Just Signed My Mate!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Godparents nephew is Caleb Folan.

Not a bad player but hell, I just signed him for Bristol Rovers in the 2011 season and he went 42 appearances with 1 goal. I sold him to Exeter and he's got 0 goals in 19 appearances for them it looks like. :confused:

Jacob Butterfield - Barnsley (Plays for my 5aside team in summer)

Chris Brandon - Bradford - Played alongside him at Sunday League

Lee Elam - Northwich Victoria

Nicky Summerbee - Retired - Once threw a drink over him

chris brandon is my cousin & lee elam is my step brother!

Guest markyosullivan

Stephen Dooley, plays for Coleraine FC in the Northern Ireland Premiership division. He goes to my school. And James Peeden (also Coleraine), used to go to my school.

My cousin used to play for Hartlepool United, Michael Maidens. Unfortunately he died in a car accident so is no longer on the DB, but any Hartlepool fans will know he was a quality player.

Michael Maidens a qaulity lad! Came to Blyth Spartans my local team who I support on loan. He will be greatly missed by fans and family! RIP

Further to my previous post...

Nathan Ellington and Lee Ellington - My Best Friend is Dating Lee from Farsley so know Nathan

Tom Cleverley - Often played 5aside against him

Paddy Kenny - Lives 4 doors down in Halifax

Clayton Donaldson - Used to live next door

Went to primary and secondary school with Kris Boyd of Rangers, he still plays exactly the same way now as he did then, stood in the 18 yard box and screamed to be passed to.

LOL my mate at work played against boyd with the school teams a few times and said basically the same thing. He was not impressed! Still looks like Boyds made a decent living by mastering his crude craft!

I played in the park with Alan Trouten of Airdrie. Nice chap and a good player but i never thought he'd make it pro! Bob Davidson (ex-Dundee) was also at my school, 3 years below me but he was already at Rangers youths and did look a player, my impression was he was a bit too cocky about it all tho. Was also a bit-part of a random footy tour with the Dunfermline school team who were Scottish champions at that time I think. I remember Craig Wilson (Dunfermline then Raith) and Greg Fleming (Gretna then Dunfermline) were there, maybe a few more have played at a good level but I cant mind all of the players who were there. Dull facts for youse there.

i was mates with fellow die hard ger scott brown at school. WRTP

haha would you go to Celtic for the money as well then? I believe you know him and i believe that hes a rangers fan but i cant believe he cares that much about gers that he did that. Can you confirm the tattoo rumour?

I think craig burley had/has a rangers tattoo as well?

• 4 weeks later...

ive played against john o'shea a few times when he still lived in waterford

i played for the same local team, dunmore united with newly signed ipswich keeper brian murphy. i always thought he was a fantastic keeper. he was one of the main reasons the local team did well for a good few years. he was also in my year in school

also in my year in school was jim goodwin who playes for huddersfield town.

i knew daryl murphy who is on loan at ipswich town when he lived and played in waterford for waterford united. know a good few lads who play or played for waterford.

kenny browne who plays for sporting fingal in the LOI Premier was my ex-girlfriends brothers best friend

Connor Ramsay that plays for St.Mirren goes to a school near mine and ive played against him before, he told us once if we injured him then he wouldnt be able to play for scotlands youth teams :p.

Ive also played with Billy Davies son, Mark. He doesn't play for a team or anything but he always has the top of the team his dad is managing :)

My cousin for Erksine knew willie and steven Kinninburgh that played for rangers, dunno if there still players.

Edit: To the guy who knew Graeme Owens, im a Kilmarnock Season Ticket Holder and he is not the greatest :p

Adam Collin, the Carlisle United Goalkeeper lives up the road from me and i often see Danny Grainger (St. Johnstone) and Lewis Guy (Doncaster Rovers) out in my home town as that's where there originally from. I often play as Carlisle United so obviously use Adam Collin and sometimes sign Lewis Guy on loan.

Karl Sheppard - Ex Everton now of Galway United, was 2 years ahead of me in school, in the same year as his younger brother.

Stephen Ward - Wolves LB, he was coached by a family friend, and I have been coached by Wardy in the past. Always good for a wave when you see him about at home lol.

Eoin Wearen - West Ham youth player - my cousin.

A friend of mine plays for Loja, who are a non-playable (unless the get into the Segunda B4) Spanish side, playing in the 4th tier. I signed him for Granada CF, he was crap, so I free transferred him. When I mentioned it to him, he thought it was hilarious, having no idea he was in the game.

I've also signed my old maths teacher John Owens as a youth coach. He was formerly involved with Liverpool's youth academy, England Schoolboys manager, England non-league (or England "C") manager and assistant manager of Runcorn, at the time they were in the Conference.

My PE Teacher plays for Gateshead, Graeme Armstrong.

:mad::mad:

'Graeme Armstrong will have continued his goal drought, having not scored in over 400 minutes for Gateshead'...

Gateshead 4-0 Wrexham, Armstrong (2). :mad:

Someone also mentioned Armand One, who also played in that game and had a blinder. :mad:

And I know a couple in the game.

One of my best friends would be in the Brighton under 18s squad in FM11, he played a couple of games for Brighton reserves but they pulled out of scholarship and ended contract about 3 weeks ago

I also use to play down my local park with a half brazilian guy who had trials with Reading (when they were in Prem). He played 1 or 2 first team games (1 against Newcastle and 1 against Derby) but didnt last there and is currently having continuing trials at Plymouth

Archived