Cant apply to manage a country

do you have the patch as there was an issue about international jobs not applying, but im not 100% sure what it was. Might be something to do with leagues loaded as if the denmark squad doesnt have any real players in it you wont be able to take control of it i dont think

Yeh i got the patch

I only have the English league loaded.

But in the past I did manage to apply for brazil, portugal, holland (and got rejected)

So why not denmark?

id say as some are greyed out then its not loaded the denmark side as a playable team. I think it only loads 'major' nations to be able to be used (unless the nations league is loaded by yourself at the start), like as you said brazil, prtugal etc. It would work on reputation of the national side as to whether it loaded or not, id say denmark hasnt.

I could be very wrong but i think thats the reason

In my understanding, aussieant32 is correct.

If a nation does not have enough "real" players in the DB, then the national team will not be "playable". It will still hire and sack AI managers, but the human manager cannot apply.

I think that's a good thing; I've gotten some barely-above-the-limit national jobs and had real squad selection problems. My Nigeria side at one point was starting an 18-year-old GK because that was my only choice, and I had a similar problem with Argentina when the #1 choice retired from international football and the #2 broke a leg the following week; the next-best was some 20-year-old who didn't belong in a World Cup campaign.

In general, if you want to manage a specific national team (e.g., your nationality, or a favorite nation) I recommend making the top league from that country "Playable" at the start of the game. Alternately, you can use "Include All Players From .." at game-start to make sure it has enough real players. (That's all but required when managing a nation with an unplayable league such as Jamaica or Nigeria).

In my understanding, aussieant32 is correct.

If a nation does not have enough "real" players in the DB, then the national team will not be "playable". It will still hire and sack AI managers, but the human manager cannot apply.

I think that's a good thing; I've gotten some barely-above-the-limit national jobs and had real squad selection problems. My Nigeria side at one point was starting an 18-year-old GK because that was my only choice, and I had a similar problem with Argentina when the #1 choice retired from international football and the #2 broke a leg the following week; the next-best was some 20-year-old who didn't belong in a World Cup campaign.

In general, if you want to manage a specific national team (e.g., your nationality, or a favorite nation) I recommend making the top league from that country "Playable" at the start of the game. Alternately, you can use "Include All Players From .." at game-start to make sure it has enough real players. (That's all but required when managing a nation with an unplayable league such as Jamaica or Nigeria).

I've once managed Ghana and only had two 18yrs clubless GK regens which stats were sucks. So instead playing them I'm using grey players which amazingly got better stats.

Then what's the deal with Germany. I have all the german leagues playable in my game as well as all other major nations and some smaller ones (all leagues in each nation), yet the German squad is filled wilth grayed out players.

It's funny i'm now on 22-10-2011 and the german u19 squad which is full of regens only has one grayed out player while the main squad still does not have a single "real" player

Quick way to find out if they're manageable...go to jobs, and then "job status"...sort by team name so the list is in alphabetical order. Go to D and if Denmark is not there, they're not manageable. I've noticed I get emails about nations looking for managers even if they're not playable so im guessing that is the case here.

Archived