Just Signed My Mate!

Not a "mate" by any stretch of the imagination, but I knew someone at school who supposedly was going off to join West Ham's youth academy, but this was after I'd moved to another school on the other side of the country, so I don't know if he ever did it (and subsequently made it). For the past few versions I've wanted to see if he's in the game, but rather embarrassingly over the course of the past six and a half years, I've forgotten what his surname is so I can't look him up (all I remember is that his first name's John, he's Scottish and he'll be 23 by now...which doesn't narrow it down all that much :p)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to school with a lad called Tam Makindawire (sp). He was a few years below me, ended up on the books of West Brom, a few moves later I heard of him at Hereford, not sure where he at now. At school he was an amazing player.

Just shows what poor training facilities can do for ya. :)

I went to school with a lad called Tam Makindawire (sp). He was a few years below me, ended up on the books of West Brom, a few moves later I heard of him at Hereford, not sure where he at now. At school he was an amazing player.

Just shows what poor training facilities can do for ya. :)

He's at Leyton Orient. Supposedly being linked with Millwall

I know Beckham's wife, shagged her the other night.

hmm, lovely, bag of bones that she is

on-topic and i know absolutely no-one, although always used to put myself and my mates from my 5-a-side team on the game

My mate Andy Alvarez plays for Swan SC in Western Australian Amateur Leagues, and he was in FM2009. I haven’t played an Australian save in FM2010 yet, but I always sign him as he is good young potential for the Glory.

Well.. My Lower School teacher's Husbands Brother is Andy Johnson of Fulham.

Other than that I'm not sure but as i'm 13 I don't have any mates obviously who could be in the game although a few friends of mine play for Youth teams. Two of my mates play for Rushden & Diamonds, My friend Ben Tilney plays for MK Dons youth and I dub him to become a great player in the future and then another of my mates plays for Luton youth I think.. :|

I was in the same year as Mitchell Hanson (Derby County), Nathan Doyle (Hull City) was at my school albeit a couple of years above me. My girlfriend went out with Will Hoskins (Watford) when she was at school and a good mate from work used to play football with Leon Best (Coventry).

St. Benedicts on Duffield Road?

Alex Henshall + lUKE Ballinger - Swindon town, Bristol city, luke was on fm06 alex should have been on this one as he was in the squad for the fa cup game this year but whoever does the research for swindon left him out of the database

Distant relative to Craig Moore and as Im living in Australia players Ive met/been at school with aren't much to brag about.

My Dad and Mums old mates are in the game as coaches. Only relative I can think of atm is my Dads cousin, Ian Scanlon, but he retired a while back.

I don't know anybody who is in the game but HOPEFULLY I will be in the next version.

I currently play for Clevedon United who are playable with the "patch" which adds all english clubs down to level 10, although not with real players.

I am a 19 year old Goalkeeper who currently plays first choice for Clevedon United.

Quite frankly, I am too old really to start touting myself to clubs as most of they are looking for younger talent but hopefully I can get a contract somewhere.

I am in the process of trying to get trials at any club I can and only have 2 set up so far.

The first is with Bristol Rovers in March, helped by the fact that I know one of their coaches!

The second is with Swindon Town.

I highly doubt that I will get anything solid out of it although the Rovers coach I know has said that they are taking on some young players on Part-time contracts at the moment, to have a proper look at them, and I hope to get that chance to train for a decent period of time in a proper coaching setup.

One of my cousin's mates is on the game.

Loaned him on my Stoke Bishop game from Huddersfield (where he is at) in the Bristol Downs League Division Four. Also loaned a Liverpool Reserves striker on loan. The fans liked my cousin's mate compared to the Liverpool Reserves player. Thought that was quite funny.

I wonder if any pro's take over teams they play for and pick themselves regardless of their stats!

probably the rubbish ones and subs and i bet you they make themselves better and id say some wouldnt be happy with the attributes they get on fm

i know about 10-15 players very well from ireland either still playing here or away in england etc.Played with and against them so new them well. was hoping i be in the game but wasn't maybe next year :)

what player are you

what team

I was in the game , ex wrexham fc ... not in this time though :(

also know a lot of the welsh national team lads , bit of a tight community though tbh.. was sitting in a pub with dean saunders and a few players a week and a half ago for pint and burger (he had coke the ponce).

john toshack (hate him) was in my little home town to open a stand

oh yeah.. been out drinking with most of the british based trinidad and tobago national players in chester too :)

Gods honest truth here..

met a lad at uni who is best mates with tom ince, paul ince's son. He's invited me to toms 19th bday party where a lot of the liverpool reserves are going to be. As well as this, toms godfather is ryan giggs so he is also going to be there. Just to top it off, tom is currently seeing rochelle from the saturdays so they are all going as well..going to be a good night!

My mates younger brother plays for Man Utd, Oli Norwood but i think it's his full name on the game

'Oliver Norwood' He's been on the past few FM's.

He actually looks like a good promsing player on Fm10, Nice to see some one from Burnley looking good :p

Edit: Of course there is Jay Rodriguez who is from Burnley but i don't know him :p

I knew a few youth team players on old CM/FM's but they wern't very good.

My mate Crossley, He his still on the game and as been on it since FM07 i think.

He was a goalkeeper for Burnley a couple of year back and his still on the game as a free agent.

Played sunday league football with him for about 4 years untill he left at the end of last season.

He also played for a Saturday team for a couple of years, Read or somthing.

He played in defense for our Sunday team haha, Used to always go out with him at weekends before he left,

Thats probably why he could'nt find another team lol, Very sound lad though.

76784174.jpg

Same birthday as me!

Scummer though:thdn:

Archived