I cannot seem to save.

Rathen

Okay guys, this is driving me mental.

I have added a 16th team to the MLS, making sure that they are attributed to the MLS etc etc. All that good stuff.

However, they won't show up in game. I imagine this is because I have no idea how to save my changes. In the editor, I have gone to the "Save Edited Changes" (or whatever the specific wording is) and now have a file called "Green Bay".

How do I make the game recognise it? According to every guide I read, the game should let me choose between this database and the default one when I click new game - but this doesn't happen.

Please help - a step by step how to from when I have finished making my changes and need to save would be awesome.

Thanks; but that hasn't helped.

The post you linked says:

To get your changes t show ingame:

1)load FM

2)on start screen click "new game".

3)when options box appears click to tick the box marked "change" in bottom right corner.

4)A menu appears asking you to select hich xml files to load into game. Check whichever you want. Any that clash will cause crashes.

However, I do not get this extra box pop up - it just goes straight to the league select window. This is where my issue is - do I need to move the file that I have saved? Do I need to overwrite the config.xml file that is already in the editor folder? I have very clearly saved it and the file is in my editor folder - but the game can't "see" it.

Thanks!

1) You have saved your modifications in a file, named something different than config.xml in your My Documents\Football Manager 2010\editor data folder?

2) Delete the config.xml file to clear the cache and force the program to read the folder again.

Archived