[WIP] The official non-fifa nations database

DanGLiverpool

Basically, the plan is to create a world of just non-Fifa nations, so that it is only them that exist in the game.

I imagine not a lot will be interested, but I know that for some, it will be a good challenge for them.

List of people working on it:

DanGLiverpool

Wandsfan93

Terry_M

Unknown Hacker

Waghlon

Hershie

Arkitekt88

List of nations that have been replaced, and what they have been replaced with, as well as what user is doing it:

Zaire Greenland DanGLiverpool

Vietnam North/South Vietnam Unknown Hacker

East Germany OccitaniaTerry_M

Monaco Waghorn

West Germany Northern Cyprus Hershie

(If I have missed anyone/anything out, just let me know and your name will be on there.)

Completed nations:

Zanzibar Terrmy_M

Just a couple of things for people working on it:

When sending the file, please specify which nation you have replaced. This could be the trickiest part, as it is easy for two people to have replaced the same nation, which I think will lead to data conflicts and overall failness.

Send me the xmls through email, as then you don't have to upload them, and risk it being stolen. PM me when you need my email address.

If you have to sacrifice a little realism, due to editor restrictions, then don't worry. Some of these leagues have complicated structures that are hard to replicate in the database unfortunately.

Remember when rewriting a league, you will have to delete most, if not all players/clubs of the nation that you have. It is a tiresome process, I agree, but it is something you have to do unfortunately. If someone could work out a macro to speed the process up, then that would be greately appreciated.

You can't apparently merge data files together when they both have nation rules. I will though work a way to provide the download when it is done in one big file instead of downloading loads of xmls.

Finally, have fun.

This will take a long time to do, but when it does get released, it will most certainly be worth it

Note* I created a thread, as I wanted to be able to edit the OP, and I couldn't do that in the other thread;)

Good luck!!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be doing Sealand first.

Thank you for having the initiative to start it up, and thank you to Wandsfan93 for also helping. I think this will all be great fun and we will be quite pleased when we are done.

Sealand would be one hell of a fun project. Did you know they nearly had to pull out of the last unofficial tournament due to one of their wingers having to mark year 6 SAT papers! :D

Sealand would be one hell of a fun project. Did you know they nearly had to pull out of the last unofficial tournament due to one of their wingers having to mark year 6 SAT papers! :D

I did not know that! Talk about obscurity eh.

I also think it will be a fun project. Thank you for joining in on the whole thing.

Right, bit of a problem, Sealand has no league, it inhabits 5 people at most at a time, and it's national team is actually composed of players from a high school in USA.

Do I find a way around this, or do we not include Sealand. :p

Europe

Africa

Asia

North America

• Greenland - DanGLiverpool - Replacing: Zaire. Status: WIP.

South America

Oceania

The NF Board countries to start.

Anyway back to the lists.

Sorry for any overlaps!

Teams registered to no football organisation.

Asia

Africa

Europe

North America and Caribbean

South America

Oceania

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_top-division_football_clubs_in_non-FIFA_countries

Aaland Islands, Kosovo, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon and Nauru also have leagues.

Others:

Thanks. :) I'm not 100% sure what we need to do to accomplish this.

If I say, add Andalusia, will I have to:

- Remove all players from the nation I'm replacing (leave them in the DB incase they're eligible for another team later on?)

- Create the nation

- Find all players in the DB who are eligible and put their nationality to Andalusian

:confused:

Here is what is needed to do.

1. Rewrite the name of the nation you are replacing with the one you are adding

2. Create all necessary cities/stadia (in the case of the Spanish regions, just change the country of the cities that are in the region, as they are in the game, searching by local region helps a lot.

3. Delete all cities/stadia of the nation being replaced (don't do this when rewriting Spain)

4. Create all necessary clubs (for Spanish regions, keep the teams associated with that region), and take off nationality and continet of the clubs that exist in the nation you are doing away with.

5. Create neccesary players, after searching if any are already in the database.

6. Take nationality off all unneeded people of the old nation, keeping them there in case we do need them in future. (same will apply to Spain)

7. Delete all competitions of old league

8. Create competitions of new league (for Spanish regions use your own creative licence)

9. Add teams into leagues (in case of Spain, where creative

licence will be used when creating regions leagues, put teams in by rep)

10. Create nation rules for all leagues and cups.

11. Send it to my email address (pm me for details), and I will test it to see if it works.

Hope I haven't missed anything out, apologies if I have, suggestion to improve are welcome.

I got two questions as well: For Monaco, do i use the Monaco already in game or will i end up being assigned a nation?

And more importantly, how possible is it to create this odd league system:

From what i can see out of two seasons on RSSSF it works like this.

Qualifying stage:

All teams are divided into four groups. Top 3 from all those groups are put into the first tier of the "league". All the others are put in the second tier of the "league".

First stage:

Both tiers are divided into groups, the top tier getting Groups A and B, lower tier getting C and D. They then play one game against each other. Then top 3 from each group in the top tier qualifies to the second stage as Group E. But the bottom also qualifies to another group. Group F i suspect. The same happens for the lower tier. The key thing is that they dont mix.

Second stage:

The new groups then play their games. The top four teams from groups E and F (ie. the top tier teams) qualify for Challenge de Football Prince Rainier III. In the bottom tier, the top four teams from their groups qualify for the Trophée Ville de Monaco.

Final stage:

The teams in the two respective cups then play a standard knockout format determining a national champion and a... second level champion. There are no relegation or promotion. Its all just a mess...

Are we only adding nations with Leagues at the moment then?

I'd very much hesistate deleting any players. All we'd need to do is remove their nationality to make them inactive, in case they come up again.

Ok, that seems a better idea to do. I think we should at first create nations with leagues, then move on to those without leagues.

@Waghlon. Wow, that looks rather complicated. Try replicating it as realistically as you can, if not, then make your own leagues system up as that is a rather big mess tbh for a league. Yes, use the Monaco already in the game.

Well ive done some groundwork in the last hour or so: 26 active teams added and another 14 or so dormant teams for history purposes (probably going to end up adding another four i think). Speaking of history, winners and runner ups added in the Challenge Prince Rainier III tournament 1976-2009.

Ive also done some thinking in the league structure department as i believe doing the real life competition will be impossible in the database:

Challenge Prince Rainier III "league"

12 teams. Play one game each against each other. Top eight qualifies for a championship playoff for the title. Last place relegates.

-----

Monagasque (sp?) Second Tier

14 teams in two groups of 7. Play one game against the others in their group, Top four from each group qualifies for a promotion playoff.

-----

Trophée Ville de Monaco

A cup for the 14 teams in the second tier only. Maybe i find i two non-league teams it can be 16. Could be a double leg knock out tournament. Maybe it could serve as the main national cup since there are no other options.

:D Amazing place them Scilly Islands

Also Monaco, finished adding clubs and creating three tournament histories: 45 teams in total, 26 active and another 19 added for flavor in history.

Now i will track down the players who participated in the 06 VIVA World Cup and give them the right nationality. (EDIT: Which in hindsight boils down to two players. But two really good ones)

I probably won't get anything done until tomorrow because of OTFFMO commitments later on. Sorry :(

No worries, as far as I am concerned, this is a project that you should do when you can, and not pressurised to do at any time that you might have any other commitments on.

As for politics, it is a touchy subject, but I think we should be on the side of the nations we are putting in, as the nations that they have political issues with (Spain with Gibraltar being one) won't be in the game anyway.

That's the one previso we need to stick to imo. I think Kosovo and Northern Cyprus are the two most sensitive ones. Providing Serbia, Albania, Turkey and Cyprus aren't in the DB we should be okay though..

I can do some stuff now. I'm thinking I'll start with Kosovo, which I'll replace Serbia with. Not 100% sure how to go about it..

Archived