Sports Interactive Community
aaberdeenn

Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

I'ts been a long time since my last posts here :)

Is the usual lot still roaming these halls?

I don't know if anyone still checks/uses this thread, but just in-case any of you who don't view the FMCU sub-forum and were part of the original, there are plans for a new version of Wallace v Roberts. Linky if you are interested.

I have an idea of a international equivalent of the pentagon challenges. Where you have to win 6 contintental plus the World Cup, would anyone play this

When the editor comes out we should make a Madron FC challenge:

http://devour.com/video/the-worst-football-team-in-britain/

With a load of crap players but maybe a really good youth academy? and see how far you can take them? There's definitely some fun to be had by trying to ultimately win the champions league with the worst football team in Britain!

I'd play that

When the editor comes out we should make a Madron FC challenge:

http://devour.com/video/the-worst-football-team-in-britain/

With a load of crap players but maybe a really good youth academy? and see how far you can take them? There's definitely some fun to be had by trying to ultimately win the champions league with the worst football team in Britain!

I'd definitely play that. They should make a manga or something out of it. Hahah.

Would anyone be interested in a Champions League type thing network game between people attempting or have completed Small club to big club challenges (e.g. Dafuge or Big Euro Challenge)

Would there be any interest in a top to bottom challenge? Or I might even possibly do it as a signup, thought it would need some more developing.

The basic premise is you holiday a year, then take control of a league champion and see if you can utterly ruin them without getting sacked. The end goal is to take the club out of the playable leagues. I think this would work best in England, but you could do it anywhere. The challenge comes from not just avoiding the sack, but also attempting it in the quickest time possible. Obviously it'll be all about managing expectations, perhaps gradually weakening the team to lower board expectations. The rules would be that you start off in charge of the reigning league champions, as an international footballer in reputation. Team switching is not allowed, but if you get sacked you'd be encouraged to holiday until the end of the season and then create a new manager to take over the most recent league champions. This way, as well as restarting the challenge you can see if your old team are able to continue their fall from grace or get rescued.

If ran as a sign up, I'd probably holiday a year, then take the top 10 teams in the EPL and let people design either their own Manager or (more likely) chairman. It would probably be a longer process in game years, but I could holiday through seasons which would make it quicker.

I'll create a thread with far more detail if there is enough interest in either of these ideas!

It's an interesting idea, and one I've thought about recently. It would be incredibly difficult to succeed though, potentially even impossible, but I'd love to see someone try!

I guess you'd have to try your best in all cup competitions, in the hope of keeping the board a little happier with your slump down the league(s). I wonder how far they'd allow you to drop in your first season if you won a treble of League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League.

It's an interesting idea, and one I've thought about recently. It would be incredibly difficult to succeed though, potentially even impossible, but I'd love to see someone try!

I guess you'd have to try your best in all cup competitions, in the hope of keeping the board a little happier with your slump down the league(s). I wonder how far they'd allow you to drop in your first season if you won a treble of League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League.

I did wonder whether it would be impossible. I also thought of another obstacle, which is the Club Stature bar. That's always going to be an issue once you've gone so far, probably placing you only a couple of bad results away from the sack at any time. If it was just about managing expectations season by season I think it'd be doable, but I'm wondering now whether this might work better as a sign-up/experiment. I don't think I'd get people to create a manager because they'd just apply for jobs and get sacked all the time, but perhaps a chairman would be viable. Again though, this might take too long for teams to really start failing.

I did wonder whether it would be impossible. I also thought of another obstacle, which is the Club Stature bar. That's always going to be an issue once you've gone so far, probably placing you only a couple of bad results away from the sack at any time. If it was just about managing expectations season by season I think it'd be doable, but I'm wondering now whether this might work better as a sign-up/experiment. I don't think I'd get people to create a manager because they'd just apply for jobs and get sacked all the time, but perhaps a chairman would be viable. Again though, this might take too long for teams to really start failing.

I think it's a good idea it could be points based. I don't think anyone would be able to complete it but you could get points for certain achievements e.g relegation

Not been around CSE for a couple of years but thinking of returning for a while and running another FMX-Factor.

FMX-Factor 2014?

Never completed FMX3 but the same guy won the first two versions.

Thinking about starting up a new sign up, the Bakers Dozen is close to starting and usually striker sign ups are quite successful.

My idea of starting one is the following (please let me know your feedback, and hopefully we can between us all think of something that I can start up and run).

So........

My idea is a real rags to riches type sign up - with the idea that a player starts with a CA of -1 (Meaning an ingame CA of anything between 0-20). and a PA of -10 (170-200 can be the ultimate a player can develop in to). Everything will be random of the player from which foot etc...just see what happens to them.

The player can have ANY nationality (only one, and the player will already have chosen that Nation to play for) - the player will start off in ANY country and league (that the game has as standard) I will be running the game with every league and country loaded so it will be full of detail. The player will be attached to the chosen team of the person creating the player, the team HAS to be within the lowest playable league within the starting country.

Player can be of ANY position.

I like the idea of people being able to start where they want and also with whichever country they want to - and then just away we go.

Another idea is for the above, but all start at the same team and play for the same country - say someone like San Marino or Gibraltar?

I just dunno.....what do people think? Are these types of things a thing of the past? Too early as people are learning the current new edition?

On 09/11/2018 at 11:09, nastymiller said:

Thinking about starting up a new sign up, the Bakers Dozen is close to starting and usually striker sign ups are quite successful.

My idea of starting one is the following (please let me know your feedback, and hopefully we can between us all think of something that I can start up and run).

So........

My idea is a real rags to riches type sign up - with the idea that a player starts with a CA of -1 (Meaning an ingame CA of anything between 0-20). and a PA of -10 (170-200 can be the ultimate a player can develop in to). Everything will be random of the player from which foot etc...just see what happens to them.

The player can have ANY nationality (only one, and the player will already have chosen that Nation to play for) - the player will start off in ANY country and league (that the game has as standard) I will be running the game with every league and country loaded so it will be full of detail. The player will be attached to the chosen team of the person creating the player, the team HAS to be within the lowest playable league within the starting country.

Player can be of ANY position.

I like the idea of people being able to start where they want and also with whichever country they want to - and then just away we go.

Another idea is for the above, but all start at the same team and play for the same country - say someone like San Marino or Gibraltar?

I just dunno.....what do people think? Are these types of things a thing of the past? Too early as people are learning the current new edition?

I’m interested. Start a thread and more people will show interest 

I would like to bounce a new challenge idea of regulars in here and see if it makes sense.

In 2021 with the advent of Europa Challenge League (Euro Cup II in game) the smaller nations will be getting more lower tier European football. Except for one, Lichtenstein, with no domestic football only has a single European spot for Lichtenstein cup winner. This is currently a Europa League spot but will become Europa Challenge League spot starting 2021.

Withthis set-up I would like to challenge you all to make a Lichtenstein club win the Champions League. The only way to achieve this is to win Europa Challenge League, then Europa League the next season, then finally Champions League in third season. Failure at any point would throw you back to square one.

There is only one club, Vaduz, in second Swiss division that's eligible for the challenge out of the box. There are at least a team eligible in this challenge in each of the 4-8th Swiss tiers, I expect them to open up as the expanded leagues appear in the workshop.

Let me know what you think of this

On 17/11/2019 at 08:47, rodesire said:

I would like to bounce a new challenge idea of regulars in here and see if it makes sense.

In 2021 with the advent of Europa Challenge League (Euro Cup II in game) the smaller nations will be getting more lower tier European football. Except for one, Lichtenstein, with no domestic football only has a single European spot for Lichtenstein cup winner. This is currently a Europa League spot but will become Europa Challenge League spot starting 2021.

Withthis set-up I would like to challenge you all to make a Lichtenstein club win the Champions League. The only way to achieve this is to win Europa Challenge League, then Europa League the next season, then finally Champions League in third season. Failure at any point would throw you back to square one.

There is only one club, Vaduz, in second Swiss division that's eligible for the challenge out of the box. There are at least a team eligible in this challenge in each of the 4-8th Swiss tiers, I expect them to open up as the expanded leagues appear in the workshop.

I like it.  It sounds insanely hard but that's what these challenges are all about

On 17/11/2019 at 09:47, rodesire said:

What happens if Vaduz wins the Swiss Premier League?

28 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

What happens if Vaduz wins the Swiss Premier League?

Lichtenstein clubs are hard-coded to be ineligible for Swiss European spots.

Then, unless someone voices a dissenting view, I'll write this up and give this challenge a go.

I've reloaded a few times trying to get Eschen/Mauren to the third level but without any luck.

I was considering playing the Youth Academy Challenge with them, but only the 2nd tier is playable, so they'll need at least two promotions, and that's even harder...