how do you beat chelsea

how do you beat chelsea,just lost 3-0 at the bridge with man utd had same amount of chance but i had 0 ccc they had 3 which proved crucial for them.I am playing 4-3-2-1 would it be an idea to use opposition instructions,if so what would you reccomend?There 4-4-2- diamond is solid

You need to Exploit the Flanks, as they try pack the midfield. Try to Play a 4-5-1, and use your wide Midfielders.

Try

- Focus Passing Down Flanks

- Counter Attack

- Have your 'Midfield Triangle' to be 'Battling' (Have maybe 2 as Ball Winning Midfielders), as they will play through the middle.

I'm into my second season. Have beaten them in both Prem games at Stamford Bridge (playing as Spurs).

4-0 and 2-1.

I played a counter-attacking game in the first epic, and changed my strategy from counter to attack and back to counter in the second games (as I went 1-0 down). I'd agree with Corkey about the flanks and when I play them I tend to change my middle three to include 2 box 2 box mids and a ball winner.

Lost against them in the first game of the season at The Bridge 4-1 as West Ham, very even game they just stuck their chances away better than me.

The return at home was a completely different matter, Corkey is right, i played with a defensive mentallity, but made sure the team played 'wide'. I used my own tactic, which plays a DM and a 'box to box' only. Used the touchline instructions to 'clear ball to flanks' and 'exploit the flanks', turned up an impressive 4-1 win!

Just read this thread as I had Chelsea in my next game as Liverpool. Played 4-5-1 counter all game with 2 box to box midfielders. Also used my backroom advice so I played narrow, slow tempo and a high backline, but used the touchline shout 'play down the flanks'. Managed a 2-0 win with 4 ccc's created so thanks for the help!

I'm playing Chelsea at the moment and while reading this thread i've took some advice from it and also used my own ideas. I've used Mascherano as a anchor man and set him to tightly mark Frank Lampard, because he was running everything in the first 5 mins. But as soon as i set him to mark Lamps, he just stopped running about and we took control.

Editing from last time i posted this, I was winning 2 - 0 at half time, and won 4 - 1 :D

Archived