Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

MikaelS, I think they are automatically created when the game loads up, so I don't think you need to worry about setting one up for your team. Just test this theory and see what happens, worst thing tha can happen is that you have to go back and create the teams.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MikaelS, I think they are automatically created when the game loads up, so I don't think you need to worry about setting one up for your team. Just test this theory and see what happens, worst thing tha can happen is that you have to go back and create the teams.

True! I just hate doing unnecessary work :)

I'll leave it alone and test it without at first.

Thanks! :thup:

I've just done some testing on the database and some things bug my eye:

1. I set the CA/PA on staff members (board + Ass Man etc) to 0 and 0 and after looking at it in frmte I can see they are ridiculous low. Any recommendations on what to set these to? I have set these guys:

- 1 Chairman

- 1 Managing Director

- 3 Directors

- 1 Ass Man

2. The regen players made have all Danish names except for the grey ones that have more Icelandic/Faroe Island names. Any idea how I can get all players to have what the grey ones have?

3. I noticed that the board will allow me to scout in UK & Ireland and France. How can I make my new nation available for scouts?

1. I'd set the staff at the following PA's Mikael:

Chairman - 130ish

MD - 110ish

Directors - 100ish

Ass Man - 120ish

2. Is the club based in an area with high population of Icelandic/Faroe Island people, or in an area where the languages from these 2 countries are spoken? If not, i've got no clue whatsoever :confused:

3. Higher reputation might help :)

1. I'd set the staff at the following PA's Mikael:

Chairman - 130ish

MD - 110ish

Directors - 100ish

Ass Man - 120ish

Sounds good. Not to much a super guy but not a crappy one either :)

2. Is the club based in an area with high population of Icelandic/Faroe Island people, or in an area where the languages from these 2 countries are spoken? If not, i've got no clue whatsoever :confused:

Hm well I've set the nation in Scandiavia... Aah wait. I have to set the club to another nation than England.. I think :)

3. Higher reputation might help :)

Aah right. I remember getting more countries when progressing through the leagues.

I was on the FMS forum and reading their community stories over there and I had an idea to create something on CSE that does a similar thing to get all the CSE regulars into a sort of story type sign up thing - but a little bit of a different feel to it. Instead of you creating a player in-depth, you just give me some random facts about yourselves (i.e. likes and dislikes, phobias, just random stuff) that could be used in a story that runs from FM ... so it'd be a signup but not really a sign-up if you catch my drift. It'd be able to be all light-hearted and 'interactive' ... Any thoughts?

I was on the FMS forum and reading their community stories over there and I had an idea to create something on CSE that does a similar thing to get all the CSE regulars into a sort of story type sign up thing - but a little bit of a different feel to it. Instead of you creating a player in-depth, you just give me some random facts about yourselves (i.e. likes and dislikes, phobias, just random stuff) that could be used in a story that runs from FM ... so it'd be a signup but not really a sign-up if you catch my drift. It'd be able to be all light-hearted and 'interactive' ... Any thoughts?

Sounds like a great idea :thup:

I spoke to Paul and am thinking of making a Destination Asia (based on the same principles and plenty of banter) in the not to near future. What would the interest be like??

You got me Pluck, I'm in for a Destination Asia :) Which three leagues would we get our teams from A-League, China & Hong-Kong? :)

That's what I was trying to decide between as it would be a little harder to seperate the "top" teams in Asia than it is in Europe. Also with the different season timings. I'm sure I'll find a way though.

Yeah the different timings of the season might not help, but maybe after you have assigned the teams you could just holiday an entire calendar year and just match up first game of season for each team as week 1, even though one could be in June and one in December? Just an idea :)

You could 're-create' 3 Asian divisions in the editor, just editor their league so it's played during the European calendar. I don't think it would take you very long, I did the same thing with mine so that there wasn't any Fa Cup/League Cup games.

This sounds like a great idea, also means you can make sure they all have the same number of games as well, and the games are all on the same day of the week :)

After much deliberation and a little bit of encouragement from PluckaDuck I've decided to re-create my F1 sign-up for this year. There will be some minor changes but everything is pretty much the same. I'll get the thread up someone in the next couple of days, I'm offering anyone who took part in the first one the chance to reserve a spot if they don't think they'll be around to get in or just simply don't want to miss out on what's bound to be an awesome sign-up ;) Just drop me a PM.

EDIT: A link to the original for those who have no idea what I'm talking about.

So guys, I've been thinking of getting my feet wet here by acutally putting on a sign-up and it's an idea that might come outta left field. As very few of you know, I am a very big fan of professiona wrestling and I got a crazy idea in my head. Basically it's called "Be The Man".

Ric Flair holds the record in America with the most world title wins with 16. This will be the football equvilent. I will create 16 forum users and place them on free deals in Europe to go to whomever signs them. All players will be age of 23, which is when Flair made his debut, so they will only be in the game world for around a decade.

Now, onto the scoring mechanism. Flair always said that to be the man, you gotta beat the man, so the quest will be for our players to rack up 17 total points on a scale that I have created for this.

League Team of The Year: 1 point

World Team of the Year: 2 points

League Player of the Year: 1 Point

World Player of the Year: 3 Point

If you have earned more than 17 points, congrats, you beat the man, but did you beat your opponents. The player with the most points at the time everyone retires will be crowned the champion.

I know it seems out there, but does anyone think that I could get some interest for this?

Perhaps the hardest challenge possible would be downloading a custom made league for Papua New Guinea and taking them to World Cup glory.

They start as the worst ranked team in the world, or around Sao Tome & Principe anyway, and they are an absolute nightmare to manage. I even challenged all other nations near me to friendlies, and got hammered - we lost 4-0 to Sao Tome, and hardly won a game. Out of 16 games in management, I had 15 losses, and one 1-1 draw against the Cook Islands.

Taking Papua New Guinea to the World Cup would be a ridiculous challenge on its own. The only way I feel you could do this is to take over a league team, develop their reputation by winning many matches, and improving youth facilities to provide better regens for PNG. This would take a massive amount of time.. but if you could actually get PNG anywhere, it would be incredible. I would expect it would be still a minimum of 20-30 years before Papua New Guinea could be able to beat anybody in the top 100, though, such is the magnitude of this challenge.

Any takers? :D

So guys, I've been thinking of getting my feet wet here by acutally putting on a sign-up and it's an idea that might come outta left field. As very few of you know, I am a very big fan of professiona wrestling and I got a crazy idea in my head. Basically it's called "Be The Man".

Ric Flair holds the record in America with the most world title wins with 16. This will be the football equvilent. I will create 16 forum users and place them on free deals in Europe to go to whomever signs them. All players will be age of 23, which is when Flair made his debut, so they will only be in the game world for around a decade.

Now, onto the scoring mechanism. Flair always said that to be the man, you gotta beat the man, so the quest will be for our players to rack up 17 total points on a scale that I have created for this.

If you have earned more than 17 points, congrats, you beat the man, but did you beat your opponents. The player with the most points at the time everyone retires will be crowned the champion.

I know it seems out there, but does anyone think that I could get some interest for this?

Sounds good Bergtaur. I'd be up for this

Sounds good Bergtaur. I'd be up for this

Do you have any ideas as far as the scoring mechanism? The reason everything is stacked te way it is is that it might be hard to make a world team of the year or win world player of the year while the players who are still there will be hard. I think it's fair, but if it can be improved I'd love for it to happen. I will be running this on FM09, because I'm really cheap and am waiting for the final patch.

Like it. I considered a WWE / FM tie up once but never got round to it.

But didn't you know? John Cena is the man. Or at least that's what folk want us to believe!

well, here's the thing, if someone links me the 2009 version of the Real-Time editor, I could conceivably create a wrestling based sign-up revolving around along of careers in the manner of a FMX Factor. Add challenges like a Streak challenge, some kind of faction, some other stuff. Then do eliminations until the final 2 people meet in a 'match' at Footballmania!

well, here's the thing, if someone links me the 2009 version of the Real-Time editor, I could conceivably create a wrestling based sign-up revolving around along of careers in the manner of a FMX Factor. Add challenges like a Streak challenge, some kind of faction, some other stuff. Then do eliminations until the final 2 people meet in a 'match' at Footballmania!

Sounds very, very good!

Someone link him the FMRTE someone!

I had an idea for a "Wrestling" sign up that I never got round to doing.

Basically I'd create a league system (not sure about which Nation) but there would be 6 teams in the top division, this division would act as the 'Main Eventers'. Each team would play each other three times over the course of the season, with the overall winner at the end becoming the "Champion". At the end of the season the lowest two teams would be relegated.

The division below would be the "Mid Carders", there would be 16 teams in this division. They would play each other twice over the course of the season, with the highest team being automatically promoted and the winner of a play-off between 2nd and 9th (if that's possible, if not then 2nd-5th) effectively acting as the 'Money in the Bank' match. A total of 4 teams would be relegated to the bottom division.

The bottom division would be the "Jobbers". In this division there would be 10 teams, who play each other 3 times. The top 3 teams would go up automatically, there would be a playoff between 4th-7th to decide on the final promoted team.

There would be two cup competitions.

The first would be the "Royal Rumble". The competition would start with 1 group of 32 (if this is possible, I am unsure). They'd play each other once, with the four highest teams going through to a semi final. The semi finals would both be one game at a neutral venue, the same as the final.

The second would be the "King of the Ring". This would be straight knock-out style with all 32 teams entering at the same time. The winner would be the last man standing at the end.

There's a few things that I never got round to sorting out like which Nation it would be based in, prize money, how the teams would be decided etc. One idea I had was for the teams "style" to represent the kind of wrestler they would be, so if it was a powerhouse they'd have lots of big men good at tackling etc. If they were a high flyer they would have lots of pacy, skillful players etc. If they were a technical wrestler they'd have lots of very good technical players.

I had an idea for a "Wrestling" sign up that I never got round to doing.

Basically I'd create a league system (not sure about which Nation) but there would be 6 teams in the top division, this division would act as the 'Main Eventers'. Each team would play each other three times over the course of the season, with the overall winner at the end becoming the "Champion". At the end of the season the lowest two teams would be relegated.

The division below would be the "Mid Carders", there would be 16 teams in this division. They would play each other twice over the course of the season, with the highest team being automatically promoted and the winner of a play-off between 2nd and 9th (if that's possible, if not then 2nd-5th) effectively acting as the 'Money in the Bank' match. A total of 4 teams would be relegated to the bottom division.

The bottom division would be the "Jobbers". In this division there would be 10 teams, who play each other 3 times. The top 3 teams would go up automatically, there would be a playoff between 4th-7th to decide on the final promoted team.

There would be two cup competitions.

The first would be the "Royal Rumble". The competition would start with 1 group of 32 (if this is possible, I am unsure). They'd play each other once, with the four highest teams going through to a semi final. The semi finals would both be one game at a neutral venue, the same as the final.

The second would be the "King of the Ring". This would be straight knock-out style with all 32 teams entering at the same time. The winner would be the last man standing at the end.

There's a few things that I never got round to sorting out like which Nation it would be based in, prize money, how the teams would be decided etc. One idea I had was for the teams "style" to represent the kind of wrestler they would be, so if it was a powerhouse they'd have lots of big men good at tackling etc. If they were a high flyer they would have lots of pacy, skillful players etc. If they were a technical wrestler they'd have lots of very good technical players.

Those are the kind of ideas I'm looking for. A Royal Rumble might be harder, but KotR is doable as are some other ideas. I've also got some cool ideas when it comes to developing the sign-up for characteristics that kind of borrows from FMX, but will tie into wrestling. I'll probably open it up to 20, with the possibility to go to around 30 if interest is what I think it could be. Split evenly among faces and heels. If I get an editor soon I can try to get it up by the weekend, but I can't be certain on that. It's a tough and time consuming process so I'll do my best. It's a big goal for my first sign-up but if it's done correctly I'll really enjoy it.

I've got an idea I'd maybe like to take up.

My basic format would be based on that fairly naff TV Show Coach Trip. However, it would definitely be an iteresting format to try.

Basically, it would be made up of challenges. At first, we'd start off with a fairly easy challenge close to home i.e get Chelsea into a Champions League spot by October

However, as we progress into the deeper realms of Europe and the players knowledge of the countries involved decreases and the challenges get harder, more would begin to struggle.

After each challenge, the person who did the worst would be kicked off and anyone who failed to succeed in the challenge would get a yellow card.

My two main issues with this are:

1. My knowledge of the show is very little

2. I don't know if I could keep up the challenges.

If anyone feels like they could commit more time than me, please take inspiration!

I've just started a game on my World League database where I am managing one big team (Man City) and one very small team (Eleven Men who are from Swaziland). I figured Man City by themselves would get boring, and the challenge of trying to turn a tiny team such as Eleven Men into world beaters is a bit too hardcore for me, so I thought I would combine the two to keep me interested.

So I thought, why not make this into a challenge for any of the community to take part in? My plan is a sort of David and Goliath challenge, where you take one team from any of the top 4 World tiers (16 teams in each, so any one of 48 teams) and one team from tier 9 or 10 (each with 15 sub-divisions of 16 teams, so a choice of 480 teams), ideally one from a different continent to that of your big team and a true minnow of World football.

It's not totally unique, taking some parts from the various 'Small to Big' challenges and some element of GCB's 'Gang of Four' challenge, but this will be quite a light-hearted combination of those with not many rules as such, just a fun challenge where people can get to manage teams from pretty much anywhere in the world but still retaining the chance to manage their favourite big club.

Anyone fancy a go at this?

Here's my idea, which is my first idea for a sign-up i think. So here goes; The Rivals. This is a sign-up where people obviously sign-up and they get paired with someone is the same position then they battle it out to get the best stats basically which turns into points. Along with this they also get put into opposite teams that are rivals so for example; Man Utd vs Man City or Inter Milan vs AC Milan and also gain points on how well they do in these games. So what do you think?