Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

may have already been done but im not sure, was thinking of doing a celebrity in the jungle where people would create a player (good enough for a first team so age around 27/28) aand they would get placed in a hyundai a league team in australia, one player a team.

at the end of the season the two lowest average ratings (minimum 10 games) go to a vote and the remaining players vote who they think should go, sent in a personal message to me. if a player moves clubs that is seen as quitting the challenge and leaving the jungle, harsh but fair:D when the last 3 players are remaining there will be another vote to see who finishes first second and third.

what do you think?

anyone can take this from me because i cant use the editor as long as they thank me for the idea in the OP of the sign up;)

The Land of Dreams

A developed idea:

Okay firstly, I will be creating a new Nation (well editing a current one, due to the restrictions on the editor.) The nation will be named 'The Land of Dreams'

Players will be given a chance to name the 20 clubs in the sign up (anybody may participate in this part, even if you don't wish to sign up!) and the 20 best names will be picked, by me. All clubs will have a reputation of 5000, top training and youth facilities as well as a Transfer Budget of £15 million.

20 forumers then sign up and using the form that I will post in the opening post they will be able to create a player that I will then put in to the database. This player will become the captain of one of the 20 clubs in the league. All the players will have the same nationality (The Land of Dreams), so all players will be competing for a position in the national team. Each player will start with a CA of 120 and a PA of 200.

20 other forumers create a manager, using another template that will be posted in the opening post. You will have to choose the stats for the manager, although you will not actually be the manager (like in WW's signup) only you will be able to choose whether you want to sell the captain of your club when the opportunity comes along. You can sell him and bag the money, or keep him for the sake of the club. Managers will also have a CA of 120 and a PA of 200.

There will then be a live draw done to see which player and manager goes with which club.

How does that sound? :)

it sounds like a very good idea in principal, although i'm not really sure what the point in having a 'manager' would be if all he did was pick whether or not he was going to sell a player. What you could do is make it like a sign-up where people get to 'create the club' using the 20 best names you chose. They could then pick all the little details like stadium name and kit colours etc. Then you could get someone to create the captain of each club. You could then track the progress of both club and player, which would should satisfy all 40 of the people involved. This shouldn't take up much time, as you wont have to take that many screenies, and you'll get a lot of people posting (which is what you want/and deserve for the hard work you'd be putting in).

Just an idea though, it's your choice.

What would you say is 'unique' then?

I still think it's too similar to WW's. Sorry I can't add anything more constructive but I'm not really in gear today. :)

It also reminds me of a sign-up from not too long ago about a new nation along the lines of Elysia or something, but I can't remember who ran that.

I still think it's too similar to WW's. Sorry I can't add anything more constructive but I'm not really in gear today. :)

It also reminds me of a sign-up from not too long ago about a new nation along the lines of Elysia or something, but I can't remember who ran that.

But I can't really find that many similarities between it and WW's sign up :(

It was because a lot of people weren't taking a lot of interest in the threads, and were instead posting about what Ridley's had for breakfast or what Robert_296 favourite colour was. Obviously there just examples, but that was what it was like, we were too busy posting about completely random things in there, than we were in the many good sign-ups/challenges.

I did my research and this was an AI experiment run by Wegason - link in archive.

But I can't really find that many similarities between it and WW's sign up :(

Forumers are creating players and managers who are together at the same club. These clubs then compete against each other, which is what happens but with nations with the FOOT Tournament.

I'll be honest, I think that you've thought of an idea and are trying anything to get it through "the system" despite it's similarities to WW. I believe that you could benefit from thinking a little bit further and developing a more original idea.

That's not to say you shouldn't do it, but this is the ideas thread and you have asked us for our opinions.

it sounds like a very good idea in principal, although i'm not really sure what the point in having a 'manager' would be if all he did was pick whether or not he was going to sell a player. What you could do is make it like a sign-up where people get to 'create the club' using the 20 best names you chose. They could then pick all the little details like stadium name and kit colours etc. Then you could get someone to create the captain of each club. You could then track the progress of both club and player, which would should satisfy all 40 of the people involved. This shouldn't take up much time, as you wont have to take that many screenies, and you'll get a lot of people posting (which is what you want/and deserve for the hard work you'd be putting in).

Just an idea though, it's your choice.

whs

Ridleys - your idea sounds fine (better than your idea on the previous page, which did have quite a few remarkable similarities to my sign up :D ). However, Paul's idea would give you much more scope for involving a larger number of people more actively. But Mikeytwigge has just started a sign up similar(ish) to that in South America.

I'll be honest, I think that you've thought of an idea and are trying anything to get it through "the system" despite it's similarities to WW. I believe that you could benefit from thinking a little bit further and developing a more original idea.

That's not to say you shouldn't do it, but this is the ideas thread and you have asked us for our opinions.

I don't really know what to do to make it more original though.

I think it would save a lot of excess work, E.G - presumably constantly asking the managers if they want to sell the said Captain. Obviously mikeytwigge has just started a sign-up similar, but his is in South America so you would probably get away with it. You could still have the Captain option, giving each team 1 player that would be 'captain' and then running it on the AI. Obviously that player would almost certainly leave the club. But you'd have to spread the positions well in order for the National team (presuming that you'd still have that part included) to do well.

The Land of Dreams

A developed idea (again):

Okay firstly, I will be creating a new Nation (well editing a current one, due to the restrictions on the editor.) The nation will be named 'The Land of Dreams'

20 forumers will be given a chance to create the 20 clubs in the sign up and the 20 best names will be picked, by me. All clubs will have a reputation of 6000, top training and youth facilities as well as a Transfer Budget of £15 million.

20 forumers will then sign up and using the form that I will post in the opening post they will be able to create a player that I will then put in to the database. This player will become the captain of one of the 20 clubs in the league. All the players will have the same nationality (The Land of Dreams), so all players will be competing for a position in the national team, choose wisely when choosing the position of your player! Each player will start with a CA of 120 and a PA of 200. If you have created a club then you cannot create a player.

There will then be a live draw done to see which player goes with which club.

Sound better?

Idea

My idea would be to have the 5 countries for football in Europe and start as a club in the lowest league of that country. The countries would be England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France. You would be able to attempt each country in whichever order you wanted, and each country should be a different save game so that you can play two or more countries at once and be at different stages. You would have to win every possible trophy in each country to class it 'complete'. Also, you would have to keep one player that was at the club originally when you first took over throughout your time in that country, an he would be your 'legend'. If your 'legend' scores over 200 golas you would get 200 points. There would be no points system, just the countries you've completed and the trophies you've won. The 'legend''s score would be to seperate people at the top of the table.

Let me know what you think.

Im thinking about starting a new game on the 9.2 patch with Newcastle United , and was wondering if anyone would want to join me in a , challenge , type game.

This would consist of keeping each other informed of each others progress and the winner of the challenge would be whoever has acheived the most in X amount of seasons (we could even do a points scoring system e.g. win FA cup = 50 points).

If you are interested , will you PM and we can discuss things further.

Thanks.

FM09 A New World Challenge/Experiment/Signup

I have no idea how to efficiently create a no-player db (I'll probably die before I would create it if I delete it one player at a time...), so I've come out with Plan B.

The Ultimate European Superleague

I think this still fills the 'New World' mantra as it involves all the best teams in Europe in the English structure. The 20 or so super footballers will ply their trade at a 'Blue Square North or South' team of their choice and try to climb to the top.

Challenge: There will be a points system to determine who is the best footballer coming out of (insert country here).

Signup: People sign up lol.

Experiment: The Ultimate European Superleague will serve as the experiment. Who is truly the best club in Europe? Wanna try a Global Superleague but I'm lazy. :p (not to mention I'll probably put Toronto FC in the EPL :D)

I'll give a bit more once voting ends.

Guest roberto922

Signup: It's an interactive signup. The more you post, the more you get to play on the national team. :)

Bad idea IMO to state this publicly, it's a good thing to involve this strategy but don't say anything about it on the thread or you'll get people spamming the thread to guarantee a starting place. Best to do what The_Lambs did and just mention after a while that you've been monitoring who's been posting regularly

roberto, I never said that. ;)

Anyways the BSN and BSS teams:

BSS

• AIK
  • B. Jerusalem
  • Bochum
  • Brann
  • Djurgarden
  • Elfsborg
  • FC Groningen
  • FC Vaslui
  • Hearts - reserved for Robert Jones
  • IFK Goteborg
  • Lech
  • Legia
  • Loko (Sofia)
  • M. Tel-Aviv
  • Metalist
  • Metalurg D
  • NEC
  • Salzburg
  • Sunderland
  • Tromso
  • Wisla
  • Zilina

BSN

• Aberdeen
  • Aris
  • Artmedia
  • Banik Ostrava
  • BATE
  • Brondby
  • Domzale
  • FC Moscow
  • Genk
  • Helsingborg
  • Kayserispor
  • Panionios
  • PAOK
  • Rapid Wien
  • Rubin
  • Tampere Utd
  • Teplice
  • Timisoara
  • Trabzonspor
  • Unirea Urziceni
  • Valerenga
  • Young Boys

Guest roberto922

*grumbles* ignoring my posts :mad: Here it is :D

I was thinking about something following what seems like the end of fantasy football due to it involving way too much for the responses it was getting, my idea isn't one for a particular sign up etc. but more along the lines of tackling the fact that 99% of sign ups and experiments end very prematurely.

Basically I was thinking why don't people team up more often? For example one of them does the DB and then uploads it for the other person, then the next person does the first update (or a set number of updates) and then uploads the appropriate files for his teammate to download and do the next update/batch of updates. This would obviously be aimed more at the demanding sign ups and experiments or towards forumers that want to do experiments/signups but don't have enough time to do them themselves. In my opinion it would ensure that signups etc. last longer and a higher percentage reach the end, it would of course depend on the forumers working well together, co-operating, being fairly punctual etc. and would (in my opinion) improve the forums as a whole.

Just let me know what you think, I've brought this up because theres sign-ups like fantasy football that are very enjoyable but are not being completed because of the time and effort taken to do each update which often results in forumers losing interest as the updates are taing upwards of a week to complete.

Idea

My idea would be to have the 5 countries for football in Europe and start as a club in the lowest league of that country. The countries would be England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France. You would be able to attempt each country in whichever order you wanted, and each country should be a different save game so that you can play two or more countries at once and be at different stages. You would have to win every possible trophy in each country to class it 'complete'. Also, you would have to keep one player that was at the club originally when you first took over throughout your time in that country, an he would be your 'legend'. If your 'legend' scores over 200 golas you would get 200 points. There would be no points system, just the countries you've completed and the trophies you've won. The 'legend''s score would be to seperate people at the top of the table.

Let me know what you think.

Anyone got an opinion?

Anyone got an opinion?

I think the idea is a good one, but there are parts of it I don't like. Having a challenge where one must complete five nations in any order eclectically is a good idea, but I don't like the idea of the star player: the challenge in itself would be enough. It could also be rather time consuming, and as people prefer to try the more established challenges first you may not get a large number of participants. Perhaps you could set a beginning in the top flight of the country until winning the domestic division and the Champions League?