[FM10] A Day Out at Vale Farm

Cardiovascular

hendon%20football%20club.gif

Hendon Football Club are an English football club based in Hendon, in the London Borough of Barnet, London, England. They currently play in the Isthmian League Premier Division and were promoted to the Blue Square North in the 2009/10 season*.

In the 2003-04 season they finished fourth in the Isthmian League Premier Division. However, they declined the automatic place in Conference South to which they were entitled and remain in the Isthmian Premier.

After the season ended their manager Dave Anderson and his assistants moved to AFC Wimbledon, and proceeded to lead them to the Isthmian First Division title, whilst Hendon finished mid-table in the new-look Premier Division. Both sets of Dons - Hendon green and Wimbledon blue - faced each other in the Isthmian Premier in 2005-06. Supporters are now looking to take responsibility for the uncertain future of the football club and have formed a Supporters' trust which is busy raising funds for the future.

*Author's Notes: Obviously this isn't true, this was in the game. As well as this, I would also like to apologise for the size of the logo. It's awful but the best google could produce.

2010/11 - Hendon - Blue Square North

I honestly thought this season would be a struggle after my tactically inept sacking at Tonbridge but it turned out to be rather easy in all honesty.

Media Prediction: 22nd

League Finish: 1st \o/

League Graph

As shown by the league graph, we did indeed dominate and once we grabbed top spot we never looked back, holding it for the final half of the season. With us winning the league, this ultimately meant I was Manager of the Season.

Squad

We had a very solid squad throughout the season and quite alot of Scottish youngsters.

FA Cup - Blyth ended our run abruptly after we defeated non-league Whitehawk 3-0.

FA Trophy - We avenged our loss at Blyth by defeating them narrowly in this competition, before gaining a replay against BSP Gateshead but we lost narrowly to them.

Key Players

Craig McShea - Craig was phenominal throughout the season and managed to total 35 goals in all competitions in just 43 starts. His superb season saw him awarded the top goalscorer award in the BSN and earned him Player of the Season.

James Keating - Keating played in the AMC supporting McShea who was upfront alone and he was superb. When McShea couldn't make it, he was there to bury it and even set up McShea every now and again. Sadly, his season ended prematurely due to a torn calf muscle.

Grant Gallacher - The assistant recommended to me that he was given the captain's armband. He repaid the faith by being an excellent captain and blocking out all the opposition attacks down the right.

Gordon Dick - Gordon was fantastic and solid at the back and even chipped in with a few goals every now and again. His last name enabled me to come up with this childish phrase.

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st         Champions of the BSN

There was no stopping you once you hit top spot.

With a striker in that sort of form you were going to take some stopping.

Also nothing wrong with a bit of childish humour. I was going to sign a palyer called Dick Hunter just for his name. Luckily he was 20 so would have been against the rules i set myself.

2011/12 - Hendon - Blue Square Premier

Media Prediction: 24th

League Finish: 23rd

League Graph

Extremely disappointing season as everything seemed to fall apart; strikers weren't scorer and defenders were either setting up or scoring for the opposition.

Squad

Disappointing season really, the only stand-out performer was Mansour Assoumani.

FA Cup - Disappointing, the story of our season..

FA Trophy - A better, but still disappointing day in this competition as we faltered against BSS side Merthyr.

Key Player

Mansour Assoumani - Excellent season for him in an awful season for us, the standout performer.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st         Champions of the BSN
2011/12    Blue Square Premier       23rd             Relegated

2012/13 - Hendon - Blue Square North

After last season's relegation (I thought about embarrassment but that's not the word, because it wasn't really), I had hoped we would be able to bounce back well enough. The media seemed to think we wouldn't though.

Media Prediction: 7th

League Finish: 1st

League Graph

We never left the play-offs and once again, top spot was something we never let go of. As well as this, we only lost one match amongst the whole season and broke the 100 point mark.

Transfers

FA Cup

FA Trophy

The combined sale of Bagshaw (who was utterly shyte) and good runs in the cups meant our finances were back in black.. for all of 3 months and we're 20 grand in the red currently..

Squad

Key Player Profiles

Przemyslaw Kazimierczak

The Pole in goal was absolutely phenominal and far too good for the BSN in my opinion. My point is proved by the fact that his goals conceded and clean sheets were equal at 31! Excellent season.

Mansour Assoumani

Another great season from the stopper in defence. The Comoros international missed very little games and was solid at the back - he even scored goals when he could.

Gordon Dick

The centre back was great now that we're back in the Conference league and was a rock alongside Assoumani and even scored a memorable hat-trick in one match.. I'd also like to point out none of those were headers!

Nick Main

The centre midfielder was excellent this year and managed to get up in amongst the scorers. 12 goals and 9 assists capped off a great season.

Luca Santonicito

The Italian was superb as this year's playmaker and contributed highly in both assists and goals in what was an excellent season all round at the club.

Craig McShea

Craig was not as prolific as previous seasons but still scored 24 and laid on a further 11 to ensure we did well this year. However, a lone striker role is now used and we really need a target man. This is something which Craig isn't so this may be his last season..

Career Overview

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2012/13    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions

2013/14 - Hendon - Blue Square Premier

Our second stint in the BSP would hopefully be much better than the one of 2 year's ago when we stumbled to a disappointing relegation. After shining last year and elminating the BSP competition, I hoped we would do better here. Only time would tell..

League Finish: 15th

League Graph

By all means a good season, solid mid-tableness was an achievement in my eyes.

Transfers

Squad

FA Trophy - Our cup run was ended prematurely by Gateshead.

FA Cup - Much better than the other cup we had as we charged on through, beating League 1 Swindon on the way on TV, to a home tie (again, on TV) against Middlesbrough, losing 2-0 sadly.

Key Player Profiles

Mansour Assoumani - Another solid season for the brick at the back. He contributed goals and kept them out well.

Matt Freeman - Matt was astonishing. He joined the second half of the season and only played 16. However, he contributed 12 assists and 2 goals in those games and quite frankly, I cannot wait too see him play a full season.

Justin Niblett - Justin was decent at the right back, cancelling out the opposition's attacks down his side. He was the back-up penalty taker, good season from him.

Danny Redmond - Redmond was great, contributing goals and assists throughout the season.

Danijel Subotic - Top goalscorer with 19 goals, a decent season from the Swiss lad.

Career Overview

2013/14    Blue Square Premier       15th               None

2014/15 - Hendon - Blue Square Premier

Media Prediction: 19th

League Finish: 11th

League Graph

FA Trophy - Poor run really but we faced stern opposition and were the weaker team on the day.

FA Cup - A better than the Trophy which ended at Nott'm Forest on TV which upped the finances very well.

Transfers

Squad

Key Player Profiles

Jon André Fredriksen - The Norwegian was recommended to me by my coach and provided 9 goals whilst contributing 11 for our scoring total.

Luca Santonocito - Luca was phenominal in the centre of the park and provided 15 goals throughout the season.

Michael Stewart - The former Hearts DM was very good and the stopper in defensive midfield. The aggresive lad cut out any attack the opposition attempted to start very well.

Danijel Subotic - Once again, top scorer with 16 goals and provided 10. Great contribution.

Career Overview

2014/15    Blue Square Premier        9th                None

2015/16 - Hendon - BSP

I honestly thought we could challenge for promotion this season and in order to do that, changes had to be made. I flogged fan favourite yet our constantly injured ST Craigh McShea to Neath for £35,000. I wasn't a popular figure amongst the fans but I made some decent signings to cover it if I do say so myself..

Media Prediction: 15th

League Finish: 5th (promoted via play-offs)

League Graph

A massively tense finish which saw us slip up to 6th place Accrington on the last day; thankfully our massive GD was enough too see us through.

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

Playoff Semi Final Leg 2

Playoff Final

As usual, we made it difficult for ourselves and scraped our through to League 2 \o/.

FA Trophy

FA Cup

Transfers

Squad

Key Players

Luciano Becchio - This years big man up front was truly sensational, 40 goals was an absolute sublime contribution from the Argentinian striker.

Stephan El Shaarawy - A later inclusion to the squad but thank god he did arrive as he contributed 7 goals and an amazing 19 assists on the right.

Matty Reid - Matty was excellent down the right defensively; he did what was asked of him. His only goal was a 35 yard screamer in the playoff final against Cambridge.

Luca Santonocito - Another great season from the Italian as he dominated the centre of midfield. 19 assists was a magnificent contribution.

Danijel Subotic - It wouldn't be key players with Subo would it? Played off Becchio and was a constant thorn in the side of the defence.

Career Overview

2015/16    Blue Square Premier        5th         Promoted through playoffs

• 2 weeks later...

2017/17 - Hendon - League 2

Our first season in league football and I pretty much hoped for survival. Improvements were made where necessary and my assistant's improvements were vital, along with scout reports which helped bring in some key players.

League Finish: 18th

League Graphs

Survival was delivered in a very good season. Yes, we lost some but the key thing was that we won some as well which meant we were safe with about 6 games remaining.

Squad

Transfers

League Cup - including a memorable first round victory over Bristol Rovers of League One on penalties.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Not much to say about this, crashed out at the first hurdle.

FA Cup - See JPT.

Key Players

Luciano Becchio - A key contribution from a key player as he was our top scorer with 19 goals. He did hit a massive loss of form but recovered well in the end.

Pascal Bidart - Great find by the scout and a key player; despite his abysmal assist and goals he contributed well and was often handing out assists to the people who assisted.

Stephan El Shaarawy - Another solid season from the Italian where he contributed 9 goals and eight assists.

Paul Folkes - The loanee from our parent club was the rock in the heart of the defence and sometimes played on the left - will have to try and get him back next season.

Career Overview

2016/17        League 2              18th                None

2017/18 - Hendon - League 2

After last season's survival, I hoped for a little bit of progress and a higher league position. This I got - not by much - but we progressed nonetheless.

League Finish: 16th

Graph

Once again, the media had no faith in us and once again, we proved them wrong by advancing two spaces more than the previous season. Overall, I'd say this was alright as we don't have the greatest in the league but we definitely don't have the worst.

Transfers - El Shaarawy's transfer (which was accepted by me) left me short of a right winger, but only because I had hopd Tudgay would extend his loan. The arsehole rejected us with about 3 hours until the window closed. :mad:

Squad - What we lack is a clinical striker. Becchio is getting too old and the rest are pretty poor or suffered extended goal droughts.

Cups

League Cup - We lost in the first round against CCC side Exeter. Overall, they were the better team but we came from two goals down, only to be ousted by a goal deep into stoppage time.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Crashed out against eventual League 2 winners Crystal Palace.

FA Cup - Disappointing to lose by such a big margin but they are a league above us.

Key Players

Dave Kearns - Absolutely solid at the back, here are his stats from his loan spell because I took the screenshot too late! Contributed the odd goal here and there.

Noel Todd - Todd was solid when he joined from Derry City on a free and promptly claimed the left back position his own. Cut out any attack down the left and was generally excellent. Looks like a good acquisition.

Matthew Carlisle - Did well until Todd joined before being ousted out. Hopefully, I'll get some cash for him otherwise he'll leave on a free.

Luciano Becchio - Still finished top scorer despite his old age, however he suffered 3 goal droughts and I think it may be time to get in some better talent.

Kevin Ballard - Solid season for Kev, and he was acknowledged by the fans with their Player of the Year award. Definitely one of our best players.

Career Overview

2016/17        League 2              18th                None
2017/18        League 2              16th                None

I've been quietly following this Cardio and have to say i'm enjoying the read :thup:. Nice, steady progress over the past few years (obviously barring the 2011/12 season) and a great result against Fulham there!

Good progress mate.

Just goes to show what can be acheived if clubs stick with their managers after a dissapointing season.

Are the crowds big enough to keep you financially sound in league football?

Are you planning to stick with Hendon throughout? or would you go elsewhere if you get a decent offer?

Thanks Raware.

WH - Crowds are decent but finances are absolutely appalling. We're bleeding money but we are back in black at the moment because our tie vs Barnsley was on TV. I imagine come the end of the season we'll be £100K in the red again. I'll definitely stick with Hendon throughout and (hopefully) take an international team after I complete dafuge's challenge.

2018/19 - Hendon - League 2

Once again, I hoped for improvement and maybe challenge for the playoffs. We did both in the end but the latter not so well. Nonetheless, I'm very pleased with this year's performance.

Media Prediction: 21st

League Finish: 10th

League Graph

As you can see, the media know nothing. In our three years, they've predicted us to get relegated twice and struggle to survive and for three years, we've surpassed expectations. Arseholes.

Transfers

Squad

Cups

League Cup - We crashed out to our parent team, Bristol City. We didn't go out without a fight though, I like that.

Paint Trophy - Thumped by Charlton.

FA Cup - We went on a magical run here. Firstly we knocked out League 1 Rochdale by three goals, Santonocito grabbing a hat-trick. We then struggled by non-league Dorchester by a single goal, before knocking out Fulham 3-1 to advance to the fourth rounds, the furthest we've ever got. A big TV tie versus Barnsley awaited, sadly we could not progress. The good news is we were back in black with regards to finances. The bad news is my prediction up the page came back and by the end of the season (5 months!) we were £150K in the red.

Key Players

Kevin Atkinson - On loan from Bristol, top scorer. The whole works came with him and he was a very good signing on the whole.

Adil Mecheri - The Libyan international goalkeeper and captain has been with us for some time now but only broke into the first team in the last year. Solid season, 14 clean sheets shows that.

Kevin Ballard - Another solid season at the back for Kevin. Didn't score but he made up for it by being a rock in defence and at right back when necessary.

Pascal Bidart - A grand season from the French left winger. Nine goals and 11 assists is bloody brilliant and he had an astoundingly good season.

Danny Bryan - He may not have much stat-wise but he had a great season and often set up the person who would assist for a goal. Excellent buy if I do say so myself.

Career Overview

2011/12    Blue Square Premier       23rd            Relegated
2013/14    Blue Square Premier       15th            None
2014/15    Blue Square Premier        9th            None
2015/16    Blue Square Premier        5th            Promoted through playoffs
2016/17        League 2              18th            None
2017/18        League 2              16th            None
2018/19        League 2              10th            FA Cup run until fourth round.

Does anyone find these screenshots a bit grainy?

2019/20 - Hendon - BSP

All I can ask for is progression. All I want is progression. What I get is actually one foot forward, two steps back shenanigans.

Media Prediction: 14th

Actual Finish: 11th

League Graph

I can accept an 11th place finish because it's near enough where we finished last season. The whole one step forward thing is when we got a win, it was often followed a draws or losses until we hit an excellent run of form near the end, winning eight games on the trot to secure ourselves as a mid-table club.

Transfers

Squad

Cups

League Cup - We followed on from our fine FA Cup run last year by knocking out Championship side Cardiff after extra time. As luck would have it, we drew Blackburn in the next round and stumbled to a respectable loss.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - More heroics from the lads! This time, our victime were Bristol Rovers (as they were in our first ever League Cup match) and we overcame them on penalties. Oxford brought us back down to earth with a three-nil thumping.

FA Cup - Last year's heroics were not to be as we couldn't overcome fellow League 2 side Yeovil.

Key Players

Curtis Osano - He had an absolutely brilliant season as a newcomber, contributing 7 goals and 7 assists. Fans Play of the Year in a phenominal season for him.

Jamie Callaghan - Finally found his feet this year after struggling for much of last year. Top scorer with 25 goals whilst laying on a further 9. Great season.

Andy McGarvey - He's been at the club for lord knows how long now but he's managed to find his way into the first team - what a big contribution he made. 10 goals and 6 assists capped off a brilliant season for the Northern Irish international.

Luca Santonicito - Entering his tenth season now and capped off his ninth marvellously with a massive 14 assists! Club captain and definitely not out of my first team plans yet.

Career Overview

2011/12    Blue Square Premier       23rd            Relegated
2013/14    Blue Square Premier       15th            None
2014/15    Blue Square Premier        9th            None
2015/16    Blue Square Premier        5th            Promoted through playoffs
2016/17        League 2              18th            None
2017/18        League 2              16th            None
2018/19        League 2              10th            FA Cup run until fourth round.
2019/20        League 2              11th            None

I'm struggling with what to do here - I stay with Hendon where I've completely messed up by leaving the squad too thin and basically having to fielding a few (rubbish) youths now and again or I leave and try to find a new club which would be a good challenge but it would also mean I failed at dafuge's challenge - thoughts people?

Archived