caps and a huge career with man utd

The infamous launch of CM3 brought us a goal machine called Javier Saviola, where every ppl who played in the premier league at that time tried to find ways to get thru the newly work permit system to sign him

IRL he turned into an above average and fine finisher, not superstar tho due to his undersize

there was also a goalkeeper called Bywaters from Aston Villa in CM3 - CM00/01

during the CM00/01 - later or before version, there are two god defenders from Ancherlet, Boumoung and Mexes(maybe him or maybe some other dude i cant remembered) they became an above average players irl as well

thanks

anyone remember willie howie from 2000/01 i think? he was amazing,ended up with 100+ caps and a huge career with man utd

He plays for Glenafton Athletic F.C. now, a team in Scotland. They haven't won anything since the 2005-06 season.

Well, Martin Palermo has turned out quite well, at least in his native Argentina where he's the 10th Top Scorer in the history of the league.

Of course his stint in Spain was far from stellar, and he'll always be remembered as "The Guy who missed THREE penalties in one game", or "The Guy who broke a leg while celebrating a goal", but still, Palermo does hardly deserve to be listed among the CM/FM Legends-who-never-made-it.

Still he was amazing on Champ Man and could have scored goals at any level! So irl he hasnt achieved what he did in the game :D

I had Willie Howie as a captain of my world cup winning Scotland team in some old version, that couldn't be much further removed from reality. One I think I've asked elsewhere on here before, does anyone remember Rhys Carpenter from, I think, FM 05? Welsh striker, not world class but could get around 15-20 in the Premiership usually and got loads of goals for Wales for me, up front with Cameron Jerome. Nothing about him on the internet far as I can tell.

I had Willie Howie as a captain of my world cup winning Scotland team in some old version, that couldn't be much further removed from reality. One I think I've asked elsewhere on here before, does anyone remember Rhys Carpenter from, I think, FM 05? Welsh striker, not world class but could get around 15-20 in the Premiership usually and got loads of goals for Wales for me, up front with Cameron Jerome. Nothing about him on the internet far as I can tell.

I'm pretty sure Rhys Carpenter no longer plays football, even though he's only 23 by my reckoning.

Cameron Jerome is much easier. ;) He plays for Birmingham City, if you wanted to know. He became too old for the England U21s in 2007 and failed to make the jump to senior level.

Kerlon looks to be going this way. Hes was amazing on like FM05-06 but in real life he doesnt seem to be doing anything, and as a matter of fact he always seems to retire?

I remember Jonathan Makabu Ma-Kalambay and his brother Yves (i think thats the right names) they were necver amazing but i always remember Jonathan being a 13 year old striker for PSV, leading to me often signing him, i think Yves plays in scotland now?

Im glad there were also people asking about the legendary Mads Jorgensen and Cavenaghi :D

Does anyone ever remember what happened to Denilson? He was awesome in FM and in real life, but he suddenly seemed to disappear?

I always remember Harpel Singh at leeds having awesome stats.

Kerlon looks to be going this way. Hes was amazing on like FM05-06 but in real life he doesnt seem to be doing anything, and as a matter of fact he always seems to retire?

I remember Jonathan Makabu Ma-Kalambay and his brother Yves (i think thats the right names) they were necver amazing but i always remember Jonathan being a 13 year old striker for PSV, leading to me often signing him, i think Yves plays in scotland now?

Im glad there were also people asking about the legendary Mads Jorgensen and Cavenaghi :D

Does anyone ever remember what happened to Denilson? He was awesome in FM and in real life, but he suddenly seemed to disappear?

I always remember Harpel Singh at leeds having awesome stats.

Kerlon moved from Chievo in early 2009 to Internazionale. For the 2009/10 season, he's gone on loan to Ajax, but you're right. He has made no appearances for either Ajax or Inter, and only made 4 for Chievo in a year.

Yves Makabu Ma-Kalambay moved from Chelsea to Hibernian in 2007, and has made 57 appearances for them. His younger brother Johnathon is a member of the youth team at R.S.C. Anderlecht.

Denilson, if you mean the one I think you mean, still plays for Arsenal. He's fine.

Harpel Singh drifted out of the limelight somewhat, with 4 loan spells over 4 years with various lower league clubs. He moved away from Leeds in 2005 to Stockport County. He then moved to Sligo Rovers, Bohemians, and Dundalk, never spending a full season at any of them. In the Summer transfer window of 2009 he moved to Guiseley AFC, which is where he is now.

:thup:

ah thanks thats some great info, really good to know.

However the denilson i meant was the legendary denilson, the one that played for Betis he was actually ace in real life. But literally 2004 hit and he disappeared?? he was only like 27 at the time too.

Actually i just found him on my FM game, hes a scout now, spent 2009 at some weird clubs... Itumbairia and Hai Phong???

ah thanks thats some great info, really good to know.

However the denilson i meant was the legendary denilson, the one that played for Betis he was actually ace in real life. But literally 2004 hit and he disappeared?? he was only like 27 at the time too.

Actually i just found him on my FM game, hes a scout now, spent 2009 at some weird clubs... Itumbairia and Hai Phong???

Oh, that one. Here ya go:

On 6 January 2009, Denílson was taken on trial by English Premier League side Bolton Wanderers with a chance to sign a contract until the end of the season. According to Bolton Wanderers manager Gary Megson, Denílson's arrival has drawn attention from football clubs around the world, who had been alerted to his status as a free agent, however Bolton have now said they are not interested in signing him. Denílson has recently admitted: "I want to play in Europe, but I am not in a rush. I have received proposals from England, Greece, Turkey, and Germany. And I am studying them. I understand that this is the time to return to European football, but if I am not convinced by any offer I hope to continue in Brazil, where there are also clubs interested in me."

After terminating his contract with Palmeiras, the 31-year-old forward has signed a three month deal with Itumbiara. He was then linked to the Australian A-League, with Perth Glory.

On 2 June 2009, Denilson signed a six month contract with Vietnamese club Xi Măng Hải Phòng, a deal that makes the Brazilian the V-League's highest profile player in its history. After much speculation about Denílson's anticipated debut for Xi Măng Hải Phòng, on 21 June 2009, he finally played his first game and scored from a free-kick just two minutes into the game against Hoàng Anh Gia Lai. After only three weeks at the club he quit, playing just half a match and scoring one goal for the club, due to injury.

Wikipedia is your friend. :D

Kerlon moved from Chievo in early 2009 to Internazionale. For the 2009/10 season, he's gone on loan to Ajax, but you're right. He has made no appearances for either Ajax or Inter, and only made 4 for Chievo in a year.

He got injured in pre-season and is still out, afaik, so that would explain (at least in part) why he hasn't played for Ajax yet.

Your point still stands though, he doesn't look like fulfilling that promise any time soon.

He got injured in pre-season and is still out, afaik, so that would explain (at least in part) why he hasn't played for Ajax yet.

Your point still stands though, he doesn't look like fulfilling that promise any time soon.

I didn't know he was injured. :thup:

But yeah, 4 appearances in 2 years really doesn't spell a bright future, as no injury lasts 2 years (or at least no injury that he's had).

there was tht guy from south america called salas, who was a legend on FM05 or 06

and tht crazy good 15 y/o from colo colo.

cant remember thier names, but the young lad was like the youingest ever chilien international lol

Anyone remember a Russian Striker from i think it was 01/02, might be wrong, I used to remember he was amazing, also remember a thread about him where someone signed him from Barcelona and he was a goal machine, scoring over 1000 goals for them.

Cant mind the name for the life of me, but i have a vague feeling he playing for some Eastern European team at the start of the game, anyone got any ideas? Been bugging me for ages.

there was tht guy from south america called salas, who was a legend on FM05 or 06

and tht crazy good 15 y/o from colo colo.

cant remember thier names, but the young lad was like the youingest ever chilien international lol

Do you mean Marcelo Salas? If so, he retired from football in 2008, from the team Universidad de Chile. He played a farewell game on June 2, 2009, in front of more than 60,000 fans. He played for both sides apparently and scored three goals.

Anyone remember a Russian Striker from i think it was 01/02, might be wrong, I used to remember he was amazing, also remember a thread about him where someone signed him from Barcelona and he was a goal machine, scoring over 1000 goals for them.

Cant mind the name for the life of me, but i have a vague feeling he playing for some Eastern European team at the start of the game, anyone got any ideas? Been bugging me for ages.

I think you might mean Maxim Tsigalko, he was crazy good on 01/02 and I've seen many screenshots posted by people of him scoring 1000+ goals in his career. IIRC he was Belarusian though, not Russian, so I'm not 100% sure he's the one you mean.

Do you mean Marcelo Salas? If so, he retired from football in 2008, from the team Universidad de Chile. He played a farewell game on June 2, 2009, in front of more than 60,000 fans. He played for both sides apparently and scored three goals.

nah he was a proper young chap, winger/striker, mighta been columbian. could be bought proper cheap, and then he turned into a monstor. always signed by wigan on my games, in thier 1st prem season.

franklin salas mighta been the name

yup i remembered him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Salas

he were equadorian

now i think of it, itas more than possibel this was back when i played CMhnadheld on the psp. what got me into it.

with the loan/youth team signing glitch. god i loved tht glitch

I think you might mean Maxim Tsigalko, he was crazy good on 01/02 and I've seen many screenshots posted by people of him scoring 1000+ goals in his career. IIRC he was Belarusian though, not Russian, so I'm not 100% sure he's the one you mean.

Hmm, for some reason the name doesn't ring a bell, must of been an older version of CM then, I'm almost positive he was Russian, ack if only i could remember the name, for some reason Slavia Prague springs to mind, will have to check my 01/02 version and try and find him.

Edit: I think it may have been Maxim Tsigalko, the name Max reminds me of a player but i still remember him being Russian, mabey I'll find him someday heh.

Edit 2: Yup thats him, just checked CM 01/02, the fact he plays for Dynamo Minsk put me off that he was Russian. Thanks for the help robert :)

Man that was some time ago, brings back some memories heh.

Mine is Konrad Nowak from I think FM2006 or CM4 i think

Bought him always for around 5k and he could play all the way up to premier league

Mine is Konrad Nowak from I think FM2006 or CM4 i think

Bought him always for around 5k and he could play all the way up to premier league

I found several pages on the internet about this guy. Unfortunately they're all in foreign languages. :rolleyes:

Nicolas Millan

He's currently playing for Lincoln de Rivadavia, on loan from Colo-Colo. He's the youngest player to have ever represented Chille, and in September 2009, Everton took him on trial.

In 01/02 and 03/04 I always used Dean Keates - Walsall?- in central midfield with Danny? Street from Crewe as a left winger.With these two I wlways did well as Villa, Coventry and Wolves. Strange how some players stay in your mind.

In 01/02 and 03/04 I always used Dean Keates - Walsall?- in central midfield with Danny? Street from Crewe as a left winger.With these two I wlways did well as Villa, Coventry and Wolves. Strange how some players stay in your mind.

Dean Keates moved from Walsall to Peterborough United in 2007. His contract with them is up this year. His one winners medal is for being a League Two Champion, with Walsall.

The only Street I can find that played for Crewe is Kevin Street. He moved from Stafford Rangers to Altrincham in 2008, and in the recent Summer transfer window, moved again, this time to Nantwich Town.

Dean Keates moved from Walsall to Peterborough United in 2007. His contract with them is up this year. His one winners medal is for being a League Two Champion, with Walsall.

The only Street I can find that played for Crewe is Kevin Street. He moved from Stafford Rangers to Altrincham in 2008, and in the recent Summer transfer window, moved again, this time to Nantwich Town.

I beleive Dean Keates contract was terminated by mutual constent yesterday

I beleive Dean Keates contract was terminated by mutual constent yesterday

You learn something new every day. :)

Emil Debski anyone?

Darren Eadie was a beast of a cheap winger on 01/02 as well.

Ah, brings back the memories, even though I still play that game :D

Emil Debski was amazing!!!! Wat about a Portuguese player called China?????

Emil Debski was amazing!!!! Wat about a Portuguese player called China?????

I think you've got about as much of finding that on the internet as I do of playing for England!

I think you've got about as much of finding that on the internet as I do of playing for England!

And i bet you will still be better than darren bent lol

Maxim Tsigalko is a free agent in the 10.2 database. His twin, Yuriy, is also in the game and is a reasonably competent goalkeeper if you're a lower league club.