Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

I quite like this idea, and maybe even having a holiday game with a "perfect staff" team (with ordinary / no players - maybe increase its training and youth facilities?) and a "perfect players" team (like in kipfizh's challenge, but have very poor staff and a poor chairman (high interference, etc - maybe start with poor training / youth facilities?), and see which team is more sucsefull. Prob have one team in BSN and one in BSS?

Whilst I have no doubt the perfect players team would perform better initially, it would be interesting to see if the perfect staff would be better long term?

Of course Im too lazy to run this (and am still on FM2007), but if anyone wants to run with it I'd follow it.

Cheers,

Marky Mark

That is a very good idea I found from the 1st page!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had an idea. How about putting the national champions of each playable league into one league system and having a 'proper Champions League'. Would the likes of Man United and Barca stand out or be overtaken by the champions of less successful nations. What do you think?

i've just had an idea hit me, but as i've got exams till mid June, i wont have time to put the idea into a game till then.

the idea is a sign up, and it will make use choosing whether the manager is male or female (still need to check the editor to see if its only player managers that can be female, or if i can set staff to be).

it would probably go along the lines of: if they all start out in the BSS/BSN, who can rise to the top first, and who can earn the most money over a period of time.

thats as far as my thinking got, feel free to rip it to pieces :)

i've just had an idea hit me, but as i've got exams till mid June, i wont have time to put the idea into a game till then.

the idea is a sign up, and it will make use choosing whether the manager is male or female (still need to check the editor to see if its only player managers that can be female, or if i can set staff to be).

it would probably go along the lines of: if they all start out in the BSS/BSN, who can rise to the top first, and who can earn the most money over a period of time.

thats as far as my thinking got, feel free to rip it to pieces :)

We have something similar running already, by Denther. :thup::D

I've thought up an idea for a save :). Because i've been bored of th numerous careers i've done and got really far - i need a new kind. (this is in the General Discussion but here it is) My first little idea is to put a team like Man United or Chelsea in the League 2 or BSP, take away their funds, take away ALL their coaches and players except 3 selected good players and try to totally re-build th club and return them to glory. If you have any ideas to make it better and if you like this plan - let me know!

Cheers

How will they go bankrupt? Im not meaning take ALL the money away. Enough to re-build. Cos you'd still have to take in crappy players for the time being eh? Any ideas to make it better?

Guest roberto922

Plan it properly before you make the thread :thup:

One major factor is that the debts will need to be wiped or at least severely cut or they'll be obliterated financially within a couple of months at the most

Got an idea for a Top Trumps style sign up.

20 people sign up supplying just their name and nationility all attributes are random. Scores are awarded based on goals, assists, etc. At the end of the season the bottom three players can challenge an opponent Top Trumps style with any attribute, if it is higher they win points to add to their attributes or take away from the player they challenged. If they lose the challenged player gets the same choice. Screen shots are PM to players so no-one knows strengths or weaknesses of your player.

I was thinking CA of 80 and PA of -8 for the players strating in BSP or similar league. Not sure what kind of points to award for challenges won - thinking about 6 points with no more than 2 to any attribute. Could also include CA and PA as things you can use points on.

Thoughts? Appreciate any feedback.

@ CircusCarnie - Yeah, I like the idea. The thing that jumps out at me initially is the problem with screenshots. Obviously to show screenshots on these forums they need to be uploaded to a site like, for example, imageshack or photobucket. Once a link is sent to someone via PM then they would be able to navigate away from their screenshot and into the album in which all the screenshots. One way around this would be by operating on trust, although that could never be "policed".

I hope that makes sense.

Basically:

1. I'd get a link from you to an image of my profile

2. I could then click on a link which would say something like "back to album", and then view everyone elses screenshots.

I like the idea of the top trumps game. Another way of getting round the screenshot problem that tomsmith mentions is to attach the photos to emails which you would have directly uploaded via your computer so theres no chance of cheating. This also should ensure that the people involved would be unlikely to forget about the sign up as they would most likely check their emails often.

Edit: I just tried with that photo and I couldn't work out a way to get to others so it could work.

Yeah imageshack seems to work. I couldn't find a way of getting back to the albums. :thup:

EDIT: Is it possible to search for users from the imageshack homepage and then access their albums from there? I cant test this as I dont know anyones user name for imageshack.

:thup: good stuff. Thats the first potential problem sorted.

The other problem I envisage is people signing up and not checking in to challenge a player. Would you suggest giving the challenge to the next player on the list or no challenge at all.

In all likelyhood you will get a lot of interest in this so you will either be able to pick the people you feel are most likely to follow the sign up constantly or to get a long reserve list to easily replace the person who is not checking in.

As its the person at the bottom of the league I say they lose it. Its in their interests to check in as they have the most to gain but its up to you. You could try running a test season first to see what happens.

That would work. A way of making sure that people are around for the challenges if they are in the bottom three is to give a sensible time limit. It has to be remembered that not everyone can come on and check things everyday so a decent time period will give them as much chance as possible. Another way of cutting down on this would be to "hand select" the people who sign up instead of basing it on a first come, first serve basis. It seems that getting people to PM you with reasons why they want to join the sign-up, how active they are etc... seems to work well.

When I mentioned the user name thing in the previous post I hadn't thought of something. What has come to mind now is the fact that we don't know your user name and we can't find it from just screenshots so that makes no difference :D

I was thinking three days to make the challenge and select what attributes to increase. I work shifts so it can sometimes be a few days before I'm around anyway. The player making the challenge would be able to choose what they want to increase as soon as they select a player. There would obviously be a slight delay if they lose the challenge and the other player is not online but I don't think it would be too much of a problem.

Could you try this link it is another screen shot from my album but I have made it private. Hope this way no body would be able to search for my profile and find the screenshots but still be able to view them.

:thup: thanks for feedback so far

Feedback has been positive, thanks guys.

Another idea is to add a wildcard challenge in there. At the start of the season there is a vote from three choices. things like highest league position, most games played, worst discipline. Whoever wins the wildcard also gets to challenge a player. It would mean that players who are not scoring enough to challenge the top or to many for a bottom three will also be involved.

Credit where its due. I got this idea from blowcrapup's third prize idea in the random game

i have a challenge idea

where you start in say the bsn and you have to make it to the top but you can only get promoted once with each team

would be hard enough

tell me what you think

If I remember rightly something similar has been tried before and didn't do very well. I can't remember what its called though. It could work this time round though.

If I remember rightly something similar has been tried before and didn't do very well. I can't remember what its called though. It could work this time round though.

ye i tried it last year when i had a different

username

I know there is the career thread but I was just wondering if it might be a good idea to have a 'one club career thread' for those who tend to play with one club and take them to glory (but that club isn't a non-playable one and thus doesn't qualify for the various challenges).

For instance, I tend to have a save game with the Saints along the same lines as Dafuge's Challenge, however there isn't anywhere for someone like me to update. I imagine that there must be others like me who have picked a playable team and aren't intending on having a journeyman/career style game.

Perhaps it should be a 'Lower League Management Updates' thread instead? I'm not sure but I think something like that might be good for CSE. Might be a good idea for the future.

Any thoughts?

C.