Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a silly idea for an experiment that might have been suggested before...

Larger update on this: Ive sucessfully tipped the whole thing upside down. Sub-100 clubs in the Prem, most league 1 clubs and everything above that strewn rather randomly into the three leagues below BSN/S and in a fit of fever, the 850 rep club Harrow disappeared and reemerged in league 2 with me afraid of changing it because i could break the whole thing. And ive almost done an entire season with it now and it appears to be working.

Now i just need to figure out how to shape it into an AI experiment/holiday game...

I am going to be doing a similar experiment to last season (the 200 years of holidaying in England). What I want to know is what you all want to know about regen creation and/or development. I am open to any suggestions of what I should be looking for in each crop of regens that pass through England.

The things that I will definitely be doing are:

Nationalities of every crop of regens.

Number and club of high-potential regens (170+ PA)

Analysis of the youth intake at Blackburn each season to keep track of how good their regens are, how good they are at judging their abilities, and what level their regens drop down to after not making the grade at Blackburn.

Some accounting of breakdown of regen CAs.

I will probably run a test season or two on the second patch just to see how my computer handles it before I run the full version on the last patch. Go ahead and give me suggestions on what I can look at. Please keep in mind that I will be looking at each crop of regens individually as opposed to analyzing all regens over time and the regens that clubs are bringing in from abroad.

Bring this to everyone's attention again.

I am currently testing out a code which will let me make future regens appear in the game.

(this is in a thread in GD called 'Regen' if anyone wants to check it out)

And, if it works I will be making it into a sign-up etc.?

I am going to be doing a similar experiment to last season (the 200 years of holidaying in England). What I want to know is what you all want to know about regen creation and/or development. I am open to any suggestions of what I should be looking for in each crop of regens that pass through England.

The things that I will definitely be doing are:

Nationalities of every crop of regens.

Number and club of high-potential regens (170+ PA)

Analysis of the youth intake at Blackburn each season to keep track of how good their regens are, how good they are at judging their abilities, and what level their regens drop down to after not making the grade at Blackburn.

Some accounting of breakdown of regen CAs.

I will probably run a test season or two on the second patch just to see how my computer handles it before I run the full version on the last patch. Go ahead and give me suggestions on what I can look at. Please keep in mind that I will be looking at each crop of regens individually as opposed to analyzing all regens over time and the regens that clubs are bringing in from abroad.

You are analysing Blackburn in the Premiership so why don't you analyse say Preston in the Championship and a club in League 1 and League 2 as well to see how it differs.

You are analysing Blackburn in the Premiership so why don't you analyse say Preston in the Championship and a club in League 1 and League 2 as well to see how it differs.

That is a good idea. I probably will not be able to go into the same level of depth with multiple clubs, but it would be good to see the different PA spread of different youth teams.

UPDATE:I am having problems with the code thing and would need some help as it is not recognised by 09 but is by 08.

If I get it working on 08 then, I will do it on that but 09 would be preferred.

NEW IDEA: I have a new idea concerning a challenge in Spain.

It would be with Valencia.

It would be of moderate to easier difficulty.

It is just a rough idea and would be winning the Spanish League 3 times and the champions league twice plus, the world club championship once amongst others.

As well as this, this would contain a challenges to complete section much like the one on say COD on xbox live

Hey guys, i have an idea which im looking for to design today, i just want a few quick views on what im planning to do to see what people think. I haven't yet decided on a suitable title so any ideas for it would be excellent.

Ok so basically i will be recreating English Football. I will be bringing the biggest clubs in the WORLD! to English Football. We will see the likes of A.C. Milan taking on Manchester United and teams such as Arsenal LOSING (hehe) to Real Madrid. Also football management will take a reshuffle, bringing the top managers to England to control this new country of tops teams.

However things dont stop there, the reshuffle and what team you get isn't up to you, however choosing your first 11 players is. I've designed a seeding table which will allow you to pick your players fairly, players seeded 1st are the best players in the world, players seeded 11th are good players but the worst choices available. Basically you choose 1 player from each Seed 1 to 11, but choose wisely as you have to pick according to your positions (will you go super defensive or look to destroy teams with brute force?)

There are a few more bits to add in but thats what im planning, what do your think of it?

Hey guy' date=' i have an idea which im looking for to design today, i just want a few quick views on what im planning to do to see what people think. I haven't yet decided on a suitable title so any ideas for it would be excellent.

Ok so basically i will be recreating English Football. I will be bringing the biggest clubs in the WORLD! to English Football. We will see the likes of A.C. Milan taking on Manchester United and teams such as Arsenal LOSING (hehe) to Real Madrid. Also football management will take a reshuffle, bringing the top managers to England to control this new country of tops teams.

However things dont stop there, the reshuffle and what team you get isn't up to you, however choosing your first 11 players is. I've designed a seeding table which will allow you to pick your players fairly, players seeded 1st are the best players in the world, players seeded 11th are good players but the worst choices available. Basically you choose 1 player from each Seed 1 to 11, but choose wisely as you have to pick according to your positions (will you go super defensive or look to destroy teams with brute force?)

There are a few more bits to add in but thats what im planning, what do your think of it?[/quote']

I like it.

Sounds good.

Here is a little taster of what the English Leagues will look like:

Premiership

1. Barcelona

2. Chelsea

3. Inter

4. Manchester United

5. Real Madrid

6. A.C. Milan

7. Arsenal

8. FC Bayern

9. Juventus

10. Liverpool

11. Olympique Lyonnais

12. Roma

13. Sevilla

14. Valencia

15. Porto

16. Benfica

17. Sao Paulo

18. Fiorentina

19. Sporting CP

20. Boca Juniors

Championship

1. River Plate

2. Athletico Madrid

3. Ajax

4. Fenerbahce

5. Palmeiras

6. Zenit St.Petersburg

7. Villarreal

8. Galatasaray

9. Olympique De Marseille

10. PSV

11. Werder Bremen

12. Gremio

13. Cruzeiro

14. Internacional

15. CSKA Moscow

16. Lazio

17. Celtic

18. Schalke

19. Rangers

20. FC Girondins De Bordeaux

21. Dinamo Kiev

22. Chivas

23. Palermo

24. America (MEX)

League 1

1. HSV

2. Udinese

3. Espanyol

4. Sampdoria

5. Deportivo

6. Tottenham

7. Shaktar

8. Napoli

9. Leverkusen

10. Zaragoza

11. Besiktas

12. Paris Saint-Germain

13. Olympiakos

14. Feyenoord

15. Genoa

16. AS Monaco FC

17. Spartak Moscow

18. Anderlecht

19. Flamengo

20. Borussia Dortmund

21. Cruz Azul

22. Osasuna

23. Everton

24. Stuttgart

Pnefc22, this is a sign-up, not for the editing forum, people will be taking part in it, i doubt someone has done the exact same thing as i propose to do? However thanks for the information as this will help with my editing of the database, i've run into a slight problem along the way.

Right here's my newest Idea.

An Alphabet league

Part 1. People sign up with a team made entirely of people who's surname begins with a certain letter of the alphabet.

E.g and A team could contain

Aguero

Asenjo

Agger

Arbeloa

etc.

10 teams would probably be best, although the idea could possibly stretch to more.

Part 2. After the teams have signed up, it becomes an OOTP ( i think thats the right thing) where you send in your tactics and team lists. I then write up the match report and we see who wins at the end of the season.

The only problem I'd personally have with running this is time.

Right here's my newest Idea.

An Alphabet league

Part 1. People sign up with a team made entirely of people who's surname begins with a certain letter of the alphabet.

E.g and A team could contain

Aguero

Asenjo

Agger

Arbeloa

etc.

10 teams would probably be best, although the idea could possibly stretch to more.

Part 2. After the teams have signed up, it becomes an OOTP ( i think thats the right thing) where you send in your tactics and team lists. I then write up the match report and we see who wins at the end of the season.

The only problem I'd personally have with running this is time.

I think that sort of sign-up has a lot of potential for success, I was thinking of something similar earlier. My Idea was you'd take the top or bottom say 10 or 20 ranked nations in the world, create a club side for each nation and then the sign-uppers :confused: pick a 23 (or however many) man squad of players from the nation they get assigned to and they have to stick with that squad for the season. Stick the club sides in a league and you have sort of an International Super League.

Yeah I think that sort of sign-up lends itself to more banter because there is a more personal touch to it, in most sign-ups you beat the other participants because of what the AI simulates whereas in these type of things you feel more responsible for the win/loss because you've submitted you're tactics/team etc.

You could have:

GK: Reina

DR: Rafinha

DC: Richards

DC: Ruben

DL: Riise

MC: Riquleme

MC: Romaric

MR: Ronaldo

ML: Ribery

FC: Rooney

FC: Robinho

And a subs bench of: Robben,Riera,Remy,Rossi, Ramesy

That sort of team wouldn't look out of place at Real Madrid ;)

or Rushden & Diamonds, which ever one you want

This is emense i don't believe i nearly missed this.

It will be very comical to see some of the teams that come out.

I think it will be even funnier when people miss out amazing players due to forgetting there an R for instance.

Also who is going to get X, Z, Qetc.

Also with connecting names like dos and van i take it your not counting?

ok im ive read most of the challenges and a few pages of the ideas and im not sure if this has been said anymore but i want some feedback on my idea.

this came about due to dictator sepp blatter trying to basically achieve this challenge :). i also wondered if it could be done in real life as well as in this FM.

Single Nationality Challenge

1st goal- win the league with players from the chosen country of your league e.g premiership= english players only

2nd goal- champions league

3rd goal- world club cup

Rules

*1st team squad must only contain players from the nationality of the league

*players with double nationality will be allowed (however i may change this)

*if you get sacked you must either start again or get a new job, no adding manager

*there will be a points system for achieving the goals relating to the season it is achieved. there will also be points for players called up to national teams and winning domestic competitions.

*you have four seasons to achieve although again i mite change this depending on feedback.

after doing a bit of research on the clubs in europe i find maybe four year is very difficult but then again who wants an easy challenge, then again it is possible to win the league in your second season as by that time 3 transfer windows would have passed.

the easiest league to do it in would be italy plenty of teams with low non nationals.

of the big european team ac milan, man utd, roma, valencia, fc bayern are good starts with 9, 10, 11, 11, 11 respectively. outside shouts being deportivo, espanyol, villa, west ham, psg, marseille, galatasary, celtic, rangers, sampdoria, palermo, napoli, feyenoord, leverkusen. my reason for this being there reputation within their country and low non national count.

the really big team are the hardest as they have teams with a minimum of 15 non nationals.

so who thinks this is a good idea, or any idea on how to modify it to make it better.

right guys I have what I think is going to be a good AI experiment/observation. its going to be called Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs.

Basically we have the 7 dwarfs - 7 players with vastly different personalities, Sneezy, Sleepy, Dopey, Doc, Happy, Bashful and Grumpy. They will all be 16 years old and have a CA of 100 and PA of 200.

I am thinking of having their reputations v.low. They will start on free transfers and all be each others favoured personnel.

There will also be Snow White, our female manager also starting unemployed. She will have a CA - 100 and PA - 200 like the dwarfs but start with a much higher reputation ~150. The dwarfs will all be her favoured personnel.

Now as yet I haven't found a way to get the Queen into the experiment, if anyone has an idea let me know as it might be fun adding her in and despising the dwarfs and snow white.

The overall idea of the experiment is to see how the dwarfs get on in their career. To see if they'll make it to the top, go into management, and play for Snow White.

Again this is in its early stages, I'm still doing the database, but I'd appreciate any feedback/ideas before I get going fully :thup:.

dre2000 - I like the idea, altough I am not too keen on the time limit. If I can remember correctly challenges with similar guidelines have been attempted, but none was set out too well, so if you put a lot of effort into making a good OP and challenge description itcould work.

Swafe - I like the managers idea, although owenozy is already doing something similar. You could maybe specify the managers for a region. A suggestion would be adding managers to the lowest rep clubs of different nations of a continent (e.g. Asia or South America) and see which manager can rise to the top quickest and win the continents club competition first?

iacovone - I really like the idea! The only thing I could suggest for the Queen is that se maybe has the highest CA and hates the rest of the charachters.

Thanks for the feedback guys, the Queen will basically be a very talented but extremely hard to work with Manager (hardness of training, dirtiness allowed, unsporting, temperamental, etc) and hate them all.

I'm going to hopefully run it on full detail over the whole of the British Isles.