Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

That would be quality - call it the Isle of Wight (or any other island off of the coast) challenge. Very hard though...

Yep, i'm in, and going to give this a go...

Can't decide between the Isle of Wight / Isle of Man / Shetland Islands or Orkney Islands (the latter two to enter the Scottish 3rd division)...

Any thoughts lads?

Give me team name suggestions etc... and i'll get this whirling tonight!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if the sound of it makes a couple of you like it then it must be worth me making. Will start playing around with the database tonight, although and working next several days so might not be quick progress.

Added; Largest island in England is Portsea Island off Hampshire, followed by Isle of Wight. Falkland Islands and Gibraltar would be possible.

Pitcairn Islands hold the worlds smallest population.

Or Antarctica

Ok... we're going for the Isle of Wight...

Which town will be team be based in:

- Newport

- Freshwater

- Cowes

- Ryde

Or should i just place Newport (IOW) into the Blue Square South...

Excited about this! I'm thinking of starting a challenge or sign-up, but being a person of little imagination, I was wondering if there are people who have ideas that they aren't going to put into motion? That I could try?

Am thinking of doing an experiment, where I'm a lower league club in a fairly weak country, but have top notch Youth and Training facilities, and see if I can get to the top with just my club's youth players. We could also follow the progress of the youth players who move on to greater things? Its fairly basic, but I think it may be good fun if it runs for a long time.

I have an idea for a challenge which i have been developing (i have at least 10 ideas that i can look at doing, but this one seems the best) and i just wanted to see what interest i will get in it.

The challenge is called "The Old Lady" and is based on the currently unique and amazing football feat of Juventus. They are the only team in the world to have won all official international competitions and cups as recognised by fifa and one of the six federations. In Europe this equates to:

Intercontinental Cup (World CLub Championship)

Uefa Champions League

Uefa Cup

Uefa Super Cup

Uefa Cup Winners Cup

Uefa Intertoto Cup

I have made a list of the 29 teams left in Europe who can still achieve this, based on the fact that only teams that have won the Cup Winners Cup can do so, and what cups they still need to win. They range from Ajax with 5, to Slovan Bratislava, with 1. Challenge would be to complete the list to become the second team to succeed in this real life challenge.

I also have one twist as well, as there is only one team outside of Europe, available on the game, who can actually complete this as well, and would perhaps be the hardest challenge of them all, what i have titled "The Ultimate Old Lady". i want to keep this team identify a secret until i can see if there is interest in this.

Anyways, what you think?

ok, deleting all San Marino players won't work as they won't be manageable with so few.

Just need to find a good country name >_<

Couldn't you just change the Nationallity of San Marino players to Italian, and then change the nationallity of any player born in the Isle Of Wight in the db atm (must be a few).

That would work although would take a lot longer to make changes.

The current database has me using Antarctica with all San Marino players with full international caps being deleted, I think starting without any other players apart from the first batch of kids would produce too many silly results in the first few seasons. This also means there are no recognisable players for anyone who has played as San Marino.

I was thinking of starting a sign up where each player takes the role of an assistant manager at the club of their choice. I know there was a signup like this I think for FM 2008 but didn't finish. The players are given a set number of attribute points and to pick for themselves and have CA 100 PA 200.

I had an idea for a challenge:

Basically, I would set up a game consisting of the English Leagues, from Premiership down to Blue Square South, and Scottish Premier to Division 3.

Before every game in every division and cup, I would add one manager for every team playing so I know the odds for each game. I will then holiday them, allowing the AI to kick in (In cup games against non-playable teams, I won’t be able to add a manager to them obviously).

I will then publish a list of every game, and the odds for each team to win, or for the match to be a draw.

I will publish the odds at 7pm every night, and stop taking bets at 10pm. Games will be played at 10.30pm, with results published at midnight.

25 players would start this challenge, given a kitty of £500. I will keep tabs on winnings and update the leaderboard after every 2 or 3 weeks or so.

You can bet on one team or accumulators, whatever takes your fancy.

Thoughts?

New Idea

Aims of the Game

The year is 2023, you have returned from a luxury 15 year holiday, away from all footballing matters.

You decide it is time to get back into football as a manager.

However, as an unexperienced manager, not many clubs are willing to take you under their wings.

The only clubs you are able to manage are teams struggling in Blue Square divisions in England.

When you return to football, it's not how you imagined it, most of the familiar faces have aged and retired, only a few of the youngsters from the past remain in the game, as aging veterans of the game.

You must recruit some of the players you have never heard of before, to build a strong team capable of surving/winning promotion in the BSN/BSS leagues

From there you have to try gain promotion from each league, up to the Premiership

Points will be awarded on

> League Position/ Wins

> Cup Position/ Wins

> Manager achievements

> Continental trophies.

I'm just wondering if anybody would be interested in playing a game along these lines if I put the database online so you guys are able to download it.

Please reply

It's different, with his you could use players that are already there in the game.

Just with a club that wasn't in the lowest league before

With this, it's a lot different, there are hardly any recognisable players, meaning it's more of a challenge.

You could always start with a differnet club if you liked?

Yeah, I can do that, if you all want to start with differnet teams, whcih date is it the promoted teams are chosen by the AI?

But all the players will be the same though.

What do you suggest?

Or I could start it later, so all of the players are regens?

Would that make it any better?

Save on June 23rd or 24th...league reset date is June 25th.

Add some twists to your challenge. Like an-all English team. Or add an international element to your challenge. Or put missions.

Just adding some of my ideas. Unique rules can attract people to your challenge.

Was looking into starting a new sign-up game- have done a few for the previous FMs so just seeing how much interest there is for a new one before I set it up.

Any suggestions on team name, league or anything else is welcome.

You mean like a club sign-up mate? If so, I'd suggest The Lower Leagues of France. I was very close to taking my sign-up to the Loire Valley or one of the Portugese Islands, before people power won, and I decided on Greenland. Although I'm currently loving Greenland, in the future I'd love to either host or be apart of France or Portugal.

I would personally like a sign-up to be outside of Europe, I don't remember there being one that was. Obviously I am biased, but one in Brazil would be interesting as the Third Division is huge and there are also the State Championships.

If you were going for Europe though, Portugal would be ace.

Yeah sorry I did mean a club sign-up, before I done Spain & Germany.

Portugal was one of my options and as that seems popular I will go with that.

I'll start getting it ready and post a thread after lunch to start sorting out the final details and getting a squad.

Just as an idea for nationality we could use a South American nation with Portuguese as a second nationality.

Yeah sorry I did mean a club sign-up, before I done Spain & Germany.

Portugal was one of my options and as that seems popular I will go with that.

I'll start getting it ready and post a thread after lunch to start sorting out the final details and getting a squad.

Just as an idea for nationality we could use a South American nation with Portuguese as a second nationality.

Actually, you could create a team from a former colonie and put it in the Portuguese league. The most obscure and fun ones for Portugal would be Cape Verde and Sao Tome & Principe, small islands off the West-African coast.

Actually, you could create a team from a former colonie and put it in the Portuguese league. The most obscure and fun ones for Portugal would be Cape Verde and Sao Tome & Principe, small islands off the West-African coast.

Sounds good to me as I wasn't sure on a team :)

If you wanna help with any ideas for it i'd be very grateful

I'll start setting it up with a player form & intro in an hour or so

Maybe you could ask people in the intro for opinions?

I would base the team's name on the capital of each country, Praia (Cape Verde) and Sao Tome (Sao Tome & Principe). Praia means beach in portuguese, so something like Praia Beachboys, Praia Heat or Sandy Praia would be appropriate.

I forgot about Mikey T, and also The Race for the White House.

I reckon that's a really good idea about using a couple ofthe Portugese colonies, From what corinthiano has said about Cape Verde, It seem they would be really good. Looking forward to this crhealy. I remember a few of your old sign-up's which were always interesting and well updated.

Maybe you could ask people in the intro for opinions?

I would base the team's name on the capital of each country, Praia (Cape Verde) and Sao Tome (Sao Tome & Principe). Praia means beach in portuguese, so something like Praia Beachboys, Praia Heat or Sandy Praia would be appropriate.

Ok yeah that sounds like a good idea i'll give it a try :)

Thanks for the help with names Praia Heat sounds good to me but i'll let others have a say too

I forgot about Mikey T, and also The Race for the White House.

I reckon that's a really good idea about using a couple of the Portugese colonies, From what corinthiano has said about Cape Verde, It seem they would be really good. Looking forward to this crhealy. I remember a few of your old sign-up's which were always interesting and well updated.

Cheers thanks for the support :)

Now hopefully can get enough people to join in & make it interesting

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=98968

Cape Verde thread in case anyone wants to join :)