Sports Interactive Community
jayahr

Former CM/FM-only legends, where are they now?

Yeah, Cherno Samba's career went drastically downhill :D

He got too cocky and stopped training apparently because he thought that he was going to be like the next mega-star, and his move to Liverpool broke down I believe.

I played against Cherno Samba in a pre-season friendly in the summer. I play for Thetford Town and he was playing a trial game for Norwich City XI!

It was a blast from the past and a small dream come true :D

More my favourites from CM 01-02

Assane N`Diaye (amazing DM)

Joao Paiva (free and came to every lower league club!)

Labinot Harbuzi (super swede)

Lee Chun-Soo

More my favourites from CM 01-02

Assane N`Diaye (amazing DM)

Joao Paiva (free and came to every lower league club!)

Labinot Harbuzi (super swede)

Lee Chun-Soo

Assane N`Diaye's last club was ASC Jeanne d'Arc. He died on the 13th of Feb, 2008.

Joao Paiva currently plays for FC Luzern, and has scored 10 goals in 17 apps.

Labinot Harbuzi currently plays for Gençlerbirliği, scoring 3 in 9.

And, last but not least, Lee Chun-Soo plays for Al-Nassr.

Phew! :)

Steve (i think) Galloway... legendary AML (i think). Always got him at spurs then he would go traitor and leave for a bigger team.

the trick was to get a large enough bigger team clause as you could not get him without one.

Kim Kallstrom could be the new Pelé, I have never understood how he got lost.

There were another striker from Iceland that was great to play along Andri Sigporsson. I don't remember his name.

Scandinavian players were too overrated back in CM times. First place to scout.

Richard Logan was boss on my old cm01/02 game. He plays for Exeter last i heard.

Still does and is still a very good player.

What about Mads Jorgensen, Mantorras, Damian Manso.

Also was Assane N'diaye really any good i remember he had about 8 or 9 20's on CM 00/01.

Can anyone remember Peter Prospar, think he was on CM 99/00, 18 yr old Striker with 20 pace and 20 shooting, fast forward to CM 00/01 he was 31 and rubbish :D

Richard Logan was boss on my old cm01/02 game. He plays for Exeter last i heard.

I had him in my current Sutton game for a season in the BSP where he was the club's top scorer and best player, but couldn't cut the mustard in League 2 and was sold for £1k in January

Bjørn Heidenstrøm is riding his bicycle from Norway to South Africa.

Was in Gibraltar the other day, is collecting loads of football shirts so that he can unveil a massive shirt flag at the WC, got a Gibraltarian shirt:thup:

Alexandros Papadapolous..Anastasios Skalidis..Paul Dillon..Paul Dillon is my main favourate..Me and my mates every last week in febuary have a Paul Dillon night out..He scored a winner in my friends champions league winning team years ago..He retired early..quality player...We will one day go and visit him and tell him how much of a legend he was...Our aim is to get him to attend one of our Paul Dillon nights..If anyone knows anything..please comment..p.s im not a stalker...

Anyone remember that Sindre Loe Bing guy?? Had natural position for everywhere but GK if I remember correctly.

Not sure if he was actually real or not though...

David Collins and Michael Duff were always good enough to take to the highest level. Any idea of David Collins now??

Michael Duff has played for Burnley since 2004. He's got a younger brother, Shane Duff, who plays for Cheltenham Town.

Don't know about David Collins though.

Oooooh Chris Hope for Scunthorpe in CM2 I think it was. What a beast!

No idea where he is now, might well have retired.

He plays for Corby Town now. Transfered there in June this year. About 37 I think.

I had him in my current Sutton game for a season in the BSP where he was the club's top scorer and best player, but couldn't cut the mustard in League 2 and was sold for £1k in January

On my game he lead England to world cup glory and became my Manchester United captain. might have to sign him on my FM2010 game just for old times sake.

what about...Jairo Fernando Castillo?

Sherman Gardenas?

Markus Berg?

Jairo Fernando Castillo is currently playing for Millonarios.

Sherman Cárdenas (you spelt it wrong, lol) is also playing for Millonarios.

Marcus Berg (with a c not a k) is at Hamburg, and up until last year played in the Swedish national team.

Anyone remember Pele from CM1955? Always turned super world-class. I used to win everything with him. I never had a better player in CM/FM.

What about Mads Jorgensen

He made it at of the biggest clubs in Denmark but was injured a lot. Transfered to Ancona but didn't play. Then went to Stabæk without succes and returned to Denmark where a knee injury ended his career.

Anyone remember Viktor Leonenko? Don't remember what version he was in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Leonenko

Anyone remember Pele from CM1955? Always turned super world-class. I used to win everything with him. I never had a better player in CM/FM.

When he would have been 14 at the start of the game? :p

I have 2 who I remember fondly:

Michalis Konstantinou - a Cypriot forward

Gaetano D'Agostino - Italian AMLC was great alongside he aforementioned Kennedy Bakircioglu...

Memories... :)

Gaetano D'Agostino - Italian AMLC was great alongside he aforementioned Kennedy Bakircioglu...

He's still good, but he's a DM/AMC and plays for Udinese iirc.

Anyone remember Daniel Fredheim Holm?

He's actually had a decent career so far and still only 24 years old.

Played 122 apps for Vålerenga, then moved to Aalborg in Denmark. Has 16 U-21 caps and 3 full national caps.

When he would have been 14 at the start of the game? :p

I have 2 who I remember fondly:

Michalis Konstantinou - a Cypriot forward

Memories... :)

D'Agostino is a BEAST of an MC in FM2010! My best player in a game with Fiorentina.

Sad thing about Torje and Stancu however who were mentioned a bit earlier in this thread! Typical Romanian youths: overhyped, ended up at big teams on amazing salaries and then went to hell! And people complain about Balotteli! I don't exactly recollect Balotteli's salary but Torje earns something in the sphere of 15 times the yearly salary in Romania! And can't even do a 10th of what Balotteli does! How can you NOT ruin your career like that?

Speaking of former FM's does anybody have any clue what happened to Freddy Guarin? Used to be an amazing Ecuadorian (?) MC with 20 long shots and amazing creativity and decisions in FM2007. Haven't heard a thing about his career since however.

Back in FM2007 the likes of Omar Andrade, Peruvian striker, would make it big... but ever since 2008 I haven't seen any developments in his career!

Needless to say that Millian didn't quite turn out to be the world beater he was in past FM's but that might just be the researcher's fault :D!

Italian midfielder Davide Di Terlizzi was a top prospect in CM2 (along with Jody Morris...) but from the very sparse news I've found, he quickly sank into oblivion in lower leagues after a handful of Serie A appearences.

Also, Wilmer Cabrera didn't turn out as deadly as he looked in CM97-98

Then, still in CM97-98, there was this deadly Norwegian striker, Martin Knutsen... To this day I still can't figure whether he was MORTEN Knutsen (who was indeed regarded as a huge talent but never lived up to the potential. And he wasn't a striker, but a winger) or Martin Knudsen (who hinted some potential too, but AFAIK never played striker...).

Anyone knows for sure who this "Martin Knutsen" was?

And there's another "quest" for you... In CM97-98 I remember buying an awesome South-American striker called Leon, but can't remember his nationality or his first name... Maybe the one who played for Reggina, Genoa and Parma? Other candidates?

What happened to Bruno Gimenez?

Two South African I remember being amazing were

Leobhang Mokoena and Junior Kayne

I remember once in a Celtic game Kayne got twelve 10 ratings in a row

Kim Kallstrom could be the new Pelé, I have never understood how he got lost.

Being a first team regular at one of Europe's top 20 clubs is not exactly a lost career, I'd say.

Ovidiu Petre springs to my mind as well.

Was a class AMR some time around the millenium in game.

Irl he still made a quite decent career with 22 caps for Romania as a DMC, but he got nowhere near what he was in the game. Razvan Ochirosii might just be the next Romanian FM-only winger, curious about that, too early to tell now of course.

Also, Wilmer Cabrera didn't turn out as deadly as he looked in CM97-98.

Wilmer Cabrera retired from Long Island Rough Riders in 2005. And he's a defender. He currently works for the USA U-17s as a coach.

Then, still in CM97-98, there was this deadly Norwegian striker, Martin Knutsen... To this day I still can't figure whether he was MORTEN Knutsen (who was indeed regarded as a huge talent but never lived up to the potential. And he wasn't a striker, but a winger) or Martin Knudsen (who hinted some potential too, but AFAIK never played striker...).

Anyone knows for sure who this "Martin Knutsen" was?

Martin Knudsen (with a d, not a t) plays for Tromsø IL, having moved there is 2007. He's appeared 36 times for them so far, but hasn't scored.

What happened to Bruno Gimenez?

Bruno Giménez, who is now known as Bruno Marioni, retired as of November 12, 2009. Before that he played for Estudiantes Tecos. We just missed him, huh? :D

Two South African I remember being amazing were

Leobhang Mokoena and Junior Kayne

I remember once in a Celtic game Kayne got twelve 10 ratings in a row

Lebohang Mokoena just signed for Mamelodi Sundowns, but his career has been hampered by injuries.

Afriad I don't know about Junior Kayne.

3 Classics from CM 03/04;

Supat Rungratsamee - could be signed aged 15 for 60k, thanks to a clause in his youth contract at Portsmouth, was a wonder-kid. Don't know where he is now.

Tony Taggart - Amazing winger for Barnet in the Conference and signed him for £500 for FC Thun, went on to represent England reserves! Reality - last i knew of it he was in Havant and Waterlooville's reserves and had shockingly low statistics.

Ben Strevens - Last but by no means least, he used to bang them in left, right and centre for Barnet as i took them to the Championship. 15 first touch, 14 dribbling, 17 pace and the unthinkable 18 finishing for a Conference team!!! was available fro 35k for any side :). Nowadays he plys his trade in League 1 with Brentford after finishing top goalscorer for Dag & Red 2 seasons running.

:thup:

Mika Aaritalo was great in '08 for anyone in Championship/League One even League Two and was a steal at 45k.

I know who he is...as unfortunately i'm a Forest fan :o I just wish he was half as prolific in real life when he was with us as he was on CM!

I'm sure he had/has a brother.

Anyone know if he does?

Does anyone have any info on Toledo, a right winger who played in Catanzaro in CM 03/04?

Are you talking about Robson Toledo Machado?

If so, he left Cantanzaro in 2004, moving to Udinese, where he spent 3 years, before moving to Napoli on loan in late 2004. He then was loaned to Ascoli (2005), Cisco Roma (2006), and Taranto (2007).

On 5th July 2007, Ravenna signed Toledo in a joint-ownership bid. In 2008 he joined Pro Patria, again on loan, and become the first Brazilian players in the history of the team.

How about Jesper Ljung of CM 97/98 fame? Averaged a goal a game over three seasons for me at Club Brugge before he moved onto Liverpool.

He's managing Holmalunds IF in Sweden. Here's their website, for anyone who can read Swedish :D :

http://www.holmalundsif.se/

He's managing Holmalunds IF in Sweden. Here's their website, for anyone who can read Swedish :D :

http://www.holmalundsif.se/

Ahh, just looked them up on wikipedia (not the most reliable source of info I know, but I think I can trust this), Johan Elmander's brother plays for them apparently, as did Johan himself at one point, thanks!

Ahh, just looked them up on wikipedia (not the most reliable source of info I know, but I think I can trust this), Johan Elmander's brother plays for them apparently, as did Johan himself at one point, thanks!

No problem. Guess you can't read Swedish then. :D

Labinot Harbuzi played for Sweden U21 at last summers Euro Champs. I couldn't believe it was the same guy who was awesome on 01-02.

I didn't know Orri Freyr Oskarsson was at Grandavik, I may have to start an Icelandic save :)

Willie Howie. I built my Spurs team around him.

Then he suddenly disappeared from the game. Guessing injury killed his career?