[FM10] A Day Out at Vale Farm

Cardiovascular

Don't worry jonty and others, I've decided to stick it out and attempt to take them as far as I can go.

Nobby, I've always wanted to complete dafuge's challenge and, what with me already having a career game on the go here (which is due an update!) so I'd like to stick this out for the time being.

2020/21 - Hendon - League 2

Progression \o/

Media Prediction: 13th

League Finish: 6th

League Graph

After all the moaning and groaning (see: above), a playoff spot was ours. But we faltered not once, but twice against Carlisle which was quite a disappointment.

Squad

Cups

League Cup - I didn't expect to win but to lose by such a heavy margin is disappointing.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Again, a poor effort here. Can't help losing on penalties as it's all about who is better on the day, and we clearly weren't.

FA Cup - Eased past Rushden, eased out by Yeovil.

Key Players

Pascal Bidart - Our best player this year by far with 11 goals and eight assists. Absolutely gutted that we can't renew his contract though.

Luke Pilkington - The on-loan striker from Blackburn, scoring 14 goals and providing 7 throughout the season. Good contribution.

Luca Santonicito - Approaching the wrong side of 30 now but still brilliant enough to play 48 games, scoring 9 goals and assists in that time.

Andy McGarvey - Solid season for the Norn Iron man. Had a fine season in central midfield.

Kevin Ballard - Another solid year at the back, a rock all season.

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2011/12    Blue Square Premier       23rd            Relegated
2012/13    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2013/14    Blue Square Premier       15th            None
2014/15    Blue Square Premier        9th            None
2015/16    Blue Square Premier        5th            Promoted through playoffs
2016/17        League 2              18th            None
2017/18        League 2              16th            None
2018/19        League 2              10th            FA Cup run until fourth round.
2019/20        League 2              11th            None
2020/21        League 2               6th            Play-off semi-finalists

Glad you stuck with them.

If Hendon managed to reach League 2 and just sustain that status in real life, I'm sure the majority of Hendon supporters would be over the moon. It looks like you could be edging your way towards competing at the business end now too.

How is the all important bank balance looking now you are settled in League 2?

Good progress Cardio :thup: and unlucky in the play offs. Maybe a push for an automatic spot next season? Any ideas on who'll replace Bidart next season? Good to see Santonicito still doing the business :thup:. I had him on an 08 save and he was always consistent.

Having completed the next season Raware, we have not even made the play-offs this year, finishing just outside them. Seems to me like we're a solid team and hopefully we can now finish in and amongst the play-offs next year.

As for Bidart, my scouts found me a very smart AMR/L who has been as good as, if not better, than Bidart. In fact, I'll say he's been better. Maik Esajas

• 3 weeks later...

2021/22 - Hendon - League 2

After last season's play-off misery, I hoped for a push for either automatic promotion or at least a higher league position. Achieved: None of the above.

Media Prediction: 9th

League Finish: 8th

Graph

After a shaky start, we pulled it out the back to finish a not-to-disappointing 8th place. Perhaps the worst feeling is we never really troubled for a play-off place but I hope we can next season.

Transfers

Squad

A thin squad was probably our downfall (again). I need to start buying and stop releasing where possible.

Cups

League Cup - Trashed by the Green Army.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Knocked out narrowly by a team in our league although it was probably a deserved loss.

FA Cup - So, so close to an upset against PL ('world-class') Wolves but it was snatched from our grasp in injury time.

Key Players

Jamie Callaghan - I don't want to give him a mention but kudos to him for getting the most goals for us this season, an allbeit rather disappointing total of 11.

Luca Santonicito - Captain Luca was in fine form again this season, even if his attributes are seemingly on the decline. 10 assists is a fine contribution.

Maik Esajas - Maik was by far our best player this year. 10 goals and 10 assists is a marvellous contribution and he rightly claimed Fans Player of the Year after just a season with us.

Danny Bryan - Despite apparently average attributes, he was brilliant this season, 8 goals and 11 assists showing this.

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2011/12    Blue Square Premier       23rd            Relegated
2012/13    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2013/14    Blue Square Premier       15th            None
2014/15    Blue Square Premier        9th            None
2015/16    Blue Square Premier        5th            Promoted through playoffs
2016/17        League 2              18th            None
2017/18        League 2              16th            None
2018/19        League 2              10th            FA Cup run until fourth round.
2019/20        League 2              11th            None
2020/21        League 2               6th            Play-off semi-finalists
2021/22        League 2               8th            None as usual..

Archived