Football Manager for Nintendo DS

Hi everyone!

I'd like to know if there is any plans to launch Football Manager Handheld for Nintendo DS. Do anybody know something, or how to get to the SEGA staff this kind of request?

Best!

Daniel Hanna

Nope...like most nintendo consoles, the DS is built for younger, or more cartoon-loving people than realistic, hardcore gaming types. It focuses moreso on cool graphics and fun gameplay rather than more intense, detailed games that microsoft and playstation release. As such it lacks the processing power required for a game like fmh, so a DS version is almost certainly never going to be released

Hi there!

Thank's for the answerws icon_smile.gif !!! I search for those other topics, and I think I'll reply on then...

But this argument that DS doesn't have power to play FM... hum, I don't think so... take a look at Final Fantasy III, new on DS... if it can play FFIII, it can play FM...

Best!

Daniel

like most nintendo consoles, the DS is built for younger, or more cartoon-loving people than realistic, hardcore gaming types.

I beg that the hardcore be taken out of that. I am a Nintendo fan but I'm no less a hardcore gamer than you I promise.

As for the topic at hand, I severely doubt a DS version of FMH would ever come about. I just can't see a DS being able to run it.

Chuz - the DS is indeed underpowered for FM but this isn't because it's by Nintendo, and isn't because it's "built for younger or more cartoon-loving people".

Need I remind the court (sorry, too much Phoenix Wright over the last few days) that the GameCube was churning out games that equalled the Xbox in terms of technical quality? Or should Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime 2 be dismissed as cartoonish antics not worthy of any "hardcore" gamer's collection?

Piffle, I say. The DS is underpowered for FM because the DS in particular emphasises its control system, and the desire on Nintendo's part to open gaming up to an audience who generally don't play games. People for whom touching a screen makes far more sense than pressing arbitrary buttons. It's underpowered because Nintendo know a sub-£100 machine sells - the PSP's £180 launch price wouldn't have worked at all.

Its games are still as intense or detailed as anything the PSP has to offer. It reflects more on the observer if he fails to see this than it does on the console.

Best address the topic too while I'm here.

Daniel - FM and FFIII are very different beasts. Look at the PC version of FM - what is it that you need in order to run the game at a good level? RAM and processing power. Your graphics card could be the most basic model going that'll run whatever version of DirectX the game requires (if it even requires it) and it'll be fine.

Go back to the DS, and you'll see that it's underpowered on the RAM and processor fronts. Its graphics chip can handle Final Fantasy III, it's processor could run FM (it'd be slow, but it'd run), but the RAM is severely limiting the game. FFIII can store all its crucial data on the game card, because the data never changes. Cut scenes and the price of a mythril sword will never change. FM hasn't got that luxury - players get better or worse, there's thousands of results to process and the whole thing's a bigger hogger of RAM than a grammatically challenged sheep farmer.

SI could develop a version even more cut down than the PSP one. But with only one division to play with and bugger all players, what'd be the point?

Thanks younger crayola for adding some technical whiz bang to what i was saying.Im trying to be as objective as possible...no-one here can deny that the psp is superior in terms of its processor and ram. It is mainly these that dont allow the DS to run current FMH. The ds is most certainly better than the PSP in terms of the touch screen in particular and the more fun-based games that continue to be released for it. I won't deny that. But the PSP is built moreso for high-detail, immersive games (which i previously called hardcore...referring to the games, not gamers) whereas the DS is built for the more cartoonish type games, as previously mentioned. This is not intended as criticism either way, so take it esay, its just an objective reflection of either console's capabilities and respective target audiences.

Oh and on a subjective note: "GameCube was churning out games that equalled the Xbox in terms of technical quality"...LOL icon_biggrin.gif Just take one look at the Wii's release titles vs XB360/PS3 to see where its priorities lie...

Originally posted by chuz:

But the PSP is built moreso for high-detail, immersive games

Again, I have to pick you up on that. The PSP was built to be a handheld PlayStation, nothing more. It's games aren't more detailed and immersive by default. You throw me FM Handheld or GTA Vice City Stories, I toss back Age of Empires or Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow.

Oh and on a subjective note: "GameCube was churning out games that equalled the Xbox in terms of technical quality"...LOL icon_biggrin.gif Just take one look at the Wii's release titles vs XB360/PS3 to see where its priorities lie...

Chuz, the Wii/360/PS3 are not the same as the GC/PS2/XBox. The Wii is certainly underpowered compared to those two. The GC was not.

I cant be bothered looking up the technical specs of the GC, but if they are indeed on a par with its competitors then devs obviously didnt come close to reaching the console's potential. U seriously cant deny that EVERY nintendo console released has been released for the younger generation, and as such its games do not meet the level of realism that can be seen on PS2, and most notably on Xbox. For example, Halo vs Mario- the two console's main RPG/FPS games, obviously Halo targets a completely different more mature audience than any Mario titles. Personally i enjoy Mario a lot more than Halo, but Halo is leagues ahead of its Nintendo counterpart on every other level.

Ps. Age of empires on DS icon14.gif Didnt know that

I steadfastedly deny that any of Nintendo's main console products (from the NES right through to the Wii) are made for the younger generation.

They're made for everyone. Halo v Mario is not a valid comparison. Halo v Metroid Prime is (and even then they're two different genres, but at least there's a passing similarity).

And finally, if you think the developers didn't come close to realising the console's potential, perhaps you've never played Resident Evil 4.

Anyway, we'll be going round in circles if we continue like this.

Archived