Sports Interactive Community
jayahr

Former CM/FM-only legends, where are they now?

supat rungratsamee is 17 and still on fm!!

:rolleyes: To quote my earlier post ;)

Lunden was awesome on 01/02

And, Tommy Wirtanen, anyone know what happened to him?

Supat Rungratsmee is still on FM10, probably still 15 :D hes been that age for about 5 FM's now.

Emil Debski anyone?

Darren Eadie was a beast of a cheap winger on 01/02 as well.

Ah, brings back the memories, even though I still play that game :D

Beast of a DC a few versions back, Tommy Jönsson, is closing in on the Halmstad appearance record, with 285 so far.

Andri Sigthorsson now runs a cafe in my home town Ulsteinvik in Norway...

How very Matthias Sindelar of him.

Here's three id love to find out where they are:

Talisson da Costa - Only found him once in the Football Manager series. Played with Basel for a small while, he was about 16, was a goal machine, have not seen him on any other recent FM's.

Rodolfo Soares - Used to play with Fluminense, was in the youth squad with Rodrigo tiui and was a hell of a talent but has disappeared.

Finally Haruna Babangida - Last seen him with Barcelona's B team bout 10 years ago!

Finally Haruna Babangida - Last seen him with Barcelona's B team bout 10 years ago!

He's been doing fairly well for himself.

He was playing in Cyprus (for Apollon) until this year, where he scored about a goal every 3 games.

He joined them from Olympiacos where he didn't do too well, and he's now playing in Russia for Kuban Krasnodar where he's not done all that brilliantly either, going by his scoring record at least.

I think Cherno Samba or Moses Ashikodi is playing in the Icelandic league! Brilliant

Gawd knows where Samba is, wonder if Liverpool still want him. Ashikodi is now playing for Kettering.

Cherno Samba/Moses Ashikodi = The reason I never get excited once someone says Millwall have a good product coming through the academy.

Talisson da Costa - Only found him once in the Football Manager series. Played with Basel for a small while, he was about 16, was a goal machine, have not seen him on any other recent FM's.

There's a Talisson da Costa listed as playing for FC Solothurn in Switzerland. No other information I can find.

Rodolfo Soares - Used to play with Fluminense, was in the youth squad with Rodrigo tiui and was a hell of a talent but has disappeared.

Soares, according to wikipedia, played for Vejle Boldklub in Denmark before returning to Brazil and playing for Madureira.

Maxim Tsigalko (01-02 legend) was at Savit Mihalyou last year. According wikipedia the club doesn`t exist anymore??

Ibrahim Said (01-02 legend) is at Al-Ahly Tripoli (Libya).

Who`s remember Kurniawan from CM 99-00. Still play at Persela Lamongan.

Anatoli Todotov (CM 03-04 legend) is at Lokomotiv Mezdra (Bulgaria).

As I recall Tsigalko had a brother/otherwise related player who was a GK and appeared in future releases whereas he didn't. Yuri Tsigalko unless I'm mistaken. What happened to him?

Edit: And I loved Ibrahim Said. He'd move anywhere. And Kurniawan I'd forgotten about. Man that takes me back!

As I recall Tsigalko had a brother/otherwise related player who was a GK and appeared in future releases whereas he didn't. Yuri Tsigalko unless I'm mistaken. What happened to him?

Edit: And I loved Ibrahim Said. He'd move anywhere. And Kurniawan I'd forgotten about. Man that takes me back!

According to wikipedia, Yuri Tsygalko is playing for FC Vostok in Kazahkstan.

Maxim Tsigalko (01-02 legend) was at Savit Mihalyou last year. According wikipedia the club doesn`t exist anymore??

Ibrahim Said (01-02 legend) is at Al-Ahly Tripoli (Libya).

Who`s remember Kurniawan from CM 99-00. Still play at Persela Lamongan.

Anatoli Todotov (CM 03-04 legend) is at Lokomotiv Mezdra (Bulgaria).

Oh, Todorov. I loved Anatoli. Always good for 30 goals a year.

FM 1 would have to be Daniel Fredheim Holm, Freddy Guarin and Evandro Roncatto all Brilliant

FM2007 Billy Sharp on loan at Doncaster these days I think and Danny Haynes

FM 2008 Sharp and Haynes again but most of all Torje, Bogdan Stancu and Henri Saivet (after a few seasons you spend as much time playing matches as refusing offers for them from Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea et al, irl) Stancu and Torje still play in Romania as far as I know, Saivet is just a reserve winger at Bordeux(I think) but on 08 he was Champions League Golden Boot for me 2nd Season

Emil Debski anyone?

Darren Eadie was a beast of a cheap winger on 01/02 as well.

Ah, brings back the memories, even though I still play that game :D

Emil Debski appeared in the danish version of Paradise Hotel a few years back :D

Emil Debski was a researcher if I remember correctly.

He was also a player IRL, but not a very good one. He made himself a god in FM.

There used to be a great player called something like Onesimo, but I can't find him in real life.

Currently manager for Huesca on Spanish 2B, he played in Cadiz, Rayo Vallecano and Sevilla before retiring :thup:

Let's take a trip to CM2. There were 3 Chilean players who I always checked out first. Sometimes they were a bit pants, sometimes they were AMAZING.

Cristián Castañeda

Castañeda was a sweeper/centre back. In real life he stayed in Chile for his whole career, winning the top league 4 times.

Rodrigo Barrera

Barrera was a forward left. He stayed in Chile for all but 1 year of his career.

Marcelo Salas

Salas was a forward right. I think most people have heard of him.;) He only retired last year, and has many honours including winning Serie A 3 times.

I may have dreamed this but wasn't there a CM where Tom Youngs was amazing?

Yes, in CM97/98, playing for Cambridge. They also had someone else. I'm trying to remember.

Oh man, I loved signing Said in 01/02 I think it was. Him and Taribo West on a free became the cornerstone of my defense at United.

Bestie.

I was gonna say Collis and Orosco. I made sure I always swiped them from Cambridge whenever I started a new game even if they were completely made up players :D

Gianluigi Lentini- At one point, the world's most expensive player. On FM Italia he started the game injured for 18 months but turned out to be amazing once he recovered (especially with my front line of van Basten and Massaro :D). Shame he couldn't fulfill his FM potential in real life.

Nii Lamptey - Amazing on CM...not so much in real life.

Ian Moore - was a goalscoring machine on the earlier CM's.

Ibrahima Bakayoka, Francis Jeffers, Danny Cadamateri, Anatoli Todorov, Peter Prosper, Gareth Jellyman.

And whatever happened to Fabio Paim?

I won the Prem many times with Paim and Freddy Adu in my team.

And whatever happened to Fabio Paim?

I won the Prem many times with Paim and Freddy Adu in my team.

Paim was at Chelsea last year! According to wikipedia he's now at Real Massamá on loan from Sporting CP.

Oskarsson was a good calll :thup: Anybody knows anything about him?

Also Kourniawan, completely forgot about him :)

Freddy Adu? Still young IRL, but his career is going nowhere fast....

On loan at Belenenes from Benfica - I have him on Twitter and he's still hoping to make the big time.

Oskarsson was a good calll :thup: Anybody knows anything about him?

Also Kourniawan, completely forgot about him :)

Don't know about Oskarsson, but Kurniawan (you spelt it wrong, lol) played for Persitara for 2 years, before moving to Persela Lamongan early this year.

Don't know about Oskarsson, but Kurniawan (you spelt it wrong, lol) played for Persitara for 2 years, before moving to Persela Lamongan early this year.

i thought i was the only one who found him!

Anyone remember Perica Ognjenovic playing in Real Madrid in 00/01 version? He was godlike in the game.

He came from Red Star to R. Madrid when he was only 19. Now he plays for Vojvodina, a team in Serbian's First League.

Whatever happened to Valeri Bojinov?

Anyone remember Perica Ognjenovic playing in Real Madrid in 00/01 version? He was godlike in the game.

He came from Red Star to R. Madrid when he was only 19. Now he plays for Vojvodina, a team in Serbian's First League.

Valeri Bojinov, as of July 29, 2009, joined Parma on loan from Man City. He decided to wear number 86. On September 23, 2009 he scored his first official goal for Parma against Lazio. He also won a penalty for his team. The match ended in a 1-2 away win for Parma.

I think it was FM05 that Dagoberto used to be a good enough player for the Premier League, Serie A and La Liga. Could be mistaken though. I know I signed him a couple of times.

It must have been your tactics :rolleyes:

Bojinov is pretty far down the forwards pecking order at Man City with their recent arrivals, so he went out on loan to Parma this year. He's chipped in 4 goals already. Not bad, but not the superstar he was once tipped as. Wouldn't be surprised if Parma or another southern European team pick him up cheapish from City.

Alessio Cerci was a machine in the late 90's - where is he now?

He's still under contract at Roma, although he got loaned out to Brescia, Pisa, and this year, Atalanta.

SIGames still fancy Adu to make it big. He is a very good AMR in my PSG team of 2012 in the current version, keeping Alejandro Dominguez out the team.

Vitaly Kutuzov is having a good season with Bari IRL in Serie A.

Would love to know what happened to my Eastern European goal machines from previous versions, Maxim Tsaigalko and Anatoli Todorov.

Alessio Cerci was a machine in the late 90's - where is he now?

He was still extremely good on 09, not sure about 10, though he is best played as an AML these days, his PA was over 170 iirc.

Would love to know what happened to my Eastern European goal machines from previous versions, Maxim Tsaigalko and Anatoli Todorov.

Maxim Tsigalko (you spelt it wrong, lol) is playing for FC Savit Mahilyou, having transfered from FC Banants in 2008. FC Savit Mahilyou is a Belarusian football club.

Anatoli Todorov plays for Loko Mezdra, having transfered from Loko Plovdiv in 2009. Loko Mezdra is a Bulgarian football club.

- Matías Fernández is at Sporting CP.

- Miguel Veloso never became the best player in the world after all. But he's still one of the best defensive midfielders in the world in-game for some reason.

Fernandez is 23, as is Veloso, there's plenty of time for both to fill potential.

They're probably never going to become godlike as they were in previous games though, are they?

Good players perhaps, great players perhaps not.

They're probably never going to become godlike as they were in previous games though, are they?

Good players perhaps, great players perhaps not.

Fernandez is epic in Portugal.