Regional League Winners - End of Season Cup

samuelburrowsuk

Hi guys,

Need a little help if possible. I have set up some regional league structures in England which are all working very nicely. The Top division finish their league system in February and I was hoping the top 2 from each of the 4 regions would play in an 8 team cup between Feb and May to decide the national champions.

I have set the Cup up, made it a Cup with a Group stage, set it to a single group with each team playing each other twice. There is a Grand Final in May where the top 2 in the group stage will meet. I've set the number of teams to 8 and picked the 4 Regional Division 1 competitions, set the number of teams from each to 2.

The problem I have is that when the league season ends, the cup never gets filled, its just empty! In the cup profile, the only highlighted date on the calendar is the Grand Final. Does anyone know how I can make the game "push" the top 2 from each regional division 1 into the cup competition?

Many thanks,

Sam.

.....except that is, now the cup seems to be grabbing random teams! The "Get Teams from Division" thing - how do you specify that you want the Top 2 from each division?

Edit: Not even random, its just the same 8 teams each time that are being taken..... odd.

Edit 2: It doesn't generate the list of qualifiers for the end of season tournament until after the "Season Close" point in June. Which means there is a year latency. Can't see any way round this other than to set up the end of season tournament to take place August - December before regional qualification begins in January. Not ideal but will be fine.

Archived