FM2010 - The Better Half - Tactical Sets, NO TC

What formation would you like to see me develop and make a project of next ?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. What formation would you like to see me develop and make a project of next ?

• 4-1-2-2-1 (Flat 4 - DMC - MC, MC - AMR, AML - FC)
    • 4-1-2-2-1 ( Flat 4 - DMC- MR, ML - AMC, AMC - FC)
    • 4-2-3-1 Wide (Flat 4 - MC, MC - AMR, AMC, AML - FC )
    • 4-2-3-1 Narrow (Flat 4 - MC, MC - AMC, AMC, AMC - FC)
    • 4-3-2-1 Wide (Flat 4 - MC, MC, MC - AMR, AML - FC)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1.Which set do you recommend for BigFour teams as well as for weaker sides (e.g. Hull) ?

2.There is one set which is "the best" ?

3.Which reputation do you have when you start the Barnsley save ?

Congrats for your tremendous work !

1 & 2 ) The best set or framework is the one that suit your players the best but if speaking in general, the more narrow formations have an advantage in this years edition and the narrow 4231 ( flat 4, MC. MC, AMC, AMC, AMC, FC ) so probably the one that gets the best out of middle teams and underdogs

3.) cant really remember but it was definitely not international footballer, probably the 2ND or 3rd highest reputation

I only use the wizard but as a test showed that JP´s tactic used with the Demo of Fm10 worked like a charm I just though that I would try my old ones in this patch to

Actually, what I meant to say was more along the lines of - are you going to release wizard-based tactics you use? :)

The classic sets are just too good. :D I get unrealistic success quite fast. I imagine it'd be more challenging using wizard-made tactics only, but every time I actually try using the wizard myself, it ends up in an equally unrealistic disaster. :)

Actually, what I meant to say was more along the lines of - are you going to release wizard-based tactics you use? :)

The classic sets are just too good. :D I get unrealistic success quite fast. I imagine it'd be more challenging using wizard-made tactics only, but every time I actually try using the wizard myself, it ends up in an equally unrealistic disaster. :)

With the Wizard, the use of "sets" becomes obsolete but I have been using a Wide "442"(flat 442, diamond or 4411 with a AMC at mentality of 20) that have been saved as 2 versions that can be tweaked using the shouts, pre-game tweaks etc into a "set". These tactics wont be uploaded though as its more of an approach rather than actual tacticfiles

TheBetterHalf

I'll test the 4-2-3-1 narrow tactic with MU in 2d season... till now I have 2 victories, 1 draw and 1 lose :

H Man City 4-2

H Bolton 1-0

A Stoke 1-1

A Chelsea 0-2

Against Bolton I've scored in 87 min...

With Stoke I had 1-0 till 83 minutes when I've decided to go defensive...1-1 in 85 min

Against Chelsea I've tried both balanced and Attack...but Chelsea was stronger all the game...

My team :

Kuzczak

Srna (Fabio, Rafael)

Ferdinand

Vidic (Brown, Evans)

Evra(Fabio)

Hargraves(Fletcher, Sandro)

Carrick

Anderson,Rooney,Aguero(Nani,Park)

Berbatov(Milevskyi, Owen)

I'm dissapointed with the last three games but I will try your tactic set for at least half of season.

Hmm, the narrow 4-2-3-1 works superb for me, overachieving by a mile in both saves I have so far (Monaghan in Ireland and Swansea in EPL). I've been top 6 with Swansea over the last few seasons in the EPL, and that's without any major / unrealistic signings. My team is still mid-low Premiership quality, top 10 side at best.

From what you've said about the version you used, I'd personally use Balanced or Balanced++ against Chelsea, and Overload in the last 10-15 minutes if they're ahead. If you go ahead and they start bombing forward, switch to Counter around 50-60 mins.

I also don't ever go defensive against a much weaker side, you're just inviting pressure that way... so in the game vs Stoke case, I'd just close the game with Balanced, keeping possession nicely and safely.

You need some more experience picking the right version at the right moment, but trust me, the sets work, especially the one you're using. Just a few posts above yours I've "complained" how unrealistically you can overachieve using them the right way.

Yep, maybe I don't understand how/when to switch/pick the right version... I'll give it a try again but not now. Yes, I've download other "unrealistic" tactic and this one is really "a bug" (I don't tell you which one, it's not fair to say it here)

it's to much with this set... I don't believe that you can win the EPL with Barnsley in 2 seasons...without reset button

This IS the biggest reason why you are underachieving. When using a top notch team and picking these versions incorrectly, one would do better with just using the default 442 Wizard version. You should also consider using the the Wide 4231 as your team will have have problems penetrate teams flooding the midfield. You also have to remember that I get great results using these sets - better than anyone else will be able to get - simply because i have made them and I very rarely make mistakes when picking the version or framework. After all, the definition of when and why to use version X or Y is a translation from how I have used them, the way i have read and interpreted the ME and it might differ from yours and other users.

Rest assure, I have NOT cheated in any way.

• 3 months later...

Hi

I'm playing FC Bayern and I create good chances but I suffer far to many goals.

I like to plau 4-4-2, and in FM 2010 the best formation for me has been "Attack" wide.

Is it possible to make the specifoc versions for my FC Bayern team? I have tried to push the D-Line back as explained above but still conceiding to many goals agains fast attackers.

If it's possible could you please send the tactics to this e-mail:

alexreinke@clix.pt

THANKS a lot

Archived