[WIP] Aer 10

Drakestone

Which version would you like to see coded for release?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which version would you like to see coded for release?

Right, I've been working on a design for the best part of last night and I must say its a little bit....different.

Here's a first screen of the manager profile.

aer10.th.png

All comments and suggestion wanted and welcome. I'd like to know what people think needs improving or what they particularly like about the skin.

Following on from the feedback I've had here, @ FMGLive and on the SIGames forum based on the three layouts I've posted in the WIP thread I've decided to can V1 due to usability and coding issues. There are now 2 options left. V2 and V3. My question to the scene is which version do you prefer and would like to see coded with the aim for release? Screenshots below...

Version 2:

aer10v2.th.png

Version 3:

aer10v3.th.png

If you wish to state reasons for your choice then please do so, feedback is always welcome as I'd like this to be as spot on as possible.

Cheers,

Drakestone (SIForums), Aerythrylin (SUSIE), Zaphynx (FMGLive)

Right, I've been working on a design for the best part of last night and I must say its a little bit....different.

Here's a first screen of the manager profile.

aer10.th.png

All comments and suggestion wanted and welcome. I'd like to know what people think needs improving or what they particularly like about the skin.

I really like it :)

It's rather counter-intuitive having it at the bottom, I think that's the main issue people will have with it. As people we're programmed to read things top to bottom. In every other written medium we encounter the title is at the top. That'd be the problem when it comes to getting used to it too, I'm not sure you ever would fully purely because everything else we see outside of FM is the opposite.

It's rather counter-intuitive having it at the bottom, I think that's the main issue people will have with it. As people we're programmed to read things top to bottom. In every other written medium we encounter the title is at the top. That'd be the problem when it comes to getting used to it too, I'm not sure you ever would fully purely because everything else we see outside of FM is the opposite.

Agree with that. Just looks wrong, doesn't feel natural. Has to be at the top for me and I'm sure most others.

Get back to sending me kits for the English non-league, dude :D

Nice skin though, very different and intriguing. :thup:

Lol, shall do cap'ain.

Wanted to get the base of this done first which I have now, I'll be sorting the kits out before I start coding this beast.

Get back to sending me kits for the English non-league, dude :D

Nice skin though, very different and intriguing. :thup:

Definitely V2. Are you going to use only white and gray font colors though?

I am open to suggestions...

The team name text will be in the clubs second colour like the Default skin.

Go with version 2 mate... Does look like a quality skin. Please hurry and finish soon as I have been desperate for a good skin

So have I, thats why I'm making one!! I'm not putting an ETA on it yet though as it still needs to be sliced before coding and i need to do a few more screens yet..

Steklo is worth a go though mate, good skin.

Current poll results after 1 day: (Over 3 sites)

v2: 30

v3: 28

Damn this is close. I think I'll give it another day or so to see if theres an outright winner. When one version is winning by 10 votes or more I'll make a final decision. Its then a case of people suggesting additional improvements to the final version and then I'll start doing the match screen etc.

So have I, thats why I'm making one!! I'm not putting an ETA on it yet though as it still needs to be sliced before coding and i need to do a few more screens yet..

Steklo is worth a go though mate, good skin.

Yeah I did have a try, but I wasn't impressed. Cant remember why though....

Right, after approx. 8 hours into the coding stage I am currently at the following point...

Main Menu:

mainmenug.th.png

Squad List:

playerprofile.th.png

In my belief I have come to a logger head with the remaining issues. These are;

a) Tab Bar: What I would like to do is keep the main tabs (top left corner of Squad List screen) where they are but move the sub tabs (Attributes, Personal, etc.) into the bar at the bottom of the header.

b) Search Box: As you can see from the Squad List preview, the searchbox needs moving sighty left and down hwoever it seems to cut off the bottom of the box when I do.

c) Continue Button: This needs moving into the darkened box in the middle vertically and to the far right of the header. I know how to change its appearence and would like the Back/Forward buttons to be below the continue button also.

d) Match Header: I have managed to move the scoreboard container into the right place but can't seem to move the actual text down with it. this is necessary.

e) Time/Date: I know the code in order to display these two things however I am having issues getting it to display in the correct position.

Finally:

f) The quicklinks: I have seen from some skins in previous years (namely SoftOne) that it is possible to have them structured so that they don't all appear in the same bar. What I want is as my mock-up whereas they are aligned 5x3 in the big box on the right of the header. Currently I'm having issues with this.

It's my belief that coding wise the rest of it is next to complete and it will then just be a laborious case of replacing certain graphics (nothing difficult there) and then this skin will be complete but without these issues being solved this skin will never see the light of day and that would be a shame for the community which deserves a vast choice of skins (and a shame for me after putting so much work into it).

So, what I am now asking is for a few tried and tested coders to come on board and help me fix these remaining problems, therefore I am willing to do a BETA test and would like some volunteers of the above variety. Anyone who gets involved will be duly creditted for their help in this effort and I'm sure praised by the community for getting another skin onto the scene.

If anyone is willing, please can you drop me a PM either here, at FMGLive or on the SI Forums.

My username on each site is as follows;

Drakestone (SI Forums)

Aerythrylin (SUSIE)

Zaphynx (FMGLive)

Thanks for listening and I hope to hear from people shortly.

Drake.

:thup:

I am going to release this as a BETA test for anyone knowledgable in coding or skinning in order to try and iron out any remaining problems as I stumped right now. 12 hours of coding and I'm worn out. :D

The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned if it means this finally gets done and out cause I'm sick of the sight of it already. :p

Drop me a PM if you are interested and I'll send you a link to the .rar file.

I am going to release this as a BETA test for anyone knowledgable in coding or skinning in order to try and iron out any remaining problems as I stumped right now. 12 hours of coding and I'm worn out. :D

The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned if it means this finally gets done and out cause I'm sick of the sight of it already. :p

Drop me a PM if you are interested and I'll send you a link to the .rar file.

Only 12 hours? Lightweight. :p

You should have seen the faff-fest that was the Susie skin.

Well, it appears that it DOES have those limitations. Oh well, I can work round them for this skin. I'll have to bear them in mind for any future layouts I do.

I am putting this out for general BETA now, let's try and get rid of any remaining layout issues.

http://www.filefront.com/14993841/aer.rar

Anyone who had been sent the BETA link previously, can you redownload the new file and replace the aer folder in your skins folder as this has been updated slightly to ensure the actions and match controls sit in the right place. Still have a few niggles to fix but nothing skin breaking atm.

If anyone manages to fix any of the problems I've already outlined (or any I haven't) then please reupload the skin and send me a link. You will be duly credited for your work.

Cheers,

Drake.

Well, it appears that it DOES have those limitations. Oh well, I can work round them for this skin. I'll have to bear them in mind for any future layouts I do.

I am putting this out for general BETA now, let's try and get rid of any remaining layout issues.

http://www.filefront.com/14993841/aer.rar

If anyone manages to fix any of the problems I've already outlined (or any I haven't) then please reupload the skin and send me a link. You will be duly credited for your work.

Cheers,

Drake.

Thank, i'll try it later. I'm at work now

Another quick update.

Edited the original mock-up to better reflect what the final product will look like now. Most of this is coded as most of you know, just thought I'd let you picture what the final work will look like better.

aerfinaldesignnormal.th.png

@Bradmonk:

I'm currently in contact with CaptainFerret (creator of StekloX) about the remaining issues I have left with the skin. Once these have been fixed up the skin will be ready to go layout wise. There are a few images (including morale icons) which belong to Steklo X which I used as a basis for this skin to get the layout correct (this matched my skin more closely therefore helped more than if had worked from the default skin work wise) which I do not have permission to use for release as of yet and I doubt I will need, as they will all be replaced with original graphics before final release. Therefore, the morale icons won't look like that come completion.

However, do you have any suggestions about what you wish the morale icons to look like? I'm always open to suggestions... :D

I've been set back by the issues I have already mentioned but hopefully with the help of Ferret (thanks again Tom, I owe you one ;) ) this should be out ASAP.

Drake.

@barry:

a) I'll have a look at that, I could make the opacity higher.

b) I'm aware of this issue, it only happens with the top row at the moment, this is due to the actions (the buttons to the left of it) extending too far across (i.e. going over the top quicklinks). This will be fixed for final release.

c) I'm not looking at making a left-hand version (so to speak) aswell unfortunately, however, I will give permission for someone to create it as long as they credit me aswell.

Cheers,

Drake.

Archived