Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

I've always been fond of managing a non-league team, even to the extent where in Cm01/02, I went on the editor and swapped all the league teams for non-league teams...

So fast forward to FM09 where I have swapped every team in the premiership to blue square south with non league teams... it's quite difficult in the blue square south with a wage budget of £25 p/w...

So here's the link, and let me know if I should make a thread for it...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?clyygijgnkm

Thanks

Matt

"The South African Draft with REAL Money"

I will be needing 32 (I know it's alot!) people for this sign-up. Basically, it's taking over the 1st and 2nd division in South Africa and for forum users to create 32 teams to play in the league.

First thing would be to give points (not sure how yet), and the highest scorer would get to name the top league. 2nd highest the 1st division, 3rd the next competition and so on.

These points will also determine whose teams will enter the African continental competitions.

Second, they need to name and create a team as normal. Each club would be given a high reputation (as the leagues have a high reputation), a large stadium, plenty of cash etc etc.

Each team would have a formation of 4-4-2.

Thirdly, a secret bid would take place. Each player would be given 100,000 points, to split between GK, defence, midfield and attack. The highest bidder in attack, would be given the two best CA ST/FC, the 2nd highest the 3rd and 4th etc. All players picked would be set to love the club they have been picked for, and the manager etc. Then as backups to the team, the highest bidder would get the 65th and 66th highest (to make 4 strikers). For midfield, the person who bid highest would get the best ML, MR, MC(AMC) and MC(DMC) players.

When each team has 23 players (3 GK, 8 defence, 8 midfield and 4 attack), the league would be run until halfway, with a full update on the status of both leagues, and players in each team. At this point, you will be given your teams game budget, to spend on players in the forum. You can PM, or make public bids - probably 72 hours will be given from the update and I will make the changes in the game. Then at the end of the season, with one game to go (just like the Role Models sign up) I will do a commentating update on the final game, confirming champions, and relegated and cup competitions.

As a final twist, the teams that are relegated from the 1st division (so they wont be playing in the next season) will have all their players released to the rest of the division, but might come back up (depending on the game letting them!).

At the end of the season - each manager will be allowed to put 5 players on the "transfer list" - which other teams can bid for with in game money (as mentioned before). These players will be transferred by me 1 day before the season starts so they dont move during the summer on their own!

Please let me know soon(ish) as I will need to get cracking on my test DB - also if you have any ideas let me know.

A quick couple of questions about the editor if anyone can help - Is there anyway to quickly delete all players from a team or nation, or do you have to do it one by one?

And is there a way to delete records (most goals, biggest win etc) from clubs' and nations' history pages?

dafuge - did you ever do a CSE Awards last year? If so, are you planning on bringing it back this year? It was suggested around this time IIRC.

page 6 of this thread has the first thoughts I think :thup:

Birdy has run the last 2. couple of pages back it was discussed, think canvey!! is running it with help of a few other people this year, it's normally in the summer I think

dafuge - did you ever do a CSE Awards last year? If so, are you planning on bringing it back this year? It was suggested around this time IIRC.

page 6 of this thread has the first thoughts I think :thup:

I've never run them, but I do usually have an input into the running of them.

There will be an annual awards to take place towards the end of the summer, to coincide with the build up to the demo of the new game.

]I've never run them[/b]' date=' but I do usually have an input into the running of them.

There will be an annual awards to take place towards the end of the summer, to coincide with the build up to the demo of the new game.[/quote']

Laziness! :D

Awards are always very good :thup:

Launch of premier league

Go back to 1992 when the premiership launched and teddy got the first goal in front of the cameras. re-create database and even put in todays players i.e. a 6 year old wayne rooney and basically acheive better than sir Alex at man u i.e. win 12+ prem titles, at least 3 european cups (maybe 4) etc etc.

Staying incharge will be some acheivement aswell.

Launch of premier league

Go back to 1992 when the premiership launched and teddy got the first goal in front of the cameras. re-create database and even put in todays players i.e. a 6 year old wayne rooney and basically acheive better than sir Alex at man u i.e. win 12+ prem titles, at least 3 european cups (maybe 4) etc etc.

Staying incharge will be some acheivement aswell.

That will take a hell of a lotta work, how will you decide on players' stats? Also I don't believe that the game will let you put Wayne Rooney as being 6, and will increase his age to around 14, or so I believe.

But if you can pull it off fair play :thup:

I'm not sure of the number of teams in a league can be edited either, I think there were 22 teams in the Premiership back then.

Yes, Deane got the first although I think Teddy got the first televised goal (a bit of a Sky gimmick).

Hi everybody,

I'd like to share my idea for an AI Experiment.

The Goal - The goal of the experiment is to explore the effects of running a game on Full Detail. The experiment will create multiple versions of the same save, with a different number of games in the EPL run on Full Detail. The saves will all have a certain amount of results in common with each other, and I will report, and compare and contrast, the differences in the results of each save.

The Set-Up - I'll run this experiment on FM08, 8.02. A database will be created with the English Premier League and the Coca-Cola Championship leagues running. This will be called Database A. I will immediately create a copy of this database, and call it Control.

In both Database A and Control, the Under 18s and Reserves competitions will run without Full Detail. The FA Cup, The Carling Cup, and The Championship will all be run at Full Detail. In Control, the EPL will run at Full Detail, while in Database A, it will not.

The Experiment - Both files will be holidayed 6 games into the EPL season, to the point where as many teams as possible have played 6 games, but no team has played 7. At this point, I will report on the status of Database A only. (I will not report on Control until the very end.) Both databases will be saved, and then I will create a copy of Database A, which will be called Database B. In Database B, the EPL will have Full Detail changed to on. After 6 games, Database A and B will have identical standings in all competitions.

The three databases will all be holidayed another 8 games into the EPL season, to the point where as many teams as possible have played 14 games, but no team has played 15. I will report on Databases A and B, and see what sort of differences have developed with one database having played 8 games with full detail and 6 without, and the other having played all 14 games without. At this point, another copy of Database A will be created. This will be called Database C, and it will also have Full Detail changed to on. The experiment will continue on as above.

At the conclusion of the experiment, there will be six databases, each with a different number of EPL games run at the Full Detail level.

Control - all 38 games played on Full Detail.

A - no games played on Full Detail.

B - 6 games identical to Database A, 32 games played on Full Detail.

C - 14 games identical to Database A, 24 games played on Full Detail.

D - 22 games identical to Database A, 16 games played on Full Detail.

E - 30 games identical to Database A, 8 games played on Full Detail.

At each point where I create a new save, I will report on each save, and some of the key differences that have come up.

I understand that the random nature of the AI will have a significant impact on the results. In fact, I could probably do the exact same experiment never changing the Full Detail option and come up with six completely different results. But like any good experiment, you need to be able to exert control over some element in order to create an environment for different results, and this is a lot easier to manipulate than the habits of the AI.

Thoughts, comments, criticisms welcome. This is my first go at this, so if I've missed something, or there's something you'd like to see included, please let me know.

I'm not sure of the number of teams in a league can be edited either, I think there were 22 teams in the Premiership back then.

Yes, Deane got the first although I think Teddy got the first televised goal (a bit of a Sky gimmick).

I can confirm that Deano got the first Premiership goal because I saw it! Sheringham got the first on SKY for Notts Forest.

I've got a sign-up idea, and I was hoping for some help...

Basically I want to see if anyone can "recreate" Lev Yashin arguably the best and most legendary goalkeeper in the history of football :)

I imagine creating about 10 players in certain selected clubs in Russia and Ukraine (possibly some other eastern european countries). Starting at 21 or 22 years old with CA about 175 and PA about 190-197. I'm too young to have seen Lev myself, but after reading up on him he's obviously have certain attributes pre-set to 19/20 and then people could select a certain number of attributes to 17/18.

I need some help though... I could do the actual sign-up thread and create the database, but I'd need someone else to run the game thread and the actual FM09 game as I don't realistically have enough computer time myself. All it would involve is a holiday game and writing updates in the game thread...

Would anyone be interested? :thup:

im in the process of making a DB for myself, and i thought i would open it up as a sign up.

the idea: the martians have landed and taken control of Gateshead in the BSN. the have murdered all the players there. realising they need players to play for them, they have brainwashed 28 of the (in my opinion) best footballing talents in the world to play for them. they will be given new names. the martians have a lot of backing (hopefully, if i got it correct), so the players will stay for a while. as they are brainwashed, they love the club.

can the martians actually win the champions league? however, the martians are slightly allergic to our level of sunlight, meaning they only have 10 seasons to complete their challenge. not all of their samples will last that long, so they also have full youth academy/facilities to replace any that fall.

where the sign up player comes in: all i need is a name for your player. i will post a list of positions with short descriptions of the players as i see them.

any good? i'll finish the DB and see if there is any interest

with martians i can get away with taking the best players in the world and renaming them, since they can obviously brain wash them :p. i really have no idea, its just what i threw together whilst i was waiting for the editor to load

with martians i can get away with taking the best players in the world and renaming them, since they can obviously brain wash them :p. i really have no idea, its just what i threw together whilst i was waiting for the editor to load

It could be said that it is a new 'tool' that a rich tycoon has pumped loads of money into researching and developing to brainwash the players. Some kind of evil genius perhaps?

Evil Genius? sounds good. i shall have to come up with something menacing for a name.

Good luck with that :D

Another thing to add could be something like him building/locating his new 'evil lair' in Gateshead or something. Just a couple of quick thoughts I had. :thup:

mad Doctor Heinrick von Gummi-Bahren has been banished from Germany for making a mind control device. he has come to England (how he got it through customs i dont know) and made a not so secret lair near Newcastle. he has taken over a small football club, and whilst testing his new toy, managed to kill all of the players at the club whilst fine tuning it. realising he needs players, he has used his device to brain wash 28 of the brightest stars in world football. they answer to his every command, although he has managed to retain most of their personalities and abilities. they all have no idea who they really are. their clubs all believe they have gone AWOL to a big party on Svalbard, which is a cunning decoy.

Heinrick's aim: to win the Champion's league within 10 seasons, and to keep all of his minions under his control for as long as they are players. he has used his device to gain millions (he hopes) of pounds to keep his club afloat. with that he has build what he believes to be a 150,000 seat stadium, full training facilities and full youth academy/facilities.

where the sign up is involved: i will post a list of positions, with a short description of the player, and all i need from people is a new name for the player, and a position they want.

notes: Heinrick is mad, some of this may not work (namely the cash and the stadium, but in the spirit of things, i wont test it. :D )

Well, I am going well with my first sign-up, the FMX-Factor, and have had loads of positive feedback from those involved. It's now a case of playing it through and reporting on the eliminations and stuff. Thanks for the advice I was given on here, it really helped.

Anyway, I have another sign-up idea that I want to suggest for advice. Although I won't be officially starting it until the Summer when the FMX-Factor inaugural champion has been decided, I want to get started on the setting up as I think it might take a while.

Basically, I was watching the WWE the other day (I'm not a huge fan but I do find it mildly entertaining when there's nothing else to watch!) and I thought that it could be a basis for a FM sign-up.

What I am thinking is:

- 20 CSE members to take charge of a club in the Premiership (reputations set to equal, details decided by the CSE members) and rename their club. The team to be replaced will be drafted as the backroom staff and chairman could be a positive impact on the sign-up.

- A draft using the best first elevens from the current Premiership teams (based on 442 formation) so that each CSE member is given eleven players for a 442 formation. A manager draft will also be used as well as further player drafts involving promising football league and European players.

- The aim will be to be a champion - like the WWE. We'll have a World Champion and an Intercontinental Champion but these will be determined using FM. Different types of matches will be used - sometimes the winner will be decided by highest position, best aggregate scores, best cup performances etc ... Others will be able to challenge each other in order to try and move themselves up the rankings in order to get into a better position for a title shot.

- Players will be able to be traded on the thread so that underperforming teams can improve with skill and good decision making. They will also be able to select formations etc ...

Any comments?

Cool idea - would be interesting to have a 'belt' changing hands on the basis on single matches. Perhaps when a particularly juicy weekend of fixtures comes up, you could cover it like Wrestlemania or Royal Rumble (if the pay-per-views are still called that :p).

It might be an idea to get some peronalities from the WWE involved, maybe as club charimen or user-created players. Or perhaps have each person who signs up assume a wrestling personality - that would make for some great banter in the thread :D

I think I would have to be 'Big D' :D

Cool idea - would be interesting to have a 'belt' changing hands on the basis on single matches. Perhaps when a particularly juicy weekend of fixtures comes up, you could cover it like Wrestlemania or Royal Rumble (if the pay-per-views are still called that :p).

It might be an idea to get some peronalities from the WWE involved, maybe as club charimen or user-created players. Or perhaps have each person who signs up assume a wrestling personality - that would make for some great banter in the thread :D

I think I would have to be 'Big D' :D

I like that idea of a wrestling personality involvement. That would be cool - we could have the wrestling personality as manager maybe?

Ok guys, need some feedback:

With my JoseRR challenge complete (conveniently after a nice round 20 seasons) I have now made a 2nd save. This save I plan on using for an experiment that I've been keen to do for a while now.

Basically the idea is so simple. I will resign my post and then observe Savona's progress without me as I holiday through the seasons. It will be very much inspired by kipfizh's Bandits experiment in terms of the presentation as well as the particular things he looks at and follows.

The intention is to see how the AI deals with maintaining a team at the top. Who they bring in to replace me. Which players stay. Which players go. Basically everything, I want to know what will happen to the great club I created!! Will they sink or swim!?

Now over to you guys (if you'd be so kind :D) - firstly do you think its worth running? Would people be interested? Secondly what would you want to see in the opening post with regards to screenshots/info about the gameworld?

Any help/ideas are more than welcome guys, I'll be very grateful and if things go to plan, could be getting this up and running soon :thup:

It is definitely worth running and I would interested to see how the AI manager plays Rotunno. :D

Give some background info what you've accomplished over the years at Savona at a minimum. I think other people can suggest a lot more than I can... :D

I certainly would be interested in following the thread if you do it iacovone.

OP wise, I think a summary of your history at Savona along with details about the current squad would be needed along with an overview of the current state of affairs in Serie A (past winners screenie and recent league tables etc).

Would you be open to other people doing the same thing and posting in your thread. If I complete any of the challenges, I'D be interested in doing the same thing and it could make for a good comparison with your findings.

Well, I am going well with my first sign-up, the FMX-Factor, and have had loads of positive feedback from those involved. It's now a case of playing it through and reporting on the eliminations and stuff. Thanks for the advice I was given on here, it really helped.

Anyway, I have another sign-up idea that I want to suggest for advice. Although I won't be officially starting it until the Summer when the FMX-Factor inaugural champion has been decided, I want to get started on the setting up as I think it might take a while.

Basically, I was watching the WWE the other day (I'm not a huge fan but I do find it mildly entertaining when there's nothing else to watch!) and I thought that it could be a basis for a FM sign-up.

What I am thinking is:

- 20 CSE members to take charge of a club in the Premiership (reputations set to equal, details decided by the CSE members) and rename their club. The team to be replaced will be drafted as the backroom staff and chairman could be a positive impact on the sign-up.

- A draft using the best first elevens from the current Premiership teams (based on 442 formation) so that each CSE member is given eleven players for a 442 formation. A manager draft will also be used as well as further player drafts involving promising football league and European players.

- The aim will be to be a champion - like the WWE. We'll have a World Champion and an Intercontinental Champion but these will be determined using FM. Different types of matches will be used - sometimes the winner will be decided by highest position, best aggregate scores, best cup performances etc ... Others will be able to challenge each other in order to try and move themselves up the rankings in order to get into a better position for a title shot.

- Players will be able to be traded on the thread so that underperforming teams can improve with skill and good decision making. They will also be able to select formations etc ...

Any comments?

One interesting proposition could be the idea that different forumers could challenge the forumer who is the current belt owner (i think this happens in wrestling) on different parts of FM such as number of goals over a certain number of weeks, and the winner would get ownership of the belt

Overall its a great idea, good luck with it :thup:

One interesting proposition could be the idea that different forumers could challenge the forumer who is the current belt owner (i think this happens in wrestling) on different parts of FM such as number of goals over a certain number of weeks, and the winner would get ownership of the belt

Overall its a great idea, good luck with it :thup:

Yeah, thats the idea. The challengers for the title might need to be determined (for example, the team/player ranked #20 is not in a position to challenge the World Champion for example) by myself based on ranking: i.e. the player ranked #2 would be entitled. But you could challenge others to try and advance your player/teams up the rankings. And sometimes, the challenger could state the stipulation: i.e. the number of goals scored in a season would be the stat that determined the winner.

You could also have some mini contests to determine the #1 contender, such as most points won in a month or FA Cup/League Cup/Premier League Champions getting an automatic title shot.

I think the lower ranked players shouldn't be completely ruled out though. It just wouldn't be wrestling if we didn't see some jobber pull off an upset once in a while and hold the title for a day! :D

You could also have some mini contests to determine the #1 contender, such as most points won in a month or FA Cup/League Cup/Premier League Champions getting an automatic title shot.

Yeah was thinking that. I'd already decided that we'd have Battle Royals and Royal Rumbles!

I think the lower ranked players shouldn't be completely ruled out though. It just wouldn't be wrestling if we didn't see some jobber pull off an upset once in a while and hold the title for a day! :D

Well, the lower ranked players could challenge the player ranked #3 and then move into position to challenge for the title. Or they could challenge the ranked #7 team/player to go for the Intercontinental Title and then move on from there.

Daft as it sounds DodgeeD and Denther, I had thought about that - well the hardcore element anyway!

Need to decide how to work the rankings. Easiest way to explain would be with an example.

Lets say I had these players involved and after the starting Battle Royale, I have them with these points (in brackets):

1. Edge (20) --- 2. Jeff Hardy (19) --- 3. Chris Jericho (18) --- 4. Rey Mysterio (17) --- 5. Shelton Benjamin (16) --- 6. Triple H (15)

This would make Edge the World Champion and Triple H the Intercontinental Champion.

Now I would probably decide that the Title Match would be Edge vs. Jeff Hardy and would use FM to determine their result. However, Triple H might decide that he wants to improve his ranking. I'm thinking that to improve your ranking, you need to challenge and defeat someone above you. So Triple H challenges Chris Jericho - they have a difference of 3 in their points. If a player defeats a higher ranked player, they get half of the difference so Triple H would move up to 16.5 points. I'd probably round up/down in these situations or else it'd get messy!

So now we'd have Triple H above Shelton Benjamin - that sound OK?

There is no point challenging a lower ranked player as it cannot improve you.

If you are challenged by a lower ranked opponent, you cannot refuse. So, if you wanted to challenge someone, you'd have to challenge them quick before someone challenged you.

If a player was the World champion and lost the title, I'd swap the champion and the challengers ranking and points around. So if Jeff Hardy defeated Edge, Edge would drop to second on 19 points and Jeff Hardy would go first with 20 points.

How about an "vs the AI, career challenge" ?

Will require using the official DB editor (so LLM regulars may not like the concept)

Create 3-5 new AI managers with CA 100, PA 200

Contract Field to be left blank (unemployed at start of game)

Set Ambition & Determination to 15

All other attributes to be set @ 0 (Optional extra difficulty level: Physio/Chairman ratings set to 1 (this gives more weighting to the scouting/coaching & managing skills they have))

None of the added AI managers can be given a starting Reputation level that will be LOWER than you choose for your own

There should be a minimum of 2 added managers that have a starting Reputation level that will be HIGHER than you choose for your own

There should be a minimum of 1 added manager that has a starting Reputation Level EQUAL to the level you choose for yourself

Set Reputations as follows

Automatic Rep: Home 20; Current 20; World 10

Sunday league Rep: Home 30; Current 30; World 15

Semi-Pro Rep: Home 65; Current 65; World 32/33

Pro Rep: Home 120; Current 120; World 60

International Rep: Home 160; Current 160; World 80

Age 29-31 on game start (eg Dob xx/xx/1978 for FM09 users)

Staff Role : Manager 20

Prefered Formation : Any (except 424)

No preset Club or Player Likes/Dislikes

Allowable Nationalities - Only those you will be loading to create the save, so Dual Nationalities must be have both nations loaded.

Nations and League depth are optional, but i feel a minimum of 5 nations with all playable leagues enabled especially for the first few

seasons.

Create your Manager choosing from Automatic, Sunday League or Semi-Pro experience ONLY, and give a dob in the xx/xx/1978 (for FM09) range, Nationality as above, finally check the Unemployed box.

From here the save runs much the same as any other Career Save challenge, how high can you climb up the footballing worlds ladder, but you need to compare how well you are performing compared to your AI Rivals

Can you earn more over your career than they do ?

Can you win more Awards, Cups and Titles than they do ?

Can you win more games, or draw and lose fewer games than they do ?

Can you last longer at 1 club (shortest AND longest time at club) than any of them do ?

Can you do it spending less, and receiving more on transfers than they do ?

If you decide to accept an offer to manage an International Team, you MUST resign from your club role (just as the AI managers do)

I would also recommend making use of the Weekly 3 file rolling Autosave feature as occasionally your AI managers will "retire" suddenly without warning or news items.

The challenge will be over when ALL your added AI managers have retired.

Thought's, suggestions and/or improvements are welcome.

[edit]

Apologies if this has already been suggested, but 30 pages is just a bit to much data to check through

[/edit]

I have created a manager sign-up because we have not had many this year.

If you want to sign-up, here is the link:

So, you think that you can do a better job?

The one thing that I would like some advise on is on how I will award bonuses (increased rep, PA etc.).

I am planning on giving them for matches managed, trophys won etc.

But, I would like some obscure unexpected bonuses that I could give but I can't think of any.

Can anyone help me with an idea here?

The one thing that I would like some advise on is on how I will award bonuses (increased rep, PA etc.).

But, I would like some obscure unexpected bonuses that I could give but I can't think of any.

I'm not sure how people would take to this, but you could take 'age' off of the managers. This would, in theory, give them a longer managerial career. It's literally the first thing that sprung to mind when I read your post. I will probably think it's a horrible idea in 5 minutes or so.

Hey pnefc22,

You could give an award for best head to head record. In my manager sign up I don't give stat increases etc, but after every season I do an head to head table based on average points per game v other users.

Top of this could get some award :thup: