Sports Interactive Community
aaberdeenn

Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

I'ts been a long time since my last posts here :)

Is the usual lot still roaming these halls?

I don't know if anyone still checks/uses this thread, but just in-case any of you who don't view the FMCU sub-forum and were part of the original, there are plans for a new version of Wallace v Roberts. Linky if you are interested.

I have an idea of a international equivalent of the pentagon challenges. Where you have to win 6 contintental plus the World Cup, would anyone play this

When the editor comes out we should make a Madron FC challenge:

http://devour.com/video/the-worst-football-team-in-britain/

With a load of crap players but maybe a really good youth academy? and see how far you can take them? There's definitely some fun to be had by trying to ultimately win the champions league with the worst football team in Britain!

I'd play that

When the editor comes out we should make a Madron FC challenge:

http://devour.com/video/the-worst-football-team-in-britain/

With a load of crap players but maybe a really good youth academy? and see how far you can take them? There's definitely some fun to be had by trying to ultimately win the champions league with the worst football team in Britain!

I'd definitely play that. They should make a manga or something out of it. Hahah.

Would anyone be interested in a Champions League type thing network game between people attempting or have completed Small club to big club challenges (e.g. Dafuge or Big Euro Challenge)

Would there be any interest in a top to bottom challenge? Or I might even possibly do it as a signup, thought it would need some more developing.

The basic premise is you holiday a year, then take control of a league champion and see if you can utterly ruin them without getting sacked. The end goal is to take the club out of the playable leagues. I think this would work best in England, but you could do it anywhere. The challenge comes from not just avoiding the sack, but also attempting it in the quickest time possible. Obviously it'll be all about managing expectations, perhaps gradually weakening the team to lower board expectations. The rules would be that you start off in charge of the reigning league champions, as an international footballer in reputation. Team switching is not allowed, but if you get sacked you'd be encouraged to holiday until the end of the season and then create a new manager to take over the most recent league champions. This way, as well as restarting the challenge you can see if your old team are able to continue their fall from grace or get rescued.

If ran as a sign up, I'd probably holiday a year, then take the top 10 teams in the EPL and let people design either their own Manager or (more likely) chairman. It would probably be a longer process in game years, but I could holiday through seasons which would make it quicker.

I'll create a thread with far more detail if there is enough interest in either of these ideas!

It's an interesting idea, and one I've thought about recently. It would be incredibly difficult to succeed though, potentially even impossible, but I'd love to see someone try!

I guess you'd have to try your best in all cup competitions, in the hope of keeping the board a little happier with your slump down the league(s). I wonder how far they'd allow you to drop in your first season if you won a treble of League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League.

It's an interesting idea, and one I've thought about recently. It would be incredibly difficult to succeed though, potentially even impossible, but I'd love to see someone try!

I guess you'd have to try your best in all cup competitions, in the hope of keeping the board a little happier with your slump down the league(s). I wonder how far they'd allow you to drop in your first season if you won a treble of League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League.

I did wonder whether it would be impossible. I also thought of another obstacle, which is the Club Stature bar. That's always going to be an issue once you've gone so far, probably placing you only a couple of bad results away from the sack at any time. If it was just about managing expectations season by season I think it'd be doable, but I'm wondering now whether this might work better as a sign-up/experiment. I don't think I'd get people to create a manager because they'd just apply for jobs and get sacked all the time, but perhaps a chairman would be viable. Again though, this might take too long for teams to really start failing.

I did wonder whether it would be impossible. I also thought of another obstacle, which is the Club Stature bar. That's always going to be an issue once you've gone so far, probably placing you only a couple of bad results away from the sack at any time. If it was just about managing expectations season by season I think it'd be doable, but I'm wondering now whether this might work better as a sign-up/experiment. I don't think I'd get people to create a manager because they'd just apply for jobs and get sacked all the time, but perhaps a chairman would be viable. Again though, this might take too long for teams to really start failing.

I think it's a good idea it could be points based. I don't think anyone would be able to complete it but you could get points for certain achievements e.g relegation

Not been around CSE for a couple of years but thinking of returning for a while and running another FMX-Factor.

FMX-Factor 2014?

Never completed FMX3 but the same guy won the first two versions.