The FM 'Give Youth A Chance' Challenge

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FM10 Stony Stratford 2010/2011

2009/10 SSMLge1 Champions automatic promotion

Well here I am end of second season and what a season promotion and 3 Cups

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/Stony/honours.jpg

My Centre half Mark Hulme won Player of the Season.

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/Stony/playeryear.jpg

My Top goalscorer

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/Stony/lampkin.jpg

Most assists

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/Stony/hughes.jpg

My Players stats

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/Stony/playersstats.jpg

Played my entire youth team for last two league games. H 1-1 A 0-1. Three players stood out

Holden http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/Stony/holden.jpg

Murray http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/Stony/murray.jpg

Smith http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/Stony/smith.jpg

Will introduce to first team next season. Still can't get board to upgrade youth facilities.

Transfer Centre http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/Stony/transfercentre.jpg

I'm expecting to come to Earth with a bump next season

End of Season Review- South Park 09/10

League

Final Table

In brief, had a really good start winning manager in August. Hit December then things started to go downhill slowly. I was winning the league throughout the season and then hit a really bad patch at the end of the season when I couldn't score anything and eventually choked in the last game.

Playoff Final

Wow now my team finally scores, better late then never I suppose :rolleyes:

When that first goal went in, I really could of cried:p

Cups

Combined Counties Premier Cup - Semi-Final: Outplayed deserved to lose, again Couldn't score

Combined Counties D1 Cup - 2nd round: Again outplayed and a deserved defeat

F.A Vase - 2nd round qualifying: Drew 3-3 first game and had 2 goals disallowed for "offside" then went on to lose the replay after being outplayed.

Best Players

Top Goal Scorer- Ben Tyson

My Player of the Year - Aaron Jarvis

Next Seasons Objectives

Avoid relegation at all costs

Find a tactic to help me score more

Pray for a good youth crop to come through

Onwards and Upwards WOOOOO!!!!:thup:

Quick Pre-Season Update

South Park have gone Semi-pro

With getting promoted from the English Combined Counties League Division 1, i was expecting to play in the Combined Counties Premier Division but no...South Park welcome to the Kent Prem

Someone must know something I don't as I have been made Joint Favourites

One to watch - Roger Walker - This kid is already twice as good as my 1st choice left midfielder from last season, Walker will definetely be 1st choice this season

Board want a respectable position this season which should be achievable. Cups are nothing major, 2nd round in FA Vase, 2nd round qualifying in FA Cup and Semi-Finals in Kent Premier Division Cup

Quick Pre-Season Update

South Park have gone Semi-pro

With getting promoted from the English Combined Counties League Division 1, i was expecting to play in the Combined Counties Premier Division but no...South Park welcome to the Kent Prem

Someone must know something I don't as I have been made Joint Favourites

One to watch - Roger Walker - This kid is already twice as good as my 1st choice left midfielder from last season, Walker will definetely be 1st choice this season

Board want a respectable position this season which should be achievable. Cups are nothing major, 2nd round in FA Vase, 2nd round qualifying in FA Cup and Semi-Finals in Kent Premier Division Cup

Good Luck Sky bet did the same to me.

Season Update 2011/12- Combined Counties League Division One Farleigh Rovers

2009/10- 19th CCL1

2010/11- 7th CCL1

2011/12- 1st CCL1

By far the most enjoyable season I have ever had on FM, just proves how worthwhile this challenge is.

After last season I felt we needed to really push for the promotion places and we more than succeeded in doing so. A solid run to the semis in the Combined Counties Premier Cup meant the bank balance hit the black for the first time in my career. In the end it was, in my opinion quite fitting, our Captain Elliot Soar who scored the goal to send us up in the second last game of the season.

Players

Top Scorer- Mike Preston (13)

Top Assist- Nick Cooper (9)

Player Rating- Danny Remnant (7.15)

Fans POTY- Victor Manuel Arias

My POTY- Elliot Soar

Its probably worth noting that I won manager of the year, somehow none of my players were even nominated for the leagues player of the year.

Next years goal is purely to stay up and keep all my players as i have managed to do this year (edit: just lost my top scorer).

FM10 Stony Stratford 2010/2011

2010/11 SSMPremLge Champions automatic promotion F.A. Vase Winners South Midlands Floodlight Cup Winners Spartan South Midlands Challenge Trophy Winners

End of Season Three

Promotion and One Cup. F.A. Cup Rnd 4 F.A. Trophy Rnd 4

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/Stony/lgeunibond.jpg

My Top Goalscorer second season running Jordan Lampkin (26)

My Top assists second season running Gary Hughes (18)

Brought in 3 players from youth side

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/Stony/kevinoneill.jpg

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/Stony/Jamesmurray.jpg

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/Stony/Jamesjohnson.jpg

League Player of the Year Kevin O'Neill who I brought in from my youth side

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/Stony/Oneillplysea.jpg

Hoping I get some decent youth next season. With no reserve league can't improve reserve team. Going to try to get feeder club to loan out reserves to get match experience.

End Of Season Review 10/11

South Park 10/11-Kent Prem

Kent Prem WOW is all I can say, I was hoping to avoid relegation this season but the run kept going with a bump every now and then although it took the 30th game to win the title. I did have a take over in mid season but all i got was thanks for your patience, we are not planning any investment....bloody tight chairman!!!!!

Cups

FA CUP- Met the expectation of 2nd round qualifying and went out with a wimper.

FA VASE- Made it to the quarter-finals...earned a replay....then lost due to shooting problems.

Kent Prem Cup-Expectations were to get to the semis, I went one round better and won the final as well Final

Players

Ben Tyson - Top goalscorer for 2nd season running but thats not saying alot when my midfielders score more then the other strikers

Sam Collier-Not only my player of the season but the Kent Prem Player of the Season as well and only 17 as well :thup:

Roger Walker-Walker was my one to watch and what a choice, for a 16 year old he was sensational and I was right in making him my 1st choice left midfielder and as a bonus he was 2nd top scorer behind Tyson. All I hope is that he stays as clubs have become interested in him.

One last note....Manager of the Season......hopefully the first of many :D

Onwards and Upwards WOOOOOO!!!

Pre-Season Update

With getting promoted from the Kent Premier Division, I am now going to be playing in Isthmian League First Division South

I have been given even odds for promotion which does not reflect that my board wants me to avoid relegation

One to watch - For this season there is actually three to keep an eye on

Alan English - My Ass Man already rates him as a 1st teamer and I feel he has potential to be one of the best players at the club, with being rated as a first teamer he is sure to have a lot of action this season.

Luke Wright - He is the best player to come through South Parks Youth set up. He can play anywhere is midfield but seems to be rated highest at centre.

Alex Peat- I'm amazed....a player who can play up front has come through and not only that, he is rated better then my top scorer for the past two seasons Ben Tyson.

I feel these three will be relied on probably too much this season but is necessarry as they are better then what i had.

Expectations

League-Stay Clear of relegation

FA Cup- Reach 3rd qualifying

FA Trophy - Reach 2nd qualifying

Isthmian League Cup - Reach 2nd round

One last note 30/38 players are under 21 so I have a very young squad indeed :D

FM09 - Merthyr 2028/29 Mid Season Update - Championship - Marky Mark!

Jan 2029

After 9.5 great seasons for Merthyr which produced 355 games and 194 goals, Mark Quinn has steadfast refused to sign a contract renewal, and with a heavy heart has been allowed to be transfered to Premiership club Birmingham for a club record $45M (easily beating the previous record of $250k)

At the halfway mark of the season Merthyr were sitting 17th in the Championship (only 2 points behind a struggling Liverpool), maybe not fantastic, but much better then Merthyr have ever looked previously in the Championship, so it will be very interesting to see how Merthyr goes without their star player in Quinn, who is now unquestionalby the most talented player ever to come out of the Merthyr youth system.

FM09 - Merthyr 2028/29 Mid Season Update - Championship - Marky Mark!

Jan 2029

After 9.5 great seasons for Merthyr which produced 355 games and 194 goals, Mark Quinn has steadfast refused to sign a contract renewal, and with a heavy heart has been allowed to be transfered to Premiership club Birmingham for a club record $45M (easily beating the previous record of $250k)

At the halfway mark of the season Merthyr were sitting 17th in the Championship (only 2 points behind a struggling Liverpool), maybe not fantastic, but much better then Merthyr have ever looked previously in the Championship, so it will be very interesting to see how Merthyr goes without their star player in Quinn, who is now unquestionalby the most talented player ever to come out of the Merthyr youth system.

Who is Glassey ?

End of Season Review

South Park 11/12 - Isthmian League First Division South

Final Table - I was only hoping to avoid relegation but South Park made me proud and over achieved. The only downside is my team need to strengthen everywhere except midfield. If this happens I should get a play off place and maybe even push for promotion.

Cups

One word- dismal.....I got to expected rounds and went out. Hope for better next season.

Players

Top Scorer

Jason Lee - Ben Tyson's run of being top goal scorer for the season is over, long live Jason Lee!! Although he didn't exactly score many they were important in the long term in trying to avoid relegation.

Player of the Season

Matt Williams - No contest really, defended when needed to, chipped in with vital goals, 3rd top scorer for the season....not bad for a left back.

Ones to Watch Review

Luke Wright - A solid first season, was first choice throughout, hopefully he will get better with experience but has shown his ability, long may it continue :D

Alan English - The 2nd out of three prospects. Again a solid season in the heart of defence, chipped in with 2 goals both of which were winners. On the downside he has poor disciplinary problems but i love a player who isn't afraid to get stuck in :cool:

Alex Peat - He was rated better then Ben Tyson off reports but failed to show why. Involved in 13 games and not even showing potential, to say the least I am pretty disappointed :(

Pre-Season Update

2nd season in the Isthmian League First Division South

Expectations

League- Safe mid-table position.

FA Cup- 3rd qualifying round

FA Trophy - 2nd qualifying round

Isthmian League Cup - 2nd round

Ones to Watch

Craig Wright Report Wright is my Ass Mans choice.I can only see physicals and some mentals as why but other technically he seems awful but also has potential according to the report.

Tom Barrett Report Barrett is my choice as he seems to be better then other strikers in the squad. Also he seems to have potential to be a good target man as well, also his strength is being a team player which is is essential as the team will need to play as a team to meed mid table expectations.

My one hope for this season is try and at least gain a playoff spot.

I've been tempted for a while to have a go at this challenge, and now I've decided to try it.

Lets see what Mr Chris can do in his reign at Witheridge, where it costs a staggering:p $2.30 for a match ticket.

We are predicted to finish dead last in the English South West Peninsular League Premier Division, but I'll do my best to prove them wrong.

It doesn't actually mention parent clubs in the rules so I would presume it would be ok. All I can say is if the parent club tries loaning players to you then don't accept them

For me, getting a parent club just for the cash goes aganist the spirit of the challenge. Why would a club pay a feeder club money if they won't accept it's loan players?

It could be a '1st option' relationship but still seems tenuous.

ok, how do i stop teams from poaching my players?, i've lost 4 already :( i've set most of the ones i wanted to keep as reject all offers but the other clubs just way in and offer a contract

If your in tier 10 then your club will probably be set to amateur which means all you can do is try and persuade them to sign a new contract with you

FM10 Stony Stratford End of Season

2010/11 SSMPremLge Champions automatic promotion F.A. Vase Winners South Midlands Floodlight Cup Winners Spartan South Midlands Challenge Trophy Winners

2011/12 English Northern Premier League First Division North Champions automatic promotion

English Northern League Presidents Cup Winners

End of Season 4 and to my continued surprise another successful season

Promotion and One Cup. F.A. Cup Rnd 4 F.A. Trophy Quarter Final

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/premlge.jpg

Top Goalscorer James Johnson (28) who came in last season from youth team

Top assists Gary Hughes (26) third season running

Two brought up from youth side this season

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/lewismadden.jpg

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/ironbluey/marvinbelt.jpg

Heres looking forward to next season

This looks fun, i'll give it a go i "chose" Dosthill Colts. By "chose" I mean I pressed random team until i got one from level 10, there are so many I would never have been able to choose one.

Here is my profile, Dosthill Colts play in the English Midland Football Combination Premier Division they have basic youth and basic training facilities, we are predicted 17th although im not sure if that is accurate

Dosthill Colts, Midland Combination Premier 09/10

League: 2nd, Promotion through playoffs

FA Vase: lost 1-0 to Greenwood in the 2nd Qualifying round

Birmingham Floodlit Cup: Lost 1-0 to RC Warwick in semi final

League Table, League Graph

Squad

We had a great start to the season and surprisingly were pushing for promotion until midseason when we went 9 games without a win ( 6 being 0-0 draws) this left us with around 10 games to go and an 8 point deficit on 2nd place. 6 straight wins put us back in 2nd, followed by 3 more draws put us 2nd with 1 game left 3 points from 3rd and 1 point behind 1st. 1st place lost on the last day but we could only draw so we missed out on automatic promotion on goal difference.

Playoff:

We were given a nice home draw against Canterbury City. We definately saved the best till last, having never scored more than 2 goals in match, we destroyed them 4-2. We were 1-0 up at half time scored early on in the 2nd half to put us in a comfortable lead and despite a flurry of goals in the last 10 mins we hung on and finished it off with a 4th goal in the 93rd min

Cups:

FA Vase: rubbish, we were unlucky to lose to Greenwood, they only had 1 shot in the whole match

Birmingham Floodlit Cup: same story as FA Vase we were going well but didn't take our chances in the semis

Finances: Nice and Healthy :D

Season    League                             Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10         Midland Combinations Premier       2nd         Prmoted via Playoffs

Hm, after being promoted last year (season update later) I'm somehow overwhelming favourites to go up with both the bookies and the media. My board want nothing less than promotiong. Happened for anyone else?

Yer exactly the same for me except the board. Media predicts us 6th, bookies predict us as 3rd favourite however board say mid table as lowest aim.

Archived