Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

Originally posted by super_lampard:

Hi guys, i've been thinking of doing a sign-up for a while now but i didn't want to do a normal one as there are quite a lot of these at the moment that just die out through lack of interest.

Inspired by Boskovic, Lokedout420 and Walcott's Wonderkids striker sign-ups i thought it was time to have a defender or goalkeeper sign-up where points could be based upon clean sheets, tackles per game and pass completion, games won etc. Points could be lost for goals conceded and games lost.

I realise there was one about goalkeepers scoting but this would be for their usual defensive duties and i do not believe there has ever been a defenders one having done a search.

What do you all think? Would this be a good idea? I aplogize if something like this has been done, but feel free to give me suggestions

I was thinking about starting a sign - up like this icon14.gif

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Unrealgod:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Unrealgod:

I will only do this with dafuge's permission but my idea is to copy his small club to big club challenge but in scotland instead of England.

I chose Scotland because although it isn't a very big web of leagues like England most people are aware of the clubs more than they are of foreign clubs.

One of the main other reasons for Scotland is because not enough people play their leagues and i would like to introduce starting and experienced players to,when they start a new game,not just to look at England but also Scotland.

So managers would pick a club in the scottish 3rd division.Raise them up through the ranks.When they reach the get them to win the europen cup and the league and after accomplising this. Create a new user as scotland manager. Retire him and the The player will apply and most likley get the job and must then resign from their current club and take Scotland to win the World cup.

The managers Nationality must be Scotttish.Also if they are sacked allong the way they must thake over a club in the 3rd division and do it agian!What do you think?

So do people Think it looks good then? because i know the bit about Scotland manager bit is a bit shadey but i'm only starting it with Dafudges permision. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we could do with a few more decent, popular challenges so go for it.

I've started a 'world career' game, think it could work well as a challenge. I saw Francis Cole had started a new game in the OTF LLM thread, tempted me to give a career game another go. I've always managed one club, taken them up from the lower leagues. Was enjoying Tonbridge Angels in dafuge's challenge, but its very similar to CM and FM games I've had before.

What would make it different is you can experience completely different leagues, manage several clubs, trying to win something in each country along the way. Also takes advantage of FM being faster as well as better PCs.

You could allow people any choice of leagues, as I'm sure there would be some interesting combinations and different careers.

Its similar to my idea earlier in the thread, but instead with leagues from each continent.

Leagues loaded are-

Australia

Brazil

China (used start date so game begins in January 2008)

Denmark

England (down to League One)

Germany

Israel

Romania

South Africa

USA

Starting unemployed with Sunday league rep of course, I got the job at African Warriors. Stayed there until the 26th game of the season (with 4 remaining), we were always going to get relegated.

So after resigning I waited for the season update, eventually some jobs were available, including several in Germany, after the restructuring (meaning the 4th level becomes playable).

Now managing Ismang, will see where it takes me. We've had a good start, promotion could be possible.

My aim is to have success with as many clubs as I can, eventually earning the Charlton job and returning to England.

Didn't seem to be much interest last time I mentioned a European career, what does everyone think? Should there be more limits on leagues chosen (such as at least one nation loaded from each continent) or let people come up with their own combinations (maybe European only, or only the bigger nations)?

What do you think about a career discussion thread rather than a specific challenge thread?

The idea being that you have to load at least 5 different countries from at least 2 different continents which allows for a bit of variety whilst users still have their own choice. Any other settings are up to you with the overall aim to just be as successful as possible. I think the fact there is no real aim might make it a bit more enjoyable as you can go along at your own pace and set your own targets. Thoughts?

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

What do you think about a career discussion thread rather than a specific challenge thread?

The idea being that you have to load at least 5 different countries from at least 2 different continents which allows for a bit of variety whilst users still have their own choice. Any other settings are up to you with the overall aim to just be as successful as possible. I think the fact there is no real aim might make it a bit more enjoyable as you can go along at your own pace and set your own targets. Thoughts?

I think we need to be careful not to become a place where people can just 'blog' their games, like the OTF threads. Threads in here need to have a specific aim or specific rules to play by. Obviously the more flexible they are, the more people are likely to play it.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

I think we need to be careful not to become a place where people can just 'blog' their games, like the OTF threads. Threads in here need to have a specific aim or specific rules to play by. Obviously the more flexible they are, the more people are likely to play it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about what I suggested plus the addition of this:

You must win the top league in each of your selected countries and either the UEFA Cup or Champions League with the same team you've won the league with and you must win a major championship with one of the national teams of the countries that you have selected.

This means that you must dominate a variety countries top league each of which would require a different style of play to win. Also, you must be able to convert management style into international management at some point in your career. By doing it like this it allows for lots of flexibility but with a set aim. You would start unemployed of course to make things as realistic as possible.

Thoughts on that?

I personally like the idea of concentrating on a manager's career.

Something like:

Unemployed to Millionaire

Load up all the English leagues, set your manager as unemployed, reputation of Automatic, and see how many seasons it takes for you to make £1m (this can be changed depending on how easy it is). Awards would then be given for who made the million fastest, who had the most money after x, y, and z years.

Been thinking of something like this since I saw the "career earnings" feature had been put in the game.

A career challenge is a difficult one. If you put too many goals and conditions, no one will play it. If you don't put enough conditions, it doesn't belong in this forum.

Perhaps we could just have one completely open free for all career thread with no rules, where people can discuss their careers?

Originally posted by birdy123:

Something like:

Load up all the English leagues, set your manager as unemployed, reputation of Automatic, and see how many seasons it takes for you to make £1m (this can be changed depending on how easy it is). Awards would then be given for who made the million fastest, who had the most money after x, y, and z years.

Been thinking of something like this since I saw the "career earnings" feature had been put in the game.

That would be a great idea!

A career challenge is a difficult one. If you put too many goals and conditions, no one will play it. If you don't put enough conditions, it doesn't belong in this forum.

Perhaps we could just have one completely open free for all career thread with no rules, where people can discuss their careers?

I know it maybe doesn't necessarily belong in here if it's ok with you then I think it might to this forum a whole lot of good.

The idea being that you have to load at least 5 different countries from at least 2 different continents which allows for a bit of variety whilst users still have their own choice. Any other settings are up to you with the overall aim to just be as successful as possible. I think the fact there is no real aim might make it a bit more enjoyable as you can go along at your own pace and set your own targets.

I think however for it to be classed as some sort of 'career' what I suggested earlier maybe should be taken into account.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

I know it maybe doesn't necessarily belong in here if it's ok with you then I think it might do this forum a whole lot of good.

The idea being that you have to load at least 5 different countries from at least 2 different continents which allows for a bit of variety whilst users still have their own choice. Any other settings are up to you with the overall aim to just be as successful as possible. I think the fact there is no real aim might make it a bit more enjoyable as you can go along at your own pace and set your own targets.

I think however for it to be classed as some sort of 'career' what I suggested earlier maybe should be taken into account. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something like:

The potential with that is certainly there, if a few bits are ironed out it could be great fun. icon14.gif

That's why I thought of the challenge I mentioned a few posts up. It has a time limit and the only goals are to win trophies and work your way up to managing an elite team. It would generate some interesting career discussion/comparison too I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Perhaps we could just have one completely open free for all career thread with no rules, where people can discuss their careers?

That's a good idea. I can make up a thread now if you'd like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd certainly like that icon14.gif;

I'd just want to do mine by my conditions I mentioned before as it means I'm guaranteed to experience new leagues that I'd never of gone near in the past.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Perhaps we could just have one completely open free for all career thread with no rules, where people can discuss their careers?

That's a good idea. I can make up a thread now if you'd like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thinking about rules, starting unemployed should be one. Apart from that I can't think of many others.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by birdy123:

Thinking about rules, starting unemployed should be one. Apart from that I can't think of many others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reputation should definitely be automatic. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Definitely.

What about limits on signing players, like my challenge has? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think that should matter, as you've said before the more rules the more people might be put off. The only two I think are necessary are that you start unemployed with an automatic reputation. Other than that I think it should be completely open.

Definitely.

What about limits on signing players, like my challenge has? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think it needs any limits tbf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Definitely.

I don't think that should matter, as you've said before the more rules the more people might be put off. The only two I think are necessary are that you start unemployed with an automatic reputation. Other than that I think it should be completely open. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But obviously only use official updates and no use of third party editors or use of the official editor. icon14.gif

Definitely.

I don't think that should matter, as you've said before the more rules the more people might be put off. The only two I think are necessary are that you start unemployed with an automatic reputation. Other than that I think it should be completely open. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds fair enough.

Definitely.

But obviously only use official updates and no use of third party editors or use of the official editor. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That goes without saying. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by birdy123:

The Career Thread

Feel free to add anything you think would add to it, dafuge icon14.gif

I've added a little bit icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

You could re-name the thread, 'Career Discussion Thread'. I feel that it gives more of an idea of what the thread is about, upto you thought.

The Career Thread

Feel free to add anything you think would add to it, dafuge icon14.gif

I've added a little bit icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

You could re-name the thread, 'Career Discussion Thread'. I feel that it gives more of an idea of what the thread is about, upto you though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PoopyPants:

What would you think of a goalie sign up?

Do you think people would be intrested?

I'm not so sure, I think people want to see their created player scoring goals, that is much easier to keep track of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh, I was thinking that but there seems to be a lot of striker sign ups.

What about a winger sign up - Keeping track of how many assists he makes and goalsscoredand stuff?

Originally posted by PoopyPants:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PoopyPants:

What would you think of a goalie sign up?

Do you think people would be intrested?

I'm not so sure, I think people want to see their created player scoring goals, that is much easier to keep track of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh, I was thinking that but there seems to be a lot of striker sign ups.

What about a winger sign up - Keeping track of how many assists he makes and goals scored and stuff? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, don't know how much interest there would be in a Goalkeeper sign-up tbf.

Although, if you want, I think this forum is crying out for another manager sign-up. Hasn't been one for ages.

I was thinking about starting one but then thought about Walcott's Wonderkids one and I don't think I could do one anywhere near that standard icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by PoopyPants:

Although, if you want, I think this forum is crying out for another manager sign-up. Hasn't been one for ages.

I was thinking about starting one but then thought about Walcott's Wonderkids one and I don't think I could do one anywhere near that standard icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be disheartened by that. If you provide regular updates, then it is just what this forum needs, lots of good sign-ups icon14.gif

It should be relatively easy to do as well, with less work than other types of sign-up.

I was thinking about starting one but then thought about Walcott's Wonderkids one and I don't think I could do one anywhere near that standard icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be disheartened by that. If you provide regular updates, then it is just what this forum needs, lots of good sign-ups icon14.gif

It should be relatively easy to do as well, with less work than other types of sign-up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, I'll start thinking about it now, but I'll probably start the sign up thread tomorrow icon14.gif

Originally posted by Unrealgod:

I will only do this with dafuge's permission but my idea is to copy his small club to big club challenge but in scotland instead of England.

I chose Scotland because although it isn't a very big web of leagues like England most people are aware of the clubs more than they are of foreign clubs.

One of the main other reasons for Scotland is because not enough people play their leagues and i would like to introduce starting and experienced players to,when they start a new game,not just to look at England but also Scotland.

So managers would pick a club in the scottish 3rd division.Raise them up through the ranks.When they reach the get them to win the europen cup and the league and after accomplising this. Create a new user as scotland manager. Retire him and the The player will apply and most likley get the job and must then resign from their current club and take Scotland to win the World cup.

The managers Nationality must be Scotttish.Also if they are sacked allong the way they must thake over a club in the 3rd division and do it agian!What do you think?

does any one know how to find clubs reputation?

I know it's probably a long shot but what does anyone think of having an off-topic thread in here?

I've always been against it, since there is an off topic forum already, but having a look around it seems a few of the other sub forums already have them:

(ignoring the GD and the data/bugs forums)

Editors - no

Graphics - no

Tactics - yes

LLM - yes

GPTG - no (although they had it removed)

FM Online - yes

FM Stories - yes

Challenges - no

I know it's probably a long shot but what does anyone think of having an off-topic thread in here?

I've always been against it, since there is an off topic forum already, but having a look around it seems a few of the other sub forums already have them:

(ignoring the GD and the data/bugs forums)

Editors - no

Graphics - no

Tactics - yes

LLM - yes

GPTG - no (although they had it removed)

FM Online - yes

FM Stories - yes

Challenges - no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My only question (whilst understanding the concept) is what will be discussed?