Press conferences

Lets be honest, they are C**P.

I dont think you should be always answering the questions thinking will this have negative effect of my team or players.

Example.

Playing as Villa, first round of knockout in Euro cup.

question - "whispers of potentially upset against Lyon. Do you stand a chance?

I answer in positive frame - I firmly believe we can win this game, rather than the boring (chance,if we stick to game plan) answer, what manager would not when trying to convince his overpaid football stars (you reading this Heskey)

I get the squad will not react well to question answer.......

I am only half way through first season but the press stuff is sooooo boring and repetitive, in truth SI you have not changed this part at all have you?

I personally think it needs a complete re think in a patch or at very least in FM11

Rant over.

The press conferences are ok. IRL, I hardly imagine they're a bag of fun either.

I agree about the negative answer thing though. It just seems so random and the problem is, you're not informed which comment causes unrest, so you don't know what to change.

I have new signings and the last two have both been upset, depsite some pretty cliche answers. I just can't imagine a player getting upset because I say I expect every player to perform at the same level.

This does need an overhaul as it's not changed in years.

What do you mean its not changed in years? Press conferences were only introduced in FM09. I think that this year they have improved a bit but I still send my assistant to do the majority of them.

What do you mean its not changed in years? Press conferences were only introduced in FM09. I think that this year they have improved a bit but I still send my assistant to do the majority of them.

I was sure they were there in 08 my bad. Either way they haven't improved much other than being slightly shorter than last years and feel very impersonal

The press conferences are ok. IRL, I hardly imagine they're a bag of fun either.

I agree about the negative answer thing though. It just seems so random and the problem is, you're not informed which comment causes unrest, so you don't know what to change.

I have new signings and the last two have both been upset, depsite some pretty cliche answers. I just can't imagine a player getting upset because I say I expect every player to perform at the same level.

but thats because they arent repititve. what im sure ppl are getting at here is that theres too much of the same questions asked and some of the questions are just stupid. im not ranting just stating an opinion :)

but thats because they arent repititve. what im sure ppl are getting at here is that theres too much of the same questions asked and some of the questions are just stupid. im not ranting just stating an opinion :)

Then again, if you watch IRL press conferences, it's the same moronic questions constantly :)

Why? What happens? Are the questions different?

At least you have a name to put the words to, and some of the more annoying personalities ask more annoying questions and push you for an answer when you don't want to give one.

Plus, the 'oh crap, why do I have to talk to Rob Draper from the Mail AGAIN' factor is at least a little amusing.

Archived