The Andorra Double Challenge! FM10

And the Third Qualifying Round has been reached!

http://i46.tinypic.com/290yphc.jpg

FH started with no less than 6 former Principat players on the pitch, after a period in which most of my better players were taken by the Icelandic side. The first match was played in a counter-style, with an early 0-1 being equalized in the 90th minute. At home, we took control of the game and never let go. FH created some chances, but never big ones, and with the 2-0 I replaced my supporting MC with a DMC, let him play as a defensive ball winner and with two deep midfielders we killed the match properly.

Next up is CFR Cluj, something different. Home game first.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice going BustaRaymes looks like your making steady progress, i think it looks like you've done the International side of things the right way around i really wish i'd started at U19's or U21's now rather than jumping straight in . . . Oh and good luck against Cluj.

Yeah Brettney, at first I wanted to be Andorra manager as soon as possible, but this way I can see all the players until they are in their early 20s. May well be a great way to decide when to get in.

Cluj wasn't too bad, both home and away a 2-1 loss. Now in the Europa League, I have to play Sevilla :D Played the first leg yesterday, lost 5-0 but the computer crashed, so I have to take the loss one more time I guess :p

Finding it tough in Spanish Second Division. Can't seem to get a win.

Been up 3-0 in two games and drawn 3-3 with last minute goals.

5th from bottom at the moment and can't register my new signings until Jan! Annoying me!

Edit: As I say that a welcome win!

FC Andorra - SEASON 2010-2011

The League

The competition campaign got off really well. With our first defeat coming in game 23, and leading the league by 7 points, things were already as good as done as far as the title was concerned. But in a cruel twist players started going down likes flies and we started to slip down the league ending in 3rd position. This meant a tough away trip to Algeciras, which we won in extra time thanks to 2 toscano goals, and if we thought that was tough it was only about to get harder with a game against Gimnastica who had won their division by a street. The game also went to extra-time after finishing 1-1 after 90 minutes. Xavier Andorra sent the capacity 2000 crowd wild with a 94th minute winner and we were promoted to divison 2.

Final league table:

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac167/nooney26/SpanishThirdDivisionGroup5.png

League Stats:

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac167/nooney26/SpanishThirdDivisionGroup5-2.png

Season Summary:

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac167/nooney26/Spain.png

Play Off Semi-Final:

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac167/nooney26/DanielNoon-3.png

Play Off Final

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac167/nooney26/DanielNoon-2.png

The Cup

What Cup????

The Finances

Need a takeover and soonish.

Andorra

I took control of the U-21s at the end of june and after restricting Germany to a 2-0 loss at home in the qualifiers, we managed to stun our next opposition in a friendly and won 1-0!

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac167/nooney26/AndorraUnder21svSloveniaUnder21s.png

Targets:

SURVIVE!!

Glenn Fitzpatrick - FC Andorra (Season 4 Review)

Media Prediction: 18th

My Prediction: 12th

Final Position: 4th (Promoted via playoffs)

A tremendous season for me. I slightly adjusted my preferred formation and all of a sudden we're 20 league games unbeaten, finishing in a playoff position. It surpassed all of my expectations and I am delighted to announce that FC Andorra will start next season in the Liga Adelante. The playoffs at this tier are a tough, drawn out process and we hung on to beat Cultural Leonesa 1-0 in the final game.

Sadly it has gotten to the point where Ayala, Sanchez and a few other Andorrans cannot cut it but I have a 4 star 16 year old in the youth team who will be an Andorran legend before too long. Disappointingly, I was sacked as national team manager this season, god knows if or when I'll get the job back. I'm looking forward to next season now where hopefully I can grind out 17th place at the least. I've set myself a goal of 3 years max to make it to BBVA but the board has to back me now, don't they? =/

This season was also a first for me in the form of taking in transfer fees for a couple of players above 100K. Things are looking bright in Andorra la Vella! Hopefully some kind soul out there on the SIgams forum will help us find our real crest!

FC Andorra - SEASON 2011-2012

The League

Managed to stay just above the relegation zone until new year, when with 4 games in hand due to the stadium being double booked, i shot up the league and finished a comfortable 6th.

Final league table:

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac167/nooney26/SpanishSecondDivisionB2.png

Best Win:

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac167/nooney26/DanielNoon-4.png

The Cup

What Cup???? Although im glad to say i am competing in the spanish cup 12/13, where i got to the 4th round and a 2 legged affair with atletico madrid, managed to put 4 past them, although conceded 9 and gained 600k gate receipts :D

The Finances

Need a takeover and soonish.

Targets:

Play-offsssssssssssssssssssssss.

Glenn Fitzpatrick - FC Andorra (Season 5 Review)

Media Prediction: 22nd

My Prediction: 22nd

Final Position: 17th

I fully expected to go back down this season but in the process being in a much stronger position to bounce back up. I didn't bank on a few of the teams being almost as bad as me however and we did just enough to stave off relegation this season. This means massive things for FC Andorra. The new chairman has agreed to let me remain as manager and the youth & training facilities are finally getting an update. We turned a profit it every month of the year and the finances are secure for the time being. With things on the up we announced a switch to full time status which finally mean I can compete with the rest of the league in attracting players. All that's needed now is the new stadium which will happen quicker if I can get into BBVA, not beyond the realms of possibility but I'd be happy with mid-table next season.

I haven't bothered applying for the Andorran National Job yet. I don't want the same scenario as last time happening. I reckon it could be mine again in 3/4 seasons. One jem has already appeared and I sold him to Espanyol for €425,000. He'll develop better there than at FC Andorra and he's destined to become a national hero.

For anyone in need of cash, try arranging friendlies against bigger reputation teams away from home, I rake in around 500k every summer just on friendlies alone.

Unfortunately, the FC Andorra originals are now completely gone. Toscano, Sanchez etc are no longer any use to me although I have brought Ayala in as a coach. The media once again expect me to finish bottom, if that happens then I'll march through the streets of Andorra la Vella in the nip.

Aims for 2014/15

Mid table finish in Liga Adelante

Decent cup run

Be in a position to challenge for promotion for the following season

Develop finances for potential new stadium.

FC Andorra Development

2009/10 - 3rd In Regional Group 15 (Promoted via Playoffs)
2010/11 - 2nd In Third Division Group 5 (Promoted via Playoffs)
2011/12 - 15th In Second Division B2
2012/13 - 4th In Second Division (Promoted via Playoffs)
2013/14 - 17th in Liga Adelante

Daniel Noon - FC Andorra (Season 4 Review)

Media Prediction: 20th

My Prediction: 4th

Final Position: 4th

I fully expected to gain promotion this season. I managed to finish 4th and that meant 3 play-off games to gain promotion. First up was Cadiz, a team just relegated from Liga Adelante the season before and looking to bounce back at the first attempt. We played great in the first game and took a 2 goal lead into the 2nd leg, however away from home we struggled and were fortunate to progress 4-3 on aggregate. Play-Off 1. Next up was Cartagena and we managed to sneak by them 2-1. Play-Off 2. I was confident going into the 3rd game against Alicante after a 4-0 win in the 2nd round of the Spanish Cup and it looked comfortable after the first leg, where we again won 2-0. However, they pulled back the 2 goal deficit in the second game and it took a late goal from ruben perez to see us through. Play-Off 3.

Gained 600k from the Atletico game in the 4th round of the cup and also gained 65k from the sale of a coach and 350k from star youngster Thomas. Finances.

Unfortunately, the FC Andorra originals are now completely gone. Toscano, Sanchez etc are no longer any use to me. The media expect me to finish bottom.

Aims for 2013/14

Survive in Liga Adelante

Decent cup run

Get TakenOver and go full-time

FC Andorra Development

2009/10 - 1st In Regional Group 15 (Promoted via Playoffs)
2010/11 - 3rd In Third Division Group 5 (Promoted via Playoffs)
2011/12 - 6th In Second Division B2

Daniel Noon - FC Andorra (Season 4 Review)

Media Prediction: 20th

My Prediction: 4th

Final Position: 4th

I fully expected to gain promotion this season. I managed to finish 4th and that meant 3 play-off games to gain promotion. First up was Cadiz, a team just relegated from Liga Adelante the season before and looking to bounce back at the first attempt. We played great in the first game and took a 2 goal lead into the 2nd leg, however away from home we struggled and were fortunate to progress 4-3 on aggregate. Play-Off 1. Next up was Cartagena and we managed to sneak by them 2-1. Play-Off 2. I was confident going into the 3rd game against Alicante after a 4-0 win in the 2nd round of the Spanish Cup and it looked comfortable after the first leg, where we again won 2-0. However, they pulled back the 2 goal deficit in the second game and it took a late goal from ruben perez to see us through. Play-Off 3.

Gained 600k from the Atletico game in the 4th round of the cup and also gained 65k from the sale of a coach and 350k from star youngster Thomas. Finances.

Unfortunately, the FC Andorra originals are now completely gone. Toscano, Sanchez etc are no longer any use to me. The media expect me to finish bottom.

Aims for 2013/14

Survive in Liga Adelante

Decent cup run

Get TakenOver and go full-time

FC Andorra Development

2009/10 - 1st In Regional Group 15 (Promoted via Playoffs)
2010/11 - 3rd In Third Division Group 5 (Promoted via Playoffs)
2011/12 - 6th In Second Division B2

I might just have you done for slight plaigerism mate :thdn::rolleyes::thdn:

Truegunners - FC Andorra 2013/14 - Liga Adelante

My Prediction: 18th

Final Postion: 12th \o/

At the start of this season I had look at my squad and found I had to replace more then half the current squad! so I brang in 22 new players to help us stay up in are first season in the adelante, initally we started poorly, but form picked up and by the halfway point we had climbed from 21st to 17th, however I noted are strikeforce for being absolutly weak with just a combined total of 3 goals between them! :mad: looking in the January market I managed to find one new striker unfortunatly he did nothing to help us scoring a pitful 3 goals in 16 games.

However as luck would have it my misfiring slovanian striker decided to find some form and lifted us to a 12th place finish, he ended up finishing with 20 league goals he is now on the clubs favoured personnal! meanwhile an interesting thing of note was one of my youth players was picked up by Portsmouth for 800k, I didn't want to sell him as he was a being rotated in my squad, but I guess the money could come in handy, he is now Andorra's best player! :eek: In the Andorra U21s I managed 3 wins, but only one in the u21 qualifiers (Ireland 1-0!), however the U21s are steadily improving, but I feel I'm ready for the national team now, I will just see if the manager gets sacked (if he ever does), with the current crop of players Andorra have they should be able to atleast register a few points in euro qualifiers.

I am now worried I might not be able to repeat this years heroics, but thankfully I have most of the squad on 3-4 year contracts (although some are starting to get cocky and are refusing to sign extensions), oh and my facilites are now average and adequate :D, lastly I have still not had a stadium expansion, this is crazy and unrealistic how can a Adelante club be playing in a 1800 seater stadium and still make a profit? the board keep getting rejected by the stupid council :thdn:, we need to expand the stadium if we want to realise are dream and enter the promised land...

Estrella Watch:

Estrella

He's had a decent year and has rapidly improved he is currently andorra's second best player, it's clear the fame has gone to his head and he has requested a transfer, since he has a 4 year contract he will be going nowhere! not unless I get 5million!

and introducing...

Santana Watch

Santana

Had a fair half year at Portsmouth, he's turned into a good player, who knows he could be bigger then Koldo!

Last years targerts:

Improve Stadium /o\

Improve facilites \o/

Keep Estrella \o/

Targets for next season(lol the same as last years):

Improve stadium

Improve facilites!!

Keep Estrella!

southsidecelt - FC Andorra - Season 1 Review

Predicted Finish - 2nd

Actual Finish - 2nd

Only signings were Pol, the goalkeeper a few others signed and Villarroya, a Spanish winger which shows I'm not going with the only Andorran players rule.

Season was very comfortable up until the last quarter where a few dodgy draws and one really disappointing defeat to Amigo saw us drop from first to second.

The earlier part of the season saw us go on a 20 game unbeaten run and two runs of 7 wins in a row. Insufficient squad depth was probably the result of us not hanging in and winning the title.

Best players were the two strikers Toscano, who got 35 goals in 35 games, and Andorra who got 24 in 33 games.

Took the national team job in July 09 and have played five games against Poland, Russia, Ukraine(x2) and Kazakhstan. Unfortunately lost all these 2-0 apart from the Kazak game where we narrowly lost 2-1.

Brettney's Andorra season 2012/13

Second Division - 12th.

We started the season well sitting in the top 3rd for the first 8/10 games but then went on a poor run as the squad is just too thin on quality we never really looked like being a relegation candidate really so next season with a few signings hopefully we can aim for a playoff spot ...

Squad Stats

Transfers,

I've now put an end to my no foreigners rule and signed 3 (Argentinian, Spaniad and Portuguese).

I've neglected this for around a month but hopefully real life things have calmed down abit now and i can get some serios FM time in (if Mass Effect 2 doesn't take over that is ...)

Brettney's Andorra season 2012/13

Squad Stats

I notice you have a reserve team and U19 team in this screenshot and in the screenshot you posted at the end of season 1. When I start as F.C. Andorra I have neither, is this something that happens when you get promoted? Or when the youth facilities are upgraded? Or have I set my game up incorrectly?

I notice you have a reserve team and U19 team in this screenshot and in the screenshot you posted at the end of season 1. When I start as F.C. Andorra I have neither, is this something that happens when you get promoted? Or when the youth facilities are upgraded? Or have I set my game up incorrectly?

I'm not too sure i remember something like that happened when i was playing around in the editor once ... You should have reserves and U19's from th start.

Has anyone else got the same problem?

I'm playing using 10.2 if that makes a difference?

That might be it, i know i had to change things alot in the database to get it to work on 10.2 so i might of done something different ... I'll have a look when i get chance might be later on today though off out soon ...

Edit: Would like to know if anyone else on 10.2 has no U19's?

Glenn Fitzpatrick - FC Andorra (Season 6 Review)

My Prediction: 16th or something

Final Position: 7th

And oh how they doubted me, they of little faith expected FC Andorra to suffer second season syndrome. Needless to say that didn't happen. We almost made a push for promotion too. Great result on the final day saw us relegate Deportivo which I found funny :)

Struggling a bit financially, my wage budget is denting the finances and the poor stadium can't be upgraded. Hopefully that mess gets sorted out sooner rather than later. It should be sorted if I can get promoted this season.

Aims for 2015/16

Decent Cup Run

Challenge for promotion

FC Andorra Development

2009/10 - 3rd In Regional Group 15 (Promoted via Playoffs)
2010/11 - 2nd In Third Division Group 5 (Promoted via Playoffs)
2011/12 - 15th In Second Division B2
2013/14 - 17th in Liga Adelante
2014/15 -  7th in Liga Adelante

Glenn Fitzpatrick - FC Andorra (Season 6 Review)

My Prediction: 16th or something

Final Position: 7th

And oh how they doubted me, they of little faith expected FC Andorra to suffer second season syndrome. Needless to say that didn't happen. We almost made a push for promotion too. Great result on the final day saw us relegate Deportivo which I found funny :)

Struggling a bit financially, my wage budget is denting the finances and the poor stadium can't be upgraded. Hopefully that mess gets sorted out sooner rather than later. It should be sorted if I can get promoted this season.

Aims for 2015/16

Decent Cup Run

Challenge for promotion

FC Andorra Development

[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000]2009/10 - 3rd In Regional Group 15 (Promoted via Playoffs)[/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000]2010/11 - 2nd In Third Division Group 5 (Promoted via Playoffs)[/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000]2011/12 - 15th In Second Division B2[/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000]2012/13 - 4th In Second Division (Promoted via Playoffs)[/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000]2013/14 - 17th in Liga Adelante[/color][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000]2014/15 -  7th in Liga Adelante[/color][/font]

Good season there Fitzaay :thup:, currently my andorra side are 9th , good luck about getting the stadium, for the last few years I have been asking for an expansion, each time I'm rebuffed, despite having 5m in the bank! still atleast my facilites are getting regular upgrades my youth ones are now Averge and now the board have agreed to upgrade the training facilites to good \o/

I'm about to pick this up again some time soon. Was getting a bit bored by it, but refused to start a new save as I'd no longer think about this one and eventually delete it. So I've played good-old CM01-02 for a few weeks and now and then I want to continue with CE Principat. So one of these days there will be an update ;)

Great job everyone on getting the Andorrans forward!

Truegunners - FC Andorra 2014/15 - Liga Adelante

My Prediction: 10th

Final Postion: 2nd :eek:

Well I still can't believe it we have entered the promised land! at the start of the new season all I was looking for was an upper mid-table finish, maybe even a chance of a good top half finish but never would I have imagened myself in the promotion race! after the first three games, results started to pick up and by the winter months we were 9th, I looked at my strikerforce and found Pecnik (my amazing slovanian striker!) had managed 14 goals, while my other striker had not a single goal in ten games :(, so I sold him for some money and bought in a new star striker from Colombia and this new 'star' scored 12 in 18 games! :thup:.

With just five games left I was 5th, we had just lost to Albacete it seemed after that loss my players were inspired to win 4 of our last five game and thus lead us to promotion, more good news was my youth facilites have now been upgraded we are average and have a youth academy \o/, training facilites are now good, however the stadium still hasen't been upgraded, for goodness sakes if we can't upgrade it surely we can atleast build a new one?

At the moment I am worried we went up too fast, still it should provide good experience for some of my players, but the tiny stadium we have is holding us back and makes me worry for our future..

Estrella Watch:

Estrella

Wow what an improvement! looks like my training's paid off, he had a good year and has now improved to become Andorra's best player! he is currently rated as a decent BBVA player, he should be very useful for me at this level(because the screenie was taken late he hasen't got his previous season's stats.

Santana Watch

Santana

His performances were nothing special this year (because I took the screenie late he hasen't got his previous season's stats) I don't think he's cut out for the Championship, back to Andorra methinks...

Last years targerts:

Improve Stadium :mad:

Improve facilites \o/

Keep Estrella \o/

Improve stadium!!!

Survive the BBVA

Keep the team together

• 1 month later...
Truegunners - FC Andorra 2014/15 - Liga Adelante

My Prediction: 10th

Final Postion: 2nd :eek:

Well I still can't believe it we have entered the promised land! at the start of the new season all I was looking for was an upper mid-table finish, maybe even a chance of a good top half finish but never would I have imagened myself in the promotion race! after the first three games, results started to pick up and by the winter months we were 9th, I looked at my strikerforce and found Pecnik (my amazing slovanian striker!) had managed 14 goals, while my other striker had not a single goal in ten games :(, so I sold him for some money and bought in a new star striker from Colombia and this new 'star' scored 12 in 18 games! :thup:.

With just five games left I was 5th, we had just lost to Albacete it seemed after that loss my players were inspired to win 4 of our last five game and thus lead us to promotion, more good news was my youth facilites have now been upgraded we are average and have a youth academy \o/, training facilites are now good, however the stadium still hasen't been upgraded, for goodness sakes if we can't upgrade it surely we can atleast build a new one?

At the moment I am worried we went up too fast, still it should provide good experience for some of my players, but the tiny stadium we have is holding us back and makes me worry for our future..

Estrella Watch:

Estrella

Wow what an improvement! looks like my training's paid off, he had a good year and has now improved to become Andorra's best player! he is currently rated as a decent BBVA player, he should be very useful for me at this level(because the screenie was taken late he hasen't got his previous season's stats.

Santana Watch

Santana

His performances were nothing special this year (because I took the screenie late he hasen't got his previous season's stats) I don't think he's cut out for the Championship, back to Andorra methinks...

Last years targerts:

Improve Stadium :mad:

Improve facilites \o/

Keep Estrella \o/

Improve stadium!!!

Survive the BBVA

Keep the team together

I'm interested in reading how you went in the BBVA. Any updates?

Just wonderring if anyones still playing? I know i haven't been around much in over a month, really going to try to find more time and be around.

I will be when I get the game in a week or so. I hope the others didn't stop because of some limitation to the game resulting in FC Andorra being unsustainable (stadium, wages, etc.)?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I have finally got around to getting this started. I'm not exactly following the challenge rules but I hope you guys don't mind me posting my progress here. What I have done is to use a simple edt file to swap FC Andorra with Gava in the Spanish Second Division B3. I don't really like messing with the editor these days as I somehow always feel that it "taints" the game somehow.

Anyway, I'm currently in 5th place through six games. This is a little surprising and some of the results were lucky but I'm very happy with my tactics, which is something that has frustrated me in the past. Rather than try and over think it I've got a relatively simple 4-4-2 with the deep forward moved to AMC and a few other minor tweaks. My star AMC, Torres, who I only just discovered in this save, has scored 6 goals in 6 games (15 from 8 in the preseason).

I'll post more if there is an interest.

torres.jpg

Kaka (poor man's) anyone?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm getting a bit annoyed. My laptop died like 3 months ago, the one I'm using atm won't be playing FM10. Want to get a new one very soon, just to continue this challenge. I've put the save on a cd when I had the gut feeling my laptop was at his end.

So I guess I'll be back in action before too long.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just found out my school laptop can actually play FM at an acceptable speed rate. In 2 weeks I'll be taking the save with me and go on with this. It's been a while and I need to get back into the game, so now I'm playing some games in Holland. But I will get back into this.

Archived