Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

When the editor comes out we should make a Madron FC challenge:

http://devour.com/video/the-worst-football-team-in-britain/

With a load of crap players but maybe a really good youth academy? and see how far you can take them? There's definitely some fun to be had by trying to ultimately win the champions league with the worst football team in Britain!

• 4 months later...

With a load of crap players but maybe a really good youth academy? and see how far you can take them? There's definitely some fun to be had by trying to ultimately win the champions league with the worst football team in Britain!

I'd play that

I'd definitely play that. They should make a manga or something out of it. Hahah.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Would there be any interest in a top to bottom challenge? Or I might even possibly do it as a signup, thought it would need some more developing.

The basic premise is you holiday a year, then take control of a league champion and see if you can utterly ruin them without getting sacked. The end goal is to take the club out of the playable leagues. I think this would work best in England, but you could do it anywhere. The challenge comes from not just avoiding the sack, but also attempting it in the quickest time possible. Obviously it'll be all about managing expectations, perhaps gradually weakening the team to lower board expectations. The rules would be that you start off in charge of the reigning league champions, as an international footballer in reputation. Team switching is not allowed, but if you get sacked you'd be encouraged to holiday until the end of the season and then create a new manager to take over the most recent league champions. This way, as well as restarting the challenge you can see if your old team are able to continue their fall from grace or get rescued.

If ran as a sign up, I'd probably holiday a year, then take the top 10 teams in the EPL and let people design either their own Manager or (more likely) chairman. It would probably be a longer process in game years, but I could holiday through seasons which would make it quicker.

I'll create a thread with far more detail if there is enough interest in either of these ideas!

It's an interesting idea, and one I've thought about recently. It would be incredibly difficult to succeed though, potentially even impossible, but I'd love to see someone try!

I guess you'd have to try your best in all cup competitions, in the hope of keeping the board a little happier with your slump down the league(s). I wonder how far they'd allow you to drop in your first season if you won a treble of League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League.

It's an interesting idea, and one I've thought about recently. It would be incredibly difficult to succeed though, potentially even impossible, but I'd love to see someone try!

I guess you'd have to try your best in all cup competitions, in the hope of keeping the board a little happier with your slump down the league(s). I wonder how far they'd allow you to drop in your first season if you won a treble of League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League.

I did wonder whether it would be impossible. I also thought of another obstacle, which is the Club Stature bar. That's always going to be an issue once you've gone so far, probably placing you only a couple of bad results away from the sack at any time. If it was just about managing expectations season by season I think it'd be doable, but I'm wondering now whether this might work better as a sign-up/experiment. I don't think I'd get people to create a manager because they'd just apply for jobs and get sacked all the time, but perhaps a chairman would be viable. Again though, this might take too long for teams to really start failing.

I did wonder whether it would be impossible. I also thought of another obstacle, which is the Club Stature bar. That's always going to be an issue once you've gone so far, probably placing you only a couple of bad results away from the sack at any time. If it was just about managing expectations season by season I think it'd be doable, but I'm wondering now whether this might work better as a sign-up/experiment. I don't think I'd get people to create a manager because they'd just apply for jobs and get sacked all the time, but perhaps a chairman would be viable. Again though, this might take too long for teams to really start failing.

I think it's a good idea it could be points based. I don't think anyone would be able to complete it but you could get points for certain achievements e.g relegation

• 4 years later...

Thinking about starting up a new sign up, the Bakers Dozen is close to starting and usually striker sign ups are quite successful.

My idea of starting one is the following (please let me know your feedback, and hopefully we can between us all think of something that I can start up and run).

So........

My idea is a real rags to riches type sign up - with the idea that a player starts with a CA of -1 (Meaning an ingame CA of anything between 0-20). and a PA of -10 (170-200 can be the ultimate a player can develop in to). Everything will be random of the player from which foot etc...just see what happens to them.

The player can have ANY nationality (only one, and the player will already have chosen that Nation to play for) - the player will start off in ANY country and league (that the game has as standard) I will be running the game with every league and country loaded so it will be full of detail. The player will be attached to the chosen team of the person creating the player, the team HAS to be within the lowest playable league within the starting country.

Player can be of ANY position.

I like the idea of people being able to start where they want and also with whichever country they want to - and then just away we go.

Another idea is for the above, but all start at the same team and play for the same country - say someone like San Marino or Gibraltar?

I just dunno.....what do people think? Are these types of things a thing of the past? Too early as people are learning the current new edition?

On 09/11/2018 at 11:09, nastymiller said:

Thinking about starting up a new sign up, the Bakers Dozen is close to starting and usually striker sign ups are quite successful.

My idea of starting one is the following (please let me know your feedback, and hopefully we can between us all think of something that I can start up and run).

So........

My idea is a real rags to riches type sign up - with the idea that a player starts with a CA of -1 (Meaning an ingame CA of anything between 0-20). and a PA of -10 (170-200 can be the ultimate a player can develop in to). Everything will be random of the player from which foot etc...just see what happens to them.

The player can have ANY nationality (only one, and the player will already have chosen that Nation to play for) - the player will start off in ANY country and league (that the game has as standard) I will be running the game with every league and country loaded so it will be full of detail. The player will be attached to the chosen team of the person creating the player, the team HAS to be within the lowest playable league within the starting country.

Player can be of ANY position.

I like the idea of people being able to start where they want and also with whichever country they want to - and then just away we go.

Another idea is for the above, but all start at the same team and play for the same country - say someone like San Marino or Gibraltar?

I just dunno.....what do people think? Are these types of things a thing of the past? Too early as people are learning the current new edition?

I’m interested. Start a thread and more people will show interest 

• 1 year later...

I would like to bounce a new challenge idea of regulars in here and see if it makes sense.

In 2021 with the advent of Europa Challenge League (Euro Cup II in game) the smaller nations will be getting more lower tier European football. Except for one, Lichtenstein, with no domestic football only has a single European spot for Lichtenstein cup winner. This is currently a Europa League spot but will become Europa Challenge League spot starting 2021.

Withthis set-up I would like to challenge you all to make a Lichtenstein club win the Champions League. The only way to achieve this is to win Europa Challenge League, then Europa League the next season, then finally Champions League in third season. Failure at any point would throw you back to square one.

There is only one club, Vaduz, in second Swiss division that's eligible for the challenge out of the box. There are at least a team eligible in this challenge in each of the 4-8th Swiss tiers, I expect them to open up as the expanded leagues appear in the workshop.

Let me know what you think of this

On 17/11/2019 at 08:47, rodesire said:

I would like to bounce a new challenge idea of regulars in here and see if it makes sense.

In 2021 with the advent of Europa Challenge League (Euro Cup II in game) the smaller nations will be getting more lower tier European football. Except for one, Lichtenstein, with no domestic football only has a single European spot for Lichtenstein cup winner. This is currently a Europa League spot but will become Europa Challenge League spot starting 2021.

Withthis set-up I would like to challenge you all to make a Lichtenstein club win the Champions League. The only way to achieve this is to win Europa Challenge League, then Europa League the next season, then finally Champions League in third season. Failure at any point would throw you back to square one.

There is only one club, Vaduz, in second Swiss division that's eligible for the challenge out of the box. There are at least a team eligible in this challenge in each of the 4-8th Swiss tiers, I expect them to open up as the expanded leagues appear in the workshop.

I like it.  It sounds insanely hard but that's what these challenges are all about

On 17/11/2019 at 09:47, rodesire said:

What happens if Vaduz wins the Swiss Premier League?

On 19/11/2019 at 09:19, TheEarl said:

What happens if Vaduz wins the Swiss Premier League?

Liechtenstein clubs are hard-coded to be ineligible for Swiss European spots.

Edited by rodesire

I've reloaded a few times trying to get Eschen/Mauren to the third level but without any luck.

I was considering playing the Youth Academy Challenge with them, but only the 2nd tier is playable, so they'll need at least two promotions, and that's even harder...

• 1 month later...

From a topic title in the FMCU forum 'FM20: Devotion to Promotion', I got thinking about what it could/should mean in my head. This are some of my ideas. Sorry if this has been done before, as I've never did any of the challenges for FM! (Only read briefly on some topic)

(The aforementioned above thread turned out to be a combo of dafuge+British Irish steel challenge)

When I saw that topic title, I had imagine it to be a save where after taking a club to the highest division/league, the manager will then leave straight away for another club needing a promotion (it can be from the lowest division or the next one down from the highest league (2nd division) or basically any division available in any other country), as long as there's a chance for promotion in play.

So, by repeating this, the manager will never get a chance to even play a season in the highest league division and unlikely to play in continental competition as well (unless qualification is obtained through winning a cup competition).

That's what 'Devotion to Promotion' sounded in my head anyway :seagull::lol:

That said, it does sounds fun in my head also! :D

Could be a new challenge and see how many successful promotions can be done in a career save? Extra points each season if the teams that you left doesn't get relegated without you (means you had care and left it in the best possible situation, whereas say one season promotion might be quick but will it be sufficient to not get relegated without you continuing the job?).

Highest achievement (Promotion Master) could be winning a Cup > Europe League qualification > Europa League winner > Champions League qualification with a 2nd division club or lower? (And something similar for other continents competitions, if any).

If you're still below the highest league + didn't get promoted but somehow manage to get into the Champions League, I guess you can continue to play in Europe with that club for its next season? Not sure on this. Or you have to leave regardless if you qualified for the CL?

You can always come back and manage your previous club that got relegated from the highest league without you (if they offered or accepted your job application again).

If you're relegated with a club below the highest league, you can stay and try to get it promoted again (if you're not sacked!).

Or any relegation is the endgame for the challenge? :rolleyes:

Thoughts?

• 9 months later...

I am considering the idea of expanding the 'European Small Club to Big Club Challenge' for FM21 to a 'Global (less England obviously as we have a successful thread for that) Small Club to Big Club Challenge.  Previous versions of the game had other threads for different continents (South America in particular) but there wasn't one for FM20.  I am wondering whether there would be interest in expanding the challenge to cover those countries not currently falling under a thread?

Obviously there are countries with no relegation from the bottom divisions and I am not sure of the set-up of some nations but if there is sufficient interest i will look into it in advance of FM21.  I have enjoyed playing in South America before and am gauging interest in this idea.

7 minutes ago, rlipscombe said:

I am considering the idea of expanding the 'European Small Club to Big Club Challenge' for FM21 to a 'Global (less England obviously as we have a successful thread for that) Small Club to Big Club Challenge.  Previous versions of the game had other threads for different continents (South America in particular) but there wasn't one for FM20.  I am wondering whether there would be interest in expanding the challenge to cover those countries not currently falling under a thread?

Obviously there are countries with no relegation from the bottom divisions and I am not sure of the set-up of some nations but if there is sufficient interest i will look into it in advance of FM21.  I have enjoyed playing in South America before and am gauging interest in this idea.

I am finally getting back into FM next year and would certainly give Brazil a go if you expanded the challenge. It does give people that like to play outside of Europe a chance to join an active thread, so I think it is a good idea.

Off the top of my head the tricky countries to decide whether and how to include would be US, Australia and Singapore (+South Korea with no relegation from second tier) - I think in past threads you picked the team that finished last the prior season.

43 minutes ago, corinthiano said:

I am finally getting back into FM next year and would certainly give Brazil a go if you expanded the challenge. It does give people that like to play outside of Europe a chance to join an active thread, so I think it is a good idea.

Off the top of my head the tricky countries to decide whether and how to include would be US, Australia and Singapore (+South Korea with no relegation from second tier) - I think in past threads you picked the team that finished last the prior season.

Yes that is what I was thinking.  Europe is great with the familiarity of the countries but exploring deep into South America, or in Asia might be interesting for some.  It would be interesting to see how those countries compare as a challenge compared to Europe. 

4 hours ago, corinthiano said:

There are also some countries where there is no direct qualification into the respective Champions League (Malaysia comes to mind and is certainly not the only one). While this doesn't make the challenge impossible, it probably makes it harder for those nations than it is in even the smallest of European countries.

47 minutes ago, Biscotti said:

There are also some countries where there is no direct qualification into the respective Champions League (Malaysia comes to mind and is certainly not the only one). While this doesn't make the challenge impossible, it probably makes it harder for those nations than it is in even the smallest of European countries.

Ok - Obviously it is an idea at the moment and I haven't looked into all of the detail as yet.  I appreciate that it may require some tweaking for some countries.

54 minutes ago, Biscotti said:

Good point, so probably Hong Kong / Singapore would be super difficult to do it with. I think qualification to the competitions are dynamic now though so it is doable but you would need to do well in the AFC Cup for a few seasons before even getting to the CL.

Would be a good challenge if that is case!

• 5 weeks later...

This might be an old idea but has anyone done a journeyman challenge but where you are confined to a single city? Start unemployed and work your way up the ladder of clubs in London, for instance. The No-Journey challenge.

Edited by McBride

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2020 at 18:15, McBride said:

This might be an old idea but has anyone done a journeyman challenge but where you are confined to a single city? Start unemployed and work your way up the ladder of clubs in London, for instance. The No-Journey challenge.

I've seen a couple threads in career forum but cannot find them off the top of my head.

• 3 years later...

I have an idea for a challenge and wanted to get some feedback before posting. I'm going to do this challenge anyway myself, but I enjoy posting and reading other people try challenges, so would like to do it here. 

I've been looking for this challenge on the forum but can't find what I'm looking for. There are some that come close and this challenge is heavily influenced by other challenges. The closest one I can find to this challenge is - link. However, these threads seem dead, they only seem to include the main databases and the challenges are divded into different continents.

The challenge would be called Build an Obscure Nation - Club/Country Challenge. 

This is based on:

- I really like building up small clubs - like  the Dafuge challenge

- I really like managing in smaller countries - like the San Marino challenge

- I'd ideally like to do the Global Small Club to Big Club Challenge, but this one doesn't allow additional databases, and I really want to take an obscure nation

The challenge would look something like (more details would obviously follow)

- Choose a nation outside the top 150 of the current Fifa Rankings - link. You will need to install additional databases. 

- Choose a previously unplayable team from this nation (as per Youth Academy/Dafuge)

- Aim for success at both club and country.

There are 10 criteria that need to be complete to finish the challenge

Club

- Win the top flight league of that country

- Win the main cup

- Win the champions league of that continent

- Win the Super Cup (or continental equivalent)

- Have the most reputable league in the continent

- Be top of the continent coefficients

- To add

- To add

Country

- Qualify for the knock out stage of the continental championships (e.g. Euros)

- Qualify for the knock out stage of the World Cup

I've made it mostly club based challenges as I'm not a big fan of international management. Also, I've not made it to win the World Cup as again I'm not a big fan of international management. Also, you only have 1 chance every 4 years. But I may change this.

Any fedback would be most welcome, especially around the 10 criteria. My current idea is to start with Bhutan, but I'm going to load a few databases and see what's what before deciding.

Edited by leyrtj

3 hours ago, leyrtj said:

I have an idea for a challenge and wanted to get some feedback before posting. I'm going to do this challenge anyway myself, but I enjoy posting and reading other people try challenges, so would like to do it here. 

I've been looking for this challenge on the forum but can't find what I'm looking for. There are some that come close and this challenge is heavily influenced by other challenges. The closest one I can find to this challenge is - link. However, these threads seem dead, they only seem to include the main databases and the challenges are divded into different continents.

The challenge would be called Build an Obscure Nation - Club/Country Challenge. 

This is based on:

- I really like building up small clubs - like  the Dafuge challenge

- I really like managing in smaller countries - like the San Marino challenge

- I'd ideally like to do the Global Small Club to Big Club Challenge, but this one doesn't allow additional databases, and I really want to take an obscure nation

The challenge would look something like (more details would obviously follow)

- Choose a nation outside the top 150 of the current Fifa Rankings - link. You will need to install additional databases. 

- Choose a previously unplayable team from this nation (as per Youth Academy/Dafuge)

- Aim for success at both club and country.

There are 10 criteria that need to be complete to finish the challenge

Club

- Win the top flight league of that country

- Win the main cup

- Win the champions league of that continent

- Win the Super Cup (or continental equivalent)

- Have the most reputable league in the continent

- Be top of the continent coefficients

- To add

- To add

Country

- Qualify for the knock out stage of the continental championships (e.g. Euros)

- Qualify for the knock out stage of the World Cup

I've made it mostly club based challenges as I'm not a big fan of international management. Also, I've not made it to win the World Cup as again I'm not a big fan of international management. Also, you only have 1 chance every 4 years. But I may change this.

Any fedback would be most welcome, especially around the 10 criteria. My current idea is to start with Bhutan, but I'm going to load a few databases and see what's what before deciding.

I think you have contradicted yourself here. I don't think you meant it as it come across but the first sentence you then said the opposite in the next sentence I have put in bold. 

Just pointing it out as it confused me a bit and it might confuse others.

59 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I think you have contradicted yourself here. I don't think you meant it as it come across but the first sentence you then said the opposite in the next sentence I have put in bold. 

Just pointing it out as it confused me a bit and it might confuse others.

Thanks for that. I see what you mean. I wanted to say that for this challenge you almost definitely need to add additional databases. There's another challenge on here (called the Global Small Club to Big Club) that doesn't allow extra databases. In the opening post I'll make it clearer.

Thanks again.

23 minutes ago, leyrtj said:

Thanks for that. I see what you mean. I wanted to say that for this challenge you almost definitely need to add additional databases. There's another challenge on here (called the Global Small Club to Big Club) that doesn't allow extra databases. In the opening post I'll make it clearer.

Thanks again.

Yeah sorry maybe it was me that misread it and got confused. Now you have explained it more I understand what you were trying to say.